• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quils

Strange Creature
Congrats on your new shinies and good luck in your hunts, I really hope your hunts end quickly, unlike mine... >_>
I'm now at 2160 eggs for Espurr, still no shiny. I had a feeling this was going to be a long hunt... thanks to that now I hate the Masuda Method more than ever... come on, give me that Espurr already... >_>

But seriously, good luck to everyone... ;n;

Ruru_star

Pokémon Breeder
I can't believe it! A Second shiny Gastly :O
I was hatchig the second last batch in the second box, this guy has 31 in everything but HP (As opposed of my Female that has 31 in everythung but speed that is 17/19) Really suprised. But sooo happy, I can have the whole family as shiny now <3
Perhaps I'd be even more lucky and get a third one?? I still have 2 boxes left to hatch and luck is so michievous to me lately o wo

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm halfway through box 1 hatching for Eevees. I gotta go to work in 20 mins though so i'll hatch more tonight when I get back......Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
While trying to breed for a 4-5 IV female, this little guy shows up...shiny Eevee! Modest with 30/x/31/31/31/x. Sadly he didn't get the HA, or I'd make this a sweet Pixilate Sylveon.

Grats all on the recent shinies, and good luck!

Last edited:
I never thought I would actually try the Masuda Method to get a shiny Pokémon... and a shiny Eevee, no less!

I probably wouldn't be doing this, had I not received an Italian Eevee with a Timid nature and perfect IV's in HP, Attack, Special Attack, and Special Defense over Wonder Trade (it's now a beautiful, fully EV trained Espeon with Magic Bounce).

But I guess there is a first for everything, as they say.

Currently at about 50 eggs, and no shine yet. May you all have better luck than I am having. ^^

Last edited:

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I haven't done shiny hunting for weeks. Thinking of just waiting till PokéBank comes out and hope completing the PokéDex gives a Shiny Charm before I continue to do more hunting.

TheMaster327

Mildly irritated at the moment..
Lost a shiny Audino ~45 mins ago in Rovert's FS. Used a Thief from Poliwrath, brought it down to 2/3 health. Decided to use another Thief. Crit. But, it LIVED. On one HP. Guess what the purple b****r did next. I was largely trying to steal Berries, though, hence my not feeling too bad about it.

Last edited:

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Mildly irritated at the moment..
Lost a shiny Audino ~45 mins ago in Rovert's FS. Used a Thief from Poliwrath, brought it down to 2/3 health. Decided to use another Thief. Crit. But, it LIVED. On one HP. Guess what the purple b****r did next. I was largely trying to steal Berries, though, hence my not feeling too bad about it.

I feel kinda bad about that happening D:

No real shiny hunting updates from me

Arkygi

Got the shiny Venipede with Speed Boost =D
But, unlike the majority of its siblings, it just has a relatively superior potential and 3 IV(despite having outstanding 5 IV and 4 IV parents)
Anyway, I'm really happy with it ^-^
I still have a whole box and half to hatch, so she'll have to wait a bit.

Congrats on all shinies and good luck to the hunters :)

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Got my next badge quest shiny!
It turned out to be a Mareep, which is pretty awesome, though unfortunately he ended up with Plus.

Laurelai

Wheeeee! Struck gold just now :D Just hatched a timid shiny *female* Abra *with* her hidden ability! She has 3 perfect IV, and SpATK isn't one of them lol. Ah well, can't ask for perfection eh? She is going to be used on my shiny sand team. Not named yet because I hatched her for a friend (He can't use her, but wants to see her mega-ed).

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
I was EV training my Gible when I ran across this guy
http://i.imgur.com/AIWRs5Y.jpg

There's not really much of a difference, I think the body is a lighter shade, but I'm going to evolve it into Victreebel and see how it looks :D

Also it has a Quirky nature, which isn't bad since it's neutral and non hindering.

