• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Ugghhhh!! Whilst I've been continuing Soft resetting, I decided to MM on my friend's game as well (because he and the rest of my friends have been waiting for me to start my game so we can all battle and whatnotlol). I've hatched around 200 eggs from yesterday. Well, until I accidentally Soft resetted on the WRONG 3DS and now I have to hatch 90 of them again because you can't release eggs lol.

So now I'm at 3600 SRs and "200" eggs. Atleast I got Pokerus through Wonder trade and I've been handing out Modest Fennekin with Pokerus, along with Huge Power Marill with Belly Drum/Aqua Jet and Gale Wings Fletchling who also have Pokerus. c:

Anyway my friend bumped into a Shiny Female Charmeleon and now has a Shiny Charizard. She's super ecstatic. It was her first shiny. : )

Keep hunting peeps.

Mega-Absol

Elite Four No. 3
Randomly bumped into a Shiny Braixen with her hidden ability. I was hooked on shiny hunting after catching it.

MimiSkitty

Mainly just trying to get entries for my Pokedex but I guess in a way I am also horde hunting for a shiny Spinda. Spinda is too hilarious for this game.

Good luck!! This is a bit OT, but when I used Wonder Trade 2 days ago, some guy from Germany sent me a Spinda called 'I LOVE DRUGS' and I just burst into laughter. The poor thing.

maldoror

I got a shiny Riolu this morning from a friend safari! He is lonely natured with perfect attack, defense and special attack IVs. This is one of my favorite shinies and one that I have hunted multiple times with no success, so I am pretty thrilled. I cannot wait until December when I can transfer my other shinies so he can join my Steel dream team (though it would get destroyed competitively) of Aggron, Metagross, Skarmory, Magnezone, and Scizor.

elorasheppard

Hi Guys, congrats on the recent shinies, I notice it is slowing down a little (I use Cpchris lines of congrats as indication!)

I haven't got any new shinies lately but Ive been mainly levelling up and trying to earn some money for Ultra balls. I miss the Nimbasa sports domes :(

A quick update on my hunts:

Y:Still REing in route 20 (wish I knew the number of encounters.....)
X:1000 eggs for chespin
W:360 eggs for rattata
B2:2000 encounters in pinwheel forest

I only MM on one game at a time so if chespin doesn't shine before November, Ill switch back to rattata for a while.

Good luck hunters.

Btw have I missed next months CH announcement in all the posts? If so, what is it?

WebWailmer

Congrats on the new shiny's everyone! Some of u are working so hard to get the one they want :)

got some new shiny's with CF!

- Magikarp
- Chinchou
- 3x Remoraid (traded one of them)
- Barboach

Is there anyone who can show me a website or something to see what nature and stats are good for which pokemon?
and where can u see that a pokemon has a hidden ability?

Anyway, gl all with the hunt!

Last edited:
I like to just search for the best moveset for the pokemon and I usually get a preferred nature and item as well as the moveset. Theres sometimes multiple options as well which comes in handy!

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Firstly, congrats on all new shinies. Secondly, OMFG, guys! Shiny Pichu just hatched with MM in my Y version after only 109 eggs! He's Modest and Somewhat Vain. I will be naming him Sparky. A while back I decided to get my six favorite pokemon in Shiny Form(except Dragonair instead of Dragonite as Shiny Dragonite is ugly) and I already have Arcanine, so I decided to hatch Pichu, and only 109 eggs later he shone!! I saw him hatch and wasn't sure if he was a darker colour or I was imaging things, but nope he is Shiny! The colour difference is actually very noticeable once you see it for yourself! Wow, I must be on a streak right now! I got Tepig on Saturday, Blitzle on Sunday, and now Pichu two days later!!! My next target will be Ralts with MM on Y, after I EV train this guy =D. Here's more pics of him:
I'll post his IV's once his EV's are done. Sooo happppyyy!!! =D Best of luck guys, let's see if my streak continues!!
~RaichuArcanine~

Vaksa

Shiny Hunter
I've definitely had much more luck in X than I have ever before. I've found exactly one shiny before now- a cascoon- and my efforts to SR or MM have been depressingly fruitless. And I've never been able to use the pokeradar right.

