• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Long time no update, only new shiny to report is Durant, which, in all honesty, SUCKS.

It brings up shiny #9 in X though. #10 still eludes me.

Congrats to all obtained shinies and good luck to all current shiny hunts.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

I am now the proud, and somewhat annoyed, owner of a Lv100 Timid Zorua with 31/X/31/31/31/31 IVs and no shiny to show for it *sigh*. Still have boxes 10-23 filled with eggs so hopefully at least 1 shiny is in them. I want to move on to something else as well as breed some competitive Pokemon to use in the Battle Maison with my friend. Also found out that I'd hatched 3295 eggs total which is actually less than I thought but I'm sure more than half are Zorua eggs.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Just to add some feedback on MM. I tried MM'ing in previous games. I even had the shiny charm in gen 5 and I would MM a little bit and never hatched a shiny.

In X, I MM'd only once so far and got a shiny Froakie in 33 eggs. Now I know I was very unlucky in older gens for sure and I have no idea of the odds in X but I'm just adding my experience so far as 33 eggs is ridiculously low for a first time attempt.

Artnerd

Insane Artist
@ post above. I got my MM shiny in 30 eggs as well, but I'm pretty sure we've just been very lucky. I saw people go into 4k in X/Y.

I just got my 2 dittos back (together they have all 6 IVs) I'm going to try and make a perfect Honedge. The problem is that I still haven't found a 5IV mineral egg group foreign male, for MM, so I'll probably go for Ralts first, since I have multiple 5IV JPN Gastlies already. Also found a perfect 5IV Foreign Riolu in wondertrade.

Now that I've discovered how easy it is to get max IVs I don't want to catch shinies any other way really, cause the shinies I've caught instead of hatched all have horrible IVs.. I don't just want them to be pretty, I want them to be useful too.

Last edited:

ZoRk

Lavizz~
My first attempt at MMing in gen 6 was a phantumb with my jap ditto, it was my first successful MM ever i failed in older gens, it took me 90 eggs for my shiny phantumb to hatch.

TheShinyMedicham

Grass Trainer
I just got my first non-hunted shiny, a Gulpin :D
I was chaining Furfrou and when it broke I went to stock up on Repel. As I was walking Repel wore off and this guy appeared! ;316;

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Silver fluffball #1 at 289 eggs!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6053_zpse138e116.jpg[/IMG139]

Male (of course), Serious nature. I'm holding off naming it until I hatch another one and see which of the two would make a better vaporeon or umbreon. Serious is... neutral, I believe.

EDIT: Silver fluffball #2 hatched at egg 302. This one has a Naughty nature. Looks like my luck with hatching shiny pokemon in pairs is still holding...

So, my question is this...

I have two shiny eevee, one Serious (neutral) and one Naughty (+ATK, -SP.DEF). Which of the two would make the better Umbreon?

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Silver fluffball #1 at 289 eggs!

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6053_zpse138e116.jpg[/IMG139]

Male (of course), Serious nature. I'm holding off naming it until I hatch another one and see which of the two would make a better vaporeon or umbreon. Serious is... neutral, I believe.

EDIT: Silver fluffball #2 hatched at egg 302. This one has a Naughty nature. Looks like my luck with hatching shiny pokemon in pairs is still holding...

So, my question is this...

I have two shiny eevee, one Serious (neutral) and one Naughty (+ATK, -SP.DEF). Which of the two would make the better Umbreon?

Congrats on the 2 Eevee. I might try for one myself.

As for the Umbreon I'd go for the Serious one as Umbreon's best stat is its Special Defence and lowering it isn't a good idea. I also don't think Umbreon's attack is that great to begin with so boosting it doesn't really make sense to me.

Hope this helps.

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats everyone on their new shinies! :)
Goodluck to those still hunting!

And Cyberra, I agree with Greedy Chibi, Umbreon is best used as a wall, a Defense/Sp. Defense lowering nature isnt very good. Neither Umbreon nor Vaporeon uses their Attack stat much, so whichever nature that doesn't lower a important stat is the way to go.

Anyways... After finishing my two shiny Venipede MM, I decided to RE in the safari and try hoards again, to no luck at all however. So I'm MMing for a shiny Zorua now (my favorite pokemon @u@).
My german friend helped me breed a 5IV parent from mines so I dont have to go searching for one, at about one box filled now, wish me luck!

Azienskieth

Hooked on Pokémon
Congrats, Cyberra! Spread some of that luck around, will you?

No news on my end of the shiny spectrum, other than that I'm changing my target from Litwick to Froakie, which I'll be giving to a friend for Christmas.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Congrats, Cyberra! Spread some of that luck around, will you?

