• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Crimson_Blazer

227 encounters after Clefairy, one of the few non-Metang pokemon in the Chasm I do not already have appears:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0314_zps88335db1.jpg
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0316_zpsb23c0553.jpg

That leaves Solrock and Metang. I have a feeling a duplicate is coming my way...
You might want to use magnet pull instead of illuminate if you are hunting specifically for metang. Also, its been over a month since m last shiny and i am at 9,102 encounters. Looks like that luck i had during the bug CH has run out. I seem to have alot of hunts go over the odds :(

Last edited:

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~

Scrufox86

Ok Firstly congratulations to... HGaddict on Geodude, Papousse on Skitty X 3, Dangertrout on Petilil, cocoadragon on swinub, pxm1 on oshawott, varanus_komodoensis on carvanha, 2rsa on Virizion, 201238 on Electrike, electricBassClef on Eevee, Blue Shuckle on Latias, Frost Mage on Volcarona, JohnNiles on Rhyhorn, City Of Delusion on Staryu, Laurelai on Vulpix, maldoror on clefairy, ohjeezitskim on Duosion, Themaster327 on Uxie, maldoror on piloswine, Blue Shuckle on shuckle! As well as any others I may have missed.

Secondly I have shiny news! Ok so I decided to split my shiny hunting on black 2 up a little as I was unsure what to go for. I chose 4 different pokemon of grass/water type so they count for the CH. Well anyway I am hatching my last chosen pokemon, Feebas from box 1 when I hatch a shiny.... Shroomish! I was collecting 4 eggs from the box and then getting a 5th egg from the daycare man and I left shroomish in from when I was hatching the shroomish boxes. So Community Hunt Complete! X4 Although as I hadn't planned in advance for the shroomish it has lax nature but I wasn't intending on using it for competitive use. I may level it up to be my capturing pokemon. And I am pleased I finally have it because I have tried many times before on black and white for a shiny shroomish and never had luck.

Thirdly good luck to everyone still hunting! Those still trying for CH I hope your shiny comes along before the end of the month!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I am assuming that, since the letter of an Unown is no longer generated by IVs like they were in Gen II, that any Unown can be shiny in Gen V, and not just specific letters.

I am certainly hoping that's the case, since the floor of the Solaceon Ruins I'm hunting on only spawns the F form, and if the F can't be shiny then I just wasted four hours.

TheMaster327

I am assuming that, since the letter of an Unown is no longer generated by IVs like they were in Gen II, that any Unown can be shiny in Gen V, and not just specific letters.

I am certainly hoping that's the case, since the floor of the Solaceon Ruins I'm hunting on only spawns the F form, and if the F can't be shiny then I just wasted four hours.

That's true. I got a shiny Unown J when hunting all the Unown in Solaceon Ruins about a month or two ago... Previous gens only had I and V as possible shinies...

Starting Mesprit SRs tonight...

Cyberra

pain in the ***
That's true. I got a shiny Unown J when hunting all the Unown in Solaceon Ruins about a month or two ago... Previous gens only had I and V as possible shinies...

Starting Mesprit SRs tonight...

*huge sigh of relief* Good to know.

I keep running into more and more Unown that I can't escape from, even though their ability is Levitate, not Shadow Tag or Arena Trap. So what the heck...?

maldoror

You might want to use magnet pull instead of illuminate if you are hunting specifically for metang. Also, its been over a month since m last shiny and i am at 9,102 encounters. Looks like that luck i had during the bug CH has run out. I seem to have alot of hunts go over the odds :(

I have a fainted magnet pull Magnemite as my lead. Watchog is there for hypnosis and super fang. They are followed by a flame body Volcarona and three eggs of whatever I am currently MMing (I just switched to Charmander).

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Big congratz to 201238 on Electrike, electricBassClef on Eevee, Blue Shuckle on Latias, Frost Mage on Volcarona, JohnNiles on Rhyhorn, City Of Delusion on Staryu, Laurelai on Vulpix, maldoror on clefairy, ohjeezitskim on Duosion, Themaster327 on Uxie, maldoror on piloswine, Blue Shuckle on shuckle, Scrufox86 on Shroomish and others I may have missed. ^-^

I've started hatching Deino eggs. They take forever to hatch but shiny Hydreigon is one of my dream shinies so won't give up. So far I'm around 60 eggs.
Good luck everyone! ^-^

Blue Shuckle

Event collecter
Big congratz to 201238 on Electrike, electricBassClef on Eevee, Blue Shuckle on Latias, Frost Mage on Volcarona, JohnNiles on Rhyhorn, City Of Delusion on Staryu, Laurelai on Vulpix, maldoror on clefairy, ohjeezitskim on Duosion, Themaster327 on Uxie, maldoror on piloswine, Blue Shuckle on shuckle, Scrufox86 on Shroomish and others I may have missed. ^-^

I've started hatching Deino eggs. They take forever to hatch but shiny Hydreigon is one of my dream shinies so won't give up. So far I'm around 60 eggs.
Good luck everyone! ^-^
Yeah, I remember trying to MM my deino. Those egss are a pain in the buns. Good luck to you :)

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Blue Shuckle on Shuckle, and Scrufox86 on Shroomish!