Since getting X, however, I've manached to CF a Clauncher, Seaking, and Luvdisc. I also decided to trade my Zapdos for a shiny Skrelp, since I'm in no hurry to complete the pokedex and Most legendaries are pretty easily accessible to to me.

I'm working on MM with Noibat, at about 120 eggs so far. I don't really mind the tons of useless extra pokemon, because I've been sending them out on Wonder Trade- I figure some of the people giving out hundreds of weedle might actually be early in the game, and would be thrilled to get a Noibat?

Quick question- Is there any easy way to keep track of your RE's for X and Y? Or do I need to keep count manually? I'm hoping to use Friend Safari to find some things at some point, but I'm not quite sure about keeping track. Thanks!

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Ok, I kept hatching Fennekins trying to get a shiny but its not working :(, so I went into the FS and found a Timid Female Braixen with Magician as her ability, so i caught it wil a luxury ball(because they are awesome) and started making more Fennekins, now with a chance at their hidden abilities, and now i have to release like 25 boxes of the ones that didnt work T_T, also I have a question, i got a japanese fennekin, and i evolved it into a braixen so the eggs would be faster,kinda, but now its name is Braixen and not with the Japanese letters, so will it still work for MM, dont want to be doing things wrong.

Keruso

Here, Birdy birdy!!
Ok, I kept hatching Fennekins trying to get a shiny but its not working :(, so I went into the FS and found a Timid Female Braixen with Magician as her ability, so i caught it wil a luxury ball(because they are awesome) and started making more Fennekins, now with a chance at their hidden abilities, and now i have to release like 25 boxes of the ones that didnt work T_T, also I have a question, i got a japanese fennekin, and i evolved it into a braixen so the eggs would be faster,kinda, but now its name is Braixen and not with the Japanese letters, so will it still work for MM, dont want to be doing things wrong.

It only has the English in its name now because you evolved it on an English cart, but the Poke is still Foreign, so yes, it will still work

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
Still going strong with 457 eggs for litleo. I haven't tried chain fishing yet but that might be next.
Congrats on all the shinies!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Oh, guys, I just found a random shiny Golbat in my Emerald whilst training for the Elite Four! This is the same cartridge I got the shiny Gloom on, and I've been playing for the same amount of time, more or less (it has a dead battery), so I probably hit the same seed as before. Ah, well, it's still a nice shiny to have :)

Darkvigil

Finally got my honedge after 307 eggs :) , adamant natured so pretty sweet :D.

Now to hunt either a shiny froakie/protean(unoriginal I know but trying to build a sweet and usable shiny team :D)

Anyone got any recommendations for shinies that are either pseudo-legendary or can be used effectively on the battlefield?

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
ClauncherHatch_zps3a2e08d2.jpg

There it is! Shiny Clauncher after 149 Eggs! It didn't take long to shine at all really. It's my first shiny via MM ever! That has made me pretty ecstatic, and I am happy with it. It's Modest natured (Everstone!) and it has Mega Launcher.

I am even happier that I didn't CF for it, it makes it feel really special to me! Granted some CF shinies are special to others, but I don't care.

Good luck everyone and congratulations on the recent shinies!

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I got shiny Squirtle last night, seems that's the time shinies have decided to shine for me. It was funny though, because I thought there was something wrong with the screen of my 3DS. Then I checked that stat screen for Squirtle and saw that it was shiny. Now I'm hunting hordes in Y and I'm at that ice cave(can't remember the name of it.). After that I think I'll hunt hordes in route 16. I also found out that I now have 35 shinies total(excluding gift and event shinies I have.). So that's basically a little more than one PC box full, and I am very happy with this achievement. Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

Tiny_PL

Jesus! After 2 days of hatching I've managed to get 2 shiny Gastlys. Both timid, second one hatched 4 egss after the first one ^_^ I've never been so lucky <3

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Damn my luck has gone down the drain again :'( After finding 5 shines in 3 days (which is unheard of luck for me) I haven't found one since :'( not even a sniff of one :'(

I'll keep looking though. Between hoping for random luck on y and shiny hunting on x I will keep searching until I find one!! Which will hopefully be soon :(