• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Just going to respond to the first point quickly.
The issue I'm having is the vast number of people completing hunts making it difficult to track, even with the ability to just browse the thread for the "CH complete" marker.
So right now we have zero people on the front page.

First off, it's not a trust issue, so don't worry about that.

I'm not saying that people who can't upload can't PARTICIPATE in the CH, the current method of announcement would still stand.
The difference is only that the ones who take the time to upload pics would get to be on the front page.

I could go with only recording when we do hunts outside of X&Y, but that solution has it's own problems.
When I suggest generation exclusive hunts I often get a lot of resistance because people want to hunt in their favorite games, not the ones sitting on the shelf collecting dust.
Also, some people only started playing this year and therefor only have the new game.

Anyways, continue discussing and I'll continue to think on it.

Is there someway that everyone could fill in their own info in something like a google.doc then you just copy and paste it into the first post periodically?

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Started to SR Articuno in Soul Silver today. About 75 so far, not very much, but still. I hope that it will shine soon.

Laurelai

For Gen VI, the CH for March sounds fun! Hopefully I can keep focus on this month though >.< I keep building for teams

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
I'm still on my self-imposed team challenge, trying to recreate my original Y playthrough team in shiny form and then I plan on using it to crush the Battle Maison in style. Halfway through and been trying for about two weeks now for a Torchic and said "if it's not in this last batch of eggs I'm moving on." The second last egg did it. Only problem is that it's Calm natured and has Blaze. Arguably the worst possible Torchic. Not that I'm much of a competitive battler but still....Oh well, still happy. 4 down, 2 to go, moving on to Honedge now!

Also congrats and good luck to everyone on their shiny hunts!

That was quick! Got that blood-red Honedge within about 20 eggs of shiny Torchic. Yeah buddy! On to my MMing my final team member, the illustrious lord Goomy.

rocky505

I was EV training on Wingull hordes last night when this beautiful little gal showed up.

She's my 3rd Shiny capture(All RE) and 4th that I've seen(Stupid Geodude died from it's partner using magnitude 10!)

I was breeding for Female 5IV Ralts in Moon Balls and...stumbled onto an imperfect 5IV SHINY one with right nature and ability. So I guess I should be happy!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I have hatched 90 Eevee eggs and no shiny. I filled up 2 boxes of Eevee eggs last night. If something shines soon I would be thrilled! Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Voodoo900

been shiny hunting this morning on a snow day. Praise the friend safaris, was able to find a shiny ariados in a poison safari and shiny phantump in a ghost one. So with the ariados, I was able to complete the community hunt this month, yay!

edit: the phantump counts too, double win!

Last edited:

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Congratz: conrado001 on Mr. Mime, shinyclauncher1234 on Granbull, ClipOwl on Venipedes, MultiDarkShadow777 on Cyndaquil, sdotj on Lillipup & Eevee, Drakonekoshi on Cubone & Nidoran, Rain Dance on Fletchling & Stunky, Cyberra on Wingull, Supremacy on Meditite, jrmftw on the awesome find & wingull & murkrow & Cyndaquil, blue8arman on Poliwhirls & Spewpa & Audino, ArdhiS on all those shinies (soo many!), MYNISTA on Tropius, ,mapijs on Abra, NintendoFan82 on Dragalge, Alfred Jones on Shelgon, DCFCdan on Hoppip, TaurosRicardo on Zubat, TheEmeraldKnight on Aipom, Jirachi9 on Rhydon & Charmander, Squirtle_Master on Charmander, Duckzorz on Gastly, PhazonRain429 on Goomy, FarFromFreedom on Whismur, xKatie0391 on Phantump, PKMaster2 on Beldum, Tsukuyomi56 on Wingull, TheFonz on Gengar, Crimson Penguin on Totodile, The Benmeister on Zweilous, Greedy Chibi on Buneary, AquaRegisteel on Rattata, darthmalice777 on Scatterbug, *IZ* on Frogadier, Heliotrope on Kyurem, Scrufox86 on Dugtrio & Dedenne, WlitheProphet on Braixen, Shine on Froakie, Draknir on Honedge, DetectivexConan on Nidoran, GildedScizor on Torchic, Keovix on Groudon, imaGe on Ralts, Voodo900 on Ariados & Phantump And everyone else on there shinies!!!

I'm currently at 300 eggs for my Oshawott MM hunt, but I put that on a hold so I could start my first BQ ever on HeartGold. Really hoping for a shiny Chikorita but I will gladly take a Cyndaquil or a Totodile too! Really hope it wil shine soon.

Good luck on the ones still hunting!!

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
Welp. My mother JUST encountered a Shiny Snubbull in the Friend Safari with the Shiny Charm...I am now finishing that Pokedex!! Now I will be working hard on my Pokedex, with 481 in my dex at the moment.
I do want to continue the hunt for my Girlfriend's Gastly, but if I cannot get it by V-day, I am not complaining. After all, her 3DS' Wi-Fi seems to be really bad right now, as she cannot connect to anything internet related in games (yet, she can get on eShop)

----------
After a very, VERY long day of trading a Mankey back and forth, I am now 698 Pokemon into the Pokedex. Oh...my...god...That was really, REALLY long.
Might take a nice break and collect some Gastly tomorrow...but...I am really beat. I am going to bed.