EDIT: I just realized I already had a leaf stone, so I just evolved it, and not gonna lie it looks pretty sick
http://i.imgur.com/Hfln5yl.png
http://i.imgur.com/nJeUW06.png

Kinda hard to see the vibrant colors in the pictures but whatever, it's pretty cool :D

Last edited:

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
So I've been very lucky today. Trying to hatch a female squirtle and I got a shiny one on the 4th egg! (Kinda funny I got a shiny before a female). He has a careful nature and 31 IV's in def. Not bad. NN'd Donatello and it makes a great trophy shiny. It's shiny form is sooooooo sick. Then decided to try to hunt in a dragon FS to try to get Sliggoo or Noibat, and after 59 encounters I get a shiny Gabite! I got the worst possible one, because its not Kalos and I already have a shiny gabile in my B2, but hey, a shiny is a shiny. She has a docile nature and Sand Veil as her ability, and I NN'd her Sharknado. Two trophy shinies with megas in 2-4 hours.... not bad. I'm off to the safari again, hopefully I dont get another Gabite :)
Also, GL to everyone hunting and congrats on everyone's recent shinies!

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Congrats to everyone on their shinies! :)

Just gave chain fishing another try and managed to get a shiny Poliwhirl in a chain of just 12. :D It has a neutral nature and perfect IVs in Attack and Defence. Think I'll train it into a Poliwrath. :3

Alfred Jones

Cryptic thoughts
My new goal is to try and MM a Charmander that's perfect for Mega Charizard X currently breeding 2 parents with Dragon Dance and Outrage, and am getting a lot for 4-5 IV rejects

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
Man, how do you guys do this stuff? I've been through 750 lickitungs and filled up all the extra boxes, so I released and tried to MM a different pokemon but decided just to continue on with lickitung. I've hatched 120 more since. I've tried chaining many, many times, but can't get past something as simple as a chain of 10, despite knowing all the rules. And no matter how much time I spend in a safari, I can't get anything to show up. I just can't seem to get anything to shine other than chain fishing, which just feels cheap to me so I stopped once I got a few from that. But I feel like I'm slowly going insane! How do you guys manage to do this stuff so well, all while remaining patient?

~Sincerely, a madman

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Man, how do you guys do this stuff? I've been through 750 lickitungs and filled up all the extra boxes, so I released and tried to MM a different pokemon but decided just to continue on with lickitung. I've hatched 120 more since. I've tried chaining many, many times, but can't get past something as simple as a chain of 10. And no matter how much time I spend in a safari, I can't get anything to show up. I just can't seem to get anything to shine other than chain fishing, which just feels cheap to me so I stopped once I got a few from that. But I feel like I'm slowly going insane! How do you guys manage to do this stuff so well, all while remaining patient?

~Sincerely, a madman

Well, when it comes to MMing, it sounds like you're doing great. You just need to have a lot of patience and maybe a movie or two to watch to distract you from the tedium :) As for chaining, you have to know how to do it right. There are specific grass patches that you can and can't step in while you're chaining. If you want, I can PM you a guide I wrote up for chaining in XY. Just VM or PM me and let me know if you want it.

Jaredt222

Jedi Master
Well while I was taking a break from the friend safari I decided to MM on my pokemon x with eevee but this hunt was so fast it only took me 3 eggs it is mild nature with 6/5/6/6/6 ev. Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me:)

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to Chamiel on Gastly, darthmalice777 on Eevee, Arkygi on Venipede, ChipOwl on Mareep, Laurelai on Abra, Zekromaster826 on Squirtle, Jaredt222 on Eevee, and everyone else on their shinies!

----------

My Sentret video!

In one of my dreams last night, I found a shiny Magnemite…And today I find a different duplicate :p

Anyways, did another 200 REs after finding Sentret, so I’m at 18,600 REs on Black 2, 6,800 REs on Platinum, and 200 REs on HeartGold.

Good luck, everybody!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

I've reached 11,724 SRs for Lugia... still going...

Good luck to everyone still going!