• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

ArdhiS

Last edited:

Ajduk

Caught another GrowlithexD
Completed the national pokedex and now it is time to put that shiny charm to good use :D
Btw does any1 know MM odds in pokemon x with shiny charm?

JohnNiles

I'm just going to do a mass info dump.

12/7/13 - Scyther - MM'ed, the IVs are a dud though
12/8/13 - Woobat - found in Friend Safari while checking the types *bleah*
12/13/13 - Lampent - found in Friend Safari while EV training. I've been wanting one for a while but the nature is Adamant *sob*. Unlike in Gen V, it doesn't seem very different from a normal Lampent, and shiny Chandelure is actually looking pretty good from what I've seen.
12/15/13 - Minccino - found in Friend Safari while leveling off Chanseys
12/19/13 - Growlithe - MM'ed.
12/24/13 - Loudred again, from Friend Safari.

?/?/? - Growlithe again. After I got my shiny, I didn't check my last batch of eggs for days. I'm actually a little sore over it, because there are a lot better choices to have duplicates of.

I cut back on MM'ing a little to work on the pokedex, but now I'm going back to hatching full blast. For the first time, I am seriously considering not picking up the shiny charm, and that means leaving some pokemon uncaught. This isn't a trivial matter, as you can't control what cloned/hacked pokemon you receive via Wonder Trade. For those of you in the same boat, which pokemon are you leaving out?

Dangertrout

I've got the list, I'll be posting it on the 1st. Thanks everyone for working on it, and thanks to The Prince of May for typing it up and sending it to me =)

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I'm currently working on completing my national dex in Pokemon Y in preparation for Bank/Transporter release in Europe.

I'll be able to complete the entire Nat Dex myself, bar one Pokemon... Meloetta... Luckily its not needed for the Shiny Charm.

As soon as i get that Shiny Charm, i'll be resuming my hunts.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
I'm just going to pop back in here to say that the reasoning for Absol being in the Tiger category would be the fact that it's most likely based on the Bai Ze, which was said to be able to turn into a large, horned lion. It also appears to be partially based on the black cat superstition. It's not really much of a dog.

...Welll....I fell stupid. xD

--

So...I really wish Pokebank was out last night. while looking at the GTS (For lols), I saw a Shiny Ho-Oh...for trade...looking for a Jarachi. -_- I have the ability to get unlimited Jarachi do to the special Pokemon Colosseum disk...so I could of had a Shiny Ho-Oh. Ah well. xD
Nothing Shining...didn't think anything would, just saying. Froakie...you are taking forever to become perfect. I am a little annoyed.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Egg 403, out comes a shiny Timid Magician Fennekin! IVs 28/x/31/31/31/31! Can't believe I got another HA too. Grats on all the recent shinies and good luck! I know of at least 2 CH pokes I'm going for in Jan. Can't wait!

Bluemiracle

Biologist
FINALLY! after 974 eggs my Aron finally shines. She is Adamant and has perfect IVs exactly where I want: Hp, Attack, Defense and Sp. Defense. She also has the egg moves Head Smash, Superpower and Steath Rocks which goes great with her ability (rock head)

http://s8.postimg.org/9wyrqq21x/IMG00548_20131229_1808.jpg

Very proud of this MM, now I just need to find her a suitable nickname. Congrats on all the latest shinies and good luck to the others

EDIT: wow shiny chikorita o.o awesome, and its female too

Last edited:

mapijs

after 1-2 hours i gave up the search for a shiny dialga... i could do 2 dialga's every minute, that's 120 dialga's an hour, that's around 70 hours just to get near the 1/8500 chance on a shiny, and it could take 30 hours or 150 hours....

i think i'm gonna MM some starters again on pokemon Y instead... >_>

Started a MM for a shiny Froakie a couple days ago. Realized this morning that the Frogadier I'm using ISN'T foreign... so my MM has been normal this whole time. x_x Not sure if I'm gonna try to find another suitable Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja from another country or not... I'm stubborn. LOL

Also, question about Flame Body/Magma Armor - does the ability affect the entire party, or just the egg(s) the Pokémon is next to in the party (e.g. Poké is in the third slot, so the second- and fourth-slot eggs would be affected)??

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Started a MM for a shiny Froakie a couple days ago. Realized this morning that the Frogadier I'm using ISN'T foreign... so my MM has been normal this whole time. x_x Not sure if I'm gonna try to find another suitable Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja from another country or not... I'm stubborn. LOL

Also, question about Flame Body/Magma Armor - does the ability affect the entire party, or just the egg(s) the Pokémon is next to in the party (e.g. Poké is in the third slot, so the second- and fourth-slot eggs would be affected)??

