• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

mapijs

has it already been confirmed that shiny charm will be/is in the game?
i really hope not... the shiny chances are at the moment already too high, shinies should be rare, that's makes them so valuable!

Xionea

Half a centaur
i really hope not... the shiny chances are at the moment already too high, shinies should be rare, that's makes them so valuable!

If I recall correctly, Serebii already posted that it is indeed in the game.

Ajduk

It is in the game, I have it.
The difference is too small to notice :)

Caught a shiny Sligoo 10min ago :)
Good IV, but Docile -.-'

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

I've been really indecisive about my next shiny hunt lately but I've finally decided on my target and started. I'm going to try for a shiny Unburden Treecko. I'm using a Timid Unburden female with 31/31/31/X/31/31 IVs and an Adamant Japanese Mudkip with the same IVs. The Mudkip is holding the Everstone. I've already hatched 2 boxes with no luck but after my Zorua hunt I'm prepared for this one to last awhile too.

EDIT: I just hatched my shiny Treecko after only 61 eggs. Really happy that this hunt was quick. It's a male with 31/31/31/X/31/X IVs. Quite sad that he didn't inherit the Speed IV but he has his hidden ability so it doesn't matter. Still really happy I got him ^_^

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Last edited:

CryHavoc91

Prof. Gengarchomp
does anyone know if you can SR the event Scizor and Garchomp you can get from the North American Walmarts? I tried to find the answer in the thread, but couldn't find it...

For all event pokemon unless they're programmed to be shiny then they won't be shiny, I think you can still however sr for natures and such. (Ie the event torchic is never gonna be shiny but it could be adamant or docile or whatever other nature)

thank you =]

Last edited:

Maedar

Banned
I lucked out and found a Shiny pretty early in Y, a Rhyhorn in Glittering Cave.

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
A while ago I started an MM for Skiddo. I got to about 500 eggs before deciding to take a break, but I think I'm going to start it up again, especially since I have far better parents this time around.
I'll probably hold it off until January, though.

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
does anyone know if you can SR the event Scizor and Garchomp you can get from the North American Walmarts? I tried to find the answer in the thread, but couldn't find it...

For all event pokemon unless they're programmed to be shiny then they won't be shiny, I think you can still however sr for natures and such. (Ie the event torchic is never gonna be shiny but it could be adamant or docile or whatever other nature)

Congrats on all the new shinies, seems like there's a lot of them!

I've been hunting but pretty much just focusing on my Kalos starter hunt. I'm currently at 1,803 srs which really isn't a lot but because of how long the sr's take, sure feels like it. I tried to work on my torchic hunt which still stands at 24,471 srs, the other day but I'm pretty sure the battery went dry (which would make it the third version that's done so), though I could have grabbed the dry version by mistake. If it really is dry then I'm not sure what to do about the torchic hunt. I'm actually considering hunting for it in HG/SS but I don't know yet.

Good luck to everyone else and happy (almost) new year!

NanoZero

Ice Trainer
Caught a shiny Lampent at the Friend Safari~! First RE in a Pokemon game ever for me.
Currently working through an MM for Honedge. About 70-100 eggs in.

Congrats everyone on the shinies and good luck to those who are hunting!
I got a 4v Japanese Honedge on the GTS so I'm going to try breed one with 5 or 6 perfect IVs to breed with the Japanese one so I can start a MM hunt. I'm still thinking whether I should postpone it to try MM a shiny Ralts (which I originally planned to do once I got a shiny Shuppet). I wonder if anyone will get a shiny at midnight. That'd be cool. :D

Rain Dance

It's Raining Again..
Currently SR'ing for Treecko in Emerald, and MM'ing a Piplup in X c: finally found my shiny Vanillite in a horde yesterday. <3

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
So I was farming Lucky Eggs, and a shiny Chansey appeared, heres what happened.
1. Gothitelle found Chansey's Lucky Egg.
2. Gothitelle used Thief and stole Chansey's Lucky Egg.
3. Swapped to Marowak.
4. Marowak used False Swipe, Chansey is at 1hp.
5. Chansey used Take Down.
6. I cried a little inside. q.q

Omishka

Mudkip Master
So I sweet scented for a shiny Miltank on Route 12 earlier today and I ended up finding a shiny Wingull instead! It has a bashful nature and it looks gorgeous! And about 20 or so minutes later I found a shiny Stunky in a horde. It has a quiet nature but I think I can make it work! Maybe tomorrow I'll sweet scent hunt for my Miltank again and then a shiny Vanillite or a Chubchoo! Good luck and congratulations on other peoples hunts!

MercyMe

Update:

[Soulsilver] |Cyndaquil|3,100 → 3,300 SR
[X] |Froakie|500 → 630 SR

I haven't been able to work on any of my SR hunts for the past two days. These were the only two I was able to do tonight. 130 SR for Froakie and 200 SR for Cyndaquil. It really doesn't seem like a lot, but SRing for a Kalos starter takes SO much time to do. I really hope it doesn't go over 1,000 SR.

CG on all the new shinies, and GL to those still hunting. ESPECIALLY to those who are hunting for a Kalos starter. I feel your pain. :(

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hey guys. Happy new year's eve!

I'm still hunting for my shiny Amaura in X. I'm at 2019 soft resets for it. But I've also been breeding a lot of the old starters that I've been getting through wonder trade/the GTS.

I actually managed to get a flawless Japanese male Eevee through wonder trading yesterday, so I've decided its time to start breeding for a shiny Fennekin (one that I'll actually evolve this time ^^ ). So I caught myself a female Timid HA Braixen from the FS and I've started hatching Fennekin.

Good luck everyone. Congrats on new shinies!

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
So, it's that time of year! The end of 2013 is upon us (and for some, already passed), so I would like to reflect over my shinies this year. I have done some wonderful hunts this year, and all of them have given me wonderful shinies. The list of them is here, in reverse order:

Dwebble - December
Druddigon - December
Ariados - November
Tangela - November
Durant - November
Clauncher - October
Victreebel - October
Klefki - October
Swadloon - September
NidoranM - August
Snivy - July
Swinub - June
Pidove - June
Magikarp (Lost) - June
Floatzel - June
Roselia - May
Totodile - May
Cyndaquil - May
Bellsprout - May
Skarmory - March
Elekid - March
Buizel - February
Bronzor - February
Hoothoot - February
Starly - January

So, May was my most prolific month, with 4 shinies! I had a few months where I got three shinies in too. Overall, that total is 25 seen and 24 caught! I've done well this year, so here's to a year of new shinies for you all! I also have a special target at some point next year, which will be...a roamer on Platinum! The roamer in particular will be Cresselia, but I'll have to wait until I have a decent amount of time to hunt it.

Good luck and congrats on the recent shinies everyone!

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
So I was farming Lucky Eggs, and a shiny Chansey appeared, heres what happened.
1. Gothitelle found Chansey's Lucky Egg.
2. Gothitelle used Thief and stole Chansey's Lucky Egg.
3. Swapped to Marowak.
4. Marowak used False Swipe, Chansey is at 1hp.
5. Chansey used Take Down.
6. I cried a little inside. q.q

And this is why I do not use False Swipe, but rather Super Fang.

I am so sorry for your lost. ;-;