• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Arkygi

Wow, okay, I'm definetely on a lucky streak.
On my 3rd egg I got a shiny Ralts!!!
But, obviously, it's male...
But still I'm very happy
I'll keep trying! And have a lovely shiny couple :)

TheMaster327

Well, got me a shiny Tranquill after 2,476 REs in the Safari!

[img139]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u440/TheMaster327/Snapshot_20131209_zpsa00b1100.jpg[/img139]

Brave, with Rivalry. IVs: 20, 21, 22 / 0, 1, 2 / 6 - 9 / 31 / 14 / 31

Good thing Cute Charm worked.

L-Knight

The Mega Blastoise
A couple of days ago, I received a 5IV Japanese Larvesta from a wonder trade, so I decided to postpone my Litwick hunt, mainly because I have decided I want heatwave as an egg move and need to wait till Pokebank, (That and I got tired of it :p).
So I decided I would try and get another dragon shiny instead and after only 105 eggs, I am now the proud of a beautiful shiny Trapinch!

[IMG300]http://i42.*******.com/2jd5bfp.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i39.*******.com/2821irq.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i41.*******.com/9080b7.jpg[/IMG300][IMG300]http://i40.*******.com/o8xpns.jpg[/IMG300]

It's Male with Adamant nature (Thank god for 100% inheritance everstone) with Hyper Cutter for ability. That's not really an issue, as it will have levitate soon anyway :D
He has "Relatively Superior" potential, with calculated IVs as 22/31/31/0-2/31/31! I am so very happy, 105 eggs and almost perfect :D
I have already EV trained him and about to begin leveling him into Flygon. So that is another beautiful green Dragon for me :D (as if it wasn't green before).

Now all I need is Druddigon to complete the collection. I think it might be my next goal and I might just RE in victory road again for it, considering how quickly my CH went with Graveler.

Also found a shiny male Snorunt in a new Safrari, which is kinda neat i 'spose :D

As usual, congratulations to all those who have found their shinies and good luck to those still hard at it.
shiny flygons blue and yellow not green

Artnerd

Insane Artist
At about 300 SRs now for a shiny starter in X. Not giving up just yet, but darn the dialogue is annoying.. I think it takes about 50sec per SR?
I will definitely not try for a shiny G1 starter later on... That would just be madness!

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
*Insert Random Sound Of Happiness Here* GUYS! I haven't done a update on the shiny pokemon Ive gotten lately but I actually ran into an awesome bunch this couple of weeks and I even got my first holiday shiny!

On Thanksgiving while recovering from the massive amount of food I ate A gorgeous female Spoink crossed my screen All I saw was her black pearl and pink color and I squealed xDD
I read this as "... I ate a gorgeous female spoink..."
hahahah.
Congrats on all the sparkles... my good luck tends to come in bursts, punctuated by dry spells.

Alright, for me, I save right before talking to the Breeder man [after the first Egg, of course, because that is always a set Pokemon] I ride back and forth on my bike, and after 5 eggs, I fly to the center of Lumiose City, and spin until all eggs hatch. If nothing shines, I turn of the game, and try again.
All I use [right now] is Flame Body, but I am working on getting the other Oval Charm and Hatching O-Power.

Oh, ehm...Congratulations to everyone and your beautiful shinies~
Nothing over here, but I haven't been playing that long anyways. I am juggling what I want to do, too. Fish Chaining, Horde battles, hatching eggs...I need to pick something and stick with it...I think.
Anyways, I am also wanting to start that Badge Quest I was speaking of before, but because my Leafgreen holds my Nuzlocke, and I have no way of trading over my team at the moment...I think I am going to do the Quest...on my Diamond version instead.
I just...I don't know which starter to try for. I mean, I will most likely go with Piplup.
Well...I'll figure something out.

The Shiny Eevee has been named. Marin. I don't think I'll train him, considering I'll never evolve him, but again...I'll figure something out. xD

Again, congratulations on the Shiny Pokemon, and I hope you all have a fantastic day.
~Misty​
I wouldn't have a great desire to evolve a shiny Eevee, either. I think shiny Eevee is far superior to the shiny options in its evolutions, though Umbreon does look nice with the blue bands and big yellow peepers.

--
Mkay, I very much desired a shiny Scizor as it would fit very well in the color theme of my all insectoid/invertebrate team, so I began the hunt a couple of days ago. Chaining went terribly; it took about 10 chain breaks before a shiny patch randomly appeared after only 12 encounters. Needless to say, the IV's were horrid, the nature was horrid. I kept it up until at last I successfully completed 40. This shiny scyther had an acceptable defense-increasing nature, and 3 perfect IV's... I am quite pleased. I look forward to playing with this guy in the future.

