• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well the eshop is up and running again by what i can tell. Hopefully they still plan on releasing the Pokebank/transfer feature tool sometime today, probably tonight around midnight - if not, tomorrow, which i'm alright about.

Um...Nintendo are shutting it down at 4pm ET until 4am ET apparently, so no they won't release it tonight.

Edit: wait, that's Japan time isn't it? If so...never mind.

Anyways, I am now at 23,000 SRs for Giratina...shine soon please?

Good luck and congrats to all of you on any recent shinies. Supremacy needs a lot of luck though (I thought I'd never say that xD)!

Dangertrout

When I was horde hunting yesterday in connecting cave for zubat for speed evs I ran into a shiny zubat! Where most people would be annoyed by this because it's the all-annoying zubat in the cave, but I was really excited because I always wanted a shiny crobat! I'm also glad it is a female because I named her Batgirl. :) I am finishing up my ev training today on the last 2 Shinies i have gotten in X (vanillite and zubat) and then will probably dual Hunt in the safari (now thati am done with my BQ) for either Frogadier or that pesky espurr. I kinda also want to magnet pull for honedge.

As for the ch for next month, I like the idea above about finishing one relating to the animals. That way it gives a variety and I believe we did the "first Route" thing last January. (Showing my elder status here). :p

Anyways, congrats everyone on all their recent shinies and good luck to everyone, especially if you have had a very long Hunt!

Edit: if we do decide to do the Chinese New Year ch, I think so as to cause no confusion, a list should be made of what pokemon would count under what animal/creature.

Good memory! It was on the list of options last year.
It didn't win though, we hunted babies for the new year (like pichu and cleffa).

I unfortunately don't have the time to hold an actual vote, so I'll just continue reading comments and pick one that seems the most popular.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to ShadowRadon on Slowpoke, Fieora on Cyndaquil, mapijs on Tepig, and everyone else on their shinies!

-----------

Well I got a shiny. I want to freaking smash my game against my wall. Another 20,378 REs and what do I get? A 5th Shiny Magby. I thought these things were 25%? After 10 phases so far, I’ve gotten 5 of these ugly pieces of crap. And how many 20% Growlithes? 0. After 10 phases.

This is really freakin annoying. I’ve been here for 10 months and cannot find a Growlithe to save my freakin life.

Onto phase 11 I guess…

Hope everyone else has better luck than me -_-

EDIT: And these 10 phases spent getting everything but my actual target have averaged over the odds for each phase. WHY.

Last edited:

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
So. A few of my games were stolen, including my White version that had almost all of my shinnies and event pokemon on it. Super upset about that.
I think I'll try to breed cyndaquil for now, as it's one of my favorites.

Congrats on all the recent shinnies though, and good luck to all!

Aw man, that's terrible. =[
I hope that cyndaquil shines for you soon.

---

And I just found a shiny Spinda with weird spot placement. I was really hoping for a Swablu or Altaria, but I don't care because I can finally say BADGE QUEST COMPLETE!
Time to MM things~

Last edited:

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Just went over 150 SRs for my shiny Kyurem hunt on Black, and that's nothing. I hope it doesn't take too long though, it shining around 5000 or before would be very nice.

Also regarding the community hunt, I love the idea of hunting Pokémon relating to the animals of the Chinese calendar. That would be a great challenge, would include a variety of Pokémon, and also would give me the chance to complete it since I'm planning on MMing for a shiny Skiddo anyway. ;)

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck on all your hunts! Also really sorry to hear about that Atome, that's awful. D: I hope your Cyndaquil shines for you soon! :)

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to ShadowRadon on Slowpoke, Fieora on Cyndaquil, mapijs on Tepig, and everyone else on their shinies!

-----------

Well I got a shiny. I want to freaking smash my game against my wall. Another 20,378 REs and what do I get? A 5th Shiny Magby. I thought these things were 25%? After 10 phases so far, I’ve gotten 5 of these ugly pieces of crap. And how many 20% Growlithes? 0. After 10 phases.

This is really freakin annoying. I’ve been here for 10 months and cannot find a Growlithe to save my freakin life.

Onto phase 11 I guess…

Hope everyone else has better luck than me -_-

EDIT: And these 10 phases spent getting everything but my actual target have averaged over the odds for each phase. WHY.

Ahh, I know that feel. I went through 17 phases for shiny female Combee, hopefully you get your Growlithe soon. It'll be amazing when it finally shows itself, so don't give up! :]

Well, I have officially resumed my hunt for Pumpkaboo, I will not be leaving this route until I get this stubborn evil pumpkin!

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I like the idea of Chinese New Year themed hunt... but not so much a fan of the nickname idea, mostly because i don't nickname my Shiny Pokemon.

At a quick glance, these are the following animals related to the Chinese calendar;

Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog & Pig.

