• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Nice, Cyberra!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Nice, Cyberra!

Might wanna try editing your post more so the thread doesn't become too spammy.

Well, blanket congratz on all the recent shinies everyone! I have EV trained most of my shinies, Clamperl is the only one left but I'll probably get to that later. I'll start SRing for Azelf tomorrow and I'm thinking about putting my route 25 hunt on hold since I'm not really all that into it. I'm interested to see the 10 Pokemon for the CH competition, hopefully some good ones are in there.

Good luck guys, and gratz again!

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Hey everyone!

First off, congrats to everyone that's recently gotten a shiny. I haven't checked in for a week or so, so I'll just send out a big congrats to all and hope I don't leave anyone out...

No shiny news for me yet - I'm 800 eggs into my Aron hunt and nothing to show for it. The worst part about hatching Aron's is the amount of steps it takes. It's terrible.

Good luck to everyone, hopefully I have some good news soon?

P.S. - as City has said, let's try and keep the replies to one a day (is that still right, Master?). Edit your posts and congratulate people/post images so we don't get shut down!

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
i have a shiny male quagsire if your interested, i only ask for a shiny chimchar or best offer send friend code

Try this sub-forum and you'll have better luck. Also you could put any offers you have in your signature and people will PM you.

TheMaster327

Hey everyone!

First off, congrats to everyone that's recently gotten a shiny. I haven't checked in for a week or so, so I'll just send out a big congrats to all and hope I don't leave anyone out...

No shiny news for me yet - I'm 800 eggs into my Aron hunt and nothing to show for it. The worst part about hatching Aron's is the amount of steps it takes. It's terrible.

Good luck to everyone, hopefully I have some good news soon?

P.S. - as City has said, let's try and keep the replies to one a day (is that still right, Master?). Edit your posts and congratulate people/post images so we don't get shut down!

Why are you asking me, lol? Dangertrout is the one with the rules for this thread... But yes, one post a page is the norm, unless a major update (i.e. shiny appears, significant progress, etc...) is necessary...

500 Mesprit now...

Hey guys, i had a nice idea for those who make videos of their shinies!
Since it's a contest for this month CH, why don't we put something like [SCHC #1] (Serebii's Community Hunt Contest] and, the #1 would stand for either the number of the pokemon you've got, or, the edition of the contests (considering that will happen more, in the future).
Let me know what you guys think! :)

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
My HeartGold is being stupid. I've been trying to get an 'easy' shiny and also help complete my collection by SRing a Johto starter, but so far no luck. I've been at this for more than a few days now, so hopefully something shines soon and hopefully it's NOT totodile D:<

ohjeezitskim

Oh my god guys..
I literally sat down, put pokemon on the tv, got my camera set up, opened my DS to continue my Metang hunt and like 5 encounters in I got a SHINY METANG, first time AND I got it live. it was also the quickest hunt I've ever had! I stopped the hunt and hunted other shinies, and got two other shinies and after SIXTY-THREE FREAKING ENCOUNTERS I got him. While recording. It still doesn't feel real.

I don't own an action replay and I feel like I cheated to get him because he came so fast. I WAS NOT at all expecting him so fast. And I caught him in only 2 ultra balls after two super fangs, and putting him to sleep. Holy crap. That makes 6 shiny pokemon this month and the last three were all within this week.

He has bad IVs. His best IV being special attack... at 30. The rest are below 15 both defenses being 8, I believe. He has a neutral nature though which isn't bad!
I'll edit in the video later, it's still uploading lol. I did yell at my mom though - So i'm sorry for that xD maybe I shouldn't upload it to YT people will yell at me lol

metangencounter.jpg

Live metang encounter video

Last edited:

maldoror

Oh my god guys..
I literally sat down, put pokemon on the tv, got my camera set up, opened my DS to continue my Metang hunt and like 5 encounters in I got a SHINY METANG, first time AND I got it live. it was also the quickest hunt I've ever had! I stopped the hunt and hunted other shinies, and got two other shinies and after SIXTY-THREE FREAKING ENCOUNTERS I got him. While recording. It still doesn't feel real.

I don't own an action replay and I feel like I cheated to get him because he came so fast. I WAS NOT at all expecting him so fast. And I caught him in only 2 ultra balls after two super fangs, and putting him to sleep. Holy crap. That makes 6 shiny pokemon this month and the last three were all within this week.

He has bad IVs. His best IV being special attack... at 30. The rest are below 15 both defenses being 8, I believe. He has a neutral nature though which isn't bad!
I'll edit in the video later, it's still uploading lol. I did yell at my mom though - So i'm sorry for that xD maybe I shouldn't upload it to YT people will yell at me lol

View attachment 9388

Wow! Congrats! That is one my dream shinies and one I have hunted on many occasions (and am currently hunting). Are you nicknaming it? I already have mine picked out which I hope won't be a jinx.

ohjeezitskim

Wow! Congrats! That is one my dream shinies and one I have hunted on many occasions (and am currently hunting). Are you nicknaming it? I already have mine picked out which I hope won't be a jinx.

I've wanted him for a long time too, just never really hunted him before these passed two months! I paused the hunt at 3318 encounters went and caught other shinies and restarted my encounters but 63 seems way too small xD I want to nickname him but no nicknames have been eye popping to me :/ I have a lot of shinies to nickname too!

