• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
I'm speechless right now. I finished EV training Baconator today, and he evolved into Pignite, beat the gym and so I grab a Static Elekid from my B2 game and trade it over in preparation for my next hunt. As you guys may or may not know, I got my first ever purposely hunted random encounter Shiny back in 2011, a Blitzle on Route 3. I EV trained and evolved her but sadly she is on my lost Black game so I lost her :(. So, my next hunt on this BQ was to reclaim her. So I go to Route 3 with my Static Elekid and Baconator, hoping for a short hunt, but willing to go for as long as it took to reclaim her. AND AFTER 21 RE'S!!! I found a Shiny Blitzle! I was listening to music, and editing my Shiny Card and I look down to see that. I swore quite a few times, as this was such a quick hunt! My first Blitzle was female and relaxed nature, and this one, who I named Balios, is male and Hasty natured. Both of them have the same characteristic though, Likes To Thrash About. SOOO freaking happy, and still shaking a bit. I haven't gotten this lucky in a while. More pics:
Blitzle4_zps52b919f7.jpg
Blitzle2_zps5388b2d1.jpg
Blitzle1_zps63111b5f.jpg
Blitzle3_zps7274a24a.jpg
~RaichuArcanine~

Joei7

Yeah im thinking SRíng as i did just come off doing Aerodactyl on MM. Thanks for the imput :D

Charoshi

Charmander is best
No shiny luck the past few days... After all of those at once I guess the world decided to take my back to reality. I've decided to kinda half take a break and play y for a bit. Who knows... maybe luck will be on my side. :) I'll still shiny hunt off and on.. but not hardcore like the past few days.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Well, shortly after posting about my current hunts, one shines! A shiny Fennekin just graced my screen via MM in Pokemon Y. I saved before each egg, so once I found it, I reset and boxed it so that I can send a shiny starter egg of each starter over for my first play through of X. So now on to Chespin, which is what I'm currently SRing for in X. Pictures of Fennekin to come soon. (It looks absolutely amazing in game.)

Quick few questions: What is your opinion, should I keep my shiny Fennekin as a Bracken or Delphox? Second question, would Eviolite work/be effective on Braxien?

Well, good luck on your hunts, and again, have fun in your games!

Edit:Forgot to mention the final egg count. My shiny Fennekin was the 697th hatched egg, so not a super short hunt, but not long either, so I'm happy!

I wouldn't do that! The shiny seed is locked to your secret ID, at least that's how it used to be. You may find yourself hatching a load of normal pokemon if you transfer the shiny eggs

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I'm telling you, Swirlix LOVE you! xD
So...yeah, every time I try hunting, I always feel down about myself every time I see a Pokemon that ISN'T shiny.
With the news that there MIGHT be a Shiny Charm...just MIGHT...I chose to try to get all the Pokemon humanly possible in this game as of now.
But...I really do want to become a legit Shiny Hunter. So, what better way to make myself feel like a Shiny Hunter...and drive myself completely INSANE!

I'm going all the way back, September 9, 2004 [In America], only this time, I'll be SRing a Starter...Number 001.
Yes, that is right, I am going to be playing LeafGreen/FireRed [one I find one in my room that doesn't contain my first ever Nuzlocke file] and I'll be Badge Questing it!...I'm insane.
~Misty

I suppose, but unfortunately for him, I don't love him back. :D

Lol, I already feel sorry for you... if you felt down for not getting a shiny in X/Y, I don't want to know what's going to happen to you in any of the older games.T___T

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations to all the recent shinies! Just since yesterday, there have been quite a few :)

I passed 8,000 SRs for Lugia yesterday, my total now at 8,044. Not quite at the odds yet, but getting there.

Good luck to everyone hunting!

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
So earlier today I found a shiny pink Vanillite while looking for hordes of Smoochum in Frost Cavern. After that, since I had the Super Rod, I went from ocean to ocean, from river to river, to find some Pokemon for my Dex. So I went behind Ambrette Town to look for Relicanth, Seadra, and Clawitzer and one of the Pokemon I happened to find was a shiny bluish Relicanth.

Also last Monday when I got the game, I was looking for Skitty on Route 4 and I found a shiny Budew.

Total X Shinies
: 3

Dangertrout

Well, my game doesn't seem to like me anymore. I've been hatching Voltorb eggs for days with no luck.
I think I'll switch it up; collect a box of eggs and hatch them while REing in various locations.
I'll probably end up with another shiny I don't want by doing this, but what can you do? :p

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Been hunting for 10 hours or so in friend safari, haven't encountered any shiny yet since de pansage whom I accadently ran from. I hope a male Ivysaur will shine for me soon, I won't mind any other shiny pokémon though. Pansage, meh but Quilladin or how you call it should be cool too.

syrrume

Shiny Hunter
I've been randomly encountering in a normal friend safari so i can encounter a shiny eevee, no luck so far apart from my shiny audino, but I've only spent about a few hours a day reing so wish me luck :)

Indeed it was third time lucky! Just last night, at 11:05 PM, I managed to capture a shiny Luvdisc! It, like Vitticepa, my Magikarp, took me 20 minutes.

