• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Everyone seems to be hunting for this shiny metang fellow, why don't I? The hunt is now on!

ummm, what? Can someone explain please?

anyway

900 Oshawott eggs in total, still no shiny, but I should reach 1024 before the end of this month, let's see if I will get one before that number or not XD

After that, if almost all/all the things for the next CH are the ones I already have, then I'll just either try chaining again, or SR for a Shiny Legend. I still have Cresselia, Regigigas, Cobalion, Mesprit, and Uxie ready to be SR-ed on my B2......I think I'll go for Cobalion first, to complete my Muskedeer Trio.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I have a shiny Chandelure, but I already have a much better, higher-leveled chandelure.
If anyone wants this, PM me with your Friend Code and I will reply with mine.
Offer is now closed.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm hoping to find a shiny Unown while running around the Solaceon Ruins in Platinum. I'm not holding my breath, though

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys now that I got my swinub out the way I'm back to MMing right now I'm
going for chinchou already hatched 125 eggs and as for my mareep hunt now @
5100 REs since I got rattata I wonder if I can get 1 more shiny before June probably
not but I'll try my best I have alot of hunts planned ahead lets hope I can complete them
all good luck everyone and congrats on your recent shinies!!

congrats to TheMaster327 for Uxie and cocoadragon for swinub, also to CoD for Staryu (one of my fav shinies), and 2rsa for virizion!

well done guys!
as for me.. i got into the 15000+ SR's for my secret target..
and, along with that, i reached 10k+ starters after that ''5 SR cyndaquil''.. so i guess that's ''fair.

also, can't wait for CH!

good luck to everyone! :)

Hey guys, new to Seribii, shiny hunter for two years now. Man, I feel awkward, I'm always bad at intro posts. But I began to shiny hunt two years ago when I found my shiny Hoothoot, Goldey, now a Noctowl. I think I'll enjoy talking with you guys about shiny Pokemon, none of my RL friends don't shiny hunt.

Blue Shuckle

Event collecter
ummm, what? Can someone explain please?

Well, alot of people it looked like to me are going for metang/metagross shiny, so I jokingly suggested a friendly community hunt. And thats about it :)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well, alot of people it looked like to me are going for metang/metagross shiny, so I jokingly suggested a friendly community hunt. And thats about it :)

I see. I can't join though, I already have one :p

Are you sure? The text in Gen III says "increases encounter rate" for Illuminate, and Bulbapedia says that it has an overworld effect in Gen III.

oops

yeah, except Illuminate, Illuminate has that effect in R/S/FR/LG because that is its only effect.

Blue Shuckle

Event collecter
I see. I can't join though, I already have one :p

oops

yeah, except Illuminate, Illuminate has that effect in R/S/FR/LG because that is its only effect.
You could join! I just wouldn't see the purpose lol. I mean its still fun to compete with others trying to achieve basically the same task.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
227 encounters after Clefairy, one of the few non-Metang pokemon in the Chasm I do not already have appears:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0314_zps88335db1.jpg
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0316_zpsb23c0553.jpg

That leaves Solrock and Metang. I have a feeling a duplicate is coming my way...

Grats bro , it sounds like you have alot of luck in the chasm.
im about 730+ eggs into my masuda hunt for a shiny caterpie :(

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats to ElectricBassClef x2, Jessara, City Of Delusion x2, Storm_Dragoon, Laurelai x2, maldoror x3, Zane Clarthy, TheEliteEmpoleon, HGaddict, Papousse, varanus_komodoensis, 2rsa, 201238 x2, Blue Shuckle, Frost Mage, cocoadragon, ohjeezitskim, TheMaster327, and anyone else who got a shiny that I may have missed since my last post.

I’m still on my hunt for a shiny Aron and along the way my party and I caught Pokerus which, apparently while benefiting pokemon EVs, makes humans sick (I’m joking of course. But I did get Pokerus on the same day I started getting a cold...) and exactly a week later and after over at least 1000 random encounters (I’ve been hunting on some of my other games between then and now) since the last one, I ran into another shiny! A second shiny Boldore, a male this time. I’m still not going to leave Mistralton Cave in White 2 until I get a shiny Aron. There are a few crazy coincidences between Boldore #1 and Boldore #2: First both appeared on a Wednesday at a week apart from each other, both have an Attack reducing nature, both have a flawless Attack IV and both have the same IVs in Sp.Defense and Speed. OT/ID Summery Video

Good luck to all on your shiny hunts!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to JohnNiles on Rhyhorn, 201238, mia100 on Staryu and 2 Cyndaquils and Psyduck and Piloswine, City Of Delusion on Staryu, Laurelai on Vulpix, cocoadragon on Swinub, maldoror on Clefairy, ohjeezitskim on Duosion, TheMaster327 on Uxie, maldoror on Piloswine, and Ampharos_Spark on Boldore!

Didn't hunt the past few days, but today I did 200 REs on just Black 2, mainly just to bring it to the same number of REs as my Platinum hunt. So now both hunts are 1,600 REs in...

Hopefully I'll hunt tomorrow :x Good luck everyone!

Shiny Lord

750 eggs hatched so far with shiny charm in search of another shiny eevee. I hope it shines soon. I'm interested to see what nature it will be. I already have shiny Flareon. Congras to everyone who recently got a shiny!

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Congrats Ampharos! And keep up the good work Shiny Lord, I know that it will pay off!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS, BLUE SHUCKLE!!! I knew you could do it!! And that picture isn't working for some reason, so try uploading it to an image hosting site so I can see your prize! :D

Last edited:

Blue Shuckle

Event collecter
OH MY GOSH!!! After finding my shiny latias not even a week ago I find this beautiful baby! A shiny shuckle!!!!! No shiny charm or anything!!!! I feel like the luckiest person in the world!!!

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
In case you missed my edit :) :

HOLY CRAP, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS, BLUE SHUCKLE!!! I knew you could do it!! And that picture isn't working for some reason, so try uploading it to an image hosting site so I can see your prize! :D

Blue Shuckle

Event collecter
The link was not working so I just put it in my signature. So happy!!!!