• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Oh. My. God. I finally got it!!!

After god knows how many thousands of SRs, I finally got my shiny Volcarona! :')

I'd like to thank you guys, my friends and family (literally my family, my mom has been a huge lifesaver when I get impatient xD ), and of course my trusty rubber band that I strapped behind my DS. x)

But finally, pics!

[img139]http://imageshack.us/a/img9/7310/shinyvolcarona.jpg[/img139]

Oh, and did I mention that it has a beneficial nature! :D

[img139]http://imageshack.us/a/img580/2748/shinyvolcaronastats.jpg[/img139]

God this is amazing, thanks for all the support you guys! Now off to recover from all of that SRing and eventually get to SRing for a shiny Kyurem! :D
Congrats! See I told you not to give up! On the day I finally got my Mareep after 16,108 RE's and a month and seven days of hunting I didn't even feel like REing. But I said to myself "go on, just do your 500 RE's for the day(was on holidays) and then you can SR Virizion. And boom, 3 encounters later shiny Mareep! Anyway, I've changed my hunting pattern slightly: I'll be going for Tepig on Monday and Tuesday's, Squirtle on Wednesday and Thursday and Eevee on Friday and Saturday. Sunday's for my Emerald and progressing for the BF. I'm on 12,102 RE's for Eevee, 4,362 SR's for Squirtle and 513 SR's for Tepig. Today is the 28th which means that it's my 17th birthday in a month, and it's also been exactly two months since my last shiny, Abra. I'll be SRing Tepig for the rest of the day and aiming for 1,000 SR's. It probably won't shine that quickly,but I have a great track record of fast SR shinies *cough* 100 SR Cyndaquill, 426 SR Totodile, 280 SR Abra, 500 SR Chikorita *cough* so who knows? . Anyway, congrats on all the new shinies, especially that lovely Virizion, and good luck guys!
~RaichuArcanine~

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
Congrats to Blue Shuckle on Latias and Frost Mage on Volcarona, glad you kept at it. Plus everyone else who's gotten a shiny as of late (too exhausted to list everyone :S).

2100 SR's for Sandshrew at the game corner, not able to do too many resets during the week due to work. I'll most likely get another 50 or so in tonight, any progress is better than nothing at all. Once this hunt's done I'll probably go back to Squirtle before resuming my hunt for Kabuto.

Oh and I was wondering, has anyone ever had other people ask them to trade their shinies? If so how many times have you encountered this and how does it make you feel? I've had this happen once and had to tell the person twice before it got through, as well as add a warning to my signature. I also felt rather annoyed after the second time as it seemed like they had ignored what I said the first time.

I'll give a huge contrats later, but, Frost Mage deserves one right here! Nice shiny man! :)

As for me, i got another.
I'll not upload it yet, cause i just uploaded my last video.
So, i'll just post some photos, and later the video.

So, community hunt complete x2!

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Congrats on all the recent shinies :D

I thought I should post an update on my own hunt. Since I'm starting to have more time now that school is over with and I'm putting some new plans in place with some other people, including a new someone, I have more time to hunt. I still want a shiny snivy, and I figured why stop at snivy. I'm planning to try an MMing of the new Unova dex. I will be going in dex order and using an everstone for a beneficial nature for all of the hunts. I will be hunting some on W and some on W2. I hope to finish W2 and get going on MMing there since everstones always pass down nature on B2W2.

I'm up to roughly 50 eggs hatched with an adamant everstone on W for snivy right now.

mia100

Hey everyone, I finally got my Staryu after around 4000 eggs but it was followed by 2 Cyndaquils in 1000 eggs and a RE encounter Psyduck and Piloswine all within a month. So yeah hang on in there everyone. I had a dry spell of well over a year looking for Staryu so am feeling well chuffed now.
Am now starting my hunt for Lapras and my ever lasting Shiny Ditto hunt!
Good Luck every one!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Congrats on all the lovely new shinies guys. That shiny Volcarona looks awesome, Frost Mage.

