• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

MDS777

The name's Riley
Just hatched egg 1,810 for stubborn Shuppet. Still not giving up. I'm seriously hoping I don't fill up my box again for the third time, though. Releasing all the Shuppet is the annoying part.

Ganieda

Midnight Valkyrie
Oh my, looks like I am not alone in being unlucky/unsuccessful with the Masuda Method! I hit the 700 mark today in my hunt for shiny Mienfoo, but still no sparkling blue weasel =(
Sooo...Good luck especially to everyone who is having a long MM hunt like me, my your target shine soon!

PS: Good luck also to everyone else of course =)

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
I am still Wondertrading Mawiles from my last round of MM'ing
That is how I prefer to dispose of them... Scatter into the winds my children

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
Got 4 new shinies to post, none of which are part of my BQ on Y I just did some hunting on my X
http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/Zer0Snipe/media-full/Mobile Uploads/IMG_0470_zps906dc8ae.jpg.html
Took around 200-300 eggs, really fast hunt.

http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/Zer0Snipe/media-full/Mobile Uploads/IMG_0473_zps94bdf159.jpg.html
Finally managed to CF one of these, it's a Hasty nature so I'm still gonna EV train her in Speed and Sp Atk.

http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/Zer0Snipe/media-full/Mobile Uploads/IMG_0472_zpsd2d584a8.jpg.html
Wanted to catch another one of these as I dislike Octillarys shiny form.

http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/Zer0Snipe/media-full/Mobile Uploads/IMG_0471_zps9107ccd6.jpg.html
Was just looking for a Dratini...

Congratz on all recent shinies and to those still hunting...
*May the shine be with you*

mitsuhoney

After a couple of hours in the FS, I got a shiny HA male Eevee! Modest synch worked too, 31s in HP/SpD/Spe, but he's now a shiny pixilate Sylveon.

And I finally decided to get the shiny stone to evolve my Floette into Florges.

I am so jealous of you lol! I want a male Shiny Eevee so I can make it a boy Sylveon lol

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I've been MMing Curse/Yawn/Wish Eevees because I'm making a competitive Umbreon, and while I was hatching eggs trying to get a Calm one, I got a shiny Eevee! I'd say I've probably hatched about 100-150 Eevee eggs or so at this point. He's got IVs that are "decent all around" and a Hasty nature. Although the nature is neutral, I'm much happier to get a neutral one than a nature that lowers SpDef or Def. What do you guys think I should evolve him into - Umbreon or Sylveon? He's got the moves for a Special wall, so it has to be one of those two, plus he doesn't have his Hidden Ability, and while Umbreon benefits from Synchronize, Sylveon can use Cute Charm as well, since he wouldn't have any Normal moves to use with Pixilate anyway. The only difference stat-wise between Umbreon and Sylveon is that Sylveon has high Sp Attack and low Defense, while Umbreon is the other way around.

[IMG200]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/emstauss/IMG_2233_zps77196769.jpg[/IMG200]

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I swear guys this has been the shortest hunt i ever did with mming in awhile since platinum with my shiny charmander 0_0 I hatched my shiny flabebe finally she is flower veil calm nature with 4 ivs which are 31/x/31/x/31/31 i was hoping near flawless but she popped out with 31 in everything that was needed but her special attack i was a bit disappointed but she still is a beautiful shiny i still may use her despite her sp.attack that bothers me. I still will mm for a second one cuaz i want to try to get a better one but i still love her with all my heart here is a video i made sorry for all the strange talking i was so shocked my mind was scattered do to she hatched so quick 0_0

Shiny Blue Flower Flabebe video

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Hey guys I have a question:

do you think using a japanese pokemon as a parent for MM raises the best chances of having a shiny off-spring rather than a spanish, italian, german, etc... parent?

I'm asking this because I've been using foreign non-japanese pokemon as parents and I have to hatch 1000 eggs and sometimes more than 2000 eggs to get a shiny....

am I just unlucky?

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

do you think having using a japanese pokemon as a parent for MM raises the best chances of having a shiny off-spring rather than a spanish, italian, german, etc... parent?

