1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dangertrout, Nov 13, 2012.

1. BackInClack

BackInClack Member

Congrats on all the recents!

As for me, Im still in virbank complex at about 1500 encounters. I'm hoping for grow lithe but I would be happy with magnetite and magby. I am just really hoping that I don't get another pat rat. I have 13 shinies, 4 of which are patrats.....

Anyways, fingers crossed

2. Cpchris

Cpchris Shiny Hunter

Congrats to Heliotrope on Minun, dan2point5 on Altaria and both Petilils (that’s some insane luck!), Thesurfing Snivy, Volcanic Typhlosion on Audino, BackInClack on Azurill, Laurelai on Sewaddle, pokemaster13 on Sawk (sorry it’s your third one though =\), IndigoTribesman on Liepard, Storm_Dragoon on Magnemite (hope you get something you want next time!), PaddysTurtwigFanClub on Feebas, and maldoror on Zangoose!

Thanks for the congrats, elorasheppard, YNCRN, dan2point5, The Prince of May, and PaddysTurtwigFanClub!

Thanks, I appreciate all those kind words :D (I try to be good and put things in spoilers so people don’t feel obliged to read all my ramblings X] )
    But…*hides*…I’m still only using my shinies to hunt on my BQ :x

--------

Well, I didn’t post yesterday, but I did 500 REs and 400 SRs yesterday. And tonight, I did 300 REs and 200 SRs. So I’m at 21,800 REs on Platinum, 3,200 REs on Black 2, and 600 SRs on HeartGold. Less than 3k REs until my Platinum hunt is at 3x the odds!

Good luck, everyone :)

EDIT: OMG. Off-topic, but super important (well...not really. But to me it is!)! I saw somebody on facebook posting about a link that confirmed an 8th Harry Potter book. Knowing how many times I've seen Ms. Rowling say she doesn't think she'd write an 8th book, I was very skeptical, and I saw in the comments that the article was actually from April 1st. And I just saw someone else talking about how they're so excited for the 8th book...PEOPLE, YOU'RE KILLING ME. How do you not fact check stuff?!

I googled it again, and saw a blurb about how this is apparently a sort of epidemic and is going around FB and twitter...It was only a couple weeks ago I think that I was talking about some other falsified HP "fact" with ohjeezitskim...There is no 8th Harry Potter book, everyone. Please stop ;_; You're making me cry on the inside.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  3. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Egg count: 740

Shiny count: 0

This hunt is well underway, and getting into the area where I'd sorta expect any egg to produce a shiny. Nothing so far, though, but the hunt is early yet.

I completed the Black Tower today and obtained the shiny Gible for doing so. It's about to evolve into a Garchomp.

Hopefully Roggenrola behaves better for you than it did for me. I needed to hatch over 7,000 eggs to get the little bugger.

4. Roseheart95

Roseheart95 El Psy Congroo

Congratulations to all the recent shinies! Sorry to do that, but that's how it's going to have to be, now that school's started again :(

I had a long drive yesterday, so did quite a few SRs for Lugia, bringing my total up to 3,668 without a shiny. This is the furthest I've gone on any SR hunt (and I'm aware it's not far at all!). My friend helped me hunt, because she came with us and we played Monopoly on her iPod :p During her gos I would SR, and then we'd swap devices each go. Slightly off-topic, but it was a terrible game, as it was just us two, and she was bored, so whenever I got into debt she'd just initiate a trade and give me all the money I needed +1. Then I'd land on her hotel'd orange properties and get into debt again, without any disposable income because everything I had was mortgaged. She also tried to trade me a Get Out of Jail Free Card for my Park Lane.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

5. $ Joshy - mon $

$ Joshy - mon $ Legit Pokemon Master

Hello, this is going to be my first actual Shiny Hunt (this isn't going to take over other aspects of my Pokemon saves) and I'm currently conducting a Shiny Hunt in Relic Castle, my current Shiny Pokemon are either in game, traded or Surprise Random Encounter.