I'm still hunting away for my next shiny, which I believe will be the 200th shiny that I've caught. So hopefully it'll be one that I don't already have - shiny Tornadus would be nice. ^.^

I'm at about 4060 SR for shiny Tornadus, and 12,770 encounters for my 3rd Ruby Badge Quest shiny.

Good luck everyone.

Yeah, hacking is not my thing. I wonder if there will ever be a way to legitimately get a shiny of those two. It kinda baffles me why they would put on a shiny lock. Is there an actual reason for it?

To annoy everybody... I did 27,000 soft resets for shiny Reshiram in my Japanese Black before it was discovered that it had a shiny-lock on it. ;__;

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Congrats on all the lovely new shinies guys. That shiny Volcarona looks awesome, Frost Mage.

I'm still hunting away for my next shiny, which I believe will be the 200th shiny that I've caught. So hopefully it'll be one that I don't already have - shiny Tornadus would be nice. ^.^

I'm at about 4060 SR for shiny Tornadus, and 12,770 encounters for my 3rd Ruby Badge Quest shiny.

Good luck everyone.

To annoy everybody... I did 27,000 soft resets for shiny Reshiram in my Japanese Black before it was discovered that it had a shiny-lock on it. ;__;
Ouch. I remember reading that. I'm about to do more SR's for Tepig while watching my brother play Red Dead Redemption. Best thing about my exams is that if I don't have one I don't have to go, so I'll be hunting in between study.
~RaichuArcanine~

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Edit: does soft reset mean saving before you battle a legendary and reloading that save until you get a pokemon who is different in color only?

Yes, that's what SR means. Since the shiny chances of SR are raw (i.e., 1/8192), you often have to SR thousands and thousands of times before you get your shiny. This can take days or months to do.

Congrats to Frost Mage on the Volcarona, 2rsa on Virizion, and Blue Shuckle on Latias!

Cyberra

pain in the ***

I'm very glad I found out about the shiny lock BEFORE I got to Reshiram in White 2, or this would've been me. I like the look of the gold banding on the shiny Reshiram and would have SRed the snot out of my DS trying to get it.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Congrats on recent shinies.

I haven't been working much on my BQ's as I've returned to my year long off/on MM hunt for Mawile in SS. Damn thing just refuses to shine lol. Think I'll do 60 or so more eggs today then go back to the Sapphire BQ.

Good luck on all hunts.

crashandcortex

Crash'm, Bash'm
Huge congrats to anybody who's obtained a shiny recently, but particular mention goes out to Frost Mage (who I believe goes by the name of ShinyTrainerRai on SHU) on the absolutely stunning shiny Volcarona! I know damn well how vehemently you have hunted for this beautiful shiny, and how unbelievably dedicated you've been to press on with the hunt irregardless of any and all of the offsets you may have faced over the course of it, particularly the absolutely absurd amount of SRs you did! So to see you not merely obtain the shiny at long fricking last, but have it blessed with a stunning nature in tow just makes that gorgeous sulphuric moth worth every second you've spent on it! Can't congratulate you enough!

So since I said I'd pretty much be dedicating my life to revising for my A Level examinations, you may be wondering what on earth I'm doing posting a hunting update when the most significant life defining exams of my life ensue in less than a week. Well, as chance may have had it, my revision schedule has actually unexpectedly allowed me a very sizable chunk of time within which I can continue SRing for Piplup, as even with revision and exam practice factored in I can easily manage over 12 hours of SRing per day! That being said I haven't really accomplished much in said time though, as I've reached just under 7000 Piplup SRs with no sign of a shiny in clear sight right now, which I honestly don't mind too much providing it doesn't go too far over the odds and really annoy me! Hoping it shines pretty soon though in all honesty, as much time as I'll have over the summer holidays to settle the score and hunt for as many things as I dang like, it'd be bloody amazing if I was able to complete Piplup before my summer began and I'd be able to dedicate a lot of my time to the quicker SR hunts I have planned along the way! I will really prioritise exam revision starting tomorrow pretty much, but it'd just be something nice to be able to celebrate, y'know? In any case, wishing you all the best of luck in any endeavours shiny related or not, and I'll be seeing you all soon!

