• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to RaichuArcanine on Weedle, YNCRN on Koffing, Shadowkrow on Magnemite, Polarix on Drifloon, and Shadowkrow again on Pidove!

OMG! I’m so excited!! After 5,536 SRs and a total of 16,608 starters seen, a Shiny Totodile appeared!

I was in complete shock when I found it. My mouth dropped open! I just seriously couldn’t believe I’d finally found one! And it was the one I was hoping to find first, too! My heart was beating so fast. I didn’t think I’d have any trouble noticing a difference in the starters, and man was it a difference!

I’m really glad, too, because it was starting to get late (surprise, I picked up a shift at work tonight, but it’s one I kind of like, and now that I found a shiny, I care even less!), but I decided I’d do 100 more REs, and maybe do another 75 SRs before I had to go in. So that worked out really well for me!

He has a serious nature and is Somewhat stubborn, and I have no idea about the IVs right now, but I have to get going in about 15 minutes, so I won’t find out until later. So I guess I’ll transfer him over to SS once I get a chance, then I’ll start a new file on HG and hope for a Cyndaquil next.

Heh, I’m just ecstatic that I found something, especially something I was sort of after! Now I just need to hope I don’t end up finding another 10 Totodiles while waiting on the other 2!

Good luck, everyone!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well guys, I just can't get all of these pokemon out of the way for the Unova dex yet. There are just WAY too many compared to Black/White. Anyways I hope to finally resume my Musketeer hunts and finally nab that elusive Cobalion with or without that charm. Wish me luck!

TheMaster327

SHINY VIRIZION!!! After only 933 SRs, a hot pink Virizion graced my screen!

[spoil][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0035_zps447810fe.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0036_zps1a341a86.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0037_zps0be3a2b7.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0038_zpse04e339e.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0039_zps368b3f86.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0040_zpsfd0c2791.jpg[/img139][/spoil]

Jolly Sync worked again! And it has a 31 IV! (in Sp.Attack... lol)

IVs: 11 / 3 / 11 / 31 / 4 / 17 (Decidedly average IVs... but hey, there's my sub-1k hunt I was after!)

Oh and that's COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE x2!!!

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Hey guys! Congrats on all the shinies lately! I know it's a bit late, but special mention to Cyberra for finally getting your hands on that Roggenrola and Frost Mage on reclaiming Latios!

No shiny news for me... I'm at 2050 encounters in the Desert Resort, but I've only been hunting sporadically the last few days, between homework and Animal Crossing. Really hoping to find a Sigilyph or Maractus soon so I can finally say I completed a community hunt, not to mention the halfway point of my BQ!

Oh, and also... I noticed something odd while RE'ing, and I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone else. My hunt has been slow going because of the constant sandstorm, but a few days ago, the weather suddenly cleared up, and the sandstorm hasn't been back since! It seemed to take effect at the start of this month, but I'm not sure what caused it. Is this just a weird glitch in my game? If anyone could help satisfy my curiosity, I'd appreciate it!

Good luck to all of you!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
But wait! There's more! While I was chatting with TheMaster327 on the SA chatbox, and about 24 minutes after his Virizion appeared, shiny Groudon appeared at 4404 SR's!!

Despite my efforts, he got down to Struggle (this is why I don't like False Swipe), but since I only took out 50% of its HP, it was fine. Master Balled it, just like Rayquaza, so if I hunt for Kyogre, I may just Master Ball it from the start just to make it match.

No sync used, but it ended up with Lonely nature, which is near perfect anyway. IV's are absolutely fantastic too! 27/20/22/22/24/24

Such an amazing shiny, and considering I've slacked on this hunt (if you've noticed, I haven't posted here in quite awhile), I'm so happy it decided to shine. My first shiny at college couldn't be any better. Congrats on the recent shinies and good luck everyone!

Colton S

Beware Bewear
Well, just caught Shiny Latias and trained it up to level 100. I traded it over to White... So, there's that.

Laurelai

721 eggs into my MM Sewaddle hunt. I was hoping this one would come quickly because as soon as I get it, I'm going to begin my MM for Bulbasaur to mega in X :D

Less Than Zero

Disappear here.
So since its confirmed that you can transfer pokemon to x & y I'm going to start my shiny eevee hunt in earnest. I was planning on hatching eevee, but I suppose the faster way would be to repel with a level 17 pokemon in castelia park.. Is that a quicker way to see more eevees?

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to TheMaster327 on Virizion, gustavo 14 on Groudon, and Colton S on Latias!

My Totodile!

[IMG200]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/Charizard4993/IMG_1029_zps9240aba3.jpg?t=1378358907[/IMG200]

And here’s the video! I found it live… The quality’s kind of bad though =\

Anyways, I got him transferred over to SS and restarted the file…Got an ID I was okay with but it’s nothing great (53310)…Didn’t want to spend a ton of time getting a good ID when I’m not even going to keep the file in the end. So yeah. But I’m all ready to start SRing again tomorrow (if I hunt).

Good luck, everyone!

EDIT: Also, my signature's Shiny Card is getting too full...I'm not sure what to do about it o_O Other than just start taking some out. I have a full shiny card that I guess I can just link to it instead...

Last edited:

elorasheppard

Congrats to Maldoror, Chachi, ArdhiS, RaichuArcanine, YNCRN, Shadowkrow (x2), Polarix, Cpchris, Gustavo, themaster327 and coltonS on your recent shiny success. Special congrats to themaster, theres only one left to go!

