• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
Congrats to Frost Mage! I was crossing my fingers for you. Shiny Volcarona is awesome! I think I might go for it, too.

To annoy everybody... I did 27,000 soft resets for shiny Reshiram in my Japanese Black before it was discovered that it had a shiny-lock on it. ;__;

Oh my god. D: Dude. My heart goes out to you for that, lmao. I wish I had an extra shiny to give you just for having to go through that q q

Laurelai

Grats to all the shinies that came before me :D I got number 4 for this month (which is a record for me!)- its not in the CH, but its one I was MMing for. Unfortunately she doesn't have her dream world ability which is disappointing. I guess I'll just keep her little and try for another.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Congrats frost mage, mia100, 201238, JohnNiles, COD, laurelai, and to myself xD

Finally after 13 days of hunting, my 5th May shiny appeared(New Record)! and its the exact shiny i wanted!

this hunt was really fun I'm just glad I don't have to keep looking for this shiny its one awesome shiny
one of my favorites especially in its prehistoric form of mamoswine. Tbh i rarely see people hunt this awesome
shiny some may have randomly been found while hunting in the Giant Chasm. The nature was naive and its
characteristic was good perserverence

Last edited:

maldoror

Congrats to all above on their shinies! Another 2181 random encounters after Ditto in the Giant Chasm were spent looking for Metang. Instead this fellow popped up:

Caught it in a heal ball, which I thought went well with its coloration. Well, time to train this one up and head back for Metang (now with the possibility of three duplicates: Ditto, Clefairy and Lunatone).

ohjeezitskim

Well, I started hunting for something different since I've been getting bored much recently and today was a down day since I've went to the ER for the first time in 20 years... (Turning 21 in three months!) I had excruciating pain in my stomach area, so bad it brought me to tears and no matter what I did, it wouldn't stop! So after a doctors appointment and setting up an ultrasound to check on my gallbladder I HUNTED! And got a good result!

I haven't shiny hunted much (besides SRing about 500 last Monday-Wednesday) so I went to route 9, late at night two days ago and continued only an hour ago today and after 476 encounters overall, and 223rd of the day;

shinyduosionencounter.jpg
Caught him in a premier ball on a critical capture!

He has bad IVs -05/11/01/24/05/18! And an eh nature of Relaxed. Was hunted for Pawniard with magnet pull so I'm unsure if I should continue for him tomorrow or go back to my hunt for Metang in the Chasm since I left it at 3k encounters!

Sorry if everything seems a bit jumbled, I'm still in a bit of pain and haven't been able to think straight!

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Woah, sorry to hear that ohjeezitskim, but wow, congratulations! And that sucks about it having bad IVs, but if it makes you feel any better, the shiny Volcarona that I hunted for months (and that I got yesterday, yay :D ) has 05/16/03/04/18/13 D: But hey, it has a beneficial nature, and I honestly don't care about IVs if it's a Pokemon like that that was either extremely hard to get to shine, or one that has been on my Pokemon adventure for the long drive. :)

Blue Shuckle

Event collecter
Everyone seems to be hunting for this shiny metang fellow, why don't I? The hunt is now on!

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Aye, I think I will too. I have an RNG'd Metagross I got from a trade, but a non-RNG'd one caught by myself would mean so much more. :D

Blue Shuckle

Event collecter
New community hunt Metagross family! Haha, that would actually be pretty cool

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Yay! We should set up some rules. Chaining or Masuda Method or RE? :)

Blue Shuckle

Event collecter
I'm not sure you can chain him? But either way I thi k a random encounter one would be challenging yet equally fun!

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
You can, only problem is that Metang is a swarm and is in a desert area that makes it hard to see patches. D:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
On relation to the recent Shiny Metang Family Craze, my brother got a Shiny Beldum via Pokeradar a few days ago!

Then, he gave the DS to me to find another one, which we did in about 3 Super Repels. It only knew Take-Down, which has 20 P-P right? Well, after 15 Take Down's it used Struggle and Fainted itself and broke the Chain. Please can someone tell me what the Hell happened?

Good Luck on Everyone's Hunts and Congratulations on all the Recent Shinies!

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Congrats to: 201238 on Wingull, mia100 on Staryu and the two Cyndaquill's, City of Delusion on Staryu, Laurelai on Vulpix, cocoadragon on Swinub, maldordor on Clefairy and ohjeezitskim on Duosion! It's Wednesday now, so I'm back hunting for Squirtle. I'm on 4,381 SR's and I had this really realistic dream two nights ago that I got it, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. Also, on my White BQ i decided to hunt in Route 2 for my first shiny. I'd love any shiny here, even Purrloin as it's quite a beautiful shiny. I really like Patrat and Watchog's shiny forms as well, as well as Lillipup and Herdier's(not Stoutland XD). I got up to 204 RE's last night. Oh and I just realized that I'v been hunting Eevee since January 27th when I got Mareep. So I've been hunting it for four months now! Hopefully it'll shine soon. Anyway, good luck guys!
~RaichuArcanine~

Last edited:

Bramble

I've been reading every single post since last time I updated, and am amazed at all the shinies you all have found. Congrats on every single one of them!

As for my hunts, I reached 2500 REs in my White 2 for Giant Chasm. I wanted a change of scenery, so just REing in Floccessy Ranch without counting the encounters for a little bit. Of course it's raining, so encounters will go a little slower than usual. My white 2 file now has 11.5k encounters recorded on the trainer card, possibly about 15k if you include double grass, without a shiny. Still going to hunt on it, as I have to find that file's first shiny soon! Good luck on all your hunts! ^^

maldoror

But either way I thi k a random encounter one would be challenging yet equally fun!

I'll be honest, I plan on using my masterball if one appears. I have been saving it for a shiny and the thought of watching Metang (with its legendary level catch rate) struggle itself to fainting is something I would rather not deal with.

I just realized that Clefairy now makes 7 shinies for the last month (Magnemite, Throh, Petlil, Phione, Drifblim, Ditto and Clefairy). This is the first month I have put a real effort into hunting outside MMing and I have doubled my total non-gift, non-trade shinies from the prior 6 years of playing (MMd Porygon and Scyther, REd Lairon, Nuzleaf, Skorupi, Fearow and Golbat).

Master Leo

The Dark Side
On relation to the recent Shiny Metang Family Craze, my brother got a Shiny Beldum via Pokeradar a few days ago!

Then, he gave the DS to me to find another one, which we did in about 3 Super Repels. It only knew Take-Down, which has 20 P-P right? Well, after 15 Take Down's it used Struggle and Fainted itself and broke the Chain. Please can someone tell me what the Hell happened?

Good Luck on Everyone's Hunts and Congratulations on all the Recent Shinies!

The chain shouldn't have broke since the pokemon fainted. I've had a Beldum kill itself in a chain but the chain continued.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
The chain shouldn't have broke since the pokemon fainted. I've had a Beldum kill itself in a chain but the chain continued.

two things:
1. Were you on the edge of the grass?
2. Are you sure it continued the chain?

In both of the situations the chain can appear to keep going but break. Most of the time if you have no patches shake, it will tell you, but I've had quite a few times where it hasn't. I've also had times where say a chatot chain broke with a chatot encounter just because of some weird mechanic of some sort like not having patches around you or something.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~