• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Community hunt complete!

After roughly 5280 RE's between two games, I managed to run into a shiny Venipede on my White 2. :) I was dual hunting in the doubles grass in Route 20 in this game, and in the doubles grass outside Pinwheel Forest in Black. The only non 5th gen shiny I could have run into was Sunkern and I figured the odds were pretty good that I wouldn't get another one of those. I caught this girl in a Critical Capture in a Dive Ball.

OT/ID.No/Bold nature
Swarm/Stats/Moves
Sparkles
Whirlipede
Scolipede

I evolved her to get the pictures, but am currently saved with her still at L21. I'm not certain which of the forms I like the best, so I'll leave her be for the time being.

Congrats to all the new shinies!

Master Leo

The Dark Side
I got shiny number 6 in my Sapphire BQ a couple days go:
http://i41.*******.com/2l9nkp2.jpg

It shone after about 3,000 or so SR's, which is pretty quick. So now, I'm hunting for shiny #7 in both my Leafgreen and Sapphire BadgeQuests and hoping I can finish them both before Y comes out.

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
I'm still hunting a shiny roggenrola. I'm up to about 120 eggs hatched and will get there slowly but surely. At least the new Palkia event will provide me a guaranteed shiny to go with my other shiny event Pokemon (basically the dog trio and Dialga).

Wyverndust

Alright, it's been a while since I last posted, too long if you ask me. But I started up yet another year of college, this week being week #3 and my shiny hunting and personal time in general has decreased significantly. So (I hat to do this but...) I would like to give my congrats to everyone on their latest shinies! Especially to those of you who have ended long hunts like Cyberra and Cpchris (even if it is only one, but I'm sure the others will soon appear)!

But I didn't just post to complain about how school is ruling my life or to cop out on congrats; I came because I have news!

On August 24th my third badge quest target shown in my Black 2! After losing my shiny Eevee at 2,969 repel encounters I resumed hunting like a mad woman, and finally after 9,209 (or 6,245 REs after the first shiny) my second shiny Eevee appeared! He was unfortunately male with a crappy nature (but as I don't battle competitively I don't really care too much), being sassy and capable of taking hits. So I evolved him into Glaceon and named him Caspian!

http://luxrayteen.deviantart.com/art/Shiny-Eevee-6-Caspian-399235448

I got pretty close to losing him too. He had broken out of 6 great balls, 2 premiereballs, and 20 poke balls all the while being at half health (was too afraid I'd get a crit to do any more than that) and he had knocked out all of my pokemon except my illuminate Watchog before I finally caught him in a poke ball.

But wait there's more!!!

I was going to post today regardless, but fortune decided to smile upon me (either that or the universe was feeling sorry for me) because today while I was stuffed in a van with12 sweaty college students while waiting to enter the prairie sanctuary that was the location of my ecology field trip my 4th B2 BQ shiny shined after a nice 5,098 encounters! It totally freaked me out because the whole way there I was thinking how ironic would it be if I got my shiny during the trip?

http://luxrayteen.deviantart.com/art/Shiny-Sandile-399245415

Shiny Sandile was exactly what I was hoping for! Even if her Brave nature and Intimidate ability weren't exactly what I was hoping for. But I've wanted a shiny Krookodile ever since I first laid eyes on it, so I'm okay with it.

I named her Prairie temporarily just so I could give her a name and save real quick (it was the first thing that came to mind okay?). But I am looking for a better name for her so if you have any suggestions let me know! And before I forget...

Community Hunt Complete!!!

Been a while since I last got to say that. It feels good! Anyway good luck to everyone on your hunts!

(Any ideas what I should hunt for next on my BQ?)

Edit:

Holy crap guys I don't even...

Just hatched a shiny Zorua on my White 2 after only 40 eggs! Sure I used the shiny charm plus MM but my last SC MM hunt was Feebas and even that took 605 eggs. She literally just hatched less than ten minutes ago, why haven't I ever actually seen any of my shines hatch? They all just randomly show up when I look down! Anyway I don't have a name for her yet (any suggestions?) and she is hasty pretty good nature (I think...) and likes to thrash about.

I've never really liked shiny Zoroark, but looking at pictures now I might just evolve her and try going for a second Zorua 'cause I love their blue so much! I'll upload a pic when I get the chance.