So, how about a hunt wherein people have to try and get as many "related/themed" Shiny Pokemon as possible. This wouldn't be an easy CH to complete, but it would be interesting to see which Pokemon people choose to go after, especially when restricted in such a way.

Certain exceptions could be made based on limited pokemon for each animal, but only so far as being related to the same Order/Family... i.e. Rats, belong to the Order of Rodentia, which also pertains to beavers & squirrels, meaning you could choose to hunt Pachirisu or Bibarel.

An example hunt could be;

Pachirisu(Order of Rodentia), Bouffalant(Family of Bovinae), Purugly(The Tiger Cat Pokemon), Axew(Dragon), Seviper(Snake), Horsea(Sea-Horse ;) ), Skiddo(Goat), Pansage(Monkey), Unfezant(Order of Phasianidae), Poochyena(Order of Carnivora), Spoink(Pig).

I love the idea, yeah! Maybe could it be a sort of race where people must try to get the twelve animals from the chinese calender!
If, Dangertrout, you take this idea for the community hunt, I propose myself to make the list of every Pokémon fitting with every animal! :D

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
Just hit 540 eggs in my Y Version for my MM hunt for shiny Eevee.

In other news, my friend (the same one who hatched a shiny Honedge in about 80 eggs) just hatched a shiny Litwick today.

I'm getting really discouraged now... at this point, I don't even care if the shiny Eevee is a male or female or whether it has it's hidden ability or not. Preferably, I would like for it to be a female WITHOUT it's hidden ability and at least 4 IV's, but if I get a male with it's hidden ability and 3 IV's, I'll take it! This has taken me about a month now, but I don't want to give up and take a break in fear that I'll hatch, say, a shiny Azurill in two eggs, when that could have been a shiny Eevee.

I'll just keep trying, though... may you all have better luck than I'm having.

Take it from someone who HAD that happen! I hatched a Shiny Omanyte when it could have been a Scatterbug.
Just keep chugging. You'll get that shiny eventually!

Um...Nintendo are shutting it down at 4pm ET until 4am ET apparently, so no they won't release it tonight.

Edit: wait, that's Japan time isn't it? If so...never mind.

Anyways, I am now at 23,000 SRs for Giratina...shine soon please?

Good luck and congrats to all of you on any recent shinies. Supremacy needs a lot of luck though (I thought I'd never say that xD)!

...*hands over luck* Take it. No...TAKE IT! You have been hunting that Pokemon since I joined the Shiny Hunting business with Bronzor! And that is a lot of numbers!!

---

Congrats to everyone who have gained Shinies, good luck to all who are hunting...
I'll be breeding Competitive Pokemon for the Video Game Tournaments...so I might hatch some shinies [...Last time I said this, I got an Omanyte.]
I hope you all have a FANTASTIC day~
~Misty

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Added a few new friends today, and while checking out what kind of pokemon appeared, I ran into a shiny Lampent, my first 6th gen shiny. I've also been breeding some of the starters I've gotten off the GTS. I'm working on Mudkip right now, would be nice to hatch a shiny.

JohnNiles

I would have suggested a Pokebank-available only community hunt but... we didn't get it! :/

I'm still hatching for shinies, just not as quickly, as I did manage to get ahold of a Pokebank pokemon over Wonder Trade and I've been busy breeding to get the rest. I've also been trying to trade for a Storm Drain Lileep but no luck so far, and sometimes I even get my own Lileep back. >.> The difficulty in getting hidden abilities/egg moves is pushing back some of my plans.

Will probably do a massive dump of the shinies I've gotten in the last month. I did finally get up the nerve to play an all-shiny team... it's doing ok considering what I use.

CryHavoc91

Prof. Gengarchomp
Congrats on the newest shinys!!

heres my newest =]

Eevee.jpg

I am working on obtaining 8 shiny Eevee.. so I don't know what this one will be yet.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Found my first shiny in x!

Well, it's just magikarp, byt i still love it. She has Timib nature, which is not the best one, bur shiny is shiny

So I've been feeling a little out of luck lately so I decided to do a quick bit of Chain Fishing to just see if I could get something to shine. And after 4 encounters I hooked a Shiny Corsola, while a duplicate I do love Shiny Corsola so I don't really care. I've literally managed two shines recently this and I found a Shiny Bunnelby several days ago. So now I can feel a little better and maybe not completely out of luck :D

