• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Sadly, nothing new to update.

My next target is a shiny Charmander, followed by Squirtle and then Bulbasaur... I'd love to have the original three in shiny form.

Congrats to everyone on your recent shinies - there've been some beauties lately. Keep at it, Ceecee-typhlosion, your hunts will end eventually!

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
Graah. So after 4 hours of radaring in Diamond, I had a shiny patch for Electrike, but I stepped into the wrong one x_x. I'm adamant now, I need this thing caught, so I'm going to continue to persue it. Latias still hasn't shone for me in White 2.

Scrufox86

I have 11 shinies, all of which are in my signature, and even with such a small number I struggle to pick a favourite! I'd probably have to say Hibiscus my Meganium and Flare my (soon to be) Infernape though. Meganium is just really pretty, I love her shiny colours and the fact I got a female, plus she only took 3-4 days SRing back in 2010. Chimchar is the first shiny I saw and I wanted one for years, and then I got one in 11 SR's so he's also pretty special, and a really nice colour also :3
Drifblim can have an honerable mention too though for being my first hunt and one of my favourite Pokémon in general :D

Oh erm this is going to be difficult. Well i have 747 shinies. I don't have a favourite but i suppose if i had to choose right now it'd have to be my shiny Latios as it is my only shiny legendary that i successfully SRed for.

Sadly, nothing new to update.

My next target is a shiny Charmander, followed by Squirtle and then Bulbasaur... I'd love to have the original three in shiny form.

Congrats to everyone on your recent shinies - there've been some beauties lately. Keep at it, Ceecee-typhlosion, your hunts will end eventually!

Cool someone else doing the same as me. I already have my shiny Charmander and i have been trying for Bulbasaur to count towards the CH but no luck with that yet. Also have been trying for Squirtle before but i will start again so i can have all three original starters (best starter group) in shiny form.

By the way no luck yet on my shiny hunting i have been REing on route 5 for a shiny, currently at 500 RE's. Also been MMing on white version and hatched a box of non shiny yanma and half a box of non shiny petilil. Will keep hatching the rest of these boxes and let you know if i got anything or not.

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten a shiny since my last post! Good luck to all still hunting.

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
Congrats to everyone and their Shiny encounters ^-^

Now on to me. Like none of my will shine v-v. And whats worse, Im gonna start up on my Black for a shiny something. I think im gonna do like Colbalion or the other two. The later Kyruem. ^-^

How many have you guys obtained and which ones are your favourites?

I've got about 15 or 16. One I have is a Reshiram that I got from someone. I already new it was hacked because you cant get a Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom in BW/BW2. But im gonna keep it anyways cause it is shiny after all :/ As for my Favorite, Im not really sure,
cause I havent got many shiny pokemon. The ones I have gotten were from trades and one RE which was my Metapod. So as for now, I cant say that I have a Favorite shiny

Jorge565

Magikarp
Have gotten about 25 shinies not much but still awesome my fav would hVe.to be my shiny eevee i got recently by chaining. Its modest so it could be almost any eeveelution

wiccan11

Shiny Collector
Just transferred all my shinies over to 1 game now so they're all together. Just counted and I've obtained 51 (69 if I include chained ones too). Pretty happy with that amount to be fair!
If I had to pick a favourite out of them all I'd say either Altaria or Giratina. Both pretty epic shinies!

I have over 70. I would say my favorite would be Alakazam, which happens to be my favorite pokemon of all time. I caught it in Diamond as an Abra.

Now my hunt for Magikarp is at 312 eggs still no shiny butt I'm hatching roughly 100 eggs a night.

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
My first shiny was a Male Nidoran, named Bleu. My nickname is evidence to that, and it's by far the most favourite shiny of mine. He's a Nidoking, and one day I hope to get a shiny Nidoran female to join him. =)

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I'm still SRing for Kyurem.It's been almost a month.Why won't it shine! *sigh*
Anyways.I've also started a game on my SS so that I'd be able to SR some legends,Specially Latias(The enigma stone one).

Just transferred all my shinies over to 1 game now so they're all together. Just counted and I've obtained 51 (69 if I include chained ones too). Pretty happy with that amount to be fair!
If I had to pick a favourite out of them all I'd say either Altaria or Giratina. Both pretty epic shinies!

I have 23 shinies.It's really hard to choose one or even two favorites!o_O
I need to think for a while.Lol.

Last edited:

Master Leo

The Dark Side
OH MY GOD....NUUUUUUU.

I just had another shiny fail on my Crystal Version. Shiny freakin Lugia struggled itself to death. It only took about 300 SR's for it to appear so at least it wasnt a long hunt. On to reclaim the Sea Guardian.

