• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I have to admit that this latest hunt has been the most challenging for me and not because I can't find any shinies....

I'm pretty sure I'm up to 2 weeks on this hunt for shiny Charmeleon. In the process I have travailed between two different safaris and have captured 3 shiny magmar, 2 shiny Pansear and a shiny Braixen. However, I do plan to keep going since I know that gold chameleon is as good as mine.

And last but not least, congrats on all the shinies everyone. Keep up the good work. :)

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hahaha. I FINALLY got my 6th BQ shiny from route 14. Of all things, it was Stunfisk. I couldn't do anything but laugh. At least I can move on from this route and continue my quest. It has a bold nature (+def, -atk) and I nicknamed him Derpinator.

Happy hunting everyone and Thank you to everyone who congratulated me on my baby girl! :)

Last edited:

blastaero

Thanks, I highly doubt I'll try again for a horsea. I wanted a shiny shellder but apparently was over the border of route 8 and Amb. town, so I just rode it out and ended up with the two shiny Skrelp, which are cool looking dudes.

Neriifur

Atticus has been born. My future Umbreon!

[img139]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102586847/Pokemon/atticus.png[/img139]

Pluski

It's been a while since the last time I went chain fishing, so today I decided that I would try once again for a third shiny Clamperl. I've tried four times after getting the second one, but each time I got a Remoraid instead. I finally got the Clamperl, after a chain of 120-something. Now, I can finally evolve the other two!

I decided to go for a shiny Barboach and found one after a chain of 46~
I'm kinda glad it wasn't a poliwhirl. I wouldn't complain though, I already have one that's gonna be a politoed but if I'd have a second one I'd get both evolutions in their shiny forms.

Laurelai

(Sorry for the double page post but I gots newses!)

Evil genie in my cartridge is apparently trying to keep his cover :D I just hatched a shiny Gible... (who MM's Garchomp?? *I* do! :D )... in 14 eggs. He's Jolly with Sandveil, and I am looking forward to making him my shiny mega Garchomp. Has 31's in ATK, SpATK and SPD. I named him Telegram (Landshark!)

kayteemae

Hit To Key
Tried Chain Fishing for the first time today and found two shinies! Both Clauncher, male and female. First one in a chain of 26 and the second in a chain of 21. I was hoping for a shiny Horsea but it seems they're quite stubborn!

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Decided to horde Hunt on Route 15 for my next BQ Hunt. Hoping for klefki or Murkrow. Let's hope it is a short Hunt! :)

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Finishe E4 for first time yesterday, officially started my pokeradar hunt today and already good news. Shiny slowpoke on chain of 40 and quiet shiny female ralts on chain of two.....overall i must say its been a good day.

cryuel

Was looking for a Shiny Trevenant in a horde but happened upon a Shiny Foongus. I'll take it! :)

To any Pokeradar Chainers: I've never chained before, know the theory behind it quite well and wanted to ask... how long and how much skill does it take to successfully find a Shiny in your experience on average?
I know this is totally luck dependent at the end of the day, but for those of you who've done many Pokeradar Chains, I'd love some feedback before I attempt to master this technique.

After my success with my beautiful shiny Florges, I am now at a loss as to what I should hunt for in the Friend Safari next...

I recently got Friend Safaris containing Hawlucha (which is my current hunt), Pinsir, Floette, Mawile, Klefki, Manectric, and others that I want to shiny hunt for. I'm not entirely sure which to start with, however. Lol

I also just realized that I really want to get a shiny Ponyta (which I have a Safari for), shiny Pyroar, and shiny Ninetales (which I do not have Safaris for). In addition, I have yet to obtain Safaris containing Eevee, Helioptile, Sliggoo, or Metang in them so that I can shiny hunt for them specifically.

So this begs the question from me... which hunt should I go for next? And by next, I mean after I find a shiny Hawlucha (that is, IF I ever find a shiny Hawlucha). Lol

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
I'm going to go in the FS next time I get the chance.. When I went Ditto hunting for IV breeding, I found 2 shinies, and I was only in there for about 20 minutes, so I seem to have more luck with that than with MMing and such.

