• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I have a question. Is there a hold item to add with synchronize or any other way to increase synchronize chances? 2 in a row didnt get synch'd :/

Unfortunately, there is not. Synchronize is the best you can do if you want a certain nature on a wild Pokemon, with a 50% success rate.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Just picked up my Moor of Icirrus hunt, and I ended up picking up a shiny stunfisk after 1,342 encounters! Even better, she was the 7,000th encounter on this save file. My timid sync worked, and she has relatively superior IVs (albeit lacking in special attack) Stunfisk - #618 (Timid) Female (♀) : 23 - 25 / 31 / 26, 28 / 2 / 24, 26 / 12, 14

As I am on my Surface, I can't post actual images that easily, but here's a link to one of her summary page: http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/...on=view¤t=WIN_20131223_100221_zpsc7956ffc.jpg

Your photo link is marked as private, we can't see it.

Haven't found a shiny on XY yet myself...

MercyMe

I haven't had the time to work on my SR(s) or RE(s) today so nothing new to report on that. I know this may seem irrelevant, but today (With some new Christmas $ in hand) I decided to purchase Pokemon X. :D I've NEVER bought multiple versions before, but I decided why the hell not. I'm super excited for this.

Question(s), I don't have multiple 3DS(s) or 2DS(s) laying around (Just one 3DS) so how will this effect my two versions? Will my X player have a different Friend Code than my Y Player? Will I be able to have my two players listed as "Friends" on the PSS? How will I trade between my versions? (Wait till Pokebank comes out?)

Sorry, I'm so excited. :D When someone answers my question (Mainly on the Friend Code question) I will SR for a shiny Froakie starter. So that should be fun. (^ v ^)

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I... I can't believe this... I got 4 shiny Pokémon in two hours!

First shiny: Diggersby
Second shiny: Crawdaunt
Third shiny: Spiritomb (!!!)
Last shiny: Growlithe

I'm astonished!!

Illusione-Tempus

Chaining last night, only to be broken at the 20th chain all the time. Bah!

At least I finally scored a Trapinch safari! And a Nincada. Too bad they're separated though. Gonna be finding a shiny Trapinch as Flygon is my favorite shiny. And a Nincada for a friend. :3

Congrats and good luck to all shiny hunters out there :)

hodgepodge

Anyone with a water friend safari containing frogadier, please add me. My friend code is 0104 0651 1839. I will give anyone who adds me half the shinies I get

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
I haven't had the time to work on my SR(s) or RE(s) today so nothing new to report on that. I know this may seem irrelevant, but today (With some new Christmas $ in hand) I decided to purchase Pokemon X. :D I've NEVER bought multiple versions before, but I decided why the hell not. I'm super excited for this.

Question(s), I don't have multiple 3DS(s) or 2DS(s) laying around (Just one 3DS) so how will this effect my two versions? Will my X player have a different Friend Code than my Y Player? Will I be able to have my two players listed as "Friends" on the PSS? How will I trade between my versions? (Wait till Pokebank comes out?)

Sorry, I'm so excited. :D When someone answers my question (Mainly on the Friend Code question) I will SR for a shiny Froakie starter. So that should be fun. (^ v ^)

Your friend code is based on your 3DS, so both copies would have the same friend code. For trading you'd have to either have someone help you or wait for Pokebank.
Good luck SRing for Froakie!

----

Oh well, since I'm here I might as well give an update.
I got my seventh BG shiny in Frost Cavern a couple days ago, a Vanillish with a sassy nature. I named him Daiquiri Ice and I'm never going to evolve him as I hate Vanillish and Vanilluxe.
I also got my eighth shiny a few hours ago in Terminus Cave. I caught a relaxed Durant that I named Sargeant, and I'm really happy that he has Hustle and not Truant. I guess I'd be done at this point, but I want to grab one more shiny before I challenge the Elite Four.

Good luck to everyone still hunting for shinies, and congratulations to those that have had successful hunts!

Last edited:

Sito

Shiny Breeder
WOOOO
On the 8th box I did, I found this beauty
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1387998195_f1eaef6aa777080330e6adb96bbc255b
and the best thing... ITS PERFECT, well almost, it has 31/31/31/x/31/31 but it doesnt use special attack at all, actually, it says its special attack is terrible xD, so this is my first ever competitive shiny I have ever breed!!! its Adamant with Technician, and female so my sister is happy xD
Now to see what I do now :D

Last edited:
Just caught a shiny pink-flowered Floette in Friend Safari.
Hidden Ability Symbiosis-Happy!
Brave nature-Not Happy, but I'll take what I can get.