I don't even know what to call this kind of luck. That's the third time in a row I've hatched twin shinies. On my last three hunts, I've gotten pairs of electrike, vulpix, and now eevee, and the last two have been short hunts. It's starting to weird me out.

Taking a break from MMing for a bit now. Gonna go hit the inner Giant Chasm and see if I can scare up a shiny ditto. It's very likely going to to take me forever and a day. Ditto, however, is one of the few shinies I can't breed, so the only choice is to RE it. Gonna need all the luck I can get to tackle this one.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
After only 213 eggs shiny Phantump hatches!

Anddd it has the right ability, harvest! 4 max IVs in Hp, Atk, Def, and Speed! So I'm definitely pleased with this shiny. I'm really loving MMing this gen since its way easier to get nice IVs on shinies compared to how it was last gen. I wanna do a RE hunt, but I think I'll do one more MM hunt before then. MMing is just so attractive this gen, its like, seducing me with high IV'd shinies and quick-ish hunts that I just can't resist. *cough* But yea, Helioptile is next >.>

Gratz on the recent shinies everyone!

Scrufox86

Oh wow! Ok so after MMing a little after my failed attempt at Chain fishing Corphish/Carvanha or Dratini I hatch a shiny Helioptile on egg 40! (well 40 Heliptile eggs as I was doing my thing by getting three eggs from the box and two fresh eggs from daycare man which were Phantump eggs) And so that means Community Hunt Complete X6!

I am still going to hatch eggs, I think I will leave the remaining Heliptile eggs and return to them after I have hatched my other pokemon eggs. I have not had any luck in friend safari I spent almost two hours yesterday in one friend safari with no shiny appearance and later on I spent another hour in a different safari and still nothing... So I would really like the evidence that there is a supposed increased shiny rate in there. Oh well I will hatch all these boxes of eggs and then try again sometime.

Congratulations to all new shinies and good luck to all shiny hunters.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Realised this, 5 days ago I caught a shiny bunnelby for my badge quest, which actually means that I completed a community hunt.

Lol ;p

Still REíng in route 6 in my X, Think i'm closing in to go over the odds 3 times. lol

Edit: Community hunt x2 completed!

Ok so I went to bed because I'm feeling sick, I thought lets hunt a little and start recording for fun on my smartphone. A live shiny Honedge O_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Iic8c3xto

It appears at around 4:00

Edit2: No one died yet during this badge quest nuzlocke, pelipper pretty much sweeped trough the 3rd gym.

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Gray

well... yesterday i found my first shiny on my Pokémon Y -yellow flower shiny Flabébé-, without even looking for it
today just as i write this my Venusaur is confronting a shiny Heatmor -love his black and red pallet- i was just leveling up Venusaur when this gorgeous flame ant-eater appeared infront of me
i'm happy that it appeared when it did, a few min before and it might have been one of those FC pokémon
so yeah, second shiny on my Pokémon Y first playthrough and i haven't even gotten to the eight badge...
GOTCHA!, shiny Heatmor is mine

good luck with whatever

Hahaha, wow, grats everyone. :)

Well, I'm happy to let you know guys that I'm also in the Gulpin bandwagon. I caught one yesterday while trying Sweet Scent for hordes. XD

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I got BQ #3 in 987 HHs(4935 seen) on Saturday. It is a shiny Nosepass! Not really my target, but I'm still happy with it. It's a male (which is nice), and It's got Magnet pull (not so great). I'm now hunting for BQ#4 for Zubat through HHing now, before I head out towards badge number 3. Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

MYNISTA

In Christ
Was in the Friend Safari last night (steel) hunting for an Impish/Prankster Klefki (using my synchronize Impish Ralts)...and up pops "GoldenEye!" He has has the Prankster ability and an Impish nature just like I wanted! Looking forward to training him up today...He's gonna lead my team into many victories! He has two perfect IVs.

[img300]http://31.media.tumblr.com/d3d3689d789593ff844c1feca915cfc9/tumblr_mwttzgWfPO1s4x0zvo1_400.png[/img300]

Last edited:
And it just keeps going... Just caught a shiny Swablu in a horde encounter, so that makes it 4/6 for shiny team. Now I just need a shiny fire pokemon and I'm thinking os MMing Eevee for either shiny Espeon or shiny Sylveon, and that would make my team. :)

karl3550

Squirtle! that's it
I've only captured one shiny pokemon yet. It was a zubat... And now it's a golbat.(i hate the shiny colors on zubat and golbat but crobat looks quite cool)