Congrats to everyone who is hunting, and I hope you all have a fantastic day.
Good luck everyone~ :3

Last edited:

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
Managed to chain these two over the past couple days. I didnt plan on using them outside of random in game battles so natures didnt really bother me. (Modest and Rash respectively)
Only the highly elusive flabebe left and i can leave route 7.

Successfully chained flabebe on route seven ended up with careful nature and orange flower. I think im ready for another MM so froakie will be next on my list.

Last edited:

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
And so round 3 of Honedge has ended with no red blade hatching. Hatched 450 eggs now, thus making it my longest MM hunt on X so far... hope it shines for me soon.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a shiny since my last post, and good luck to everyone currently hunting! :)

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter
Congratulations to all the new shiny Pokemon! :)

I feel rather guilty for the amount of luck I have had over the last few days, as after 160+ eggs I found my second breed shiny, a Honedge! (Named Vastra!)

Probably my favorite alternative color of any Pokemon I have yet seen. She has great stats, and is now an Aegislash!

I am unsure what to do now though... my goal is to get a team of six shiny ghost Pokemon, but I don't know whether to take a brake. Perhaps try Hoard-hunting a shiny Murkrow? Its that, or trying MM'ing a shiny Spiritomb or Houndour (I know, not a ghost Pokemon, but I am wondering whether I should make a 'horror' team instead of pure ghost).

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
Sorry for disappearing school had caught up with me,
GOOD NEWS, with help from lovely people on my W2 I manage to score the Shiny Charm.
Yes, it's subjective, but since Pokebank isn't out yet and I want my Solosis, it's this or that...
No shinies on my end, I have entered a 4 week drought.

MDS777

The name's Riley
Congrats to everyone on their shinies. Nice Shuppet, ScorpionX :p

I'm still having some pretty bad luck on my shiny Shuppet MM reclaim. I haven't hatched many today due to my arm muscle twitching all day, which rarely happens to me. My total count of eggs hatched for Shuppet is 2,860.

Good luck to those still hunting. Hopefully all of you will have way better hunts than the one I'm having now.

Last edited:

MrThEsTaN

Rare collector
I have hatched 550 MM eggs for a 5-6 IV shiny Cyndaquil, but so far no luck.

Also, I've just recently picked up an OT Mat shiny Manaphy. I know that 99% of his pokemon are legit, but just to be certain, is there anything fishy about the Manaphy? It has a Premier Ribbon if that helps.

Clarity

Rawr! <3
After 4,290 eggs I got my shiny Vulpix! :D I'm so happy right now I could cry. xD

[IMG200]http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp203/darklover50/Mobile%20Uploads/97348e3a-6449-4b91-b98a-7c127dbc9fab_zps6f81efa0.jpg[/IMG200]
Named her Yuki. :3

Congrats on recent shinies and good luck hunting everyone! :)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I've decided to add Espeon and Umbreon to the CH list for this month, since they're a pair too

(don't worry, I'm not removing Lillipup-Purrloin even though they're not a pair, since someone might already started hunting for them. Or is there no one here hunting for them?
If no one is hunting for them, I'll remove them off the list)

Also, I've started collecting Tyrunt eggs for this month's CH, hopefully I'll get the shiny VERY soon this time, all my previous MM hunts in my X lasted for more than 1000 eggs -_-

Secondly, what about a 3 part hunt for March? One in which you need all three parts to complete the CH?
part one = grab bag selected via random generator
part two = selected green shinies for st patties day
part three= selected gold/yellow shinies for the pot of gold

I'll throw in the proposed list so people can argue about the validity of the choices ahead of time :p They were all chosen with a random generator, but the green and yellow ones were pulled aside for the other two categories. Also, for the first part I made sure to get two families for each gen.

Meowth / Persian
Diglett / Dugtrio
Larvitar / Pupitar / Tyranitar
Lugia
Feebas / Milotic
Seedot / Nuzleaf / Shiftry
Shieldon / Bastiodon
Burmy / Wormadam / Mothim
Mienfoo / Mienshao
Oshawott / Dewott / Samurott
Spritzee / Aromatisse
Froakie / Frogadier / Greninja

Pansage / Simisage
Bagon / Shellgon / Salamence
Mime Jr. / Mr. Mime
Dragonite
Mankey / Primeape
Grimer / Muk
Bulbasaur / Ivysaur / Venusaur
Huntail
Doduo / Dodrio
Zubat / Golbat
Lileep
Woobat

Caterpie
Gorebyss
Lickitung / Lickilicky
Girafarig
Pineco / Forretress
Silcoon
Buizel / Floatzel
Hoothoot
Ferrothorn
Torchic / Combusken
Swablu / Altaria
Piloswine

I like the idea, but having to complete all 3 seems a bit too much. IMO, make it a minimum of 2.