I'm asking this because I've been using foreign non-japanese pokemon as parents and I have to hatch 1000 eggs and sometimes more than 2000 eggs to get a shiny....

am I just unlucky?

MMing with any country's Pokemon gives you equal chances. You're just unlucky, sorry :(

ZzzonkedTyguy

Legend of Blackthorn
Hey everyone! Congrats on all the recent shinies!

I happily have some shiny news to report. After a dry spell during the past few days I had the pleasure of encountering a shiny sliggoo in the friend safari! So happy to finally have my first Kalos shiny. My modest sync didn't work but she ended up with a quiet nature which is just about as good. Training her now and then I'll level her up to a Goodra :) I may go back to hunt for a shiny noibat next or resume my male nidoran horde hunt. Haven't quite decided yet.

Good luck with your shiny hunts everyone. Hope you get what your searching for!

Just encountered a shiny kecleon with color change caught it in a premier ball :) im trying to trade it tho because its not the shiny I was wanting if anyone wants to trade for it just pm me

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

do you think having using a japanese pokemon as a parent for MM raises the best chances of having a shiny off-spring rather than a spanish, italian, german, etc... parent?

am I just unlucky?

no it doesn't matter what language the foriegn pokemon is when you mm its random when you get your shiny as well as turning off your game resets your seed cuaz when the game loads it suppose to generate frames to which one frame will be shiny but who knows in x and y how the seeds work since rng is not possible yet in 6th gen. Its just completely random i just hatched my egg in 72 eggs with a japanese male shroomish and i use my japanese ditto with my klefki and got like over 600 eggs before it hatched...mming takes serious dedication to hatch a shiny and alot of patience don't expect a egg so quick but at some point it will hatch...

Last edited:

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
I was really upset at my friend for hatching a shiny phantump... in 40 Eggs... While Non MMing.
Meanwhile just passed 700 on Mawile with a few honedge eggs thrown in for a break

Quils

Strange Creature
Congrats on everyone and good luck in your hunts, specially if you are having a long one.

Instead of the usual 8, today I filled 10 boxes of Espurr eggs, which brings me to a total of 2460 eggs.
I'll hatch them tomorrow, I really hope I get a shiny. My target is a female Espurr, but even if I get a male I would be extremely happy, and it would be a nice incentive for me to continue.

Also, while making eggs I took a break and caught a shiny Skrelp for my friend using Chain Fishing. Just seeing a shiny made me feel a lot better, even if I'm not keeping it c:
I may try Chain Fishing if I get too tired from using Masuda... I only have 2 shinies from that method anyway (I would have 4, but I gave away a Chinchou and the aforementioned Skrelp).

Once again, I wish you the best luck~

EDIT: I'm just going to edit this here. I really need to rage... so yeah, after 2460 eggs I still don't get my shiny Espurr... My game is being retarded. No, seriously, this is ridiculous... the odds of me already getting the shiny at this point were so high... but nope, it's the bad thing what actually happens >.>
You know what? eff you universe, eff you and your probabilities!
...Aaahh, that made me feel much better. Well... I guess I'll have to do 8 more boxes tomorrow.

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

ArdhiS

FINALLY!!! After 1938 espurr eggs, i hatched female shiny espurr :D
Timid nature, likes to fight :D and got keen eye as her ability

Congrats on recent shines everyone and good luck on your hunt :) :D

Last edited:

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
Huh! Was farming Snover in a safari, trying to get good IV mixes for breeding for this-
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?622995-Wonder-Trades-for-the-Holidays!
and out popped a shiny Bergmite :)

Congrats. Such a cool Pokemon, in my opinion.

erm...I think you got the URL wrong, though. It sends us to the Wonder Trades for the Holidays. x3 Which I am going to try doing, by the way.

I have taken a break from Scaterbug...Zelda got in the way.
Congrats to everyone's shinies, and good luck hunting. I hope you all have a Fantastic day!!

So after no luck with MM a Mareep I decided to take a break and try out consecutive fishing, which turned out to be easier than I thought! Got a Skrelp and a Poliwag in a few hours. Unfortunately, the Poliwag has a nature that drops its Sp.Def, which is Politoed's best stat :C So I think I'll go find another!
Also congrats on the recent shinies!