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I have not been on here for a long while. I do have some shiny news, I got shiny Croagunk, Skiddo, and Flabebe through chaining(Different days though).I finally got the hang of it, but I still break the chain often. Anyway I'm now after a shiny for the CH in Y. As for my other hunts I'm at 1825 REs for BQ #5 in HG and 490 MMs for BQ #6 in X. Congrats to you KittyKitty on your baby girl. Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

MDS777

The name's Riley
Just hatched egg #1000 for Shuppet now making my last two MM hunts the longest hunts. Litleo took 1353, I'm hoping Shuppet will take less.

(Sorry for the double page post but I gots newses!)

Evil genie in my cartridge is apparently trying to keep his cover :D I just hatched a shiny Gible... (who MM's Garchomp?? *I* do! :D )... in 14 eggs. He's Jolly with Sandveil, and I am looking forward to making him my shiny mega Garchomp. Has 31's in ATK, SpATK and SPD. I named him Telegram (Landshark!)
Nice! Enjoy your pink Garchomp! ;)

After my success with my beautiful shiny Florges, I am now at a loss as to what I should hunt for in the Friend Safari next...

I recently got Friend Safaris containing Hawlucha (which is my current hunt), Pinsir, Floette, Mawile, Klefki, Manectric, and others that I want to shiny hunt for. I'm not entirely sure which to start with, however. Lol

I also just realized that I really want to get a shiny Ponyta (which I have a Safari for), shiny Pyroar, and shiny Ninetales (which I do not have Safaris for). In addition, I have yet to obtain Safaris containing Eevee, Helioptile, Sliggoo, or Metang in them so that I can shiny hunt for them specifically.

So this begs the question from me... which hunt should I go for next? And by next, I mean after I find a shiny Hawlucha (that is, IF I ever find a shiny Hawlucha). Lol
Pyroar is a beautiful shiny. Both male and female. It took me 1,353 eggs to get my shiny Litleo. If you want to, you should go for Pyroar.

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats on all new shinies! And goodluck to those still hunting! :)

Last night, Nosepass chains kept breaking at the 20s and a Bronzor chain broke at 37. This morning, I chained again and a Eevee chain broke at the 30s ( ;__; ) but I did get a shiny Nosepass at last, it was a lucky break because I found a shiny patch at a chain of 5. I'll transfer it to my White or Black2 game later.
Good thing I have a japanese Pokemon Y and a japanese 3DS, I can get Pokebank a week early so my friend wont have to wait for long.

MercyMe

So many nice shinies recently! :) Congratulations everyone.

Update:

(Leafgreen) Squirtle: 175 SR
(Emerald) Treeko: 250 SR
(Soulsilver) Cyndaquil: 250 SR
(Platinum) Piplup: 40 SR
(White) Oshawott: 125 SR
(White 2) Snivy: 80 SR

920 SR(s) in total!

I plan on getting the Piplup, Oshawott and Snivy SR up to 175 before bed. I might work on the Treeko OR Cyndaquil SR a bit more, since they're the easiest to reset. I have a question about the ID thing in Emerald. What ID/Numbers should I be looking for? I read somewhere that an ID with 0s, 1s, 4s, or 8s would be the most ideal, but I'm not sure how reliable that source is. Currently 25 SRs in on my current ID: 23222 with no shiny Zig in sight. Shame, I really like this ID. :(

Last edited:

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
Uhhhh...... Just about ten minutes later I find shiny Floatzel in 342 REs in Y in the victory road at the water near the end of victory road O.O . So, Community Hunt Complete. I'm going to hunt in the cave now since this was so short. Congrats to Tina on the shiny Nosepass.

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Hullo!
I've been lurking around for a bit, but I've decided to introduce myself and see if occasionally updating here keeps me motivated to hunt.
I've been doing a badge quest on X, and so far I've gotten weedle and gulpin. I'm currently hunting in Route 10 for my next shiny and I don't know how many encounters I've had, but I've been here for a few days so I'm hoping something shows up soon.

I also have a question for anyone with a shiny Lapras. If you use surf with it, does it show up as shiny or does it look like a regular Lapras?

Anyway, congrats to everyone who's gotten a shiny recently, and good luck to everyone still hunting!

--

Finally found a lovely blue Houdour! =D Named him Heeler, and he's Quirky with Early Bird as his ability.

Sadly, it shows up as the regular blue in-game model. I was rather disappointed when I tested it out with my shiny Lapras.

Aw man, that is disappointing. =[

Last edited: