• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats cyberra on klink and everyone else too!
Well, I must be having a little festive luck, as yesterday, in under 100 REs......
A SHINY NOSEPASS graced my screen. Im so happy but i would have preferred Magcargo but anyway.... Good luck to all and happy christmas eve!

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
I am personally hoping for a shiny Honedge to pop out of one of these multitude of eggs I have been breeding. I am working my way to a shiny team. Do not know how viable it will be but I am loving the challenge of MMing for competitive shinies!

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

I've now done 12,042 SRs for Lugia, and still going... really hoping it will shine soon!

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
OMG! Christmas Eve Shiny! Only took 3,117 SR's too! And that's not all, it's Modest nature! So happy right now! :D IV's are: 11/5/29/21/3/7 So mostly not good, but who cares! More pics! Ihad to catch it in a masterball as it was owning my team! I named it Pyro! ;) WHOOHOO! Best of luck all!

empireyin

Do you have to reset the consecutive fishing chain after 40 or doesn't that change anything?
I was trying to catch a shiny magikarp and my chain broke at 108 :s

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
what is an RE or an SR

If you look at the first post there is a glossary.
A RE is a random encounter where you just run into as many pokes as you can looking for your desired shiny
A SR is a soft reset at a predetermined point in the game so that you can attempt to get shiny starters/ legendaries/ event pokes

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
Do you have to reset the consecutive fishing chain after 40 or doesn't that change anything?
I was trying to catch a shiny magikarp and my chain broke at 108 :s

Did you happen to catch any shinies during your chain?

Icon4Hire

Pokemon Breeder
This is just my opinion, but if you're going to play a 5th Gen game, go for Black 2. There's more variety of Pokemon that you can use as you go through the story. In Black, you're forced to use only Gen V Pokemon until post-game. That's just my two cents, though.
Yeah I already noticed this. But It doesn't bother me all that much. If anything I hope being forced into using 4th gen pokes will make me like them more so than I do now. Overall I use diamond for my pokemon shiny collection. On another note I've yet to find the shiny abra I'm looking for.

Dangertrout

I haven't had the time to work on my SR(s) or RE(s) today so nothing new to report on that. I know this may seem irrelevant, but today (With some new Christmas $ in hand) I decided to purchase Pokemon X. :D I've NEVER bought multiple versions before, but I decided why the hell not. I'm super excited for this.

Question(s), I don't have multiple 3DS(s) or 2DS(s) laying around (Just one 3DS) so how will this effect my two versions? Will my X player have a different Friend Code than my Y Player? Will I be able to have my two players listed as "Friends" on the PSS? How will I trade between my versions? (Wait till Pokebank comes out?)

Sorry, I'm so excited. :D When someone answers my question (Mainly on the Friend Code question) I will SR for a shiny Froakie starter. So that should be fun. (^ v ^)

The FC is linked to the 3DS, not the cartridges, so I don't think you'll be able to add yourself as a friend.
Not sure about pokebank, but I think it's linked to your system as well.
If that is so, you should be able to collect your pokemon on either game and I guess that would allow you to use pokebank to trade to yourself.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
...Well, it isn't much of a Shiny update...but it CAN BE! :D

I got three Japanese Ditto [all with different IV spreads...so sorry, no trading] for breeding a team for the VGC. Who knows, I might hatch a Shiny while breeding.
I still haven't gotten that Shiny Scatterbug, though. *sigh* I got my perfect Vivillion now...but I still haven't hatched a Shiny Scatterbug. Ah well.
My next might be Medicham...or maybe Gardevoir. I don't know which Psychic Mega I want to go with. [considering I might also go with Machamp]

Also, my sister had gotten two shinies over trading. [Lovedisk and Relecanth]...she traded them for a Mewtwo and a Heliolisk. *face palm* She also gave up her Blaziken...WITH the Mega Stone...for a Heliolisk.

Well, Happy holidays everyone. Hope you all have a fantastic day.
Congrats to all the new Shinies, and good luck on your hunts. I am Christmas shoping for my mother now...WEE~

shinyclauncher1234

the shinyclauncher12
Finally got zapdos to shine on ss

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So, I haven't been hunting at all because of the Maison, but while training a Froakie for Super Double Battle, I found a shiny Wingull in a Wingull horde!

[IMG139]http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/gustavo1495/Shinies/Snapshot_20131224_zpsf18416e3.jpg[/IMG139]

Lighting is awful right now, so this is the best I could do with the photo. Sassy nature, which is actually amazing for a Pelipper, so that's awesome. If I hadn't been looking straight at the screen, I would have missed the sparkles and may have killed it, but I'm surprised I got a shiny without trying. My holiday luck just doesn't want to leave me. I'll probably train Wingull after Froakie, because Wingull is a shiny I've wanted for awhile.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Was horde battling last night trying to get a Sturdy Carbink and found something even more valuable: a shiny Modest Mime Jr with Technician! I know Modest isn't the best nature, but it's still not bad at all and I was amazed that I was lucky enough for it to have it's Hidden Ability, too. Unfortunately, it's Hidden Power is Dark not Fighting, but overall, I'm not complaining.

Last edited:

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
No new shinies to report since earlier, but I trained up my Larvesta and got it to max affection on Pokémon Amie and now it's a beautiful shiny Volcarona. It's level 72 and I have its moveset as Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Fiery Dance, and Hurricane. :)

Thinking of doing a couple more MM hunts some time after Christmas, maybe try for Skiddo and Beldum as I love both Gogoat and Metagross' shinies.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hey guys. I haven't posted in a while - but I haven't really been shiny hunting much lately (apart from doing the odd few SR for shiny Landorus in my Japanese Black).

But I've been doing a 'wonderlock' challenge in X, and was just levelling-up my Rotom before I taken on the E4 when I came across a shiny Relicanth on a chain of 20. Even though it a FC shiny it's still nice to find one on Christmas eve (and even though it's a wonderlock challenge I won't be trading this one away since I've already caught a Pokemon in this location).

Good luck to everyone else, and happy new year.

mapijs

I just hatched a shiny Honedge. It was the 21st egg. I am very happy

lucky bastard >_> i'm atm at 420 eggs and no shiny honedge, but i have put my mm on a hold atm