• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, I was on the SHU Chatbox when fish chaining was brought up by Kyle...and I was fishi g for Clauncher until I learned about the chaining. I wanted my Clauncher to feel special to me, because it is a beautiful shiny.

Therefore, I am MMing Clauncher instead. I have a Modest Clauncher parent with an Everstone for a decent Clawitzer if I succeed. I'm currently at 65 Eggs.

Good luck everyone, and congrats on all the shinies.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
YES YES YES!! Just hatched my shiny Froakie!! Finally I can start the game properly, It didn't have protein which is a shame but torrent is still pretty good, I just wanted a shiny with it's hidden ability heh, I'll upload pictures a bit later!

Cmack102

I've just recently started shiny breeding in X/Y can someone give me a few pointers? I'm using a Korean Ditto and simply breeding and hatching. Is this the best way to do things? Also I am using a Flame Body pokemon.

Currently Breeding For: Abra

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
I've just recently started shiny breeding in X/Y can someone give me a few pointers? I'm using a Korean Ditto and simply breeding and hatching. Is this the best way to do things? Also I am using a Flame Body pokemon.

Currently Breeding For: Abra

Pretty much, yeah. It doesn't matter how you do the entire throwing into boxes/releasing/hatching thing, most people do it differently. I like to fill up a single box and hatch that to avoid excessive hatching should I end up with a shiny relatively quickly. Some people know it might take a while and fill up several boxes.

But yes sounds like you got it down. Good luck!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm been breeding a American Ditto, and a Japanese Klefki that I received over wonder trade. So far I've hatched around 15 eggs. I'm gonna keep hatching more off and on. I hope something shiny's soon that would be great!

silver2010

So I caught a shiny gulpin in a horde last Thursday but last night saw the chain fishing post...

In 6 minutes I caught a poliwhirl right behind the fishing shack! This is amazing now for relicanth or clawitzer =D

elorasheppard

Hi guys, blanket congrats to ALL the shinies recently (sooo many!!)

As for me, Ive jumped on the CF wagon on my Y as I love water pokemon (thanks to Kyle for informing my sister who informed me :) )

I was a little shaky at first but after a few hours of trying I came across these three, Corsola, Draglage and Poliwhirl

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=2132080243&photo_id=7929759571
http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=2132080243&photo_id=7929759648
http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=2132080243&photo_id=7929759646

It would have been four, but the last shiny I saw on my last chain was a Basculin.... who killed itself with Final Gambit. But Im not too bothered with that because it means I can still hunt for dragonair with the CF.

I haven't decided how I feel about this method yet. On the one hand, Ive got three lovely shinies that I really wanted but it means that a) you cant do anything else as you have to concentrate and b) everyone is going to get these shinies quite easily. Wont stop me from still doing the CF for Dragonair tonight tho X]

Good luck to all hunters, regardless of your methods! As long as you love your shiny, it doesn't matter how you got it, right?

supdawg

Fishing for shinies is by far the easiest and fastest way to get a shiny I caught a Magikarp and a Relicanth in about 2 hours :) but im stopping for now to EV train a team also put 90 hours into Pokemon X all whilst resetting for a shiny Ho-oh on my HG but nothing yet.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Holy. Fishable shiny's are not worth anything anymore... Still I'm going to hunt for a poliwag. :3

Soo Suction Cups and Super rod + don't move and I should be fine right? Running is alright?

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
So.. I got another shiny Onix then about 15 minutes later another one pops up!

I just want shiny Barbaracle, please shine next...

L-Knight

The Mega Blastoise
i got a shiny clauncher after 7 tries i am one lucky guy i named it First Hero in tribute to red

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Last edited:
just got a shiny Qwilfish and Clauncher in the space of half an hour... 7 total now

Cheeseonaplate

One question, I'm playing the Japanese version of Y in English, and I want to MM with a Ditto. For my location in PSS, it says Tokyo. For me, what nationality would be considered a foreign Ditto?

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
One question, I'm playing the Japanese version of Y in English, and I want to MM with a Ditto. For my location in PSS, it says Tokyo. For me, what nationality would be considered a foreign Ditto?

Anything that is not Japanese. Even though you are playing in English, your game is still from japan so anything that is not japanese is foreign.

Cheeseonaplate

OK, good to know, thanks

Latest shiny I have found is....Zubat probably the worst shiny. Meh, it's still a shiny.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
oh god I'm getting really annoyed by fish chaining. First I messed up my 41 chain. And now I messed up my 46 chain. I want my shiny poliwag ;-( I want it 4x for the whole set. D: