• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Congrats on Snivy, Terrakion, Sycther and any others that I missed! I'm going good in both my BQ's: 206 SR's for Tepig on White and 3,072 RE's for Eevee on White 2. I've been dedicating a day to each of them(Tepig on Wednesday, Eevee Thursday etc). However I've paused that right now because I really want my Growlithe! I'm up to 1,403 eggs with Masuda and the Charm so here's hopping I get it soon! (Arcanine is my second favorite shiny after Latias). Good luck guys!
~RaichuArcanine~​

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Will5iam on Scyther, Shiny Lord on Snivy, and Ho-Oh the Rainbow Pokemon on Terrakion!

Sorry to hear about the lost Venipede, Rovert :(

Today, I did more hunting than I've normally done, but still less than I'd have liked :p 400 REs in Virbank and 100 SRs for Piplup...And so I'm officially half way past the odds at Virbank! Hopefully it won't go too much over, if at all.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Oh, and congrats on the Marill, Pidjiken :p

Last edited:

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats on the many recent shinies everyone!

I'm up to 10,080 REs on Route 32, and still hunting right now.

Good luck everybody!

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
First Update
Congratulations on current shinies.
I'm now 1447 SRs for Volcarona.
Good luck everyone.
----------
Second Update
Currently,I've done 1748 SRs and still no signs of Volcarona being shiny.
I can't wait to feel the feeling of having shiny after patience,and hardwork?

Last edited:

blisseytank

Congrats on all recent shinies guys!!
I have hatched 180 treecko eggs yesterday but still no luck..
Im at 550 eggs now, can anyone make a predection that would be fun?

Bye and good luck on the hunts everyone!!

Bariokie

rock dog
My stupid nefiew deleted my safe file for black 2.
I HAD 36 SHINY'S
I have been working for that like 2.5 years :(
I did not yell at him because he is just 3 years old.
I was going to the local market to buy some milk and stuff...
My mother's friend came and gave my 3ds XL and he DELETED my safe file..
Farewell shiny's....

TheGiratina999

Love shiny hunting
I HAD 36 SHINY'S
Farewell shiny's....

That sucks :(. My condolences. I hope you find them all again. Best of luck.

*sigh*

Another shinyless hunt over the odds.

Shroomish - 3810 eggs
Abra - 12773 in total.
Route 32 - 3100 RE
Petalburg Woods - 2800 RE
Torchic - 6300 SR

While I get angry at my games, good luck to the rest of you and congrats on all the new shinies.

PolygonalPorygon

<- Current MM Target
Hey guys? Can I have a team suggestion? I've been hatching for a Shiny Cranidos a long time and then realized I'll need a good defensive pokemon to go with it. I decided on Shuckle and realized that I only have one empty space in my team right now. So which pokemon should I remove to make room for Shuckle? My team is in my signature. (The Egg is Cranidos)

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
i was wondering if a stat effects the ability to run away in battle(im guessing speed but idk)because i decided to RE at Abundant Shrine and found my lvl 60 Watchog cant run away from most Stantlers and very few Noctowls..usually ends up with Watchog fainting(happened at Route 12 aswell)..and im pretty sure my Smoke Ball got thrown out...

..and yes ill finish my Venonat MM eventually XD...stopped at 675 eggs so far.

Grats on all recent shinies(especially Whirlipede)/sorry for all lost shinies(Venipede/game full of/etc)/Good Luck on all ongoing hunts.

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^Yes, speed does affect the chance of running.

As for me, I began REing in Virbank Complex yesterday night. I only did 50, but now I have done 690 REs...my target is Magnemite, so I traded a Smoke Ball over for my Magnet Pulling Magnemite.

In my HG BQ, I have hit 2,050 REs at last! I am glad to break 2,000 REs, let's hope it shines before 6,000.
And for Wellspring Cave, I am at 1,000 REs.

Bariokie

rock dog
:( still sad about my 36 shiny pokemon that are now in the digital heaven...*sigh*
Luckily I have found a Shiny Tepig after 78 SR :')

SilverHybrid

Fabulous ;)
I haven't posted here in a while o; Anyways, congratulations on all of the recent shinies!