So I was thinking about two hours ago how it's nearly the end of the month and how I've gotten at least one shiny. And then while I was hunting, I was thinking about how on either of the games I'm hunting on, I could easily end up getting my first duplicate shiny. And yesterday I had gotten my Black 2 REs to match my Platinum ones for a bit of a race...

Well, I was starting up again after a quick break after hitting 50 REs, and 3 REs in on Black 2, I found a Shiny Koffing. I didn't see it at first because I was adjusting the position of the XL slightly and wasn't looking at the screen. Then when I was starting to look at Platinum to see what had appeared, I heard the sparkles on Black 2. So yup, another Koffing! 1,653 REs since my last Koffing. This one again is female, level 10, Sassy nature (first one was Lax), somewhat of a clown. I think I'll evolve this one into Weezing eventually, since her IVs seem slightly better, and I was thinking maybe the nature is better? Not that it matters since I won't really be using it, but...

Would really like that Growlithe, and at this point, another shiny Koffing is last on the list of what I want to get from this area, since it'd be more useful to get new shinies, and seeing as a third shiny Koffing won't even get me a new shiny evolution...

Still glad to have gotten another shiny, even though it's another Koffing since Weezing will still be a new shiny. I guess that puts me at a whopping 2 shinies this month :p But not bad considering how few REs I did.

Good luck everyone!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Between hunting the alphabet and now shiny-hunting, I'm at around 300 REs in the Solaceon Ruins, roughly. Really hoping something shines soon.

Though, knowing what my luck is like, I am in for a long grind on this hunt. Still, keeping my fingers crossed. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Good luck Cyberra, happy shiny hunting!

TheMaster327

Thanks for the congrats everyone! Congrats to all who got a shiny recently!

Shiny Mesprit is underway... 250 SRs done tonight...

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
And my record doesn't stop at 5!? o_O

Shiny Chinchou!!!!!!!!! 160 eggs exactly!

this month has been insane for me @ 6 shinies claimed this month setting my record this year
this chinchou appeared incredibly quickly I don't even understand ...1 and a half day of hunting
I keep forgetting to take the everstone off my ditto so it has a hardy nature which is great imo
right now I'm hunting for ducklett @ 75 eggs and my mareep hunt is @ 6000 REs good luck
everyone

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Whoa, congrats, cocoadragon! How lucky! :D

ohjeezitskim

I continued my hunt for the "blue robot," Pawniard (my boyfriend thinks it's a robot xD)
I was trying to get him live and decided to hunt off camera for 30 minutes while I watched some
YouTube videos. My mom comes in, asks how I'm feeling. I look down SEE THE BLUE and THE SPARKLES.
Dammit xD I missed it come across screen and I wasn't recording!

Anywho, it took 2,060 encounters overall and it was 1,584 encounters after Duosion!
Has a calm nature I believe, which is bad because it lowers attack xD but it's okay because the attack IV is horrible too!
So, meh xD IVS 9-3-8-26-21-13

PawniardEncounter.jpg

Blue Shuckle

Event collecter
I continued my hunt for the "blue robot," Pawniard (my boyfriend thinks it's a robot xD)
I was trying to get him live and decided to hunt off camera for 30 minutes while I watched some
YouTube videos. My mom comes in, asks how I'm feeling. I look down SEE THE BLUE and THE SPARKLES.
Dammit xD I missed it come across screen and I wasn't recording!

Anywho, it took 2,060 encounters overall and it was 1,584 encounters after Duosion!
Has a calm nature I believe, which is bad because it lowers attack xD but it's okay because the attack IV is horrible too!
So, meh xD IVS 9-3-8-26-21-13

View attachment 9376
I love that little blue robot! Hahaha he actually looks pretty awesome I might hunt him :) I only have wearyness towards his 4x weakness to fighting :(

Markasdarkas

Shiny Hunter!
Hiya everyone. First off I want to say congrats to 201238, Mia, City of Delusion, Laureai, Maldordor, Ohjeezitskim, The Master, Ampharas, BlueShuckle, Serufox, a big congrats to Coco on the lucky streak as well as anyone I missed.

As for me AT LAST!!!!!Community Hunt Complete I got my shiny Lapras. After a few thousand eggs hatched it appeared. I missed last months community hunt and almost this one hunting this Lapras. I am so happy to finally have it :D Keep up the great work everyone, I am cheering for you all. Until next time.

VictorC

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm now up in the vicinity of 800 REs for Unown in Platinum's Solaceon Ruins (I've been playing all afternoon and part of the evening, and I'll be playing for about another seven hours from now). I moved out of the main hall into one of the small side chambers, so the shininess is open to 20 of the 26 letters (the other 6 only spawn in certain main halls). I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear the sparkly sound soon, but I'm fully expecting to be at this for the next week.

I'm averaging about two encounters a minute, or roughly 100 per hour. Seeing a lot of Unown but nothing's sparkling yet.

Last edited: