• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Laurelai

Apparently April is Eevee month :) I'm up to 600 eggs and no shine yet. Ah well, I'm not impatient. I'm hoping for the DW Magic Bounce ability- already have the parents with Anticipation, Timid nature and "alert to sounds" for high speed IV. Hopefully they will all come together when it shine. If so, Espeon yay! If not, then Jolteon which I also want :D

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
Any tips for a guy starting his first MM hunt?
I was gifted a shiny Poochyena yesterday so I have decided to try and build my 'heart' team in shiny. i.e.The team of Pokemon that I really love. Which means I need to get a shiny ekans next.

I have the forgein ditto (which I know is not as good as a foreign ekans would be but alas I didn't have any level 9 and under Zekrams to trade for one) any other tips or tricks you guys could tell me?

I'd recommend if you haven't already, find a route you can bike up and down. I personally like Golderod city and Route 3 (Unova).

My mum found my Super Pokémon Rumble, so I've left my hunts behind a bit, but I'm still hatching my secret targets eggs in-between. 100 Eggs. I'm also starting a Unown hunt, I love shiny Unown :)

Also, I'm making a shiny card, but what fonts do you guys use in yours?

Congratulations on any recent shinies and good luck to all!

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Hello, and congrats to all who obtained shinies lately.

As my sig shows, my Larvesta hunt is on hold for now. I really need to get a move on with my HeartGold Badge Quest. I am currently at 5,295 REs...any shiny would be fine now. I do want a shiny that I will evolve (because I plan to have shiny battles with some people on PBR). Wooper and Mareep are fine though, despite the fact that I wouldn't evolve them. I have done around 6,150 REs in the entire Badge Quest so far...

I did 25 REs in Platinum yesterday, so it isn't collecting tons of dust. I do not know when or how I will be inspired to go back to it, but I must complete that particular Badge Quest. 4 shinies out of 8 on it so far, so yeah, no turning back just yet.

SoulSilver hasn't been touched much, but I am doing some SRs for a Johto Starter when I feel like it, but I think playing through it will put it to good use...

Dangertrout

I'm still undecided on what to hunt next. I do still want a female charmander, but that 12.5% chance makes the hunt so very long. >.< Guess I'll keep hatching them until I decide on a new hunt :p

HootingLilligant

<-MM Hunt (483, X)
Apparently April is Eevee month :) I'm up to 600 eggs and no shine yet. Ah well, I'm not impatient. I'm hoping for the DW Magic Bounce ability- already have the parents with Anticipation, Timid nature and "alert to sounds" for high speed IV. Hopefully they will all come together when it shine. If so, Espeon yay! If not, then Jolteon which I also want :D

I evolved my Shiny DW Eevee into an Espeon. I was MMing, so when I found out the Shiny Eevee inherited its mom's DW Ability and IV of 30 in Special Attack as well as Speed, I was far more excited than I would be normally for an MM Hunt. (Plus Timid nature, but with the Everstone trick in B2/W2, that's guaranteed.) My new Shiny DW Espeon does quite well in the Battle Subway, along with Shiny Magnezone and Shiny Kingdra! I wish you the best of luck on that Shiny DW Eevee Hunt, and I hope you enjoy the Shiny Eevee when it hatches regardless of Ability or stats!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Eheh, I just got the Pokérus in my White 2 version for the first time in my life.
Back on topic, congratulations to everyone of you, very happy, especially for City of Delusion with Eevee, great shiny !
Good luck everyone and do your best on your quest !

dan2point5

Congrats to CoD on shiny Eevee and to 201238 on shiny tentacruel. Great work guys.

Just finished day 5 of SRing turtwig and nothing yet. Won't have too much time to hunt tomoz but il try get at least a bit done.

Good luck folks.

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Dangertrout on Charmander, City Of Delusion on Eevee and 201238 on Tentacool!

In regards to Cute Charm in Gen 4, certain TID/SID causes the chances of encountering shinies to be as high as 1/32. It won't make it any worse than the 1/8192, so go ahead and use it if you want.

Thank you very much, I will use it if Burmy or Combee pops up again :3

I'm back again like an unwanted Bidoof, but this time no questions, only semi-shiny related news!
While I'm hunting at Floccesy Ranch, I will occasionally attack a Pokémon or 2, usually just the odd Audino or Psyduck (since I have my Flaaffy up front and effectiveness), and at some point since the last time I checked my team (sometime yesterday), in the 5 or less Pokémon I didn't just run from, I got Pokérus! Yes!

This is actually my second time getting it, the first time during a regular training session on Pearl in 2009, but just knowing how rare PKRS is makes it just as exciting, probably more so this time because it's the beginning of the game and only 1000-ish encounters in around the time I probably got it! So I just wanted to come and share that, because I'm pretending it's a good luck sign XP
Servine is also my first shiny with PKRS, but I might infect all my B2 BQ shinies with it just for the heck of it now. I wasn't planning to EV train them personally anyways and it's already too late for Servine, I had saved right before obtaining my medals from the Pokécenter Medal Man, which is how I found out I had it. Cue my surprise when I'm given the Pokérus Discoverer Medal out of nowhere...