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats to
PrinceB on Ralts, wingman32x on Tyrunt, Umbrie on Clamperl and Mudkip, Cutty on Amaura, Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark on Ponytax2, Dylz on Eevee and Minccino, darthmalice777 on Chespin, LexSuicune on Honedge, Tyrantrum on Cubone, SEdive07 on Geodude, wbartholomy on Honedge, Supremacy on Nidoran(m), Xoinea on Beldum, totoro123 on Skiddo and Shuppet, ClipOwl on Spritzeex2 and Spinda, BugPokemonMaster316 on Swalot, Crimson_Blazer on Skrelp, EmpressMyuu on Clauncher, ShadowRadon on Pancham and Slowpoke, mapijs on Tepig, KittyKitty3308 on Zubat, Cpchris on Magby, Cyhavoc91 on Eevee, Dragalge on Weedle, Sutittaja on Magikarp, TomoEGoto on Bellsprout, RadioactiveShinies on Corsola and Bunnelby and anyone else that got a shiny since my last post.
So two days ago, Christmas Day, I Wonder Traded away my box of non-shiny Noibats and eventually received a Chikorita in return. So decided to go to an ice type Friend Safari to level and fully evolved the Chikorita. This way I would work a little bit more on my pokedex while hunting for a Christmas shiny. Once it was a Meganium traded it for another Johto starter to train and evolve and continued the cycle until I got a Mudkip. As I was training the Mudkip, who had evolved into Marshtomp, there was only one hour of Christmas left on my 3DS (I never changed the time on my 3DS for Daylight Savings Time) and I when looked down at my 3DS and saw this cutie looking at me:
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0259_zpsc9f71e0d.jpg[/IMG139]

I proceeded to catch her in a nice cozy Heal Ball, although I haven't nicknamed her yet. I want to find something festive for her. After I caught her I brought her to the IV Judge who said that she was "Outstanding"! She has a Mild nature, has her Hidden Ability of Oblivious and her IVs are: 31/16/31/15/31/28. More pictures: Summary, OT/ID, Awww. No video yet as the laptop I'm currently using keeps freezing when I try to do anything with the video.

Good luck to all and may the way of the sparkle lead to the shiny!

Edit:...

For the first time ever in my whole time as a shiny hunter... I... I lost my first shiny :( I started hunting shiny Regigigas today after seeing it in X/Y via the GTS and decided to hunt for it in my Diamond Version. It appeared so quickly and I was so happy because Regigigas SRs are long because of all that text. It kept confusion spamming me and Gallade was at +4 Attack because of Swords Dance (Used it twice). I decided to start hitting Regigigas with False Swipe but my stylus taped Rock Smash instead. Gallade snapped out of confusion and I watched as the giant's HP dropped, hoping that it would hang on, until it hit 0. Oh well... all I can do is keep SRing and hope that it returns to me, preferably sooner than later.

[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0268_zps63b475d0.jpg[/IMG139]
R.I.P Regigigas, I never got to know thee.
Regigigas Fail Video

EDIT 2: It came back! After only 2-3 Hours it shone again! I can't believe it!
[IMG139]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DarkSuicune/100-IMGA0270_zps31a0cd2d.jpg[/IMG139]
This time I came prepared, at least more prepared than I was (even though I lost the first one do to a miss click). I found the Smeargle I used to catch my shiny Giratina earlier this year, Ironically it was in the box I was going to send to gen 5 and then to gen 6 with Pokemon Bank. Smeargle's ability Own Tempo protected it from any confusion trolling that Regigigas might try and all I had to do is equip it with a Leppa Berry in case of a long battle. What a long battle it was! Around a half hour of it refusing to stay in any somewhat matching Pokeball. Eventually I resorted to Duskballs and finally it was caught! I named it Titan and it has an Adamant nature (Synchronize worked!) and it's IVs are: 5/20-21/25/25/0-1/31. More pictures: OT/ID, Summary, Video

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Whilst training National Dex Pokemon via swarms, bumped into and caught a shiny Spinda. In all my years playing Pokemon, the only shiny I ever failed to get was a Spinda in Ruby about eight or so years ago, because I didn't have any Pokeballs on me at the time. I've never made that mistake since, and now I've closed the book on a long saga by finally nabbing my shiny Spinda. That makes shiny number fourteen on my X version:

Zangoose
Snover (now Abomasnow)
Drapion
Poliwhirl (now Poliwrath)
Poliwhirl (now Politoed)
Dedenne
Alomomola
Mareep (now Ampharos)
Lickitung (now Lickilicky)
Mienfoo (now Mienshao)
Foongus (now Amoongus)
Gyarados
Ferroseed (now Ferrothorn)
Spinda

Last edited:

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
I have decided to dual magnet pull for honedge on Route 6 and if I just happen to find a shiny espurr in the process, then I will be happy. :) hoping for a short Hunt!

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
Well, finally got around to evolving my licking and he is now a dashing yellow lickilicky! Since pokebank came out in Japan( and was removed), I've been hunting wondertrade and the gts for pokemon I've been wanting. Finally got a porygon, so now I'm quitting my delibird mm to mm for a shiny virtual space duck instead! Let's hope I can get it for the new year!

Congrats to all the new shibies and good luck to all!