Community hunt Commplete X2

Last edited:

Growlie19

Finally! After about 6200 encounters on Route 5, Minccino decided to shine! She's docile, strongly defiant, and has the Technician ability. She has great attack and special defense IVs, but very bad speed. Upon my little brother's request, since Minccino is his favorite Pokémon, her name is Pancho. I'm glad my target shone instead of Liepard or Trubbish. Oh yeah, Community Hunt Complete! At least I know my shiny charm isn't broken.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone and their luck! I hit it lucky myself tonight, and finally after 700 SR's got myself a shiny Latias, I tried my hardest to get her into a Ultra Ball but she was using Struggle, so I didn't want to take any chances and got her in a MasterBall, well worth the use of a MasterBall in my opinion. I adore her.
Modest Nature, like to fight.
My favorite shiny thus far.

Picture here:

1175732_10151658360983990_856834412_n.jpg

Last edited:

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Congrats on everyone for their shinies.
And especially Master Leo for his castform.
My hunt for smeargle is going smoothly so far
I am at about 650 random encounters in the Artisan cave now.
But still no shiny.
I don't expect it that soon but everything might happen.

Monek_OP

bernie2016
Congratulations and good luck to everyone!

It's official - all my games have been wiped and I didn't get the Dialga! I think I'll begin my adventure in Kalos! (With a Shiny Bulbasaur! Going for every poke!)

Ah well, seems as though I have a lot to work to do! And good luck with Smeargle, Thesurfing Snivy - they look so cool! XD.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
It's official - all my games have been wiped and I didn't get the Dialga! I think I'll begin my adventure in Kalos! (With a Shiny Bulbasaur! Going for every poke!)

Oh no, what happened?

Hatching a double hunting (which doubles as training)... and, well, still no Eevee, but soon I imagine. I'll go get Palkia at some point, but Dialga was the one of the three I wanted most, so I'm not as worried about fitting it into my schedule right away.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to TheMaster327 on Kyurem, julabard on Purrloin, Shiny Lord on Oshawott, Hells Envoy on Dratini (x2!), Storm_Dragoon on Growlithe, ChaChi on Palpitoad, cuchifru on Magnemite, Polarix on Slowpoke, *Murkrow on Venipede, Master Leo on Castform, Wyverndust on Eevee, Sandile and Zorua, Growlie19 on Mincinno, Automail_Junkie on Latias, and Crimson_Blazer on Skarmory (about time you got something!).

Well no new shinies from me but I'm back up to around 700 REs in Route 5 and really hoping I get something new this time. My hunt for Rayquaza is really starting to depress me, I just want it to shine already >.<! But I just have to stick to it and I know it'll shine soon (hopefully).

Good luck guys!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Egg count: 1,110

Shiny count: 0

Another 370 eggs hatched. Still no sparkles, but the hunt is still early yet. Hopefully this one won't turn into a nightmare marathon like my roggenrola hunt did. I'm back on Route 3 collecting the next batch of eggs now.

elorasheppard

Congrats to everyone on their recent shiny success. There have been lots and I haven't been on for a few days so too many to congratulate individually but blanket well dones!!

I didn't get much hunting done over the weekend but I did a few hundred RE's in route 3 (come on Yanma!) and am up to 1200 weedle eggs so hopefully something shines soon (Cyberra, it looks like we're going roughly at the same egg hatching pace :) )

Have my egg hatching Pidgey all lined up ready for weedle to be finished so I hope it shines by the weekend.

Good luck hunters, especially CoD, your Rayquaza will come soon!

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince
I e been playing since firered leafgreen and have never encountered a shiny in my life ): ( excluding the red gyarados from the lake of rage )

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Finally, got a new camera, and pics of my now Lvl. 100 shiny Latios! Jeez that was quick to train it all the way up. Guess that happens when you're motivated by the Pokemon being shiny. :3 Got it with a Timid nature because of Synchronize, it's so perfect, I love him so much.

