• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
If it helps you feel any better (or worse), it took me over 700 kills for my shiny Yamper.
I'm an impatient soul regrettably, but yes, it does! It's just slow goings since I'm trying to ensure my quarry is female, meaning I have to examine every overworld model for that blasted red dot. At least I have control over some part of the hunt...

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Yesterday, I got a shiny Accelgor DA hunting for Reshiram. Today, I got a shiny Ditto and a shiny Falinks TWO RAIDS APART. All this after not having gotten any DA shinies for months.

Golden_Arcanine

Been since my COVID down time back in January that I've done any real shiny hunting, but this past month I started to hunt a Johto Corsola and roughly 100 eggs later it hatched out a baby blue Johto Corsola. And then went back to some rounds at hunting Lunala in DA, and I got a shiny Pilowswine and Golduck.

Teravolt

My quest for the golden Reshiram is still fruitless, but I got a shiny Seismitoad and a shiny Marshtomp yesterday. Now I’m at 5 shinies in 71 raids, which is absolutely insane!

Teravolt

I now got a shiny Kangaskhan while hunting for the golden Reshiram. 6 shinies in 104 raids now.

Xionea

Half a centaur
And congrats to Xionea on Froslass, Perrserker, and Pangoro! Are you going for a specific DA shiny or just hoping for whatever?
Aiming for Pheromosa. Just found the path tonight finally! Hopefully I'll get her quick.

-------
Found a shiny Wurmple in GO the other day which evolved into a Cascoon. Then tonight I found a shiny Torchic in GO as well, the second one I've found past its Community Day.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've been grinding in the Crown Tundra to level up my GO shinies and evolve some. I did so long enough to find a gloriously blond Piloswine. Next time I do something like this I'm probably going to have to find another place with strong Pokemon that I can also avoid a repeat

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I was capturing several hundred pokemon this past week because I had the shiny Mew goal with capturing 151 species and 30 of each type. For all the effort of capturing something like 200 pokemon so far (and no dragons), I got one shiny, an Aron. Ugh. So much effort and just one shiny.

I can't wait for Pokemon Go fest this weekend, though. ^_^

Teravolt

Great news! I got shiny Reshiram after 72 captures and 123 raids. I kid you not, SIX raids later, I got a shiny Raikou!

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Guess what? First day of GO Fest, I have ZERO shiny luck. I kid you not. Meanwhile, my lucksack mutual nabs 91 shiny Pokemon in a matter of hours. (I have a screenshot collage they sent me if anyone needs proof...)

As it turns out, I was dividing my attention between GO Fest and my ongoing Shield shiny hunt. Although I was eager to continue my Combee hunt (currently at 725 encounters), inclement weather conditions in their spawn grounds in the Wild Area forced me to turn my attention to Route 1 Wooloo.

After a total of 222 encounters, it appeared before me--the illustrious sparkle of triumph!

image0.jpg

First throw was, incredibly enough (and quite fitting to boot!), a critical capture. Hardy nature; capable of taking hits.

Now, here's the kicker: only once I checked her summary did I realize my precious little one was a Brilliant Aura encounter. I was certainly not expecting to come away 129 watts richer, coupled with a free egg move (Swagger) and good IVs!

I get the sense I might've sacrificed my PoGO shiny luck for this, though...

Last edited:

Teravolt

Got my first shiny Legendary in ago today—Ho-oh. Sadly, I caught one in Dynamax Adventures in November. So, this one will go on my trade list.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I had a pretty successful Pokemon Go weekend, though I unfortunately also had my first lost shiny as I was trying to catch my (thankfully second) Chinchou in an area where the Wi-fi is spotty. You know, the pokeball freezes instead of shaking, disappears after a minute, and then you get the "The Pokemon can't be found" message. UGH. On the plus side, I got my first shiny legendary on Sunday, a Rayquaza. ^_^ I also got my first shiny ferroseed and two chimechos. I also traded with a friend at work, giving me my first shiny magmar, Kanto persian, cinccino, and gorebyss.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The GO Fest got me a rare shiny in Absol, and a few others. Two of them Chimecho, which certainly came easier than in the core series. No shiny legendaries, but I was glad to just have plenty more added to my dex.