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
^sry for your lost Lugia...

as my hunts stand now, im at 5650 REs at Route 12(would be more but had things to do last 2 days), and my SR im SRing 4 Abras and a Scyther and nothing yet(not really keeping track of #).

as for my fav shiny i own... im kinda torn between Haunter(my fav poke ever), Dragonite(tied for 2nd fav with Umbreon, 1st fished shiny, and ....4REs!!!), Umbreon(tied for 2nd fav with Dragonite, and 1st shiny on my white/1st MMed shiny[Eevee]), and Absol(was a very nice suprise at 300REs)....and if i would choose an honorable mention, itd be Metagross...cant go wrong with 126REs...XD

Last edited:

Duppy

OH MY GOD....NUUUUUUU.

I just had another shiny fail on my Crystal Version. Shiny freakin Lugia struggled itself to death. It only took about 300 SR's for it to appear so at least it wasnt a long hunt. On to reclaim the Sea Guardian.

Wow bad luck man :/

GL with finding it again.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
OH WORD I feel so sorry for you Master Leo! That is an amazing shiny, I wish you luck in getting that back!

In overall terms of shinies I have gotten, I have obtained 16 shinies. However, two of them I no longer own due to losing them (Krabby and Bibarel). My favourite shiny? It has to be my Shiny Lugia. That pink is just perfect on Lugia, and it goes hand-in-hand with it's amazing HGSS sprite.

Hunting wise, I am at 250 REs in Wellspring Cave for Roggenrola, and 200 REs for Marill on Route 212. I would like to have a long hunt for once, around 14k would be ok for me.

Good luck and congrats!

dan2point5

Sorry to hear about that lost Lugia, that truely sucks and I hope you can reclaim it soon.

I'm now at 390 Mudkip eggs hatched, been flying today! Got 60 left to hatch of this batch so I've got my fingers crossed.

Best of luck everyone!

shinydragonairgirl

shiny hunter
currently trying to hatched my boyfriends dream shiny (skarmory with drill peck, brave bird and sky attack) currently at 342 eggs i'm hoping it will appear soonish as i'm starting to get bored of seeing grey and red on this bird.

Dangertrout

Well, after getting back from the horribly run hospital (no ER doctors from midnight till 8am, why didn't they tell me so i could go home and get a bit of rest instead of getting WORSE in their stupid waiting room >: ( I thought I was going to die) it turns out I'm essentially stuck in bed until my kidney heals up a bit. so to heck with the carpal tunnel, I'm playing some pokemon to retain some sanity
Should I do my BQ in B2 or MM caterpie on W2?

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Well, after getting back from the horribly run hospital (no ER doctors from midnight till 8am, why didn't they tell me so i could go home and get a bit of rest instead of getting WORSE in their stupid waiting room >: ( I thought I was going to die) it turns out I'm essentially stuck in bed until my kidney heals up a bit. so to heck with the carpal tunnel, I'm playing some pokemon to retain some sanity
Should I do my BQ in B2 or MM caterpie on W2?

This story sounds terrible hope you feel better soon and i think you should continue your BQ

i have i think 38 shinies and my favorite is well i cant pick but My favorite color shiny is blue :D

as for my hunts im around 13000 starters seen and im at 2882 SRs for rotom

Xionea

Half a centaur
Amazing thing happened to me this morning: I finally hatched my shiny Charmander! Shiny Charizard is one of my dream shinies so I finally took the initiative to get one. My plan was to do it during the bus ride to and from school, so I only hatched like 20-30 eggs a day, so I was at this for almost a month. When I hatched 500 eggs, I took a break for a few days just to wind down, (there were still 5 eggs in my party) and then today I resumed it. After I hatched that 5th egg, what are the odds, a SHINY CHARMANDER! I was having a total geek out moment on the bus (I'm 17, btw, so people were looking at me like I'm an idiot). I had to shove my DS in all my friend's faces yelling at them, "You thought I wouldn't get it, huh? 505 eggs was all it took! HA!"

I'm really happy I have this shiny Charizard now. After my horrible experience of accidentally deleting all of my shinies, it's nice to finally have a shiny again (one that's not given to you). Not sure what I'll go after next, but I'll appreciate anything I find.

TheEliteEmpoleon

In response to the question on the last page, every shiny I've hunted myself is in my signature. I have some that I got from trades, but when counting I only count the ones that I caught.

I'm thinking of SRing Cobalion in B2 to complete the trio, and my Badge Quest is going nicely. Good luck to everyone!

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Congrats on all the shinies over the weekend. Hopefully that lugia will be easily reclaimed. I would hate to loose a shiny.

Im at 550ish eggs now, so bulbasaur will be mine soon and hopefully squirtle too. Gl =P