Dangertrout

First off: We like discussion and congratulating, but do try to edit your posts if the page hasn't rolled over. (unless you've obtained a new shiny) We generally try to stick to only a couple posts per page.

Next, June's CH; shiny hunting competition!
I doubled the number of pokemon for this because some of the families have evolutions that can't be hunted. I tried to make things as clear as possible, but tbh I'm super out of it with everything that's been going on. If you need clarification on anything, just ask and I'll try to explain better.

June Shiny Hunting Competition:
We will be doing a friendly competition for the month of June.
Twenty pokemon families have been selected at random. (Only one evolution listed, but any of the family counts)
Points will be allocated depending on the type of hunt completed.
The top five hunters will be listed at the end of each week.

Duplicate pokemon will only count if different methods are used to obtain them.
Only one of a pokemon family will count towards a method. (example: If you RE Caterpie AND Metapod without the Shiny Charm, only ONE will count for points.)
The second you use a pokeradar, it counts as a chain. First patch or 40th gets you the same amount of points.

Point Allocation:
RE/SR without Shiny Charm (5)
RE/SR with Shiny Charm (4)
MM without Shiny Charm (3)
MM with Shiny Charm (2)
PokeRadar Chain (1)

The numbers that came up in the random number generator with their corresponding pokemon:

275 Shiftry
576 Gothitelle
629 Vullaby
168 Ariados
258 Mudkip
190 Aipom
638 Cobalion
106 Hitmonlee
421 Cherrim
328 Trapinch
205 Forretress
109 Koffing
319 Sharpedo
42 Golbat
347 Anorith
155 Cyndaquil
9 Blastoise
623 Golurk
281 Kirlia
533 Gurdurr

When you obtain a pokemon for the competition, please make sure to include the following info:

Pokemon Name
Hunting Method
Game Used
With or Without Shiny Charm (if applicable)

Last edited:

Blue Shuckle

Event collecter
I've wanted him for a long time too, just never really hunted him before these passed two months! I paused the hunt at 3318 encounters went and caught other shinies and restarted my encounters but 63 seems way too small xD I want to nickname him but no nicknames have been eye popping to me :/ I have a lot of shinies to nickname too!
Congratulations! Very happy for you :)
Edit: Also I'm very excited for the monthly competition Im hunting them now!!!

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Ahh! I have like 12 out of the 20 on the list, lol. There's still some good options though. I'll probably be going for Pineco, Carvanha and Ralts and maybe Anorith. I've always wanted a shiny Forretress so I'll be REing for Pineco on White via Swarm.

Gratz on the Metang, ohjeezitskim and good luck everyone!

Dangertrout

Ahh! I have like 12 out of the 20 on the list, lol. There's still some good options though. I'll probably be going for Pineco, Carvanha and Ralts and maybe Anorith. I've always wanted a shiny Forretress so I'll be REing for Pineco on White via Swarm.

Gratz on the Metang, ohjeezitskim and good luck everyone!

Well that'll learn you for getting so many shinies in the last couple months :p

I'm going for Seedot for now, MMing with shiny charm

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
So excited for the community hunt this month! I'll be using my Sundays to hatch for Trapinch. Currently I'm double hunting with my White and White 2 games, and I'll be doing that for at least another two hours. Good luck guys, best of luck and lets see some sparkles!
EDIT: Stopped REing in Route 2 and REing for Eevee to begin hatching Trapinch. I have Sahara, the Jolly Male Flygon from my Sandstorm team as the father holding an everstone, now all I need is a foreign female.
EDIT 2: I still have my Arcanine parents in the daycare. I got my female Flygon, however before I start I'll get my Shiny Growlithe! I'm using my favourite method of egg hatching, the hatch 5 SR method. I'm on 2,170 eggs and I will get my golden puppy! Both Arcanine's are level 91 XD.
EDIT 3: Hatched more eggs, total is now 2,175. Anyway, I'm going to back to Eevee now, and I'm postponing all my other hunts until I get it!
~RaichuArcanine~

Last edited:

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
So I check this thread every day but I only post when I have a new shiny usually because of school and such. Well today, I got one and it's the 6th on a badgequest that has been going on for far too long (like three years). After an ungodly amount of soft resets, I finally got my Abra (and it totally sucks, bad nature, bad ability, bad IVS, but whatever, it's still pretty/a shiny's a shiny)

I've already evolved it to a kadabra and I'll make it an Alakazam soon. I think my next hunt will be the electrode in the rocket base. Congrats on everyone's shinys!! :)

Last edited:

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to cocoadragon on Chinchou, ohjeezitskim on Pawniard, Markasdarkas on Lapras, VictorC on Magikarp, Cyberra on Unown, ChaoticInverse on Nidoran, 201238, ohjeezitskim on Metang, and LucarioMan101 on Abra!

Thanks RaichuArcanine!

Heh, of course a Koffing counts for the CH and I get it two days before :p not like I'd be in the list anyways though...Maybe I'll end up with a 3rd Koffing >_> I think saying that pretty much just guaranteed that to happen.

I spent today training Koffing, who is now a Weezing, and also REing. I did 250 REs on each game, though on Black 2 it wasn't at Virbank since I was getting Koffing some EVs. Going to try to get him to Lv. 100. Hopefully that won't take too long :x

Good luck everyone!