A thought: since Mimikyu is wearing a disguise, is a shiny Mimikyu actually the Pokemon itself being shiny, or is it just a normal Mimikyu who's disguise is grayscaled?

Congrats to Teravolt on Accelgor, Ditto, Falinks, Seismitoad, Marshtomp, Kangaskhan, Reshiram, and Raikou (phew, that’s quite a haul!), Golden_Arcanine on Corsola, Piloswine, and Golduck, TheMaster327 on Rhydon, Thundurus, and the double Stonjourner (they look so cute in Camp!), RedJirachi on Piloswine, Kyuu-Tales on Wooloo, and everyone on their GO shinies!

Sorry to hear about your Chinchou, wobbanut. :( Lost shinies are terrible. I once reset over a Poipole that appeared after only 27 encounters and it was awful.

I have some shiny news of my own to report! I’ve been neglecting my other hunts to mainly focus on the Chespin SRs and I am pleased to say my efforts have paid off. After over 200 hours total, according to my activity log, shiny Chespin appeared! He is Jolly with a sturdy body and he’s beautiful. I don’t think I can upload photos yet but since I’m planning on doing a BQ I think I will just upload them at the end since I should have enough posts by that time. The only problem is now I’m forever known as Li’l L.

I have already defeated Viola and set up camp at Route 22. My next target will be Litleo. Arctozolt is at 5000 fossils seen and I haven’t hatched any more Slowpoke eggs since my last post.

Good luck to WishIhadaManafi5 on Beldum, Xionea on Pheromosa, Kyuu-Tales on Combee, and everyone else!

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Thank you, Senex! Well, after a drought in PoGO following my Wooloo capture, I stumbled upon a shiny Taillow today while I had my attention divided between GO and a Raid Battle in Sword. Furthermore, I caught myself one of my target Sword shiny 'mon--G-Max Alcremie--in Dynamax Adventures... in Shield version. Not that I'm complaining.

I didn't realize that you can't catch more than one of each Legendary in Dynamax Adventures; naturally I allowed my excitement to get the better of me and I caught several of those available between both or exclusive to one version(s)... ah, well. I was never big on shiny Legendaries.

...Except perhaps the Galarian bird trio. Maybe. If they aren't shiny locked.

Now that I have the expansions, I feel compelled to set up (figurative) camp at Honeycalm Island for that elusive red bee.

Teravolt

Thank you, Senex! Well, after a drought in PoGO following my Wooloo capture, I stumbled upon a shiny Taillow today while I had my attention divided between GO and a Raid Battle in Sword. Furthermore, I caught myself one of my target Sword shiny 'mon--G-Max Alcremie--in Dynamax Adventures... in Shield version. Not that I'm complaining.

I didn't realize that you can't catch more than one of each Legendary in Dynamax Adventures; naturally I allowed my excitement to get the better of me and I caught several of those available between both or exclusive to one version(s)... ah, well. I was never big on shiny Legendaries.

...Except perhaps the Galarian bird trio. Maybe. If they aren't shiny locked.

Now that I have the expansions, I feel compelled to set up (figurative) camp at Honeycalm Island for that elusive red bee.
The Galarian birds are, sadly, shiny locked. We should get an event distribution toward the end of gen 8, though.

TheMaster327

Figured I'd do DA's all in a single post per legendary now to be easier... Here's all the Entei phases!
Claydol is a Naive nature.
Lanturn's a Mild nature.
Tyrantrum was a Hasty nature, since been Minted Jolly.
Absol was Bold (ew) and has since also been Minted Jolly.
And finally, it appeared. Took him long enough.
Entei is a Timid nature, which will need Minting, but at last I can move on to a new hunt!