• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Wyverndust

Woo! I found my 4th shiny Eevee a little over an hour ago! Don't have a name for him yet and have no idea what to evolve him or the three other Eevee. Might wait to evolve them until I have an Eevee for each evolution and Eevee itself.

Eevee #1 is impish, Eevee #2 is Brave, Eevee #3 is Docile, and Eevee number 4 is Naive.

Any evolution or name suggestions? All are male.

Congrats Laurelai on shiny Exeggcute, JAWAYami on shiny Petilil and CHimecho, Rayze Darr on Shiny Poochyena, Master Leo on your BG shiny (Spearow? not sure what it is exactly as pics aren't working), Bleu on shiny Cyndaquil, and any others I may have skipped over!

Till next time!

Edit: March 20th (today) is the first day of Spring!

PolygonalPorygon

<- Current MM Target
No I know that, I'm going for both a Shiny Torchic and Shiny Seedot.

Sorry, the way you said that post made me think you were breeding Torchic and Ditto.

Zcrux

Well since I managed to get a Larvitar with Outstanding potential and 4 perfect IVs, it's time for shiny hunting!

JAWAYami

Shiny Dragon Master
decided to hunt route 15(always train there never found a shiny there yet..but MMd Gligar..). Hoping for Kangaskhan/Pupitar(have Tyranitar but hes on Diamond atm...)/Watchog(with Luminate)

...would hunt Shrine again but only shinies i want there yet are Vulpix(most), Misdreavous, Noctowl and Bronzong...but mostly Vulpix...and i dunno if luck would hold out.

good luck to all

edit: just looked up Chimechos' IV's....woah they are horrible....eh still a shiny Chimecho and i love him XD

Last edited:

starrrah

Shine Baby, Shine!
; __________; All you people and getting shiny petilils
Care to rub that luck on me?
Either way congrats Master Leo, ohjeezitsskim, Bleu, JAYWAYami, and Wyverndust
I'm approaching 7k encounters ; _____;
; ________________; this is almost as worse as hatching 1000 eggs
And that even failed haha orz

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Woo! I found my 4th shiny Eevee a little over an hour ago! Don't have a name for him yet and have no idea what to evolve him or the three other Eevee. Might wait to evolve them until I have an Eevee for each evolution and Eevee itself.

Eevee #1 is impish, Eevee #2 is Brave, Eevee #3 is Docile, and Eevee number 4 is Naive.

Any evolution or name suggestions? All are male.

Congrats Laurelai on shiny Exeggcute, JAWAYami on shiny Petilil and CHimecho, Rayze Darr on Shiny Poochyena, Master Leo on your BG shiny (Spearow? not sure what it is exactly as pics aren't working), Bleu on shiny Cyndaquil, and any others I may have skipped over!

Till next time!

Edit: March 20th (today) is the first day of Spring!

Eevee #1 (Impish) > Leafeon > Forrest, Hidden, Spring or Emerald ?
Eevee #2 (Brave) > Flareon > Cavalier, Percy or Fury ?
Eevee #3 (Docile) > Vaporeon > Glow, Mysteria or Navy ?
Eevee #4 (Naive) > Jolteon > Bolt, Stricker or Rogue ?

Community Hunt Complete!

Here's his picture!

(the link takes you to my post on tumblr - I'm not good with posting images!)

After 417 eggs! He is lax nature with effect spore- I will edit in his IV's once I'm done celebrating in my mind :)

IVS
18 - 19
2 - 3 <--- ): I didn't care about any other stat but this one!! Darn! Oh well I got two 30/31s!
30 - 31
18 - 19
30 - 31
20 - 21
Congrats..

*Cries*
3810 eggs and no shiny Shroomish for me? :(

Anyways, nothing new to report, just a lot of hunts and no new shinies eg. 13k for Abra.

Congrats to all new shinies and good luck everyone.

ohjeezitskim

; __________; All you people and getting shiny petilils
Care to rub that luck on me?
Either way congrats Master Leo, ohjeezitsskim, Bleu, JAYWAYami, and Wyverndust
I'm approaching 7k encounters ; _____;
; ________________; this is almost as worse as hatching 1000 eggs
And that even failed haha orz

Just don't give up! I'm sure you will get her soon! I wasn't expecting mine honestly. I was just sitting on my bed watching The Hobbit, when I seen the sparkle!
My boyfriend got mad at me because I kinda flipped out lol

Congrats..

*Cries*
3810 eggs and no shiny Shroomish for me? :(

Anyways, nothing new to report, just a lot of hunts and no new shinies eg. 13k for Abra.

Congrats to all new shinies and good luck everyone.

You'll get him/her soon, I know it! I have the shiny charm, since it seems that's the only way I can possibly get one lol

--
Right now I'm hunting in Virbank Complex with Static. Hoping for a Magnemite. Though a Koffing or Growlithe I wouldn't mind. Elekid doesn't really look too different. But I'm thinking of going to the Ranch because I really want a pink sheep or a Riolu! But there is no double grass to go faster lol

I had a dream that I found my Ruby and Sapphire and found that I had a shiny in each. One was a diglett - it was blue - all blue! And then I got into a battle with a wild pokemon. A shiny Cloyster! Although it was green and not blue.. And RIGHT when I was about to battle it. I got into another battle with a red nimbus cloud. :| I don't even... what's wrong with me.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Congrats on the Bulbasaur. Its one of the more sought after shiny kanto starters imo.

Started a RE hunt on Route 11 for the 3rd shiny in my LG BQ. Hoping the Pokemon Gods dont give me another Spearow :p

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Congrats on the Bulbasaur. Its one of the more sought after shiny kanto starters imo.

Started a RE hunt on Route 11 for the 3rd shiny in my LG BQ. Hoping the Pokemon Gods dont give me another Spearow :p

Thanks Leo :D The next shiny starters I would love to get is Charmander, and Squirtle. I'll start breeding for them here soon. I wish you luck on your hunts. I hope you run into a very good shiny Pokemon!

ohjeezitskim

It's pretty dead here today! ):

So I started to run around in the Complex yesterday and today I continued and after 710 encounters:
second random encounter shiny!
Magnemite!

I'm going back to trying to get a litwick - after maybe a day to two days of running around I might go back to hatching eggs again. Litwick's hunt was at 1415 +120 eggs.

Last edited:

Zcrux

Still no luck on this Seedot, around 100 eggs in. I lost count and released most :(

and congrats on the Bulbasaur and Magnemite guys!

Last edited:

Duppy

How do you guys go about capturing shiny legendaries, I mean what is the best capture pokemon and the best moveset for it? I dont want to spend hours SRing and then accidentally kill the pokemon or have it struggle itself to death.

Crimson_Blazer

How do you guys go about capturing shiny legendaries, I mean what is the best capture pokemon and the best moveset for it? I dont want to spend hours SRing and then accidentally kill the pokemon or have it struggle itself to death.

Always have a back up masterball, and a high level sleeper/thunder waver/super fanger and false swiper. I'm using a pachurisu in my virizion hunt that has t-wave and super fang. And if you are super paranoid know the movesets and count the PP so you can throw a masterball before it struggles

Mienfoomaster

I agree! Are you sure you are doing the masuda method? Because 6 times the odds is not fun.
Anyways i did a few resets on my hg today bringing it up to 915 sr's. Hopeing to reach 1000 by tonight. Hapoy hunting everyone!