• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
So I told my boyfriend about my newest shiny luck and I think he's a little jealous of my luck so he's now asked me to MM him a shiny specifically for him. He's asked for a steel type that can't be found in the safari or at least not obtained from the safari so now iv started my hunt.

Just in case he reads this thread I'm not gonna reveal what it is I'm hunting till I get it :) I've only hatched about 10 eggs and I can tell this is gonna take a while since I think I chose something with the longest steps needed to hatch lol.

Hopefully this hunt doesn't take as long as my beldum in black 2 since that took over 3weeks.

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
Wow, so many shines. I am still hatching pumpkaboo. I really want it be my first shiny that MM. Good luck to everyone else.

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone to recent shinies!

Some of you might remember me from the other threads from before, i've been gone for a long time though. >~<
I hope I'm still welcome here.

Anyways... Recently I've MM'd a honedge and a espurr, honedge at around 200 eggs and 463 for the espurr. The espurr was a male though so i'm MMing again for a female. ;u;

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
This is it guys! After my 3 year drought since Heartgold and the Charizard I have received not one, but TWO shinies. I was able to chain fish a Chinchou at Shalour City, and a Relicanth at Cyllage City. Chinchou is Rash with Volt Absorb, and Relicanth is Adamant with Rock Head. Unfortunately this doesn't fulfill the CH requirements, but I am just so happy that I have more shinies now. I will post images when I find the right stuff to upload with. Good luck on all of your hunts.

EDIT: *Sigh* It seems I can't find anything, but oh well there has to be something around here I can use.

Last edited:

MediaKlepto

Playing since 1998
Between last night and this afternoon I managed to fish up 3 shiny Clauncher during my efforts to nab - ironically - 3 shiny Staryu for my husband and a couple of our friends. xD I have the sinking suspicion this will amount to another episode of multi-Skrelp before I even get my hands on a single Staryu. Oh well, at least they're pretty, and I actually WAS intending on fishing one up for myself. The one I kept is the only female thus far, and she has "fantastic" sp.atk and HP. I named her Cheddar Bay, because why not~

I took a break from that for a while to switch back to my Y game and reeled in a shiny Luvdisc just for the sake of having it. xD I've not even looked at it, though I named it Chartreuse.

Pics when I can get my hands on them tomorrow~

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to ace-of-aces on Inkay, Giblie on Froakie, TheMaster327 on Phantump, PKMN Trainer Gray on Caterpie (sort of =\), Kyle Clarthy on Honedge, 1Zekrom on Shinx, ^Cutty^ on Froakie, Pidjiken on Honedge, degausser on Honedge, silver2010 on both Fennekins, dan2point5 on Tyrunt, CuteSylveon on Fennekin, Steak270 on Charmander, LilSno on Larvesta, Bluemiracle on both Goomies, CamelPK on Eevee, TekTek on Noibat, Blastonite on Gastly, Dragon Booster90 on Froakie, KeiLanRan on Charmander, MimiSkitty on Loudred, Kurry on Pansage, Jessara on Tirtouga, CamelPK on Helioptile, Psychic William on Houndour, Flying Ludo on Absol, Heliotrope on Azurill, Monster Guy on Froakie, and everyone else on their shinies!

Thanks for the congrats, ohjeezitskim, PKMN Trainer Gray, and City Of Delusion!

-------------

That sucks about those crashed game cards, murkrow…I’d be devastated to lose my shinies, especially a handful at once =\

-------------

Also, I remember someone posting something about reaching their character limit in their sig (being that this thread’s moving between 5-10 pages/day, I can’t go back and find it). Have you tried using a link shortener for any image links? Something like Google’s (not sure if I can say it here), and all you do is paste the link in and it instantly gives you a new link to the same content. If you have a lot of different URLs, or just really long URLs, it can make a pleasant difference to how many characters are in your sig.

-------------

I didn’t have time to hunt today, but I did a few hundred REs yesterday. Got all caught up and ready to fight the next gym (I think), so now I just have to go after the next shiny…It might be a more annoying hunt, since I’m in the Old Chateau which means I can’t bike, and it might be hard to try to press B to run on that system with one hand and hunt on two other systems, so hopefully Gastly doesn’t give me as much trouble as Shinx.

Mainly wanted to post just to get congrats and the other comments out of the way :x

Good luck, everyone!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
my dear god still working on my mming for my shiny gold keys still no shiny luck :/ like my sig says up to 300 eggs now and no shiny will keep going hopefully i can get this shiny under 1,000 this is starting to get brutal for me since i haven't mm'd since black which my feebas was over 1,000 eggs >.>

After fully investing in it's Attack and Speed stats, I can now happily say that I am the proud owner of a shiny Ursaring with a soon-to-be perfect Attack stat!

I can bearly believe how awesome this is.

It looks like there are quite a few new finds since I was last on here about three or four hours ago! Congratulations to everyone on those captures!

To FairyWitch and to those who are not in such high spirits... keep trying! You'll find the shiny that you are so hoping for! ^.^

Typhlox

Typhlosion Trainer
After not picking up my 3DS all weekend, I decided I'd take a break from studying to play for a bit. I've been having the worst luck in this safari, but finally after 2638 RE, I encountered one of my all time favorite Gen III shinies:

http://imageshack.com/a/img59/8708/39ji.jpg

Here she is! I'm just glad I finally got her (Funny, almost all of my shinies so far this gen have been female). Congrats to those who have gotten shinies recently, and if you haven't, good luck on your current hunts!

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
After a week of constant trading from my black 2 to my white 2, breeding, hatching and evolving, I am now owner of a living dex and shiny charm on my white 2. Living dex is for X&Y.

I now got the Shiny Charm on black 2 and white 2. So I'll be Dual SRing for legendaries now. I'm going to start at Terrakion! While at it, I am still horde battling on route 12 for a mareep on my X&Y.

Can't wait to start after school. About 180 SRs per our if you count the SRs together, 10 hours = 1.8k SR's, so I'll hope I get it with about 5 hours a day.

Last edited:

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Are you serious Eevee still hasn't shone for me in the Friend Safari after like a week are you serious. ;_;

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Are you serious Eevee still hasn't shone for me in the Friend Safari after like a week are you serious. ;_;

My shiny Lapras took 5 days, and I found 2 Snover and a Bergmite before it. Don't give up.

My new shiny Lillipup is Adamant, so I'll probably keep this one.

Got me a new target in Charmeleon, as well as Ponyta and Braixen. Also have me a Gyarados/Frogadier safari too. I think I'm gonna be quite busy.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I found my shiny trapinch! and after only 40mins of searching ^.^ so happy I've now got the last member of my team!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Shiny #9 appeared in the very same Normal Typed Friend Safari last night, just after i finished EV training the 8th Shiny... It was slightly annoying, simply because this one has Scrappy, which is a much better ability.

Shiny Loudred #3... So that's 3 Shiny Dunsparse, 3 Shiny Eevee & 3 Shiny Loudred now.

I'm going to take a break from this FS and go after some other FS Pokemon that i would really like to own as Shiny. Namely, Ivysaur, Wartortle and a fair few Fairy Typed Pokemon

[img139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/HNI_0034_zps1e629eb3.jpg[/img139]

Also EV trained my Triple Flawless Shiny Loudred, and its now a Shiny Exploud.

[img139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/HNI_0033_zps93cb6e57.jpg[/img139]

EDIT: Shiny Oddish in under 10 RE's.

[img139]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/HNI_0035_zps04fa885f.jpg[/img139]

Dex = http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/HNI_0036_zps29a8db48.jpg
Summary = http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn62/kirkeastment/HNI_0037_zps5e6011c7.jpg

He's brave natured, so +Atk -Speed... 31 IV for HP/Def.. and a not too shabby 20-23 for Attack. So since it's a +Atk nature, he will make a great Bellossom. I've gone for Bellossom over Vileplume, because Bellossom has access to Leaf Blade & Petal Blizzard. Will go for a 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def EV spread.

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
After fully investing in it's Attack and Speed stats, I can now happily say that I am the proud owner of a shiny Ursaring with a soon-to-be perfect Attack stat!

I can bearly believe how awesome this is.

It looks like there are quite a few new finds since I was last on here about three or four hours ago! Congratulations to everyone on those captures!

To FairyWitch and to those who are not in such high spirits... keep trying! You'll find the shiny that you are so hoping for! ^.^

hahaha thanks its not that i don't have i spirits just i have horrible luck after shiny hunting after platinum version im sure ill get it just im so use to getting it really quickly from my older games...

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
I found my shiny trapinch! and after only 40mins of searching ^.^ so happy I've now got the last member of my team!

Gahh, I want one eventually. Good job!

Today brought me shiny Snover and Combee. Combee is male.

MixBee Set
Combee (named Skoolbuzz)
Nature: Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
IVs: x/x/31/31/x/31
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Trait: Hustle
Item: Eviolite
- Bug Bite
- Bug Buzz
- Gust
- Sweet Scent

I'm EV training it to be a mixed sweeper to counter teams with Mega Gengar. The STAB Bug Buzz or Bug Bite + Hustle will give me a reliable 300HKO while Gust will provide good coverage against Fighting types. Its last slot is filled with Sweet Scent to make up for the decrease in accuracy that Hustle gives me. Eviolite will provide much needed help in the defensive stats, allowing me to survive the likes of Splash, 1HKO moves that miss, and Helping Hand in Single Battles. Sassy nature is chosen to give it a boost in Special Defense at the cost of the useless stat known as Speed. Nevermind that it is its best stat.

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
well after roughly ~3.500 RE's for Spiritomb in the FS I will take a break and complete my Kalos pokedex for the oval charm. After that I will go back and take the blue spiritstone

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Hatch run #6 (the last one I called #4 when it was actually #5... oops) has just ended. I am up to 2,220 eggs for electrike and so far all of them have hatched green. Once I get rid of all these green ones, then I'm back to Route 3 to collect eggs for run #7.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Decided to evolve my shiny Bergmite and Lillipup, they may be put into my battle fleet soon.

Still looking for shiny Ponyta/Charmeleon/Braixen.