• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
@Mays You have a 1/8192 chance of encountering a shiny, so random encounters yield the same odds, so it's not really the most effective method per se.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, I am delighted to see a steady flow of shinies. I am particularly delighted for TheMaster327 because of Virizion...it's fantastic that you have a month to get Kyurem now :p
I am also happy that gustavo14 managed to get Groudon! The SR count is quite awesome, and Groudon is a great shiny. Shame it didn't take 42 SRs...

So, I am sitting at 11,942 SRs after a week filled with no hunting. I will get it up to 12,000 SRs tonight, but I don't expect any shinies today. Maybe over the weekend?

Good luck to all of those hunting and a large congratulations to everybody else! I'm jealous of dan2point5, three shinies in a day is nuts, even with the shiny charm!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hi guys! It's been a while, uh ? I think it's been an entire week. But the first week of school deserves to be done well!
The Sewaddle quest is a kinda "on hold", since I don't have much time, neither the envy of doing random encounters days of week, especially in single grasses. It's going pretty slow. But I'm currently at a total of 1352 random encounters (with the Shiny Charm), which is not bad at all. I kinda lost the motivation since school started and since all those news about X and Y. My only desire is to do ... nothing at all or almost nothing with my games and wait for new revealations. I don't even know if I will ever get a new shiny before X and Y comes out as I'm occupated.

But still, congratulations to everyone since I last post (there's too much to congratulate!) and good luck to everyone shiny hunting!

Congrats to TheMaster327 on Virizion, gustavo 14 on Groudon, and Colton S on Latias!

My Totodile!

[IMG200]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/Charizard4993/IMG_1029_zps9240aba3.jpg?t=1378358907[/IMG200]

And here’s the video! I found it live… The quality’s kind of bad though =\

Anyways, I got him transferred over to SS and restarted the file…Got an ID I was okay with but it’s nothing great (53310)…Didn’t want to spend a ton of time getting a good ID when I’m not even going to keep the file in the end. So yeah. But I’m all ready to start SRing again tomorrow (if I hunt).

Good luck, everyone!

EDIT: Also, my signature's Shiny Card is getting too full...I'm not sure what to do about it o_O Other than just start taking some out. I have a full shiny card that I guess I can just link to it instead...

Now YOU deserve some attention, don't you think !? That saddens me that we haven't share some words lately, but I think I will catch up a little bit with this post.
To be totally honest with you, I'm so proud of you! Congratulations on that Totodile, such an awesome shiny! :D And good luck for the future shiny Johto starters hunt! Hopefully you won't get duplicates, though...
I just wanted to tell you that I read every and each of your post on that thread, they are so interesting, especially when you give your opinion on off-topic things, such as a 3DS XL color or a new stuff they revealed!
Good luck on your hunts, especially on that Growlithe and on your Platinum Badge Quest! It feels like it's been a while since you got a shiny! I hope you're using a Static Pokémon to increase your chances with Shinx, right ?

Canto

First of all, congrats to everyone on their recent Shinies! (I'd list them individually, but there's too way many. :p)

Second, my reason for posting in the first place. So, last night I was doing some EV training and fighting some Audino to level up when this little beauty popped up:

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/HQecAez.jpg[/IMG300]

Unexpected to say the least, but you don't hear me complaining.

Anyways, good luck to everyone else on their hunts! :)

TheMaster327

Thanks for the congrats, guys! And congrats on all other shinies as well!

The final hunt of the Legendary Quest is underway. I did 200 Kyurem tonight, here's hoping a nice hunt to finish on...

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Automail_Junkie on Chikorita, maldoror on Yamask, ChaChi on Staryu, RaichuArcanine on Weedle, YNCRN on Koffing, Shadowkrow on Magnemite and Pidove, Polarix on Drifloon, Cpchris on Totodile, TheMaster327 on Virizion, gustavo 14 on Groundon, Heliotrope on Minun, dan2point5 on Altaria and x2 Petilil (damn!), and Volcanic Tyhphlosion on random Audino!

No new shinies from me but I'm still going strong on my hunts! I'm a bit over 1k encounters on Route 5 and still hoping for Gothita or Trubbish (mostly Trubbish) so hopefully one of them shines soon. Rayquaza is still being stubborn but I'm not giving up anything soon. If I had to guess I'd say I'm definitely over or around 15k SRs for it so I really wish it would shine already!

In XY news, I'm really happy that transferring is confirmed! I was starting to get worried it wouldn't happen but no worries now. Although it kinda sucks that we'll have to wait until December (or even later) to transfer but we just have to be patient I guess.

