• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Madison M

I don't have a better or more recent picture with me right now, but here's my Bounsweet (now Tsareena) right after I caught it in November. I temporarily went into the Wild Area for something and it jumped out in front of me. Took me a second to process what happened.

k7JXEr5.jpg

I don't have pictures of any of my other shinies, but I do have Farfetch'd in Platinum; Smoochum in Crystal; Dodrio and Victreebell in Let's Go Eevee; Magmar in Go but transferred to Let's Go; Ludicolo, Floatzel, and Abomasnow in Ultra Moon. All except for Farfetch'd were caught in 2020, which I call the Year of the Shinies. Farfetch'd was caught around 2010.

Last edited:

Phillies

This morning playing Go I managed to catch 2 shiny Cubchoo, a shiny Eevee & a shiny Makuhita. About an hour ago I hatched a shiny Alolan Grimer. In pokemon shield I got a shiny Quagsire.

It hasn't been all good though today. I just lost a shiny Zekrom in Pokemon AS do to it struggling itself to death. It would have been a short hunt too. Couldn't have been more than 150 resets. Oh well back to hunting.

Oh wow, I haven't posted in here since November before I caught the virus.
I've shiny hunted a lot during my quarantine and after it as well as finally beat Ultra Moon for those version exclusives, so here's a pretty big list, not in order:

jEP0ZEb.jpg

CA7H1mJ.jpg

eHiP0Wg.jpg

EstwCt2UUAQhybr

EstwCtyU4AAHAEE

EstwCt0U0AEuaWb

EstwCtwUUAInyvV

EstwoQ1U4EAVIa5

EstwoP3UYBQJVP7

EstwoPgUwAANy0W

EstwoPjU0AAv0du

EstwwEnVkAQy9_z

EstwwE2UYAQ0TZ3

I've also hatched 3 shiny male Snorunt before I finally managed to hatch a female, but I'm not including those since they're basically fails. I already had a shiny Glalie to begin with.

Currently, I'm MM'ing for a Hippopotas in Sword and SR'ing for a Kyogre in Ultra Moon.

Also, congrats to everyone with your shinies~

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
After a slow month, with my only shinies a Celebi reward and the community day Machop, I got two random shinies this week, a third Tailow and my first Mareep of the game. :) I didn't even get Mareep till earlier this evening, so I'm glad to be out of my rut.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Picked up a shiny Tauros from the year of the ox event. I’m thinking I could have used a different ball besides a Master Ball, but the purple goes well with the radioactive green.

After some thought I think I’m going to nickname it Mountain Moo :)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got an awesome surprise tonight in Go, a shiny Treecko! The little guy threw me for a loop. Moving him into Home.

111bdc8d34110c3bc775c48c2fb1b42696ff7d1d.jpg

Last edited:

Phillies

Today I reclaimed my failed shiny Zekrom from Tuesday. In Pokemon Go I caught 2 shiny Sneasels from the research today as well as 2 shiny Cyndaquil, a Murkrow, a Mareep, a Ralts, & a Aipom. That makes 13 shinies from Go for me this week.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Got a shiny Sneasel from Go a few days ago. It’s one of my favorite shinies! I’m looking for a shiny Yamper in Sword, continuing the hunt that i gave up on a few months ago. 756 encounters and counting PROBABILITY HATES ME

Teravolt

THE SHINY YAMPER HAS ARRIVED
THANK GOD

Teravolt

The shiny Sobble has arrived after 75 eggs! Very excited.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Caught a shiny Roselia in Go. Moved it over to Home and then into Shield.

Teravolt

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Picked up a shiny Cramorant in the raids today. Caught it in a Net Ball which surprisingly still works with the orange. Not sure what to nickname it yet - probably something related to Cheetos ;)

Phillies

Well you have extremely good luck. I'm luck to get 3 of any shiny in Go lol. Seriously.

What about on Community Day?

I've caught about a dozen shiny Roselia so far but no luck in getting a 3*. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go out today to try for a shiny Budew due to not wanting to deal with more snow. I'll have to save that hunt for Sword or Shield.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
What about on Community Day?

I've caught about a dozen shiny Roselia so far but no luck in getting a 3*. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go out today to try for a shiny Budew due to not wanting to deal with more snow. I'll have to save that hunt for Sword or Shield.
That's generally my community day luck. Seriously. I'm not kidding. The yearly one I posted was a rare exception. My regular luck is worse. But I did get a shiny starter recently, which was a nice break in the monotony.

TyranatarGojira

Haven't caught a shiny Cramorant yet, but I did randomly join a one star Clobbopuss raid and get a shiny, so the weekend won't be a waste.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Talk about extreme luck. Not only was I invited to a decently sized Latios raid, but I encountered a green Latios. And I actually caught it in one go. Even ignoring its shininess, this is the luckiest I have ever been in legendary raids

Monox D. I-Fly

Talk about extreme luck. Not only was I invited to a decently sized Latios raid, but I encountered a green Latios. And I actually caught it in one go. Even ignoring its shininess, this is the luckiest I have ever been in legendary raids
Ah, Shiny Latios... My very first Shiny Legendary in Pokemon Go...