The first scyther's stats are abysmal (attack IV of 0, lol), but hey, it sparkles. If anyone has a FS with whirlipede, I'd happily exchange this sparkly but useless scyther for it. :I

MDS777

The name's Riley
Whats the best way to MM? What I typically do for breeding is fill my party with 5 go up and down route 7 till they hatch then start again right now im MMing and IV breeding iv got a 5V Eevee im using and a 3V Jp Eevee and im using the same method only im going to get the IV's checked each time (Im going for two Eevee a Shiny Eevee and a Shiny Umbreon) so far iv only hatched about 20 eggs before I started MMing however while I was getting the 5V Eevee I got a Shiny Eevee lol however its characteristic is not to my liking and it's IV's arn't either (im still keeping it however it's my first Shiny Eevee ever)

So is there a faster way?
I do it the same way as you. I use my bicycle along Route 7, Camphrier Town, and Route 5. Once I grab five eggs from the day-care man, I use the egg hatching O-Power. Once they're all hatched, I place the five that hatched in the box and start again. Obviously I use Flame Body too. ;)

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Caught a shiny Geodude a while ago. Anybody interested?

While someone here might be interested, I'm sure you'll have much better luck in the Shiny Trading Thread.

While I'm here, I'd like to make a progress update, but my calculator is dead and I therefore don't want to count SR's on Kyurem. I got some SR's in, but I can't say I know how many. My guess would put me at around 300? I don't know, but I'll just keep at it later, after finals, probably.

maldoror

It's been a pretty lucky day for me with shinies. I found a Tangela, Oddish, and Meditite in FS so far today. Currently hunting Mienfoo while hoping to no get a second Pancham.

MercyMe

Okay so due to my most recent success with the 36 SR Shiny Totodile, I decided to start other SR shiny starters. I can't take on one project because I'll just end up getting bored. I HAVE to switch it up every now and again.

So this is where I stand:

125 SR on Treeko (Emerald) Planning on getting to 250 before the day is over.
125 SR on Oshawott (White)
Started SR on Squirtle (Leafgreen) Planning on getting to 250.
Snivy (White 2)
Piplup (Platinum)
Chespin (Y)

I love resetting in Emerald and Leafgreen. Little to no dialogue. :) I can easily get 2 SR in one minute. I kind of already hate SR in White. >_> I can only imagine how White 2 and Y is going to be.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I just found another shiny Poliwhirl in 98 chains chain fishing! I was actually hunting for Dragonair, but a shiny is a shiny. I'll evolve this Poliwhirl into a Poliwrath!

SneakyGinger

I finally remembered to get the poke radar last night. I was trying to do the daily chain he gave me for Furfrou which is the first I wanted anyway. Just broke an Abra chain with a pesky Gulpin when I took 2 non radar steps and bam, female Shiny Furfrou! Now to get her that Dandy trim >.<

Shiny Lord

Just found another shiny in the Friend Safari. This time a shiny Larvesta!

#636 Larvesta [Docile]
IVs: 30, 31 / 31 / 10 - 13 / 20 - 23 / 14, 15, 16 / 10 - 13
Stats at Lv.30: 82|0 / 65|0 / 41|0 / 41|0 / 42|0 / 44|0

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion

Community Hunt Complete!

After only 3,420 REs, this beauty of a shiny showed up on my White 2! I settled down a little as I realised it had Dragon Tail, but it doesn't work against higher levelled opponents, so I switched my Watchog out to my Lucario and I began tossing balls, weakening it with Quick Attacks. Eventually, my Premier Balls ran out, but the very first Luxury Ball caught her! She has a neat Sassy nature, but her IVs?

Druddigon - #621 (Sassy) : 3 - 4 / 17 - 18 / 4 - 5 / 18 - 19 / 18 - 19 / 7 - 8

Not so great. But still, she's an amazing shiny!

Congrats on the recent shinies, and good luck to you all!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Congrats Regi! ^

Tonight when I get home from work i'll upload a vid of me evolving my newly obtained Shiny Poliwhirl for anyone that cares...I gotta take off for work right now good luck to everyone on their hunts.

May the force be with you ;)

Jonah White

Shiny Hunter/Trainer
AAAAAAAH! MY SHINY DROUGHT HAS FINALLY ENDED!!!!!
I know its only a shiny magikarp, but I haven't been able to get a single shiny
since plusle! No matter what I tried or how long I tried for, it NEVER happened..
BUT TODAY THE SHINE IS WITH ME AGAIN! HAHAHA!

(sorry for the crazy rant ^-^)

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Okay so due to my most recent success with the 36 SR Shiny Totodile, I decided to start other SR shiny starters. I can't take on one project because I'll just end up getting bored. I HAVE to switch it up every now and again.

So this is where I stand:

125 SR on Treeko (Emerald) Planning on getting to 250 before the day is over.
125 SR on Oshawott (White)
Started SR on Squirtle (Leafgreen) Planning on getting to 250.
Snivy (White 2)
Piplup (Platinum)
Chespin (Y)

I love resetting in Emerald and Leafgreen. Little to no dialogue. :) I can easily get 2 SR in one minute. I kind of already hate SR in White. >_> I can only imagine how White 2 and Y is going to be.

Are you changing save files every 50 SR's or so in Emerald?