As for me, Im still slowly plodding along on my hunts, about 200REs in route 3 and 600eggs for weedle. Im going to put some real effort in this weekend though, so here's hoping.

In XY news, Im really glad that we can trade to the new games, it will be nice to see all of my shinies in 3D :) But online part worries me, what if the server crashes mid transfer and I lose my shinies? :( But other than that, really happy its at least possible!

Good luck on all your hunts and only 36 days to go :)

RagingAvatar

Hi, this is my first post and I wasn't sure where to post it:
But yesterday I went to a distribution event for Shiny Dialga - are distribution events region free? I have a Japanese copy of Pokemon Black 2 and I live in the UK - please help!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Egg count: 370

Shiny count: 0

Another hunt begun and the first hatch run over. No shinies, but I don't expect them that soon. Currently I'm collecting my next batch of eggs. Hoping this target won't be as fiddly as Roggenrola was. If I hatch it quickly, then my next target for the CH will be Zorua, since I love the shiny coloring of Zorua and Zoroark.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hey there guys. I've finally got a new shiny.

After 28,244, my longest hunt so far in this badge quest, a shiny Minun appeared in Ruby! ^_^ It's yet another shiny that I already have, but at least I can move on to my next target.

Here's the video

Good luck guys.

YNCRN

Egg 125!
My Totodile!

[IMG200]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/Charizard4993/IMG_1029_zps9240aba3.jpg?t=1378358907[/IMG200]

Awesome! Congrats, Cpchris, and great video - you ALLLLLLLLLLLMOST reset over it - close one!

I made sure to leave a comment on it!

Also, congrats to Helio, gustavo 14 (more?!), TheMaster327 and Shadowkrow on your new shinies!

Last edited:

Mays

Sorry if you're not allowed to nag questions, but would soft resetting harm my 3DS XL? I heard that's the best/most effective way of finding shinies.

I've been in this thread before.. I vowed to start shiny hunting. Didn't even start shiny hunting xD

Also, I only got one of the shiny Diagla. I don't know if you're allowed multiple, at least not for me.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
So, on the event downloads... here's how it works, the Game store has a 3DS with a special B/W 2 cartridge in it that is sending out the Mystery Gift signal. I've seen it because back when I went to get Melloetta, I wasn't getting a signal and the employee found the event DS had been unplugged and the battery ran out (I think the event game cartridge is playable, as it started up like a normal pokemon game and the trainer, female I think, appeared in the grass). Anyways, the 3DS has good range, and most of the time you don't even need to go into the store to get the mystery gift signal. Which is nice if the store is crowded or tiny, or if there's an employee tries to tell you it's a one only thing.

RagingAvatar: I didn't try to download with my Japanese copy of Black (since I was using a 3DS that day), so I don't know if in person events work cross-regionally, but I suspect not. I might try it though.

Edit:
Mays, I suppose you could wear out you buttons... there's no evidence that SR is the most effective method (except for ledgenaries and genderless), everything else you can hunt or breed for with the same probability (or better) of it being shiny.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Also, congrats to Helio, gustavo 14 (more?!), TheMaster327 and Shadowkrow on your new shinies!

Yeah, I said that with the assumption no one would post after TheMaster327, since we got our shinies within minutes of each other. :p

So that this isn't a just another post I've made on this page, though, I think I'll add more about my remaining hunts before X/Y. So now, I'm in Clay Tunnel, as my sig says, and I hope to finish it before X/Y, at least. After that, I want to MM a Torchic because Mega Blaziken, so that's going to be a goal of mine. I already have one, but it's from a trade, so it doesn't feel the same. I might go for that after Clay Tunnel, or leave that until later, but for sure, I want a shiny Mega Blaziken.

ArdhiS

hai guys and gals :D congrats on all the shinies lately! (especially that shiny virizion)
i am starting a new hunt on my black 2 to MMing braviary, it's already 110 eggs and no shiny yet :/

Mays

Sorry if you're not allowed to nag questions, but would soft resetting harm my 3DS XL? I heard that's the best/most effective way of finding shinies.

I've been in this thread before.. I vowed to start shiny hunting. Didn't even start shiny hunting xD

Also, I only got one of the shiny Diagla. I don't know if you're allowed multiple, at least not for me.
Anyone? :x

dan2point5

Congrats Chris on that awesome Totodile, TheMaster on Virizion, Gustavo on Groudon and to everyone else. There's been so many since I last posted it would take forever to name individually.

Anyway today had been mental... I finished my pokedex on B2 the other day and decided I may as well grab the shiny charm on that file as well since it was available. So since I had the charm on 2 files I figured I'd double hunt in the abundant shrine for the Vulpix I missed out on in my BQ. So today after an hour of hunting a shiny Altaria appeared in W2. Was happy with that even though I already own one because its my fav shiny of all time. Since it wasnt Vulpix I continued hunting. An hour later shiny Petilil appeared, again on my W2. Delighted because its a shiny I don't have. But again, it wasnt Vulpix so the hunt continued. 2 hours later ANOTHER petilil appeared on W2! WTF? 3 shinies in one day, on the same file? Maybe the game was trying to be nice to me since I hadn't touched it since mid June!

So yeah, a crazy day! Also Community Hunt Complete x 2 I guess haha.

Good luck everyone.