• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Yesterday in GO I had some serious luck. Within the space of an hour I both hatched a shiny Riolu and found a shiny Yanma

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Attempting to find shiny Reshiram in DA. Is it normal to have gone through at least 80 3 or 4 catch DAs (at least 240 mons with a 1% shiny rate each) without finding A SINGLE shiny? PROBABILITY WHY

Hello all! Long-time lurker here—thought I’d start posting since this thread is so dead now…

Currently, I’m working on 3 different hunts:
1. MMing Slowpoke on Sword-about 500 eggs in on this one
2. SRing Arctozolt on Shield-only about 400 SRs in, luckily I was able to collect 50 fossils (which took forever) so it goes fairly quickly
3. I started a BQ on X/Y which are some of my favorite games-resetting for Chespin on both, have no idea on the SRs since it’s too discouraging to count them, 3 days in though

Good luck to anyone still out there hunting! :)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
OK, this is pretty sweet. I have bemoaned the difficulty of Clamperl and have been joyous its the field research reward. And my most recent Clamperl? Was purple. I was already considering trying to raise a Clamperl to a best buddy in order to get enough candy and ensure I can get the other evolution out of the number of Clamperl I saved up, so getting a shiny one was perfect

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had a bunch of shinies this week, including FINALLY getting a shiny aipom (now if only buneary and magmar will show up!), but the best addition was my shiny ditto. I FINALLY finished the Kanto Tour goal, which took so long because getting my couple of friends at work to trade is like pulling teeth. I just wish the game would let us trade with friends no matter the distance, it would really help. Thank God I have almost 40 friends, or getting the 151 gifts sent in the Mew goal would be just as hard.

Xionea

Half a centaur
3lhqy4g.jpg

Sg6X7dY.jpg

Been working on this one on and off, but I've been obsessed with wanting to get Froslass as a shiny, as it's my favorite Pokemon, however I hadn't really bothered to try and get one cause of the 50/50 shot of Snorunt being female. I got a shiny Snorunt in GO last year, but it was male.

But then I remembered Snorunt spawns in the overworld in certain snowy areas, so I could RE them and fight them in the process to slightly increase the shiny chance. Then I also remembered the secondary effects of Cute Charm, so I grabbed a male Lopunny and leveled it up so it could OHKO Snorunts. Worse case scenario, I still get a male Snorunt and I just evolve it to a Glalie.

375 encounters later and she shone for me! A beautiful female Snorunt. I caught her in a luxury ball because I only accept the finest of comfort for my soon-to-be shiny Froslass. I evolved her and now I've accomplished my goal of getting my favorite Pokemon as a shiny!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
OK this is pretty awesome: while the Master Class is brutal, I was able to get a Pokemon encounter with the current legendary. Better still; it was a blue Regigigas. While getting any Deoxys would be wonderful come July, I think the best case scenario is if it's a shiny one. For obvious reasons I have never personally caught a yellow Deoxys

Xionea

Half a centaur
Had a super long drought of non-shiny Pokemon in Dynamax Adventures, been at least 6 months and probably 50+ runs since my last which was a shiny Stakataka. But the streak finally broke today, I got a shiny Perrserker, which, unfortunately, I already got a couple of from the earlier event raids that boosted its shiny odds. So that was a little heartbreaking. But! On the very next run through, I ended up getting a shiny Pangoro! I didn't have that one yet so that made me happy to see. Good looking shiny too.

Congrats to TheMaster327 on Garbodor, Obstagoon, Cramorant, Heatran, Flygon, Cherrim, and Tapu Koko! Are you going for all the DA legendaries?

Congrats to RedJirachi on Clamperl and Regigigas, wobbanut on Aipom and Ditto, and Phillies on Zigzagoon and Bidoof!

And congrats to Xionea on Froslass, Perrserker, and Pangoro! Are you going for a specific DA shiny or just hoping for whatever?

As for me, I do have some shiny news. Slowpoke shines at 708 eggs! I’ll need to hatch another one for Slowking (this one will be Slowbro) so that will be my next goal.

Otherwise, I’m mainly working on my XY BQ for Chespin. Still not counting SRs but I’m now up to over 100 hours of total game time. Arctozolt is at 2600 fossils seen.

Good luck to all!

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Hmm... it's been a good long while since I posted here, if memory serves.

I picked up Sword and Shield again in lieu of the Gen IV remake announcements. Suffice to say, I'm convinced my early-game boon which manifested in the form of a shiny Klink (now a lovely Klinklang) in Sword was a fluke. Since resuming the games, I've had this dreadful compulsion to find a shiny in Shield to balance the 1-0 inequity out. I have since defeated over 500 (mostly female) Combee without so much as a single sparkle. I've switched my focus to Route 1 Wooloo for the time being.

That's not to say I've not had success anywhere. During the Snivy and Gible Community Days in GO I nabbed over fifteen shiny specimens of each featured 'mon; although I was busy with friends during this weekend's Tepig Day, one still sparkled for me. In addition, not one but two Clamperl shined for me as a result of last month's research rewards, and Cliff was nice enough to leave behind a shiny shadow Seedot after I beat him (though I had a shiny Shiftry already).

Then there's Pokemon Masters EX, where my pride and joy, a shiny female Muk, continues to bail me out of so many tough situations! That being said, I have plenty of shiny partners I don't use....

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Still working on my shiny Beldum hunt in Pokemon Shield. Needless to say, it still is being a pain in the butt.

Not giving up though. It'll show up eventually.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Hmm... it's been a good long while since I posted here, if memory serves.

I picked up Sword and Shield again in lieu of the Gen IV remake announcements. Suffice to say, I'm convinced my early-game boon which manifested in the form of a shiny Klink (now a lovely Klinklang) in Sword was a fluke. Since resuming the games, I've had this dreadful compulsion to find a shiny in Shield to balance the 1-0 inequity out. I have since defeated over 500 (mostly female) Combee without so much as a single sparkle. I've switched my focus to Route 1 Wooloo for the time being.

That's not to say I've not had success anywhere. During the Snivy and Gible Community Days in GO I nabbed over fifteen shiny specimens of each featured 'mon; although I was busy with friends during this weekend's Tepig Day, one still sparkled for me. In addition, not one but two Clamperl shined for me as a result of last month's research rewards, and Cliff was nice enough to leave behind a shiny shadow Seedot after I beat him (though I had a shiny Shiftry already).

Then there's Pokemon Masters EX, where my pride and joy, a shiny female Muk, continues to bail me out of so many tough situations! That being said, I have plenty of shiny partners I don't use....
If it helps you feel any better (or worse), it took me over 700 kills for my shiny Yamper.