Good luck guys! :]

Congrats to everyone on the recent shinies. There are almost too many to name!

As for me, my badge quest has made some progress today. After almost 3000 Random encounters, a shiny azurill popped up! Apparently the water gods want me to use only water types. I was hoping for riolu, mareep or pidove, but it's a shiny nonetheless. Now I think I will go train a bit and then hunt in virbank complex. Ive been lucky with two quick hunts so I am anticipating a long one now!

Laurelai

Yay! COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE

Just hatched my shiny Sewaddle after 782 eggs :) I named her Tenodora (a species of Chinese Mantis- it eats insects and pollen) she's Jolly, with Chlorophyll as its ability (which I was hoping for)
IV spread: 8 26 14 14 4 31

I was going to start working on MMing a bulbasaur, but if there is going to be a 2 month delay until we can export our pokemon, then I'll mebbe try to do another CH.

pokemaster13

Shiny Hunter!
Ugh.. Just found a third shiny Sawk on my Route 18 hunt. This is getting so annoying.... Sawk is literally the only shiny I have from that route. Interestingly enough, it has the exact same nature as the first shiny Sawk I found from Route 18: Hasty. I think I'll switch over to an MM hunt now, as I really don't want to deal with the possibility of another Sawk. Although with school going on I hardly have any time to hunt anyway...

Congrats on all the shinies and good luck!

IndigoTribesman

Compassion Warrior
Hey all, congrats on all the recent shinies.
I am still Masuda breeding Torchics (I am up to roughly 325ish) but while I was doing that I had a random encounter with a Liepard in the Dreamyard.

20130907_161444.jpg
So, Community Hunt complete! XD I feel so accomplished.

Last edited:

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys! Congrats to everyone who has gotten shinies lately! :)

As for me, I only hunt for virizion on the weekends when I am really in the mood to. Being 28 weeks pregnant and working 48-50 hours a week is exhausting, so I normally just go home and sleep after work. I can't wait to see the shiny options in x and y though. Maybe it will kick my butt into wanting to shiny hunt with fresh pokemon. Who knows.

anyways, happy hunting everyone!!!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Well with the recent reveal of the mega Kanto starters, I have decided to SR for my Musketeers, but with my White version I will also be MM'ing for a bulbasaur and squirtle to match my Charizard. The annoying part is that even though I had a shiny Bulbasaur from Dangertrout, when I lost my White 2 at the YMCA that Bulbasaur was the one shiny that had to be on there. I really hope one day that I can find that game. Who knows, maybe next time I go to my girlfriend's swim meet, I could find someone using a shiny Venusaur with Dangertrout's OT.
P.S. sorry for ranting.

Monek_OP

bernie2016
Well with the recent reveal of the mega Kanto starters, I have decided to SR for my Musketeers, but with my White version I will also be MM'ing for a bulbasaur and squirtle to match my Charizard. The annoying part is that even though I had a shiny Bulbasaur from Dangertrout, when I lost my White 2 at the YMCA that Bulbasaur was the one shiny that had to be on there. I really hope one day that I can find that game. Who knows, maybe next time I go to my girlfriend's swim meet, I could find someone using a shiny Venusaur with Dangertrout's OT.
P.S. sorry for ranting.

That reminds me of a story about my Shiny Venusaur! I was still living in my hometown and found this Pokemon game, White 2, near my pool with a Shiny Bulbasaur in it! I traded it to anotheer game, but the OT was really annoying! It was 'Danger trout' or something!

Drakonekoshi

Still trying to get shiny Lugia and Totodile....Still nothing...

I can use some luck here...

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
With the worldwide release (and new language features) of X and Y, what do you think will become of Masuda Method? Do you think the Shiny Charm will return?

On another note, I have decided to do a Badge Quest on Black Version, since I haven't been doing much hunting on Black2.
Although I won't have the Shiny Charm, I can test my luck against normal odds.
Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Hi guys. :D
Firstly i would like to congratulate Gustavo, the Master, Helio, Ccphris, laurelai and all of the other lucky recipicents of shiny pokemon.
As for me.... Im going to go insane! Im almost at 3000 eggs for this Feebas now.... Im also back at school so things have slowed down a bit. Now im just hoping i dont pass the odds for a 3rd time. Good luck all!

Still trying to get shiny Lugia and Totodile....Still nothing...

I can use some luck here...

Good luck! Shiny Lugia is awesome!

I am back on the hunt for this Shiny Dratini HOPEFULLY with its DW ability. Dragonites always been my favorite Pokemon and I want to get this shiny with this ability and use it on my team of legit shiny dragons. Hopefully it goes well in these 250 eggs, it brings my count to 1250.