[IMG139]http://imageshack.us/a/img845/8518/iymp.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://imageshack.us/a/img29/3618/q33t.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://imageshack.us/a/img43/4197/qnc6.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://imageshack.us/a/img845/871/1zdd.jpg[/IMG139]

You guys, I lost this thing after throwing probably 50 Ultra Balls at it, and this time I caught it with a Quick Ball (what I wanted to catch it with because the colors match)... NOT on the first turn! The odds are so low for me to catch this thing with no multiplier omg... Still so happy, and it still hasn't sunk in yet that I got this thing finally. It feels like I hardly worked for it because it only took 844 after I lost it! Might post my shiny Herdier that I caught randomly while I was taking a break from hunting Latios tomorrow. :D

Sealotic

Oh god, I forgot to post on this thread !
First of all, congratulation for all the latest shinies, a lot since i've lastly post !

On my side, little things happened. I continued my MM Vulpix hunt and no sparkle within the 350 eggs I hatched. I'm super slow because of school and because of motivation for this hunt, but I will completed one day or another...

However, I tought that I could try to chain a Snorunt, so I opened my Pearl version, I went to snowpoint city and all the way down to the area where there is not a huge snowstorm, where we can actually see. And on my way, what do I see ? A Shiny Machoke, completely random ! Male, naive nature, I'm not disappointed even if it's not one of my favorite pokemon, A random shiny gives you hope some times. Oh and I couldn't chain that Snorunt.

And yesterday, I decided to chain my Swarm of the day which was Surskit, and I got two of them, a Quirky and a Timid one !

Good luck for your hunts !

Growlie19

Congrats to Sealotic for Machoke. Don't you just love it when completely random shinies appear?

Woohoo! What a quick hunt for me! I decided to start my route 23 hunt early while also showing off my utterly adorable level 100 Cinccino. I guess showing off angered the local Bouffalant herd, so they sent their own shiny against mine! That's right, only 120 encounters later, a shiny Bouffalant appeared! Her name is Breaker. She is level 54 and has an impish nature, quick to flee. But man, this was wild. Two shinies in such a short time! Well, good luck to all you other hunters. Wait, I forgot: Community Hunt Doubly Completed!!

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Well, there have been so many shinies since I last posted....too many to list here especially as I'm out of the loop and have forgotten people's names and such....but well done everyone!

Wyverndust, I actually really like the name Prairie! Would probably suit a different Pokemon best but I still think it's cool. If you do end up changing her name then you should use Prairie for something else at some point.

Also, seeing a lot of people completing the Community Hunt lately....so what actually is it? I thought I'd be able to work it out from the shinies but I can't see a pattern lol.

As for me, I'm now up to 14,900 REs on HG and 900 eggs on White. Really hope something shines soon but I have a feeling they'll both be long hunts.....oh well.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I can remember my first shiny (Excl. Gyarados).

It was a Voltorb in Pokémon Saphire. I first thought it was a wild Poisoned one, so I wanted to run away, but I first checked in case I didn't do something I would regret, so I googled "blue Voltorb" and came to the understanding it was a shiny. I evolved it into an Electrode but I never used it after.

I also encountered a shiny Zigzagoon (Emerald), Ponyta (Pearl), Torkoal (Emerald), Psyduck (Saphire), Yanma (breeding HG).

Right now I'm hatching for a shiny Budew.

ohjeezitskim

I haven't posted in a while, but I have been keeping up with the posts daily. I've been playing a minecraft server still.. and that takes up most of my time lol
But I'm close to 300 eggs on Vulpix in my BQ (295) and I'm currently just under 4.8k for Absol. I want to work on my BQ more before X&Y come out so I'm going to be working on that more than White 2/Black 2 hunts. In 2 days I'll be on a month drought.

I went to gamestop today. and forgot to bring my games for Palkia >.> I had to do my 3 games, my sister's 2 game, and my boyfriend's game. But I forgot lol. Which I don't mind. I'd be in there too long trying to get all 6 Palkia!

X&Y are so close and I'm overly excited. I really want to take the time and play the game but I want to do a BQ on my Y version.. But I feel like I woulldn't be giving the story line full attention on my X version. (I'm really hoping when I'm grinding in X I might run into my first 'unintentional' shiny! Every shiny I got was basically a hunt.)

On my gamestop account I have one X version pre-ordered and THREE Y versions xD. (one being mine, my sister's and boyfriend's)

I wanna congratulate finally getting that stubborn Roggenrola and reclaiming Latios! I'm a bit late on the congrats though x3
Also Cpchris with his Totodile :3
AND really, everyone else!