Current Shiny Pokemon: Hydreigon, Dratini, Swoobat, Raikou, Weavile and Tranquill ​

[COLOR]Wanted Pokemon:​
    Sandshrew
    Sandile
    Yamask

Current Hunt: Relic Castle
    *The very Hydreigon you see their was infact traded for a Shiny Yamask (which evolved into Cofagrigus) therefore I'm hunting for a new one. The one I want to find the most is the Sandshrew, I personally think that is has an even better Shiny design.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  6. leafgreen5050

leafgreen5050 grass type Prince

I've been playing since leafgreen firered and I don't have a single shiny -.- darn my luck

7. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Just before you get too engrossed in that hunt, just thought I'd tell you it's impossible to get a Hidden Grotto Pokémon shiny, as they are shiny locked, similar to Reshiram/Zekrom/Victini.

8. Wishmaker Latias

Wishmaker Latias All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned

I've decided to do a random encounter on Smeargle in the Artisan cave.
    I have only 117 encounters as I just started.
    But I hope mine will eventually appear as for everyone.
    Good luck to all of you.

9. ~EternalDarkness~

~EternalDarkness~ Ghost Type User

Congrats YNCRN on Koffing, Shadowkrow on Magnemite & Pidove, Polarix on Drifloon, Cpchris on Totodile, TheMaster on Virizion, Gustavo on Groudon, Colton S on Latias, Heliotrope on Minun, Dan2point5 on Altaria and the Petilils, Thesurfing Snivy on Pichu, Beldum and Farfetch'd, Volcanic Tyhphlosion on Audino, BackinClack on Azurill, Laurelai on Sewaddle, Pokemaster13 on Sawk, IndigoTribesman on Liepard, Storm_Dragoon on Magnemite, Paddy on Feebas and Maldoror on Zangoose and Sewaddle.

Currently I've hatched 390 eggs for Solosis and I'm hatching another 5 boxes worth. I'm going at a pretty nice pace, so hopefully I'll be able to finish this hunt before GTA 5 comes out. Other than that there's not much else to report on, my other hunts are still on hold but I hope to get to them soon.

Good luck everyone!

10. Supremacy

Supremacy Shiny Hunter

Gratz to BackInClack on Azurill, Laurelai on Sewaddle, pokemaster13 on Sawk, IndigoTribesman on Liepard, Storm_Dragoon on Magnemite, Paddy on Feebas, and maldoror on Zangoose and Sewaddle!

Community hunt complete x2!

After 1841 REs my 2nd shiny Minccino appears! It has the same nature as my first one which is Lonely but this one has Technician instead of Cute Charm which is nice. I really want shiny Trubbish so I'm gonna stay here and see what happens.

Good luck guys!

11. Ivoright

Ivoright I am back! Probably.

About 300 SR's for Tepig so far (Probably less, I haven't been keeping track) and no gold pig yet. But since the hunt is still young, I don't expect it quite yet.

12. doodlecloud

doodlecloud Shiny Hunter

Wow, it's been a long time since I was here. Good to see lots of names that I recognise, lots of regulars still here. You guys must be rolling in shinies by now!

In any case, I decided to finally pick up my old HG shiny hunt, the ones that's been annoying me longest. So far I'm up to 14,617. I'm also up to 750 eggs on my Spinarak hunt (originally for whenever month we had a bug/grass shiny hunting contest - definitely failed there). Wish me luck! Hopefully I'll be around more often for a while now. :)

13. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

Thank goodness, wondered where you went! Great to see you back, good luck with Route 32.

Giratina is now my longest hunt ever. Right now I am at 12,542 SRs, 33 SRs over my second longest hunt (Nidoran). Now, it's just a cruel, cruel waiting game until it shines.

I do wish you all luck, and congratulations to all recent shinies!

14. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

SHINY FROZEN CHICKEN DRAGON!!! LQ COMPLETE AT ONLY 1,100 SRs INTO THE HUNT!!!