It covers all the eggs in your party.

@BlueMiracle Congrats! I love Aron, and its mega evo is badass looking. Enjoy!

13 eggs into my MM hunt for Goomy, a shiny modest Gooey female hatched! My fastest MM hunt ever, so excited. Getting a 10K step egg shiny so soon is a HUGE relief. Guess I'm gonna EV train a few of these pokes and wait for Jan to start the CH hunt.

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

Well, finally broke my Shiny drought yesterday with a(nother) Shiny Fraxure. This one was Female (like the last one I caught), had a Sassy nature, had Rivalry as its ability, and had relatively superior potential with 31 IVs in HP, Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense...... with 0 Defense IVs.... >_<

MYNISTA

In Christ
Right after I scooped up my Shiny Sneasel (Now a fresh Shiny Weavile) & Breloom within 5 minutes of eachother (Dec 21st), I picked up a [another] Shiny Audino & TWO Shiny Explouds on Dec 22nd! Within the last couple of days I found a Shiny Eevee (now a Shiny Vaporeon), and a Shiny Chansey (Now a shiny Blissey)! My hunts have been going well! Stay tuned! Good times...best game ever!

[img300]http://24.media.tumblr.com/3e06756d13eeb3b0bc89246f7b3521ca/tumblr_myl519p3Cg1s4x0zvo1_500.png[/img300]

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I just caught a Shiny Pumpkaboo while hunting for a Large one. It's not Large, but it's still a shiny! I named it Gueist, after the Fighter I used when I played Final Fantasy on the Playstation.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Hello again everyone! Merry Christmas and congrats on all the festive shinies! :D

Lately I've been preparing a bit for Pokemon Bank but as that all seems to have broken I've also been concentrating on shinies. Managed to add to my HG hunt so I'm now at 18,000 REs. >.< But I've also been attempting chaining with the Pokeradar, something that I cold never get to grips with in the older games but am having a bit more luck with now. I haven't gotten any shinies but I've actually managed to get a chain up to 40 which is really good for me! ^^;

Some of the tips on here have been really helpful but I think I've probably missed a lot of news too so sorry if it's already been said but do we know anymore about chaining on X and Y yet? Like, do we know if 40 is the max chain like before and if so, do we know what the odds are at that point? Any other info I should know about or diffrences between the old chaining rules?

EDIT: Oooo, and do we know Friend Safari odds yet? *fingers crossed*

Last edited:

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Sandshrew's are obviously similar to the Armadillos. Armadillos aren't rodents though so I don't think they should be under the RAT. Sneasel... I don't even know what Sneasel is but besides its claws I don't think it looks like a rodent whatsoever. :(

Sandshrews are pangolins. Still more armadillo than rodent though... Sneasels are weasels but also not rodents. Bidoof/Bibarel are rodents but not tiny mice/rat/squirrel rodents. :S

> Virizion is under HORSE. Cobalion is under SHEEP. So why not put Terrakion under OX? The OX list is looking VERY limited right now.

I like this though. I've always thought Terrkion looked very strong, determined and hard-working like an Ox. :)

Goat
Mareep - Flaaffy - Ampharos - Cobalion - Skiddo - Gogoat
Sheep are close to goats, and I wanted to have more Pokémon in 'goat' than a line and a legendary.

Dunno if it's a ram or a goat but, Whimsicott?

And I didn't aim to double post but I hit enter by accident, my computer logged me out, and then when I logged back in it auto posted...so sorry. ^^;

Last edited:

The Exalt

Original
Guys guess what! While hunting for shiny phantump, on my 7th encounter a shiny Dusclops popped up!!

It has a careful nature, which i was trying to synch on my Phantump. Its capable of taking hits. Its potential is above average overall, and it has 31 IVs in HP and Defense.
This makes it my second Y shiny. And let me just say, this is the shiny I least wanted, but the red looks so good on the 3DS, I probably won't evolve it. I will probably give it Eviolite so we will see what happens! And also i got it before my birthday so that rocks! :D

Now I'm gonna continue my hunt looking for that shiny Phantump!

http://i.imgur.com/nEWBl8K.jpg

Last edited:

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
So after much deliberation I have chosen my first ever SR target. It will be Moltres in my Fire Red version. I am super excited and in it for the long haul!!!