• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
So many new shinies,Congratz Guys.^-^
I don't no what to hunt next.I'm still not in the mood of SRing(or HRing in my case,lol).I might continue to hatch Eevees.I wanna collect all the Eeveelutions in shiny form.XD

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
So many new shinies,Congratz Guys.^-^
I don't no what to hunt next.I'm still not in the mood of SRing(or HRing in my case,lol).I might continue to hatch Eevees.I wanna collect all the Eeveelutions in shiny form.XD

This is the hunt I have been working on since December 7th. I am now working on Eevee 6/9 (9 instead of 8 because of Sylveon and I will be keeping one Eevee as an Eevee). If you decided to do what I am doing and try to get them all together at one time instead of separating the hunts, you will get VERY bored, VERY fast. I only am not doing this hunt off and on because I want to have an accurate estimate of how long it took me to get all 9. I cannot wait to get these last 4! Right now I am at 360 eggs hatched out of 660 collected and at 6300 REs.

If you decide to do this shiny Eevee quest, I wish you good luck! :)

Happy hunting everyone and congrats on all dem shinies! :D

Everlasting

Everything stays.
As for my LG BQ, I slowly reaching higher numbers in my fishing hunt. I've noticed that many websites say with Good Rod Poliwag has a 60% encounter rate, yet I am finding WAY more Goldeen instead. Dunno if the info is wrong or what, but hopefully I get lucky and get a shiny Poliwag :D.

Yes, on Bulbapedia it is said too, Poliwag as 60% of encounter rate while Goldeen and Magikarp each have 20%. Still, it's just pure luck. And I wish you a lot of that to get your fifth Badge Quest Pokémon !

Anyway, congratulations to everyone, but I wanted to congratz starrrah on your Horsea, very glad for you !
As for my Sewaddle hunt, I'm doing eggs, and I'm at 150 eggs right now. I hope the 152th could be the one, I could match with starrah, and that would be very funny ! :D
Good luck everyone !

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
Finally after two months of Sring, Drifloon finally shine for me. I am so happy. ^^

Kyle Clarthy

Hey again, everyone!

A massive congrats to *Murkrow, Dangertrout, VictorC, Waffle King, gustavo14 (twice!), Pokemaster 13, ChaChi, Birds of Paradise, John Niles, Crimson Blazer, 2rsa, blue8arman, Staryu, bro, ohjeezitskim, Cyndajay, Shine, City of Delusion, Paddy, HGaddict (awesome story there!) J-Tech, and Starrrah AND Daisymareep on their latest captures! Sorry if I missed anyone, as usual! So many posts. Do you think we're all milking gen 5 dry of shinies at this point, guys? The region is probably almost out! Thank goodness for Gen 6.

And as usual, good luck to everyone. I do have to mention a certain couple of people, because I think that it helps to know that people are thinking of you, right, guys? That goes for anyone that needs to vent or have a little bit of a meltdown in here, too, so feel free! ;) Ceecee, not sure if you'll see this, but hang in there! One Abra is bound to be co-operative eventually... Good luck to Charizard Master#1 and Helio, too ... Not sure if you'll see this Helio, but hopefully that genie looking guy grants you your wish soon.

As for me, I am still working on this HG thingamajig. I've been REing as much as I can since I got my Spinarak (and Papousse, Silky doesn't seem to be working for me, either ... so I'm thinking Athena now ... not sure. Argh, something will just click. Maybe I should just go with Spinneret instead!) but nothing has appeared. So, the last two nights I've been using two DSes to RE. The other DS happens to be Black 2, and a hunt I was hoping for a while ago, and even bred for it and got two RE Minccino instead. I guess it's pretty obvious now who it might be, but just before 11 tonight, I got into a double battle with one red and one blue bodied Pokemon! I had a massive smile on my face, like, "how could this be happening? I only just put this game on 5 minutes ago!"

So, yeah, I had barely done any REs tonight, and a shiny had appeared! I guess this particular hunt, counting last night and tonight, was probably like, just over an hour's worth of REs, considering I didn't do many REs on Black 2 last night, either!

[img139]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4896/1000915iy.jpg[/img139]
1000917b.jpg

1000918ah.jpg

This is quite insane!!!