[spoil][img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0041_zpsee9e6d35.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0042_zps55ad17ec.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0043_zps2159288d.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0044_zpsf216cd7d.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0045_zpsb8811e02.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0046_zpsa41aa9eb.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0047_zps2cbfd4ef.jpg[/img139]
    [img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/HNI_0048_zpsa2676459.jpg[/img139][/spoil]

Didn't use a Sync on this one and it turned out Hasty!

IVs: 18 / 10, 11 / 3, 4 / 24 / 14 / 0, 1 Not the best set of IVs in the world, but hey, LQ COMPLETE!!! And COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE X3!!!

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention I caught it in the first Premier Ball! (Excluding the opening Quick Ball...)

Also, SRing for a good natured Gible from Benga now...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  15. Mays

Mays Well-Known Member

So getting shiny legendaries is technically easier than getting shiny pokemon randomly, or no? Also how do you get shiny starters?

16. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

Well, whether or not its easier is subjective. Some people may argue that MM is easier, others might say RE is easier, though it really depends on how you judge the difficulty. With legendaries, it's easy in that all you do is press A a bunch of times, and if it's not shiny, you SR or turn off the game and then back on (yes, every SR shiny I have was done that way). However, they still are a pain to catch, and some more bothersome than others. For one, I find the weather trio to be the most stubborn catches because of Rest spam. Really, it depends on your tastes in hunting.

As for starters, you basically do the same as with legendaries. The difference is that in most games, it's a very long process to SR because there usually is a long talking sequence dragging it out. Alternatively, you can just hunt for any of the via MM.

17. julabard

julabard Well-Known Member

I just decided to EV train my shiny Phione as a break from hatching these never-ending Eevee eggs, Only the 2nd encounter and a lovely little Purloin shined for me! She is level 2 and Naughty! Only 1000 or so encounters after the shiny Tranquil, I've had good luck this last month or so!

18. Shiny Lord

Shiny Lord Well-Known Member

Community Hunt Complete

After hatching 1800 darumaka, 305 Cyndaquil, 300 Shelmet I switched to Oshawott and after 138 eggs with shiny charm a male shiny bashful oshawott hatched!!! This is a shiny I've hatched for multiple times and its a nice shiny to finally break my drought. Its also the last starter I needed shiny to complete the fifth gen starters. Photo 178.jpg I still have 160 eggs to hatch so who knows maybe I will get lucky and hatch another one.

#501 Oshawott [Bashful]
    IVs: 0 - 28 / 0 - 28 / 29 / 1 - 29 / 10 - 28 / 10 - 28
    Stats at Lv.1: 12|0 / 6|0 / 6|0 / 6|0 / 6|0 / 6|0

19. cocoadragon

cocoadragon Shiny Hunter

Hello everyone! I haven't had much luck with my hunts sadly. Right now I'm SRing for Bill's eevee and hunting Miltank via the repel trick. Its going smoothly about 14 REs per repel and 8 of them are usually Miltank. I'm at 100 REs for Miltank and 300 SRs eevee. Congrats on the recent shinies and good luck everyone. Just a heads up I might be doing charmander next because I love charizards mega form.

20. Hells Envoy

Hells Envoy Breeder

IMPORTANT UPDATE: While finishing the rest of these eggs I found ANOTHER shny dratini within 1250 eggs. Just like my Lapras this is a DOUBLE win. And this one HAS the DW ability and I could not be more pleased. Jolly nature IVS: 31/31/12,13/2,3/28,29/31 Terrific!

Returning to tell everyone of my luck. between 1000-1250 eggs I did receive a shiny dratini, my favorite Pokemon, but the celebration is short lived as the ability is Shed Skin and not Marvel Scale. Disappointing but I guess the hunt continues. IVS: 14,15/31/28,29/14,15/4,5/31 Acceptable for a shiny. Not as good as my 2 non-shiny near flawless ones of course :) Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013