Blue Shuckle

Event collecter
Huge congrats to anybody who's obtained a shiny recently, but particular mention goes out to Frost Mage (who I believe goes by the name of ShinyTrainerRai on SHU) on the absolutely stunning shiny Volcarona! I know damn well how vehemently you have hunted for this beautiful shiny, and how unbelievably dedicated you've been to press on with the hunt irregardless of any and all of the offsets you may have faced over the course of it, particularly the absolutely absurd amount of SRs you did! So to see you not merely obtain the shiny at long fricking last, but have it blessed with a stunning nature in tow just makes that gorgeous sulphuric moth worth every second you've spent on it! Can't congratulate you enough!

So since I said I'd pretty much be dedicating my life to revising for my A Level examinations, you may be wondering what on earth I'm doing posting a hunting update when the most significant life defining exams of my life ensue in less than a week. Well, as chance may have had it, my revision schedule has actually unexpectedly allowed me a very sizable chunk of time within which I can continue SRing for Piplup, as even with revision and exam practice factored in I can easily manage over 12 hours of SRing per day! That being said I haven't really accomplished much in said time though, as I've reached just under 7000 Piplup SRs with no sign of a shiny in clear sight right now, which I honestly don't mind too much providing it doesn't go too far over the odds and really annoy me! Hoping it shines pretty soon though in all honesty, as much time as I'll have over the summer holidays to settle the score and hunt for as many things as I dang like, it'd be bloody amazing if I was able to complete Piplup before my summer began and I'd be able to dedicate a lot of my time to the quicker SR hunts I have planned along the way! I will really prioritise exam revision starting tomorrow pretty much, but it'd just be something nice to be able to celebrate, y'know? In any case, wishing you all the best of luck in any endeavours shiny related or not, and I'll be seeing you all soon!

Well I hope your piplup shine's soon :D

NightHaze12

Frost Mage! U finally got ur Volcarona xDDD Im so happy for u! lol it seems like a shiny only appears when ur prepared to fling ur game ^_^

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I've decided to hunt for shiny Wingull through MMs in W2(really gettting into MMs since Ducklett). I'm now at 405 MMs for Wingull, so I don't really expect it to shine soon. I've been doing other hunts off and on, unfortunetly they are both SRs(SRs really make me crazy >: ( ). I've also restarted platinum and I'm close to being past the E4, so I can try my hand at chaining. Congrats to all recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts. :D

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~

Thanks a bunch! And no, I am not that person, I'm not even sure what SHU is. x)

And thank you to everyone for their kind words, it really means a lot after such a long shiny hunt!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to Blue Shuckle on Latias, Frost Mage on Volcarona, JohnNiles on Ryhorn, 201238 on Wingull, and mia100 on all them shinies!

Finally! Shiny Staryu after 2092 eggs! Community hunt complete x9!

So happy this finally hatched and I was even happier when it got the right ability (Natural Cure)! I'm soo burnt out on MMing right now, so my next 3 hunts on Black 2 will be the remaining legendaires I have left which are Azelf, Uxie, and Latios. But for now I'll be taking a short break from hunting to Ev train my last few shinies. 12 shinies this month just like last month, not bad at all.

Good luck guys!

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Congratz to Blue Shuckle on Latias, Frost Mage on Volcarona, JohnNiles on Ryhorn, 201238 on Wingull, and mia100 on all them shinies!

Finally! Shiny Staryu after 2092 eggs! Community hunt complete x9!

So happy this finally hatched and I was even happier when it got the right ability (Natural Cure)! I'm soo burnt out on MMing right now, so my next 3 hunts on Black 2 will be the remaining legendaires I have left which are Azelf, Uxie, and Latios. But for now I'll be taking a short break from hunting to Ev train my last few shinies. 12 shinies this month just like last month, not bad at all.

Good luck guys!

Congrats on this one ! Happy it hatched before the end of the month ! 12 shinies ? That's insane !
Azelf is a great shiny, I think you should start with it !
Good luck to everyone !