• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
after nearly two days of searching (and one shiny Floette), i have found myself a shiny Mawile!

I'm quite please, and for those wondering he has an Adamant nature and is one of few pokemon for which i actively searched for a beneficial nature. Sadly i was hoping for intimidate for an ability, but Sheer Force will be fine either way.

he also has the rare honour of earning a nickname, San-Kuchi (Three-Mouth).

San-Kuchi

Mega San-Kuchi

Floette

Edit: I should mention that I was using Magnet Pull earlier to increase my chances of finding a Mawile, but after so long i figured "I'll go get a ralts for synchronizing an Adamant nature." San-Kuchi was the second pokemon to appear after returning

Congrats on any Shinies since my last post, especially Supremacy with that Amaura! and to CryHavoc91, very nice getting that Ralts of yours, my first shiny was a Ralts who's also a Gallade!

Last edited:

Eclair~

ES member Eclair
Whelp, hatched my shiny ;092;, at the 159th egg out of 160. (Actually I just remembered, I got 1 more egg to hatch >_>) Sadly it is a girl and with only 4 IVs. >__> (Needed a male with 5IVs) Also sadly, I figured it'd be a girl seeing as how most of the eggs hatched were female. I SWEAR only a quarter were male. 50/50 male/female rate my ***! :/ I was so happy when she hatched but when you plan on specifics, and plan to use them in battle, something like this screws that up. lol Well, that aside, onto my next shiny mm. Only question is, which one will be next? (Maybe Shiny Amoura?) I'll edit in my next one once I figure it out. :)
EDIT: Decided to mm for a a shiny :570:

i just got my shiny ralts, soon to be a gallade, with mean look! he will be my hunter! good luck to all!
So you got your shiny male Ralts on 4/13/14 in 76 eggs. Strange since I got mine on the 12th of same month/year and at exactly 120 eggs and sadly, also a male. (5IVs at least but wanted a female...) Oddly enough, the person above you hatched a shiny Eevee, I hatched two myself a day or so before the Ralts. :)

EDIT:

Uhh... WHAT!?

Perhaps this is a sign I should indeed hunt for a shiny Amoura myself. (Made my post above then saw your new post. :)
EDIT: Oh and congrats on the new shiny and at such a fast one too! :)

Last edited:

Sparky Mc-S

Let the sparks fly~
So I'm about 200 RE on my Platinum, hoping for Starly. And about 100 RE for SS, looking for Zubat.

I have a question if anyone can help. I've tried putting images in my posts but nothing seems to work. Is it because my

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Congratulations to pokemaster13 on Articuno and completing your badge quest, Manakete-Girl on Absol and Gible, Cutty on Zubat and Fletchling, Sito on Meditite, mellowrush on Skiddo, SilverChiko on Roggenrola, Solfatara on Dugtrio, maldoror on Taillow, Eclair~ on Zubat and Gastly, CryHavoc91 on Ralts, Ze DreamGirl on Eevee, Supremacy on Scatterbug and Amaura, Bambo on Inkay and Basculin, wobbanut on Zangoose, Shadowkrow on Gastly, Sparky Mc-S on Cyndaquil, Dangertrout on Swinub, Missingno. Master on Trevenant, avsimone on Riolu, LegionarioHumano on Bulbasaur, and everyone else on your shinies!

---

So I'm slowly making progress with my hunts. I'm at 2200 SRs in HG for a starter, and who knows how many for Squirtle in LG, but I've been hunting it for three months now so probably quite a few.
I also restarted my Y version just to do a regular play through, but when I'm done that I'll be going back to that Zubat MM I put on hold a while back.

Good luck to everyone hunting, especially those with long hunts (TheMaster327 and Cpchris) and those who've lost shinies (Rain Dance).

mifune

Aloha, it's been almost 6 years since I was doing this. Picked up Y a few months ago, and after beating the game decided to try the chain fishing, messed up at 68, but then got another chain going and a shiny Horsea popped up, he is now a Seadra, soon to be a Kingdra (He is named Poseidon, of course).
Hopefully, I can have a lot more posts about my goings on, like I used to once upon a time.