Congrats to Papousse btw who also got Pokérus today I see! :3

Anyways, hunt update (though it's always in my sig for those who are curious)

Drifloon/Honey Tree SR: 1455
Floccesy Ranch RE: 1816

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

ysmr97

Congrats on all the recent shinies!!! As for me, I've paused on all my shiny hunts for the moment! Too much disapointment.... lol

wiccan11

Shiny Collector
Congrads to everyone on their shinies. I FINALLY got one today while REing on Heartgold. Its one I always wanted too bad it wasn't the letter I wanted But hey Ill take a shiny Unown all day long. Guess it's time to do the community hunt.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats to wiccan11, City of Delusion, Murkrow, Bleu, Dangertrout, and everyone else who has recently gotten shinies.

I'm currently at 18,325 REs in my route 32 hunt for my second SS BQ target. At this rate this will be my longest hunt.

Good luck everyone!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to City of Delusion on Eevee, 201238 on Tentacool, wiccan11 on Unown,

Also, I'm making a shiny card, but what fonts do you guys use in yours?

In my card, the "Cpchris' Shiny Card" is 'Trajan Pro', and the rest of the font is Tahoma. Both are in Paint. I just went through the list and found a font I liked as a heading, and then a font that I liked that still looked readable when made small.

Also, I don't know what anyone else does when they make their card, but when I made mine, I made some extra files. 3 of them are Templates - one is the background sized how I needed it with the heading (Cpchris' Shiny Card), the second adds in the boxes that list the type of hunt (surprise random, SR, etc.), and the third adds in all the blank boxes to be filled in with shinies. This way, if I ever find I need to change something about it, I have some templates to go back to, and I won't have to go back to square one and place everything where it needs to go.

Then I have another file with 'Template pieces'. Here, I typed in the font name I used as the heading so I don't forget it, noted the placement of the boxes (how many pixels away from everything the boxes are so it's all consistent and neat, rather than sloppily placed), and duplicated some other boxes just to ensure I have copies of all the pieces and don't have to remake something again =\ Looks like this: http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/Charizard4993/ShinyCardPiecesandTemplate_zpsaf42a533.png

-----

Only did 400 REs and 100 SRs, which is still more than usual, but I'd hoped I'd do more than that (unless of course a shiny appeared). Tomorrow I have to work all day, so I'm probably not going to get anything done :\ If I really try, maybe I'll get 200/50 done.

Oh, and for my birthday, I got a new digital camera that I asked for. Unlike my old one, this one uses rechargeable battery packs, so it lasts a lot longer. My other camera drained through batteries (and the rechargeable AAs we have are old and bad), so since I also got an extra battery pack, I just use one while the other recharges and keep swapping them. So I've been using that today and yesterday, so hopefully whenever something decides to shine, I'll get it live :)

Good luck!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to 201238 on Tentacool and wiccan11 on Unown. Also, gratz to Lunafloon and Papousse on Pokerus!

I've already hatched about 220 eggs for Absol, hopefully this doesn't take nearly as long as Eevee. I'm also at day 3 for Johto starters and hoping I don't get a 3rd Chikorita!

Good luck everyone, especially TheMaster327, I can't believe how stubborn that Tauros is being o_o.

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
Congrats to all the new shinies.

So far, I hatched 74 tepig eggs and I might hatch some more today and soft reset later on route 211.

TheMaster327

Just chained 4 Eevee in the Trophy Garden. Natures are Impish (IVs: 0-3|13,15,17|26|10,12,14|21,23|23,25), Gentle (IVs: 0-3|9-12|15-21|15,17,19|2,4,6|28), Lax (IVs: 22-26|4-8|23-27|28|20,22,24|23,25) and Timid (IVs: 9-12|4-12|31|7,9|1|31).

The Impish one will be an Umbreon, Gentle Espeon, Lax Leafeon and Timid Jolteon...

Soulink

Themaster327 It's funny but I also just chained eevee in the trophy garden(chain of 70). I now have shiny hasty flareon, shiny timid jolteon, shiny jolly leafeon, shiny relaxed umbreon, and finally shiny modest vaporeon! I also hatched a semi perfect female shiny buneary with klutz ability! Theres also the shiny lickitung I chained yesterday one of which will become lickilicky. Forgot to add the shiny gentle natured espeon.

Last edited:

Macklin

Cobalion's Champion
Is there a sure fire way to tell if a shiny is legit? I posted all the info for this shiny I apparently traded for (it was a GTS trade) but still can't believe it.

Dangertrout

Is there a sure fire way to tell if a shiny is legit? I posted all the info for this shiny I apparently traded for (it was a GTS trade) but still can't believe it.

I've traded shinies for nothing in the past. Some of us are crazy that way, because we have duplicates we don't need.

Macklin

Cobalion's Champion
Well I have checked with a couple of people and they all agree he's legit so I got a shiny Rapidash! Thanks to trading away an Ekans. Wow my current MM hunt is going so well it is producing shinies of other breeds. :p