• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm almost at 90 eggs for Eevee, i'm about to take a break for the night/morning and go get some sleep. Good luck to everyone on their hunts :D

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I have a question for everyone, how do you manage to keep yourself motivated to keep hunting when things go into really big numbers and what do you do with the Pokes that you dont want?

I'm just too stubborn to let the shiny beat me. That's what kept me hatching when my electrike hunt went over 4,200 eggs and roggenrola passed 7,000 eggs. It also explains the 23,626 random encounters for Golurk lol. I'm hunting in Black 2, so no Wonder Trade. I release all the non-shiny pokemon. So the NPCs probably hate me, because there are a couple hundred absol that know Perish Song running around XD;;;

Currently I'm at 1,480 eggs for onix and still no sign of that elusive shiny rock snake. Rock-types seem to give me the most trouble; hopefully this one won't take as long as roggenrola did

MissEevee

Fairy Princess
I was running around in a safari collecting lucky eggs off of chanseys and came across a shiny Minccino. It was a nice surprise :)

[IMG300]http://i44.*******.com/sn1183.jpg[/IMG300]

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I'm just too stubborn to let the shiny beat me. That's what kept me hatching when my electrike hunt went over 4,200 eggs and roggenrola passed 7,000 eggs.

holy crapy 0_0 but that is alot of eggs i never would of keeped going >.> i praise your patience but what gen was this btw not trying to be mean just saying that you must of had bad luck on that game cuaz that is really alot of eggs >.> even on my unluckest games i never got passed 1,100 eggs >.> but i seriously have to compliment your patience with a shiny that is amazing ^_^

Cyberra

pain in the ***
holy crapy 0_0 but that is alot of eggs i never would of keeped going >.> i praise your patience but what gen was this btw not trying to be mean just saying that you must of had bad luck on that game cuaz that is really alot of eggs >.> even on my unluckest games i never got passed 1,100 eggs >.> but i seriously have to compliment your patience with a shiny that is amazing ^_^

Black version 2, Gen V. Roggenrola really had it in for me that time. The electrike hunt was a pain, but I got two of them for it

Umbrie

I was searching for a ditto in safaris, but accidently went into the wrong one and found a shiny Snorunt. It's the cutest <3

Found two new shinies over the weekend!
My pokeradar chain for Hawlucha kept on breaking ;-( so i decided to do something else before it frustrates me....soo chainfished a shiny Clawitzer and shiny Seaking just for the fun of it :))
Now back on that shiny Hawlucha!!

Arkygi

I'm currently taking a break from MM and trying to find a shiny Illumise or a shiny Butterfree (hopefully not a Pinsir) on Friend Safari.
Not counting the REs but it's taking long, compared to the absurd luck I had with my shiny Pachirisu. Finding shinies through RE is much more tempting for me to give up ):
I'll try to resist though, good luck to everyone and congrats on recent shinies ^-^

Tina

Boy Skylark
Congrats to all new shinies and goodluck to those still hunting! :)

Nothing much to report, I reached about 500 eggs for my Eevee MM today. Yesterday a random passerby traded me a shiny Machoke and it evolved into Machamp when it was traded, I wanted to name it hulk but... :b

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I got BQ #8 in X yesterday. Shiny Gothorita in 100 REs, not at all the number that I was expecting. I guess that since it was at the Pokemon Village and the point I was at with BQ #7 I had a few random encounters before recording encounters and finding Gothorita in Pokemon Village. Now I'm going to do two more hunts before I say that the BQ is complete, and those being a Before E4 and After E4. Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.

Growlie19

Back with some more shiny news! This time, I was hunting in a Ground safari when a green-skinned Sandshrew appeared. He's got a bold nature (bleh) with perfect Special Attack (BLEGH) and Speed IVs. Quite possibly one of my worst nature/IV combo shiny I own, right beside a Weavile with a boosted Special Attack with high HP and Defense, but 0 speed and low attack. But hey, a shiny's a shiny, and Sandslash looks freaking amazing.

Good luck, hunters everywhere!

Finally found my shiny Braxien! He's male with modest nature, and perfect in Attack and Special Defense. He shone only about 3 hours after my second shiny larvesta, who is also modest nature and perfect in HP and Special Attack. Time to try for a noibat! :D

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I bought a used copy of Pokemon X with trade in credit at Gamestop. I started the game in French and proceeded to the Pokemon Day Care. Now I can breed my own MM parents.

I'm doing my first official MM with a pair of IV bred Eevees. I'm going to be at this for a while because I want to breed a shiny for each Eevolution. I'm gathering 5 eggs at a time, hatching them with my shiny Flame Body Talonflame and hatching O-Power, checking their IVs and releasing/wonder trading any with 4 or less. I'm only 20 eggs in so far, but I've already hatched a flawless Eevee with Modest and Anticipation. Unfortunately it was a male, which I already have. I'm really hoping for a flawless female.

Congrats on all the recent shinies and good luck on your hunts!

Last edited:

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Congrats on everyones recent shines and good luck to all of those still hunting!!

No luck for me since my last post. Absolutely none. The well has dried up. Haven't had much time. I don't even think I've hit 500 encounters total this week, I've been very busy. Hopefully when I get back into the thick of things today that I'll catch a good break!

Good luck everyone!

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Shiny update:While trying to hatch my eggs in the Friend Safari I randomly encountered a shiny minccino! Everyone congratz on the new shinies and good luck with the hunts!
Edit: After only 10 other RE's found another shiny Minccino xD I am very lucky today :)

Last edited:

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
I have a new shiny from the horde encounters!
Shiny Vanilite!
I was wanting to see a shiny Smoochum (I only encountered 18 hordes with them) but shiny Vanilite is just as nice.

Edit:

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1G3LfF8CZY

Edit: #2

What the heck? I was training my Pokemon and suddenly..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k6Rwlq9XuU

Edit: #3

OH MY GAWD!
I just started another hunt and not even six HEs...
Shiny... Stunky!

Link to be added soon.

Edit #4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlbyTta-yjA

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
I bought a used copy of Pokemon X with trade in credit at Gamestop. I started the game in French and proceeded to the Pokemon Day Care. Now I can breed my own MM parents.

Doesn't the other parent also have to be from a different region for MM to work? I'm not sure, but I think I read that somewhere.. Anyone know if its true or not?

I believe that Kyle meant that he has an English copy of Y and bought X and played in French so he can trade French Pokemon over to his Y game to MM them.

Yea, but both games are from the same region, doesn't it have to be from two different regions for MM to work?

Last edited:

Fruitt

SHARKEISHA
Doesn't the other parent also have to be from a different region for MM to work? I'm not sure, but I think I read that somewhere.. Anyone know if its true or not?

I believe that Kyle meant that he has an English copy of Y and bought X and played in French so he can trade French Pokemon over to his Y game to MM them.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter

I'm doing my first official MM with a pair of IV bred Eevees. I'm going to be at this for a while because I want to breed a shiny for each Eevolution. I'm gathering 5 eggs at a time, hatching them with my shiny Flame Body Talonflame and hatching O-Power, checking their IVs and releasing/wonder trading any with 4 or less. I'm only 20 eggs in so far, but I've already hatched a flawless Eevee with Modest and Anticipation. Unfortunately it was a male, which I already have. I'm really hoping for a flawless female.

Congrats on all the recent shinies and good luck on your hunts!

Someone can correct me if i am wrong, but wouldn't it have to be the game cartridge that is of a different language instead of just the language in game? For example, wouldn't it still register as an English pokemon since it came from an English cartridge even though you are playing it in French?

As for me, I FINALLY got shiny ivysaur after 4 shiny pansages in the friend safari! I think now I might go back to the abra/espurr safari in hopes of getting a better abra or finally getting that darn cat... thing.

As for my 8th BQ progress, I am horde hunting in the woods on Route 20 in hopes of trevenant.

Happy hunting everyone and good luck! :)

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Someone can correct me if i am wrong, but wouldn't it have to be the game cartridge that is of a different language instead of just the language in game? For example, wouldn't it still register as an English pokemon since it came from an English cartridge even though you are playing it in French?

As for me, I FINALLY got shiny ivysaur after 4 shiny pansages in the friend safari! I think now I might go back to the abra/espurr safari in hopes of getting a better abra or finally getting that darn cat... thing.

As for my 8th BQ progress, I am horde hunting in the woods on Route 20 in hopes of trevenant.

Happy hunting everyone and good luck! :)

No, in XY, it's the LANGUAGE that matters, not the region of the cartridge. You can MM with any Pokemon that has a different language tag than yours.