• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to everyone with a new shiny. specially to Cyberra and Frost Mage. ^-^
Still no shiny Snivy for me. I might start my game with a normal one to breed for a shiny one with glare later. ._.

DoctorDark

Congrats Cyberra on the roggenrola that hunt was absurd.

I'm currently on 506 RE for a shinny Druddigon. 205 eggs for MM eevee.
I'm contemplating just giving up for now and finishing my Dex to get the shiny charm ;x

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Hi guys, I haven't posted in a while so I figured I'd stop by.

Unfortunately I haven't had any new shinies since the last time I posted. But my hunts are going along fine I'm at 2071 srs for eevee and at 24471 for torchic. Hopefully now that things have settled down more in real life I'll have time to hunt and if not I know I'll be excited by the time x and y rolls out.

I've just been pretty busy with school lately and my friend who's just getting back into pokemon proposed a challenge. We gotten random pokemon chosen and we're going to have weekly battles. I've been trying to breed decent modest mareep (I think I'm going to switch the nature over to timid instead because I keep getting 'meh' special attack stats) but I keep ending up with a 30 IV for speed instead of a 31, nothing I do seems to fix it and I've switched out the parents a few times too. Any suggestions?

Anyways congrats on all the new shinies and good luck to everyone!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Sorry to do a blanket congratulations... but congratulations to all the recent shinies! (Cyberra gets a special mention, of course! :))

I went to GAME this morning to pick up my shiny Dialga, and yesterday I did quite a lot of (unsuccessful) hunting to get me up to 2,801 SRs for Lugia.

Good luck, everyone!

EDIT: Oh my gosh, guys! I've been training for the Mossdeep Gym on Emerald (replaying it :)) on Route 121 and guess what! (Well, I think you can guess what xD). Having been training for a few hours, a random shiny Gloom appears! I'm really excited about this, because not only is it my first ever random shiny, but I never expected to get a shiny on my Emerald cart, as the internal battery is dead, and I haven't come across one up till now. I'll finish editing this post once I've caught it...

Yep, got him in the first Great Ball! Called him Ashitaka, and he has a brave nature. I'll probably evolve him into a Vileplume, but I'll need to borrow my brother's copy of Ruby + a gameboy to be able to get him to my fifth gen games, as my Emerald's in French.

Also, something weird that happened, and I'm not sure if it's a glitch or if I just didn't have any Pokeballs, but it seemed that five of my Pokeballs had turned into Great Balls - as in, I thought I had five, but top of the Pokeball list were 64 Great Balls, and then a separate 5 Great Balls underneath. Dunno if that's normal for third gen, because I keep finding stuff that I forgot existed as they fixed things in newer gens... for example, being able to have a full bag...

Last edited:

Cloystoys

This is not my tea!
I caught a shiny Galvantula the other day, wasn't even looking for shinies :/

TheMaster327

Shiny Terrakion has appeared! (Note it appeared around 10 minutes before I had to leave for work, hence why the post is slightly later than planned...) It shone at a total of 11,242 SRs - 8 short of the amount I was scheduled to do this morning, and 33 short of the total of my shiny Azelf. Pics to follow...

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0028_zps199d48ad.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0029_zps840509f5.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0030_zps2440e5a5.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0031_zps88c3e24e.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0033_zps86fa3217.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0034_zpsc2ff9d38.jpg[/img139]

Sync worked so a Jolly nature (after a long 9 and a half hour wait to find out the nature)!

IV's: 26 / 13, 14 / 7 / 17 / 13 / 22 (decidedly average, but still satisfied!)

Oh, and COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!!!

Last edited:
Hey guys.
Congrats on the recent shiny outbreak featuring the master, roseheart, city of delusion, storm dragon, frost mage and especially Cyberra on her beautiful shiny roggenrola.
Bad news is, Im stilly hunting this freaking feebas. Now at 2730 eggs and becoming increasingly annoyed. To make matters worse Im going back to school in the next few days. How long will this purple fish evade me..... Gl to all XD!

Congrats to TheMaster327 and good luck to Paddys on Feebas.

I am 1000 eggs in on my love. Shiny DW dratini. I need to EV train and transfer some Pokemon to make space. So I will likely return to the hunt in a few days. Hope I get soon my last hunt took me 1700 eggs and I don't want to do that again.

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
Congrats to everyone who got a shiny since your last post! Especially Cyberra (Hopefully that is a sign that all long hunts will end soon? No? Dang it...)

Well I'm back again with no shiny news... Sorry that I haven't had any for you guys lately. Thanks to Cpchris on that conformation that I'm not annoying everyone with my venting and thanks to those who have sent Visitor Messages to help me along. Hopefully one hunt will shine soon. However, I did decide to join in on this CH, so for at least the length of this month, I have put Turtwig on hold and I am SRing for a shiny Tepig. Hopefully I'll be able to complete this CH :3 (As I haven't gotten a shiny let alone a CH target in over 3 months...)

As a side note, I'm hoping tomorrow's Pokemon Direct will reveal some new, exciting X and Y news. Maybe even a new shiny to look at? That'd be pretty cool.

Well good luck on all your hunts!

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Storm_Dragoon, Waffle King, Soulink, Roseheart95, Cloystoys and TheMaster327!

I'm back again today with a quick question!
Is it possible to shiny hunt via random encounter on a dry battery Sapphire cartridge? If so, is there anything special I need to do (leave the game turned on till I find a shiny, reset every few RE etc.) to get it to work or can I RE as normal?
I don't want to waste my time looking for a shiny when it turns out I can't find one or I'm doing it wrong. Dry batteries suck!