MercyMe

Okay, well I guess it can't be helped. I'm just going to start on my X version anyways. :) Already started my Froakie SR and I'll probably be working on it the rest of the night.

CG to the new shinies. GL to anyone still hunting. <3

Icon4Hire

Pokemon Breeder
I really don't like any game past 4th gen but for some odd reason I picked up black for the heck of it seeing as how it was only like 25 bucks. Let's see what I'll get with my new game addition.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I really don't like any game past 4th gen but for some odd reason I picked up black for the heck of it seeing as how it was only like 25 bucks. Let's see what I'll get with my new game addition.

This is just my opinion, but if you're going to play a 5th Gen game, go for Black 2. There's more variety of Pokemon that you can use as you go through the story. In Black, you're forced to use only Gen V Pokemon until post-game. That's just my two cents, though.

Capricornus

King of the Seas
I want to start shiny hunting. I'm a 4th genner, mainly HGSS, but I also love Platinum. If anyone can give tips to a beginner, I would be very grateful. Gen 5 and 6 tips are also greatly appreciated, but I prefer 4th gen. I already know bout chaining, and its 'mechanics', but if there is anything else, I would be glad to know. Thanks!

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I want to start shiny hunting. I'm a 4th genner, mainly HGSS, but I also love Platinum. If anyone can give tips to a beginner, I would be very grateful. Gen 5 and 6 tips are also greatly appreciated, but I prefer 4th gen. I already know bout chaining, and its 'mechanics', but if there is anything else, I would be glad to know. Thanks!

In 4th Gen, chaining and MMing are probably the easiest ways to get shinies. You're going to have trouble MMing, though, because 4th Gen doesn't really have a trading base anymore. You can try some trade shops on Serebii to get foreign Dittos, but if you can't get one, chaining is the easiest way to obtain shinies in Gen IV.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
WOOOO
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1387998195_f1eaef6aa777080330e6adb96bbc255b
and the best thing... ITS PERFECT, well almost, it has 31/31/31/x/31/31 but it doesnt use special attack at all, actually, it says its special attack is terrible xD, so this is my first ever competitive shiny I have ever breed!!! its Adamant with Technician, and female so my sister is happy xD

Congrats on the Shiny Scyther! Looks fantastic! Love Green Scizor! <3.

I'm 440 eggs into my MM for Shiny Honedge. My second MM Hunt & I don't wanna be discouraged but it's so disheartening.

So I just wanted to post here, you know, lift my spirits a bit with all your successes. Wish me luck guys.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
WOOOO

Major gratz! and those IVs are perfect! I plan on MMing Scyther at some point and hopefully it turns out like yours. :]

----------

Well, I got the shiny Mawile for my Nephew, so he should be happy. I also got a shiny Skarmory along the way which I'll probably be trading away on Christmas. I'm gonna keep hunting in the FS to see if I can squeeze in anymore shinies before Wednesday.

Gratz on all the recent shinies and good luck everyone! :]

Sito

Shiny Breeder
WOOOO
Here it is now :D
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net...=6b2c5e3aa74137d367bc5264b2fab69f&oe=52BB3C06
Also found a shiny Heracross with Neutral nature in the friend safari, but still cool :D

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Congratulations to everyone on all the new shinies, especially Sito with Scyther! :D

So I was just training up my Larvesta in the Winding Woods, not even looking for a shiny, when suddenly I run into a horde encounter and BAM, shiny Trevenant! :O

It has a Bashful (neutral) nature which is ok, but pretty terrible IVs so it might just remain as part of my collection, but still, it looks amazing. :D

Cyberra

pain in the ***
My Chargestone Cave RE hunt in White 2 has come to its true end now. Only 352 REs after that boldore, 9,959 REs total, this little bugger appeared...

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6080_zps77bf30dc.jpg[/IMG139]

Shiny klink! A shiny I did not have already! It's since been traded over to Black 2 and evolved into a copper Klinklang.

I'm half a box away from my third hatch run for beldum. The hatching I will leave until later since I need to sleep, and then I have an aquarium in need of cleaning. Here's hoping beldum chooses to shine for me.