Anyways, in terms of my shiny hunt for Eevee, I made a couple of boxes of eggs on the 10th hoping to get lucky and thankfully I did :3 The next day I managed to hatch this little guy, who I decided to nickname Crescent: http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/SilverHybridWQ/IMG_20130311_200151_zps9b88f6e9.jpg

I had a little break after hatching Crescent, but now I'm currently hatching the rest of the eggs I have - maybe I'll get lucky again c:

Afterwards, I plan on trying to MM for a Shiny Vulpix and Beldum ~ Either way, I wish everyone luck with their current hunts!

PolygonalPorygon

<- Current MM Target

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
got a shiny horsea recently while breeding to get a dwf. was really surprised since i didnt use MM
currently hunting for shiny beldum

Xionea

Half a centaur
I HAD 36 SHINY'S
Farewell shiny's....

I know how you feel. Except I'm the one who deleted all my shinies by accident, but it was only like 7-8 shinies so its nothing compared to you. (Your nephew must be smart to figure out how to delete a save file on a 5th gen game...) Sorry for your losses.

Since I now have my shiny Charizard already EV trained and level 100, I decided on a new shiny to go after. My new goal: Shiny Maractus. I love Maractus sooooo much and I love its shiny sprite, so I'm going to MM it during school and maybe a little during spring break.

Gratz to all the shinies found recently.

TheMaster327

Super pleased today, as I had my first highly successful chain. 6x shiny Dunsparce at chains of 23, 36, 40, 42, 43 and 44. The one I found at 36 (female, Naive) is going to be mine, 40 (male, Naive) is going to my brother, and 43 (male, Serious) is going to AquaRegisteel, so I have three more to give homes to... Here are the IVs of the remaining Dunsparce...

Chain 23 (female, Sassy)
HP: 23
Attack: 18
Defense: 19
Sp. Atk: 0
Sp. Def: 0
Speed: 22

Chain 42 (female, Docile)
HP: 31
Attack: 2
Defense: 2
Sp. Atk: 28
Sp. Def: 11
Speed: 24

Chain 44 (male, Naughty)
HP: 18
Defense: 12
Sp. Atk: 19
Speed: 16

Anyone interested should send a PM/VM to negotiate a trade... I'll operate a first come, first serve basis, so be quick! Note: You will have to wait until I transfer them to my Black 2, which will be in one weeks time...

(Posted on Shiny Alliance also, so be very quick!)

EDIT: 2 people have replied... 1 more to go...

EDIT @ 22:45pm: Still 1 'Sparce up for grabs... It's the Naughty one, if anyone's interested...

Last edited:

PolygonalPorygon

<- Current MM Target
Super pleased today, as I had my first highly successful chain. 6x shiny Dunsparce at chains of 23, 36, 40, 42, 43 and 44. The one I found at 36 (female, Naive) is going to be mine, 40 (male, Naive) is going to my brother, and 43 (male, Serious) is going to AquaRegisteel, so I have three more to give homes to... Here are the IVs of the remaining Dunsparce...

Chain 23 (female, Sassy)
HP: 23
Attack: 18
Defense: 19
Sp. Atk: 0
Speed: 22

Chain 42 (female, Docile)
HP: 31
Defense: 2
Sp. Atk: 28
Sp. Def: 11
Speed: 24

Chain 44 (male, Naughty)
HP: 18
Defense: 12
Sp. Atk: 19
Speed: 16

Anyone interested should send a PM/VM to negotiate a trade... I'll operate a first come, first serve basis, so be quick! Note: You will have to wait until I transfer them to my Black 2, which will be in one weeks time...

Nice, I haven't had much luck with chains, the only time I've found a shiny was in a chain of one when I mistook shiny grass for normal rustling grass. I'll take one of those dunsparces for my shiny Kyurem, I really don't need it

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I was walking towards the Mt. Moon in my HeartGold game when I saw that male shiny Tangela popping out of nowhere ! I just caught it an hour ago (9h30 AM) and he's very cute ! That's my.. fifth random shiny encounter, all of my games mixed. So I'm saying proudly and loudly...

Community Hunt Complete ! I got that little guy as a Random Encouter and Tangela is very nice in that flash green color.

I'm not a shiny hunter and that was pure luck. And I'm happy to see that I enter the criterias of that month's community hunt. I wanted to add that it was the first Pokémon that attacked me in the grasses of the Route 28 !
Here's a picture of Tangela ! (sorry, this one is a French Version game)
And here's another one, saying that he loves me. (not the better quality and you can see the green difference)

Last edited: