• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Awesome! Congratulations! What did you name it?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Thank you! I named it Auric. Sounded kinda cool and relates to gold lol. Got a friend to help me evolve it into a Golem so I'll be using it on the team for the rest of the playthrough.

You're welcome! Ooh nice name! Sweet.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
uZde2No.jpg

It finally happened to me: I found a shiny on a first playthrough completely randomly. I'm only 2 badges in, so this was quite a shocker to see pop up!
That reminds me of how I got a shiny Graveler in SoulSilver. I don't really like the Geodude line, but their shinies are definitely good. I really love the golden-like brown colour on Graveler and Golem.

TheMaster327

Finally got to Level 40 in GO, which means the Shiny Living Dex can continue (after Shining Pearl Grand Underground SBQ)!
Screenshot_20211203-222222.png

This Mew shall be heading to HOME, alongside the 150 other Kanto shinies caught up to now.

Golden_Arcanine

Been soft resetting for the last couple of days, and shiny Dialga finally appeared. It was a really quick process and probably less than 150 resets.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Christmas has been good to me this year, as I've had three Santa birds (Delibird) and a third of a reindeer team (Stantler) as shinies in Pokemon Go, none of which I had as shinies in the game prior to two weeks ago. ^_^ I was also glad to finally get my first shiny snorunt in the game, a female, so of course I had to evolve it into Froslass in case a second one for the two-gender Glalie is a long time coming. (I'm still waiting for a shiny male ralts to get Gallade to go with my shiny Gardevoir)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
In new shiny news, I got my first shiny on my own of a shiny I traded for in Pokemon Go. A co-worker gave me a shiny onix a while back, now I finally got one myself thanks to completing a quest. :) There's still a few shinies I have traded for I have yet to get, like squirtle, buneary, minccino, and slakoth. Hopefully I'll get them all as time goes by.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I found a shiny Luxio in Legends, and man was it a trip.

I managed to capture it though.

Edit: Add Wurmple to the list.

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
I don't actively pursue shiny mons, but have caught some and traded for others. In a den raid today, I had my shiny Black Kyurem join a shiny Incineroar and 2 shiny Charizards. Out popped a shiney Excadrill! It was the battle of the shinys. First time in a raid everyone was shiny. Caught the Excadrill and it's a perfect 6IV as well. Until today, the best mon I'd caught was a 5IV shiny Gengar.

In other news, this evening a shiny Charizard popped in a raid, the Gmax kind. It broke fee...:mad: I already have one so it wasn't too bad, but still.

TheMaster327

Nice progress today. Didn't take long getting this after getting the dex research to 10...
Alpha Stantler also turned out to be Adamant, the perfect nature. She still needs time to be fully obedient though.

Then later on, got this after only two outbreaks!
Eevee is a Mild nature, not the best, but with that nature I'm thinking Vaporeon for some Water coverage.

Lastly, a pic of the current team.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I went back to play Let's Go Eevee for the first time in quite a while because I wanted to earn some more money and items (as fun as the games are to play, they're like X and Y, very difficult to earn money in). I heard about the Cerulean Cave being good for item spawns, so I went there last night. As I was walking around the second floor, I barely noticed the shiny Rhydon because it looks so similar to the normal Rhydon, just a lighter color, only the sparkles gave it away. Thankfully, I caught it. I'll try to keep going back there so I can get more items, and if I'm lucky I'll get a shiny Lickitung.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Shinies in Legends Arceus thus far.

Ponyta (Guaranteed)
Luxio
Wurmple
Luxio (Again)
Yanma (Mass Outbreak)

I also failed a second shiny Ponyta, and I thought I heard a sparkle only to not find the corresponding shiny.