I'm back to furiously hunting in HG now. I just feel this BQ has gone on long enough!

Also, an update about my foot if anyone remembers. I might have done ligament damage, I can barely walk. I will have to go back to hospital and get scans done again, I think. Very frustrating! I feel so unco because I can't say it was anyone else's fault that it happened. I just happened to walk down off a platform wrong and rolled on it. Talk about a goof!

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Wow, Daisymareep, great job ! Is it part of your Platinum Badge Quest ?

Hey again, everyone!

A massive congrats to *Murkrow, Dangertrout, VictorC, Waffle King, gustavo14 (twice!), Pokemaster 13, ChaChi, Birds of Paradise, John Niles, Crimson Blazer, 2rsa, blue8arman, Staryu, bro, ohjeezitskim, Cyndajay, Shine, City of Delusion, Paddy, HGaddict (awesome story there!) J-Tech, and Starrrah on their latest captures! Sorry if I missed anyone, as usual! So many posts. Do you think we're all milking gen 5 dry of shinies at this point, guys? The region is probably almost out! Thank goodness for Gen 6.

And as usual, good luck to everyone. I do have to mention a certain couple of people, because I think that it helps to know that people are thinking of you, right, guys? That goes for anyone that needs to vent or have a little bit of a meltdown in here, too, so feel free! ;) Ceecee, not sure if you'll see this, but hang in there! One Abra is bound to be co-operative eventually... Good luck to Charizard Master#1 and Helio, too ... Not sure if you'll see this Helio, but hopefully that genie looking guy grants you your wish soon.

As for me, I am still working on this HG thingamajig. I've been REing as much as I can since I got my Spinarak (and Papousse, Silky doesn't seem to be working for me, either ... so I'm thinking Athena now ... not sure. Argh, something will just click. Maybe I should just go with Spinneret instead!) but nothing has appeared. So, the last two nights I've been using two DSes to RE. The other DS happens to be Black 2, and a hunt I was hoping for a while ago, and even bred for it and got two RE Minccino instead. I guess it's pretty obvious now who it might be, but just before 11 tonight, I got into a double battle with one red and one blue bodied Pokemon! I had a massive smile on my face, like, "how could this be happening? I only just put this game on 5 minutes ago!"

So, yeah, I had barely done any REs tonight, and a shiny had appeared! I guess this particular hunt, counting last night and tonight, was probably like, just over an hour's worth of REs, considering I didn't do many REs on Black 2 last night, either!

[img139]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4896/1000915iy.jpg[/img139]

This is quite insane!!!

I'm back to furiously hunting in HG now. I just feel this BQ has gone on long enough!

Also, an update about my foot if anyone remembers. I might have done ligament damage, I can barely walk. I will have to go back to hospital and get scans done again, I think. Very frustrating! I feel so unco because I can't say it was anyone else's fault that it happened. I just happened to walk down off a platform wrong and rolled on it. Talk about a goof!
Soooo happy for you ! For Webby's name, I think you should keep it as Webby. After the long time we've search, I believe the answer was already made. Anyway, that's not the main subject and I'm not the owner of Webby, so you decide !
Wow, that Shiny Pawniard is very cool, I always like the blue color too ! That's what we call being lucky, right ? Good luck on your Badge Quest, too. :p

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats Zane, daisymareep, J-Tech, starrah, and all the others who've gotten shinies since my last update.

I'm now over the 14k mark for route 32. I know this sounds funny but I'm actually kinda excited to hit that mark. This hunt is I think my third longest hunt (not in terms of amount of pokemon seen). This hunt is gonna feel especially good when its done!

Good luck to everybody, especially to people like helio and ceecee along with others with crazy hunts.

Matthyew

hi everyone i have a shiny seadra that i have a dragonscale on that im looking to trade. im looking for a ditto with some perfect ivs on it (im expecting like two or three perfect ivs not a flawless ditto)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
also you better name that blue pwnard megaman

No offense, but bleh. I think Zane would have loads of better nicknames than that, especially because Zane has some awesome nickname ideas.

Right, 265 eggs, but it's becoming a lot slower due to the first egg taking ages to be made >.<

Congrats Zane, Pawniard is such an amazing shiny! As is Drifloon, daisymareep...

