• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Merry Christmas to all! And I guess I was pretty good this year, Santa brought me a shiny Chespin!!! Adamant, bulletproof, and IVs of 31/31/31/x/31/28! So stoked he got the HA. Good luck on your hunts all, and congrats on the recent shinies! Now I'm on to another Timid Magician Fennekin, with Wish/Hypnosis/Heat Wave egg moves.

Tyrantrum

I caught a Shiny Cubone in the Glittering Cave area a few days ago. After I beat the game, I might go back and train him to be a strong fighter for my team. My first shiny this generation so I'm rather excited.
Also, I tried some chain-fishing with a fainted Inkay in my party after getting the Old Rod, but after a while of no success thought I'd rather get something better then a shiny luvdisc.

EmpressMyuu

Merry Christmas everyone! No new shinies to mention yet, but luckily I'll have plenty of time to continue my search today. However, I finally got to evolve my Chinchou and after a rather lengthy search for a rainy area, evolved my Sliggoo :) Shiny Goodra looks like she was born from a rather happy dream.

Good luck to all and congrats to everyone that's found Christmas shinies--I think Cutty in particular found one that really fits the day in Amaura xD way to go!

TheMaster327

Seeing shiny Moltres in the gen 6 GTS has inspired me to pick up Platinum again... It looks super pink in gen 6!

MercyMe

I see some people finally hatched the shinies they wanted. (^ v ^) CG guys! I FINALLY got back from a Christmas party with the family so now I will be able to do my SR(s). Wish me luck! :D

shadowF

anyone seen a shiny mega mewtwo yet? now that we have pokebank. I am planning on transferring my shiny mewtwo but I am going to wait until I can get pokebank in the U.S.

Gilardino

1400 MM eggs and no shiny phantump yet.. first time I'm breeding with a korean ditto, they work with mm as well right? (the phantump is European)

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
YAY! 348 Horde battles and i completed the community hunt. I got a ADAMANT geodude! I decided to check it out at the stat guy in Kiloude city and found out she has perfect SP. Attack..... Oh well! lol.
Stat line: Geodude - #074 (Adamant) : 3 - 5 / 15 - 18 / 4 - 7 / 31 / 20, 22 / 3 - 6
Community Hunt Complete!!

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
My shinies in Kalos have been limited to a single Bunnlyby and two Alomomolas. I gave the bunnylby to my cousin, and released one of the alomomolas on wonder trade. Then trained up the other as a supporter :3 recently gave him away as a gift to a friend.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I just encountered shiny moltres in ss after 4772 soft resets. Then I accidentally hit run.

SEdive07

DIVEstrong

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
I just encountered shiny moltres in ss after 4772 soft resets. Then I accidentally hit run.

Ouch.. Sorry for your luck, If it makes you feel better it was more then likely adamant..... with 4 0 IV's and it had a Lazy attitude.. you are better off without it.

In other news finished my most recent MM Shiny Honedge, It was an hour and a half after Christmas but I will still count it as my Christmas Miracle!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
So, while I was looking for a Starly horde I encountered a random shiny Nidoran male!

Nature is Docile and has Poison Point as its ability, so it'll just be a trophy shiny. :]

I'm working on completing the Kalos dex right now so I can get the Oval Charm to help out with MMing and just breeding in general. I won't be going for the shiny charm this time around though since I'm more than fine with the new odds. I'll probably get back to hunting for Pumpkaboo after I'm done, and I really hope I don't get anymore repeats >.<!

Well, gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone!

MercyMe

Update:

(Soulsilver) |Cyndaquil|2,555 SR
(Platinum) |Chimchar|400 SR
(White) |Oshawott|500 SR
(White 2) |Tepig|400 SR
(X) |Froakie|330 SR
(Y) |Route 22|1,350 RE

So, another fruitless day for me. ( v _ v ) No Christmas shinies.

I checked out the GTS for the first time in awhile and seeing all of these new Pokemon on the GTS lifted my spirits a bit. :) Pokebank is coming out tomorrow! (Outside of Japan) Everything is at an unfair trade though... I hate seeing starters and "average" Pokemon on trade for legionaries. I guess it's going to be like that for a couple months before they begin to lose their value and I can snatch a few of my own.

CG to any new shinies. :)

@Gilardino: As long as the parents are from different language speaking countries then the Masuda Method should be working. Goodluck hatching your Phantump! (^ v ^)

Neji-and-Pidgeot said:

I feel so so bad for you. :( Shiny fails suck something fierce. I hope you'll continue your SR for another Moltres.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997

Ouch... that is horrible. I know how it feels like to run away or sr over something..

After the awesome eevee I caught yesterday, I caught an horrible minccino. It has Jolly nature with 3 IV's on 0. And not even the IV's are supporting the nature. Sooo... trophy :p my 51th Kalos shiny. Hope to get a shiny eevee today. :3

CallMyName

gratzz on all recent shiny, i'm trying to hatch shiny spritzee for a while now,i'm up to 2.800 egg and no shiny yet T_T what are the mm odd in x and y should i just give up and trying mm with different pokemon or keep going :D any advice would help cause i'm really frustrated now ,merry christmax and happy new year to all ^^

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Evolved my Christmas shiny Ferroseed into a Ferrothorn. Odd how the shiny colour schemes aren't similar at all between the two.

Preparing for Pokemon Bank tomorrow, I have all my Pokemon ready on my White version to send forward, the Shiny Charm is within reach! Speaking of which, in preparation I finally managed to transfer all the Pokemon data to my White 2 so I finally, albeit very delayed, got my White 2 Shiny Charm, so should I ever fancy it there's always another game to shiny hunt on!

wbartholomy

Shiny Collector
gratzz on all recent shiny, i'm trying to hatch shiny spritzee for a while now,i'm up to 2.800 egg and no shiny yet T_T what are the mm odd in x and y should i just give up and trying mm with different pokemon or keep going :D any advice would help cause i'm really frustrated now ,merry christmax and happy new year to all ^^

When I get frustrated I usually switch hunts. I started my Mawile hunt and Honedge hunt at least 3 times a piece... It gets frustrating to go after the same one over and over and over.... My advice is to just try a new poke for a little while you will get what you need eventually.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hey everybody.

I hope I'm not the only one that's looking forward to getting the Poke Bank tomorrow and seeing what some of my shinies look like in X/Y. Not to mention getting a free Celebi. The only Celebi event we had in England (that I know of) was at ToysRus back in 2001 for G/S/C - and my parents wouldn't take me there ;__; So I've never been able to get my own Celebi (though somebody here did trade me a Japanese Collosseum bonus disc one).

As for shiny hunting, I decided to start soft resetting for a shiny Amaura in X. I have three fossils, so the SR can go quite quickly. Currently I'm at 510 SR.

Good luck everybody.