• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Ginji

Hmm
After 475 horde RE on Route 21 found a shiny spinda and then at 485 horde RE I found a shiny swablu. Then I found a shiny frogadier in one of my water FS. Now looking for a growlithe or charmeleon. Still trying to find a shiny noibat though T T

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

Still no luck for me with hatching a Shiny Zorua. Been 2 days now. Oh well, at least I now have the Hatching O-Power at Lv2 to speed things up. Hoping I get it today so I can move on to something else. The parents are now Lv100 (went in at about 70) and Lv75 (went in at 1) so it's definitely been a long hunt so far.

Also how do you get the Oval Charm? Do you have to have obtained all the Kalos Pokemon or just have seen them?

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Jessara

Shiny Hunter
I wasn't expecting to be back here, posting again so soon but I have another new shiny to share that appeared on my Pokemon X about 30 minutes ago :D It pretty much made my heart jump when I saw her appear on the screen and heard the sparkle. This is just unbelievable, getting another shiny like this so fast after my shiny Tirtouga, this has only happened once before to me.

After getting Reef trained I did some exploring, checking out routes 12 and 13. Since the game wouldn't let me go beyond 13 without the 4th badge, I settled on REing in the yellow flowers on Route 12. I was hoping to find myself a shiny Miltank. After 8 hours of REing, this cute shiny appeared:

[IMG139]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/Anakari/My%20Shinies/photo40_zps1fae33db.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/Anakari/My%20Shinies/photo41_zps130d7d15.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/Anakari/My%20Shinies/photo43_zpsa3785747.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/Anakari/My%20Shinies/photo42_zps64d55273.jpg[/IMG139]

This is just really cool that my 4th Badge Quest shiny has appeared so fast, I'm halfway there now. Better get back to it gotta train her :)

Congrats to all who've gotten shinies since yesterday and good luck!

Last edited:

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Can't be long now Cy, channeling my luck to you!

I just found a shiny Dragonair in my friend's safari, she has'nt beaten the game yet so it was either Dragonair or Fraxure. Very glad it was Dragonair. IV checker said her SAtt and Spd are max, hope the rest won't be too horrible.

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
Well, I officially started my first ever Masuda Method attempt. Trying to get a Shiny Goomy, that hopefully has Gooey. I'm currently on 100 eggs hatched with 60 in my pc box, no luck just yet, but it's early days.

Anyway, I got even more success with the friend safari today with 2 shinies within 2 hours! That brings my total shiny count from the Friend Safari alone to 9!!!! It's getting a bit ridiculous.
I got another shiny female Gabite in the Dragon Safari and a freaking shiny female Ninetales with Drought in that elusive fire safari I have spent about 20 hours looking for a Ponyta in!!!! I can't control my excitement, I have always wanted that beautiful silver shiny ever since I discovered its existence, but never thought I would ever own one, let alone catch one myself. Having the drought ability is just the cherry on top.

[IMG300]http://i44.*******.com/x3e1on.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i44.*******.com/2rzdt6t.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i43.*******.com/whgymq.jpg[/IMG300]

It has a careful nature and Max IV's in Sp. Def and Spd with 0 Sp. Att, so I will use her for a weather team in Triple battles and use her for drought and activating flash fire on a Chandelure.

As always, congratulations to everyone on their latest shinies.

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone! Been seeing some awesome luck lately. ;D

I've put my second Espurr MM on hold for now to RE for a shiny Ponyta in the FS.
Had a few hundred encounters now and no shiny yet~
The other pokemon in the safari are Charmeleon and Braixen so I wouldnt mind if i get a shiny of those either.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
O-o Shiny Ninetails, so jealous.

CapitalX

I don't know whatsup but since I got my pokemon X my total shinies I ever got went up from 2 till 5. And one of them was the red gyarados haha.

The first was a shiny swablu when I was training my pokemons. And later I found a shiny altaria in the sAme area. After some days I found a shiny skorupi.

But I'm really happy with it!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Don't know whether or not I will continue hatching eggs yet. I'm debating whether or not to start chain fishing for my double Poliwhirls or not.

EDIT: Forgot to mention congratulations to Jessara, Artnerd, Ginji, an to City of Delusion for the epic Honedge. Good luck on your hunts everyone.

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
YESS! After 1177 eggs shiny Honedge hatches!

Glad I finally got this! Sadly it IVs didn't turn out as great but its such a cool shiny so I don't really care xD! I'm gonna take a break from hunting to EV train her and then camp at the Battle Maison so I can get the Ability Capsule for my shiny Hawlucha.

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone!

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Wow love shiny ninetails :) anyway time for another day of hatching my eggs hopefully ill get this shiny this week since I want to give it to my boyfriend :D

Before x and y I only had a few shinies a geodude that I lost when my diamond card got corrupted and a beldum I MM for. Other than those everything else was given to me in game or from events and now I have almost 4 rows of shinnies.