My Luvdisc is male, with a Timid nature.

My Route 10 Horde hunt hasn't been started, however, as it was raining and Sweet Scent wasn't working.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
So I was hunting in a ghost safari with spiritomb, pumpkaboo, and lampent (going for a spiritomb) but I just recently added a few more people and wanted to see what they got in their safaris. I went into a fairy one and found dedenne and spritzee! I adore dedenne so that is my new hunt! I for my bq, still running in the yellow flowers hoping for absol!

Good luck everyone!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Huzzah, Caught My Shiny Rufflet :D

I also got the nature i wanted, which was Careful... and i didn't even have to use my Sync.

...Yes i caught him inside a Dive Ball, so as to match the lovely Blue Crown and White Feathers that Braviary has. :D

Here's a picture of my fully evolved & EV trained Shiny Krookodile

Here's a picture of my full evolved & EV trained Shiny Malamar

Am now off to EV train my Rufflet in HP/SpDef/Speed... haven't checked out any SpDef Hordes yet, so should be interesting to see what is available... Seems that i'll be horde hunting against Whismur(HP)/Mime Jr(SpDef)/Elektrike & Yanma(Speed)... I could have chosen Lombre for my SpDef horde, but chose Mime Jr, just incase a Shiny Carbink wants to appear in a horde ;)

Last edited:

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
While in the safari looking for a shiny Charmeleon, I get.....a shiny Fletchinder. Decided to give it to my wife since she hasn't found a shiny this gen yet. I'm currently MMing for Gastly, and when I want a break hitting the friend safari. Although this safari shiny was my first, and I've prob spent close to 6 hours or so in there. Good luck all!

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
So I was hunting in a ghost safari with spiritomb, pumpkaboo, and lampent (going for a spiritomb) but I just recently added a few more people and wanted to see what they got in their safaris. I went into a fairy one and found dedenne and spritzee! I adore dedenne so that is my new hunt! I for my bq, still running in the yellow flowers hoping for absol!

Good luck everyone!

Hehe, I think this is my one. The third pokemon should be Flabebe (EDIT: Might be Floette actually. One of that line). Kinda gutted that you can't hunt in your own Safari, I would love a cute little shiny Gen 6 pokemon. :(

Also, am I the only one having problems getting the third pokemon to show? I thought it was to do with the Elite Four but I have about 12 friends on my 3DS - I am pretty sure most of them have beaten the Elite Four and I'm reasonably sure that I've been online at the same time as at least half of them and yet only 1 has all three pokemon available. Is there a privacy setting or something I don't know about? Anyone else had this happen? I want more pokemon to shiny hunt. :(

Also, as I mentioned my boyfriends hunt yesterday I thought I'd mention he managed to finish it this morning with a Shiny Absol. :)

Last edited:

xDWarrior

Forgive me if this has already been asked but has anybody else noticed a rarer chance to find monotone Pokemon? Is this new in X and Y?

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hehe, I think this is my one. The third pokemon should be Flabebe. Kinda gutted that you can't hunt in your own Safari, I would love a cute little shiny Gen 6 pokemon. :(

Also, am I the only one having problems getting the third pokemon to show? I thought it was to do with the Elite Four but I have about 12 friends on my 3DS - I am pretty sure most of them have beaten the Elite Four and I'm reasonably sure that I've been online at the same time as at least half of them and yet only 1 has all three pokemon available. Is there a privacy setting or something I don't know about? Anyone else had this happen? I want more pokemon to shiny hunt. :(

Also, as I mentioned my boyfriends hunt yesterday I thought I'd mention he managed to finish it this morning with a Shiny Absol. :)

I didn't even check who's safari I was running in as I was just running through the ones I haven't been in yet to see who is in there and found dedenne and haven't left yet! :p And I'm so jealous of your boyfriends absol! I hope to get one for my bq now!!

Edit: Yep! I'm in your safari doodle! :)

Edit 2: OMG! I just got it! SHINY DEDENNE in doodleclouds friend safari!! And he has the Pickup ability with a Rash (+Sp Atk, -Sp Def) nature! So happy right now!!

Last edited:

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
I didn't even check who's safari I was running in as I was just running through the ones I haven't been in yet to see who is in there and found dedenne and haven't left yet! :p And I'm so jealous of your boyfriends absol! I hope to get one for my bq now!!

Edit: Yep! I'm in your safari doodle! :)

Oh! And you're showing up on my PSS. That's great, as I've been having problems getting people to show up there as well as having the third pokemon show in Friend Safari. Maybe the third pokemon will also be unlocked now. I'll stay online for a while, hopefully some other people will show up and you might get a Hidden Nature too. ^w^

Now to decide where to shiny hunt next....

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Decided to try my hand at CF for a shiny Skrelp...and somewhere around a 50-streak, I caught one! Impish nature, but I got the shiny Skrelp I wanted. CF does feel kinda cheap, but I don't care, lol.