• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Zenn of Ascension

Pretty much what City of Delusion already said, it just depends on what you are hunting at the moment.

Oh yeah, it would probably be good to put info on the abilities static (increases encounter of electric types) and magnet pull (increases encounter of steel types) on the first post.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Whoo! I've just hatched 33 in my sneasel MM hunt. I probably have a lot more eggs to go even though I do have the shiny charm. I hope to hatch another 50 or so before stopping for a bit.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Since I am now over the odds in my Kyogre hunt, I wonder how many SRs over I will actually go... Will I go over my longest SR hunt (Ho-oh)? Who knows... I sure hope not! I would love to get this thing today and get it before 9,000.... I just want to move on to Rayquaza already!!!

Anyways, I will update my hunt later on tonight (unless I get it sooner!). Happy hunting everyone!

Dangertrout

ok, this thread is getting slightly chaotic.
To minimize the chaos, I will ask any further ideas for the FAQ to be VMd to me. No need to clutter the thread with it all. And I say VM so people can see if their idea has already been suggested on my wall. Keep in mind, the FAQ won't be worked on much until I'm done school, so be patient.
Also, it's great to see everyone's progress, but try to keep it to one update per day (unless you get your shiny after your update :p )

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Don't y'all just hate getting the worst nature for shinies?
Caught myself a Modest Aron... Really, Aron? Modest?

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I once got a random encounter machoke on Platinum when training and it was modest as well, Adalricus. I don't plan to use it but if I did it's nature really sucks.

Also I've hatched 97 eggs for my sneasel hunt. That's 64 hatched today. I plan to keep on hatching many more today.

dan2point5

Another busy day today but still managed to somehow get 300 SR's done. Now at 5,600 and getting a little bored of seeing normal Registeel now!

Good luck folks.

Shiny Lord

3,500 RE at Chargestone cave now. Still hoping that a shiny will come before 4,000 RE but that is unlikely! But you never know.

tyranitarenthusiast

i am working on the story right now so i have postponed my hunts:
SR: kyreum
MM: roggenrola
RE: golett

Blackkyurem

Hi.
I may be a stranger to this thread, but I need a shiny challenge!
Any Duos,Trios,Or Quartets?

TheMaster327

Now up to 4,400 RE's at Virbank Complex, and all I have to show for it is a headache and a swollen thumb... But still, 1,100 encounters today isn't bad!

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
@Zenn of Ascension, really excited for ur BQ, cuz u have awesome shinies so far!

@blackkyurem, u may try the pan-monkeys? they're kinda rare and a trio. also, u cood SR the jellicent off of nuvema town. or finall, last i cood think of, krookorok and chandelure are two of my fave unova shinies. check them on serebii.net itself!

@ShinyLord, U already started another hunt!? I dont know, i think my head might explode if i did another hunt again right after a 16,000! i admire ur hunting skills!

@me, marill is reaaaaaallllyyyy taking a long time. might just finish BlackTower for shiny gible with my OT. quick easy get. but, anyway, lost track at 9,562, i think im around 9,700. ugh. this is too much work! LOL :)

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Its been 400+ RE's for Trubbish or Minccino or Solosis, but nothing yet -_- 5000+ in total of encoutners for White.

10620 SRs for Rayquaza.

Why won't they shine :c nya~

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
shinies of which? ahhhhh...
ill PM u...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm just counting the ones in this thread, since this is where we've been announcing the community hunts. Also because it's tricky to keep track of two threads, and work on an FAQ, and have a job, and go to university and other commitments in life.

Ah, that's true, especially when you stack it all on top of each other like that. :p Though it's nice to have that answer.

10620 SRs for Rayquaza.

Why won't they shine :c nya~

Don't give up on it. I know exactly how you're feeling, from experience, and even if you go a whole month without success, it will shine eventually. It did with me, anyway, so you're not alone.

And wow, I got the Max Boxed medal now, and after counting eggs, I haIve 344 eggs to get through in one batch. :/
Well, time to get hatching. This is going to be a lot of Wooper releasing. I definitely won't be updating for the rest of the day.

Last edited:

AquaCharmander

Shiny Hunter
Wow, congrats on all the recent Shinies! Wish I had that sorta luck =/

Anyways, I'm thinking of MMing again (I've done it a few times successfully), but I'm not sure what to MM for. Are there any suggestions? I kinda want a Pokemon that doesn't take long to hatch from its egg, but I'm not too stuck on that.

Good luck to you guys! :)

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Well no signs of shiny Mandibuzz unfortunately and my hunt on white has passed 10k REs.. which is kinda annoying since my last shiny on that route took only 784 REs (Golduck) So going from that to 10k+ is frustrating, hopefully I don't end up getting one I already have... except I wouldn't mind catching another Altaria.. Anyways something shine soon please!@