I do love my shiny mega gengar and my shiny volcarona got them up to level 100 and ev trained them and now I have my perfect shiny marill to add to my team once iv gotten my boyfriend this shiny. I might consider making an all shiny team but I think that would be showing off too much lol :D. ( idk why but I'm in such a good mood today lol)

Ill post pictures if I manage to get my shiny or any shiny today and good luck to everyone on their hunts

Edit- Omg shiny honedge want one soo bad but I know if I go for one ill have to get my boyfriend one aswell lol

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Congrats to all recent shinies. Over 1000 for that Honedge? Damn... mine only took 210 eggs.

The CRAZIEST thing happened last night. After about 1000 encounters in the FS nothing was happening. I knew I was getting close to finding another shiny. I was trying to RE another Shiny Noibat because I cannot use the adamant one for competitive xD

So yeah after wanting to give up (over 1000 RE'S) or maybe it was 800-900... I am not sure.

I exited the friend safari and stayed at the pc for 5 mins or so. Guess what happens when I got back in? 3 encounters later and still nothing! Next encounter..... the shiny Noibat appears and I jump! Talk about luck or what?

Synch actually worked this time. Got the nature I wanted (modest) and oh my god it had 31 ivs in hp, sp attack, and speed. He is currently a fully trained Noivern atm.

I will post both pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/AA5x3E3.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/66SQaaJ.jpg?1

This means I dont have to MM it ^^

Good luck to all! I hope you get that golden key, fairywitch =)

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
So far I haven't found a Shiny since Charmeleon. But I hope to soon find one. Right now I'm trying to find a shiny Noibat then I'm going to get back on my hunt for shiny Ponyta or Braxien or another Charmeleon.

Hopefully I will get Noibat soon. Last night I spent maybe 3 hours looking and found no shiny. And hopefully synch will work and I get a Timid one. And once I get rid of all my extra Froakies, I'm going to start MM for a Timid shiny Charmander with Dragon Pulse.

Last edited:

Tina

Boy Skylark
Found a shiny ponyta! : D
Phew... I was JUST about to sleep, it was exactly 11PM for me.

It has x/31/x/31/0/x with a neutral nature and no HA.
Not sure if it was worth the 3+ hours I spend farming the safari, but it will make a friend very happy tomorrow at school.

Anyways.. Back to MMing Espurr~

Last edited:

Harlequinn

Rainbow Trainer
Got a Shiny Skiddo via Pokeradar two days ago in Pokemon Y! Really happy! My first technical 'encounter' with a shiny!

master of murkrow

Shiny Hunter
It was a sad day when the four pokemon originated from sinnoh were reported deceased. They were no normal pokemon, they were special. In both colour and power they were different from other pokemon of their species, and that was the reason I loved them. These four pokemon were called by their original names: Torterra, Roserade, Rampardos and Drifblim. They won many battles, travelled many miles and went on the greatest adventures with their trainer. Togheter they stopped Team Galactic, and battled the 3 Legendary pokemon and tracked down the Legendary lake Trio. But all of these things were brought to an end when faith took a turn on them. They were caught by a mysterious wave of power, and they paid the ultimate prize. In order to guide their spirits to a safe haven the trainer went to a distant region to find a pokemon that was rumored to hold 108 spirits in a odd keystone. The pokemons name was Spiritomb. The trainer looked for a special Spiritomb, one that shared a common fact with his lost pokemon. A different colour. He travelled far and wide, unti he had found a blue shadow in the mist. It was him....

How do I know all this? Because that trainer was me, and I finally found the final resting place for my lost shiny pokemon. One that is worth of the spirits of shiny Torterra, Roserade, Rampardos and Drifblim. I have found the resting place they deserve.

A shiny Spiritomb.

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/IMG_0254_zpsea796449.jpg
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/dkops1/IMG_0256_zps46b84bf1.jpg

After 3.606 RE's I have caught the blue spirit keeper in honor of my lost shiny pokemon. Spiritomb.

EDIT: It has 31 IV in HP,Defense,Sp. Attack AND Sp. Defense!

Last edited:

Artnerd

Insane Artist
Grats Master of Murkrow!
Will you give it a special nickname as tribute as well?

ScrappyPancham

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this (apologies if it's not) but I have 4 shiny Meditite's for trade if anyone is interested. :) 2 males and 2 females, all with Pure Power and all level 30. Found while hunting for a shiny Pancham in the friend safari. I'm hoping to trade for any Kalos shiny Pokemon. PM if interested. :)

Martinzqx

I can not believe it! Shortest Masuda method hunt I have ever had! I bred a tyrantrum with head smash with a female aron and after ONLY 21 eggs, a shiny pops out with the ability I was hoping for, rock head, and a careful nature (not the nature I wanted, but as long as it does not decrease defense or attack...I was happy with it)!!!! It is now a level 42 aggron! Way stoked=]

Psychic William

Power training
still on the hunt for mming Eevee and Miccino , will report in if i have any success