• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat

Umbrie

I traded someone who had a japanese mudkip (since pokebank is out now in japan). Bred it so I could trade it for the other starters and bam~ got a shiny mudkip. My pride and joy on pokemon Y. Also I found a clampearl earlier today(well yesterday) via chain fishing.

Illusione-Tempus

Managed to get a Japanese Feebas through the GTS. Having a rare Vivillon patterns helps :3

I'll just put the Trapinch hunt on halt and gonna MM this thing. 'bout time I'm using a Milotic again~ :3

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So we know that the Shiny Charm, rather unsurprisingly, does exist in X/Y. Not sure if this is a good question to ask, but what does everyone think about it being in? I personally don't mind, I'll get it anyway like last gen, but I wonder if the factor by which the odds increase will be a lesser factor. I guess we'll see. I could start looking on the GTS for stuff, but I have literally every Pokemon needed to complete the National Dex so I'll just use those (my Mew and Manaphy are of dubious origin, though they don't matter).

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I haven't done much hatching for Eevee this week, but i'm gonna get back into the groove of things this week. I have done only 130 hatches so far. Good luck to everyone on your hunts! Happy hunting!

Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
So we know that the Shiny Charm, rather unsurprisingly, does exist in X/Y. Not sure if this is a good question to ask, but what does everyone think about it being in? I personally don't mind, I'll get it anyway like last gen, but I wonder if the factor by which the odds increase will be a lesser factor. I guess we'll see. I could start looking on the GTS for stuff, but I have literally every Pokemon needed to complete the National Dex so I'll just use those (my Mew and Manaphy are of dubious origin, though they don't matter).

Does the Shiny Charm reduce the chances to the same as they were in Black/White 2?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I got a shiny male Eevee from Wondertrade! It's Hasty, and I haven't checked it's IV spread yet. I was quite surprised, I didn't expect anyone to ever out a precious shiny on Wondertrade. Funny thing is, the trainer that Wondertraded the shiny Eevee wasn't even the original trainer. It was some dude (or girl) named Green. Either the dude I traded with hated Eevees with an extreme burning passion, already had all Eeveelutions in their shiny form and didn't need any more, didn't care for Shinies at all, liked the shiny but traded it because Hasty isn't the correct nature he was going for/didn't have good IVs, or just wanted to give away Shinies to celebrate and share the Christmas Joy! Well, whichever it is, thanks dude! My mom cooked a big and delicious feast, so that was good. And although I'm not getting any presents, this shiny was a much bigger surprise gift than anything I could have hoped for!

Cutty

Forever now
7,544 SRs later...

Shiny Amaura finally shone... What a nice surprise!
I've never gotten a shiny on Christmas before... and it's Jolly (see the joke there?)

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-12-25152736_zps418a024f.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-12-25152954_zps689bc1ce.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Aurorellis/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-12-25153446_zpse84f8121.jpg[/IMG139]

I'm gonna go rushing to get my third badge after this... and try my luck on RE hunt too... horde/random...

Congrats on all new shinies n good luck... Happy holidays everyone~

Cyberra

pain in the ***
No Christmas shiny for me, alas. Shiny beldum continues to elude me. I've now hatched 1,110 of these levitating legs, and every single one so far has been blue. Oh, well. Heading back to Route 3 now, to gather eggs for round 4.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies and hope everyone is having a great Christmas :)

Today while browsing the GTS I obtained a Japanese Mudkip with an Adamant nature and 31/31/31/X/31/31 IVs so I'm putting my Furfrou hunt on hold and going for a shiny Mudkip instead.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Yesterday I found a shiny Ponyta after approximately 200 RE's. Marks my third shiny in three days AND my third shiny ever! Guess I'm finally having some luck in pokémon..
Check out Ponytas blue flames: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjfDrzjY4Js&feature=youtu.be

Edit: found another Shiny Ponyta while continuing the hunt for a shiny Charmeleon. Now I can evolve one into Shiny Rapidash :D

Last edited:

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
So I just caught an near 4IV shiny eevee. It's timid with 30/30/11/11/31/31 sad thing is, special attack is 11. D: Still awesome shiny. 6 Eevee's to go!

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
In Ruby / Sapphire with a dead internal battery or in Emerald, the Random Number Generator always starts in the same place. Because of this, unless you have an early shiny frame, it makes SRing in these games pretty much impossible. You can, however, keep restarting your file until you get one with an early enough frame. When picking your starter, save in front of the pokeball and SR about 50 times, and try to vary the speed at which you spam A at the beginning. If you see a shiny starter or zigzagoon/poochyena in the first battle, you have a file with an early frame and could conceivably SR pokemon throughout the game.

I was not aware of this. The thing I'm wondering is, would I be able to replace the internal battery(like those old G/S/C) and then be able to SR again?

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
...While everyone is playing Pokmon X and Y...here I am playing my new Sonic Lost World on my new, shiny [not really] Pikachu 3DS XL~ <3

...Maybe I'll hunt later on...I am just REALLY hooked up with the story right now...to really care. xD
...But...I think, later on...I'll hunt for a Shiny Pikachu [with Lightning Rod...*shivers*] and name him Eggman...that...has some meaning to it, so I am not going to get into it.

I hope everyone has a Happy Christmas.

Capricornus

King of the Seas
K so yesterday I got a Japanes ditto. This is soulsilver. Only the ditto 's OT and name are in Japanese. Everything else is in englidh. Apparently its capture date was January 4 2014. Does this work for MM? GTS said that the ditto was from Japan, but idk...

Dangertrout

K so yesterday I got a Japanes ditto. This is soulsilver. Only the ditto 's OT and name are in Japanese. Everything else is in englidh. Apparently its capture date was January 4 2014. Does this work for MM? GTS said that the ditto was from Japan, but idk...

The OT name having Japanese characters is a pretty good indicator of it being from Japan. It should work fine for MMing =)

Dangertrout

I was not aware of this. The thing I'm wondering is, would I be able to replace the internal battery(like those old G/S/C) and then be able to SR again?

If you replace the battery on R/S, then you'll be able to SR again like normal. It won't make a difference on Emerald though.