• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Voodoo900

Where have people got their shiny Poliwhirls? It probably means nothing, but as far as we know location /could/ make a huge difference.
fishing with a good rod in Laverre City

And a shiny Dragalge to finish off the night, I feel Chain Fishing is a little to easy not that I'm complaining just yet. Though I do feel a little cheap getting three shinies in one day :/

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Finally got chain fishing to work in my favor. After the game decided twice in a row to hate me and not give me a nibble, I got myself a shiny Corsola after 139 encounters! This is a pseudo-reclaim for the one I found in Battle Factory way back in Emerald, and I'm glad to finally have one. Doesn't feel at all like an RE shiny, but that's perfectly fine. I'm glad to finally have myself a shiny Corsola. Relaxed nature and Natural Cure, which are both fantastic, with IV's as 3/25/3/14/23/11. Not amazing, but there's something wrong if I'm trying to battle competitively with a Corsola anyway. :p

Sorry about the tiny picture. I'm kind of in a rush now, so that's what I'll deal with.

Now I'll be going back to my National Dex completion efforts (I know we need the Bank, but I'm getting as close as I possibly can), which will be sped up thanks to the Oval Charm. Since the Shiny Charm is likely back as well, it makes me wonder why they would possibly have considered improving shiny odds at all. Of course, we don't know if it actually is back, but that's enough tangents for me. I'll eventually get back to my Torchic MM hunt, but for now, good luck everyone!

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
Still no luck with chain fishing... highest chain was around 40, but I did manage to find a few Dragonair. I caught one for the dex and possibly to breed later. I ended up sneezing and missing my prompt to pull... Not sure where I want to try fishing next.

I think I'm going to take my shiny Gastly out of the box and start training it... I really want to see that White Mega Gengar, and with a shiny Honedge already I've decided not to use two ghost types in my eventual shiny playthrough. (Why on earth I'm breeding for a THIRD ghost shiny in a row is beyond me.)

dragon1

Just had a random encounter with a Shiny Drapion in my pokemon X game ^^. The color difference is less noticable in this game, I wouldn't have noticed had I not seen the sparkles... Might post pics tomorrow, if I can.

Typhlox

Typhlosion Trainer
After 159 hordes and 636 Nidorans, I finally found my shiny Nidoran Male! Shiny Nidoking is gonna go great with my Shiny Nidoqueen.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Gotten major shinies since Saturday.

Bergmite
Swirlix
Stunky
Skrelp
Seaking

MMing for Huge Power Bunnelby atm and its holding steady at 480 eggs.

Kaden_Gingerich

They Call Me Nasty
I actually just random encountered a shiny Snubbull. My first shiny in any Pokémon game to date, so I'm pretty excited! The funny thing is is that I was watching some shiny encounter videos on YouTube when it happened O_O

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Gotten major shinies since Saturday.

Bergmite
Swirlix
Stunky
Skrelp
Seaking

MMing for Huge Power Bunnelby atm and its holding steady at 480 eggs.

Sooooo envious of your Bergmite, Congratz!

I have just found Shiny Number 4 (4 in 3 Days!). A Shiny Horsea just appeared whilst CF! I was looking for Clauncher but oh well!

I have, so far, Shiny Magikarp CF, x2 Shiny Lampent RE (Evolved 1), and now a Shiny Horsea CF!

i haven't tried chain fishing yet, but ive been hunting in a friend safari for a shiny snorunt, its been maybe 6 hours and ive had no luck with shiny snorunt BUT i have found a shiny lapras and 2 shiny bergmites in the process which is cool! still hunting for a shiny snorunt tho hehe

radjess331

Reptile Keeper
So my best friend went into the Navy today and left me with a quest to find a shiny Absol... I have never encountered a shiny pokemon in any version. Ive played each version for hundreds of hours.

So I'm attempting doing the MM'd... I have a male Absol and a japanese ditto...
So far I'm about 110 eggs in and nothing.... I sure hope I get one sooner then later. Because it's gonna super suck if it takes me more then a few hundred eggs....egggg

If anyone has one for trade or even if they are willing to clone one for me i'd be gratefull. I don't have any shinies to trade but any pokemon thats available in X i'm willing to trade. Including Xerneas, Zygarde, Zapdos...and if its available in x and i dont have it I'll go get it to be able to trade it for a Shiny Absol.... Want a charmander with charzardite x im fine with trading that too.

Lol I'd appreciate any help or advice :)

oe anyone with an absol friend safari code?

Last edited:

Inori

Hello everybody! Yesterday i got my first shiny ever! A shiny Skarmory, nothing fancy, naive nature, i already EV trained it (252ATK - 252SPE - 4 DEF), but even if i'm excited about it i feel it isn't a very good addition to my team. I was trying to get a shiny gastly with the masuda method but after 160 eggs i got a little bored and stopped doing it. If anyone wants to add me my FC is in my signature (Bug Safari). Any tip on how you endure the quest of getting a shiny would be appreciated xD.

PKMN Trainer Gray

hi guys
reporting all the way from Kanto and here i come with shiny news
i've running around Route 6, just north from Vermillion looking for my next BQ shiny and it's finally over
i mange to find a beautiful shiny Pidgey, is a MODEST girl and i named her Aerith
my main objective was Meowth but i'm pretty happy with Pidgey, i like Pidgeot a lot and shiny looks even better

well since my last post there has been added so many pages of X&Y shinies and *clears throat* shiny hunters... so yeah
good luck [sarcasm tag] and keep the hoarding on

Last edited:

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
Tried my luck at chain fishing today, and I managed to get my first shiny from it, and also my first Kalos shiny, Clawitzer. It was a female with the perfect ability for it, Modest (no synch!), and the nature Mega Launcher.

Still adapting to X/Y's radar, but I'm sure I'll improve in the future. Just like D/P/Pt, the more you use the radar, the better you'll be using it successfully.

EDIT: Just got myself a Shiny Lampent in a Friend Safari while looking for the third pokemon, but unfortunately, he didn't have the hidden ability, Shadow Tag.
He's got a Naughty nature as well.

Last edited:

Luneth777

Shiny Hunter
Got my second shiny from today: A shiny Krabby from teh friend safari. Congrats to all other recent shinies and I wish luck to the other hunters!

icicard

Just got a Fraxure on Y, ironic that it happened 30mins after me giving up shiny hunting. Anyway, it has a good build so :3

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Just found a Shiny Clauncher on X! So happy, my first shiny after 5 years!!! Named him Zoidberg :p or Her cause it's female but I don't care, I got a SHINY! And for those wondering no she isn't for trade. Oh also got her with Chain Fishing doubted this method at first but after only 20 minutes? I am a believer now :p

Well, so far no luck with a shiny Skrelp just yet. Going to take a break from my Y version and SR for shiny Cobalion on my White 2 version(I wanted to get him before X and Y came out, but that didn't happen, lol). Also going to break out my old DS and dual hunt for shiny Piplup in my platinum version :).

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
hi guys
reporting all the way from Kanto and here i come with shiny news
i've running around Route 6, just north from Vermillion looking for my next BQ shiny and it's finally over
i mange to find a beautiful shiny Pidgey, is a MODEST girl and i named her Aerith
my main objective was Meowth but i'm pretty happy with Pidgey, i like Pidgeot a lot and shiny looks even better

well since my last post there has been added so many pages of X&Y shinies and *clears throat* shiny hunters... so yeah
good luck [sarcasm tag] and keep the hoarding on

Lucky. :) Haven't seen any shinies yet other than the ones I've seen on the GTS. Hope to find some though. Maybe my shiny luck will change soon enough.