I'm planning to eventually hunt for Spinda if possible :3
I wanted to SR Castform but I'm not sure how well that would work with a dry battery, ah well!

Anyways, not much to update, nearly at 9000 RE for my 4th BQ shiny and obviously nothing yet. Crossing all my limbs I'll get Sandile before 10,000... Or someone else I guess XP
Krookodile is one of my favourite Pokémon~

Good luck everyone, and keep hunting ^_^

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Sealotic on Metang, TheRoaringShinies on Swadloon, maldoror on Masquerain (really cool), BackInClack on Oshawott, Storm_Dragoon on Magnemite and Elekid, Lunafloon on Torchic, Waffle King on all those Voltorbs, Roseheart95 on random Gloom, and TheMaster327 on Terrakion!

No new shinies from me yet but I've been feeling really determined lately especially for my Rayquaza hunt which is now two months old! I'm definitely gonna try my hardest to get it before this month ends.

Gratz again and good luck everyone! :]

elorasheppard

Congrats to all the recent shinies (there have been so many!) and special kudos to Cyberra and the Master327 for ending your long hunts at last.

I have got to 500 eggs for my weedle hunt and am slowly REing in route 3 but no luck so far. But that's okay, Im feeling really motivated right now so hopefully something will shine by the end of the month :)

In XY news, Im really excited for the pokemon direct today, only 38 days to go!!

julabard

Is it possible to shiny hunt via random encounter on a dry battery Sapphire cartridge?
My son caught a shiny tentacool on my dry old Sapphite battery. Seemed to randomly appear as it normally should have done. Hope that helps.

Congrats to Storm_Dragoon, Waffle King, Soulink, Roseheart95, Cloystoys and TheMaster327!

I'm back again today with a quick question!
Is it possible to shiny hunt via random encounter on a dry battery Sapphire cartridge? If so, is there anything special I need to do (leave the game turned on till I find a shiny, reset every few RE etc.) to get it to work or can I RE as normal?
I don't want to waste my time looking for a shiny when it turns out I can't find one or I'm doing it wrong. Dry batteries suck!

I'm planning to eventually hunt for Spinda if possible :3
I wanted to SR Castform but I'm not sure how well that would work with a dry battery, ah well!

Anyways, not much to update, nearly at 9000 RE for my 4th BQ shiny and obviously nothing yet. Crossing all my limbs I'll get Sandile before 10,000... Or someone else I guess XP
Krookodile is one of my favourite Pokémon~

Good luck everyone, and keep hunting ^_^

You can definitely hunt regularly (RE) on a dry Ruby/ Sapphire.. just look at all of crashandcortex's shinies :p
Even with SR shinies, you can use the run away method.

Although, it really is very simple to change the internal battery if you are interested in doing so, that way you can continue your starter hunt :)

Sara Hysaro

Hey guys! First off, congratulations to Cyberra (in case you missed my edit), City of Delusion, TheRoaringShinies, Norway, maldoror, BackInClack, Storm_Dragoon (x2!), Waffle King, Roseheart95, Cloystoys, and TheMaster327! Great job. :)

As for me, I am still hunting on Unova's Route 2 for any of the three Pokémon there (hoping for Purrloin, but anything would be cool). I've 6640 RE under my belt, and while that's just a few drops in the bucket it still feels like a lot of Pokémon. Won't hope for it to be under the odds because my last few hunts have all been so and there's a limit to how long that can keep up. Instead I'll hope that it isn't too much over the odds, since these Lillipup will drive me to madness if I have to put up with them for 30,000+ REs. At least all the Pokémon in Wellspring Cave are very different from their normal colors so I'd be less paranoid if that one goes vastly over the odds.

Good luck everybody! Hope you get your intended targets. ^_^

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, congratulations to all shinies recently, particularly TheMaster327 on Terrakion! Hurry up, you only have 19 days to get Virizion and another 19 for Kyurem!

No hunting updates in terms of shinies. I am edging ever closer to 12,000 SRs for Giratina, and in edging closer to surpassing my longest hunt yet! Ironically, my last shiny set that record...

Well, that Pokemon Bank stuff has now set a challenge for me. Catch all Pokemon in three months? Challenge accepted.
Also, we now can use TWO starters to play through XY with...plus Torchic?!? Yes please!

Congrats to everyone getting shinies!
I myself been having a wonderful time getting some amazing ones~
I added to my collection, that being these amazing shinies : Liepard, Minccino on my White 1, and just today I SR'd 2,262 times and got myself a shiny Chikorita on Soul Silver. It's been a good few weeks for me. :)
Beautiful shinies.
Plus my Chikorita can't be better, Bold, female, Strong Willed. I'm quite happy, totally worth it.
I don't keep track normally with my RE's. I just hunt wherever I feel like hunting at the time, it seems to work well with me.
Right now RE's hunting in my White 1, as well as my Soul Silver and hatching Charmander eggs in my White 2. Hope to get something soon. :D
Good luck to everyone and their hunts.

Last edited:

maldoror

After 698 encounters, Yamask shined! Again, this was my target for this hunt and it came very quickly.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0544_zps01627e0d.jpg
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0546_zps23f164f2.jpg
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0547_zps1c93c4b0.jpg
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/Darrell_Gahm/IMG_0549_zpsc93e9eda.jpg

It has 30 IVs in special attack and special defense with a 21 in defense. This beauty will make a wonderful wall.

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck on your current hunts!

EDIT: COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!

Last edited:
Anyone else super pumped to SR for a shiny charmander in X and Y to get that shiny Mega Charizard!?!?!?!? I, myself, cannot withstand the excitement for a black ultra charizard. The only problem is will I be too eager to play out the game, or will I be determined enough to go for it?