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Right, 265 eggs, but it's becoming a lot slower due to the first egg taking ages to be made >.<

We're in the same boat. I've hatched 180 eggs so far and the first one is always the one who takes forever to receive. I think I've heard that you're not using the Join Avenue to get your eggs, right ? It's same as me, then. It's pretty long...
For my next hunt (if Sewaddle's end one day), I planed to hatch a shiny Chatot. What do you think, guys ?
@Papousse, Chatot is a unique shiny not many people go for so I say go for it. Good luck on Sewaddle and good luck everyone!
That's very touching, thank you City of Delusion ! I should not be complaining with my low number of egg hatched but with the old method (I guess you're using the Join Avenue for your eggs, right ?), it's pretty slow... But I'll do my best, thanks !
EDIT : Oh, sorry.. I'm, myself, using a Litwick with Flame Body ability. But you have the Shiny and Oval charm, wich boost the chance to make an egg and to get a shiny, wich makes the job a little bit easier, correct ?

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to gustavo 14 on Sneasel, Paddy on Squirtle, HGaddict on Paras, J-Tech on Shellder, starrah on Horsea, Daisymareep on Drifloon and Zane Clarthy on Pawniard (hope your foot gets better soon)!

Well I just hit 1200 eggs for Eevee with the shiny charm! Ugh, really hoping it shines soon since I have a lot of MM targets I want to get done. I also started my SRing for Johto starters yesterday and its going smoothly atm, so hopefully something shine soon! *crossesfingers* @Papousse, Chatot is a unique shiny not many people go for so I say go for it. Good luck on Sewaddle and good luck everyone! edit: Nah, I'm not using Join Avenue, just hatching eggs like crazy.

Last edited:

It is I-

Congratulations to all recent (and not so recent) shinies.

My attempt at MMing a hidden ability Nidoking is at 855 eggs since the last shiny, and 1427 eggs total.

Houka

Cool I encounter a shiny Woobat yasterday Not sure if Swoobat is really all that good but hey It might just be useful.

HootingLilligant

<-MM Hunt (483, X)

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Congrats on the shiny event beasts, Litwick, Growlithe, Sandshrew, Fearow, Sneasel, Squirtle, Paras, Shellder, Horsea, Drifloon, Pawniard, Woobat and Eevee!

I had a weird sense of deja vu earlier. When I SR'd the Muskedeers I dual hunted to help bump up my ecounters per hour, although I originally expected to get them on my White 2. Nope. Instead, I found Cobalion and Virizion on my Black before finally getting Terrakion on White 2. Two 1/8192 shinies before getting one with the Shiny Charm odds.

And it looks like it's happening again. o_O I found shiny Sunkern in Black a few days ago, and a little while ago I ran into a shiny Solosis in my White version!

Vs shiny Solosis
Hardy nature
Overcoat ability
Double battle with shiny Renuiclus and Solosis

She took about 5,500 RE's total between the two games. My White 2 is nearing roughly 8,000 encounters with no shiny. ._. Feel free to start working whenever you feel like it, Shiny Charm.

I've decided I am going to be getting Black 2 later this week so I'm going to take a break now and try to put together as much of a living Pokédex as I can. Going to try and do most of it on White 2 and hope I get lucky!

Good luck on the hunts. :)

TheMaster327

Shiny Registeel! 2,326 SRs! Terrible nature like the other two (Naive)!

212313_zpsbf00c92c.jpg

213326_zpsb3656fbc.jpg

More pics in a bit...

EDIT: More pics...
215509_zps4b18b7a3.jpg

215514_zpsde0b5e70.jpg

215531_zpsd60d4eae.jpg

215535_zpsfd390cfb.jpg

Also, accurate IVs for once... 10 | 6 | 10 | 15 | 10 | 24 (lol).

Last edited:

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Hey guys, I haven't gotten any new shinies (though not for a lack of trying) but something very very odd did just happen to me.

I went to the GTS in the hopes of getting something to MM with and before I could even select something it said I had a Pokemon coming in from a trade. This is very weird because this is a new file and the first time I've used the GTS on this file. It was a braviary and when I. Checked it out later I saw that all of its stats were zeros and it was fainted, even it's health was a zero.

I'm very confused how I got this thing, any thoughts?