Manakete-Girl

'Cause Dragon Types
Of all things my spring break has been... It turns out to be mutible MM sucesses! I've just had my 4th less than 300 egg succes, A shiny male Eevee on egg 57, it only has 2 31iv in HP and Speed but it's the fourth so had to go downhill, named him Kiseki meaning miracle. Now expecting a 1000+ egg hunt after all this success and failures on chain fishing (150 chain and no shiny?! Come on and MMing been so lucky?!). Well Kiseki's going to be a Sylveon because he's Timid and I have no Fairy type shinies yet.

Shiny Eevee!.JPG

Navarch

Of all things my spring break has been... It turns out to be mutible MM sucesses! I've just had my 4th less than 300 egg succes, A shiny male Eevee on egg 57, it only has 2 31iv in HP and Speed but it's the fourth so had to go downhill, named him Kiseki meaning miracle. Now expecting a 1000+ egg hunt after all this success and failures on chain fishing (150 chain and no shiny?! Come on and MMing been so lucky?!). Well Kiseki's going to be a Sylveon because he's Timid and I have no Fairy type shinies yet.

View attachment 12320

I'd say you should evolve it into a Jolteon or Espeon, Sylveon doesn't have too good Speed for a Timid Nature. But hey, thats just me, congrats!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Round 5 for deerling is over with no sparkles found. Round 6 egg collection begins after I sleep.

With my scatterbug MM over I was REing earlier, got 500 more REs done. I had intended to get at least another 400 done at night but I found the Shingeki no Kyojin kink meme and my plans got entirely derailed.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Hello again...congrats to the recent shinies, particularly Supremacy on that gorgeous Icy Snow Scatterbug / Vivillon and on Amaura, and congrats to pokemaster on Zapdos and Articuno - and completing your Badge Quest!

YES!!! After just 1,526 SRs, Articuno shone for me!! For some reason I was paying really close attention while I was hunting, and when I saw it coming across the screen I thought 'no way....' There were times early in the hunt when I thought Articuno looked a little brighter than normal, but this time I immediately knew it was shiny even before the sparkles appeared. It looks so awesome!!

[IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/ArticunoIn-battle_zpse57512f5.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/squashin8er/ArticunoSummary_zps1d4a80f8.jpg[/IMG139]

As you may have noticed, I now have all eight shinies for my FireRed Badge Quest!! Which means I can finally say...... Badge Quest Complete!!! Although I think I might be hunting for a ninth shiny before I face the Elite Four. Maybe. I'll probably decide after I beat the final gym, because I'm indecisive at the moment. I just feel like I need to do another hunt to fill the gap between the last gym and the Elite Four... Eh, I'll worry about it later. I'm way too tired to decide. Regardless, I'll do a recap of my Badge Quest soon, most likely tomorrow.

Articuno does look lovely too, by the way ^-^

Anyways, my hunts are going along alright. I am at 1,650 REs in Relic Castle now (which I am actually racing RaichuArcanine for Sandile!). I doubt I'll get Sandile, but it is 50/50 as to who I get. And to be honest, Sandile is really pretty in shiny form. Black, green and blue is a pretty nice mix of colours, so I hope I do get it. Yamask is by no means a bad shiny, however!

On my HeartGold Badge Quest, I moved from the Electrode hunt and I decided to hunt something that should never have escaped from me - Magikarp in the Safari Zone. A 255 catch rate Pokémon shouldn't flee from 3 balls, so I think it's time to rightfully reclaim what should've been mine. Of course, I do risk finding and losing a Marill or a Wooper, but I'm here for Magikarp. I don't know whether I'll continue here if I do catch something else that isn't a Magikarp, but we'll see.

That hunt is at 150 REs now though.

Good luck to the rest of you (including anyone I've mentioned before) and in particular Roseheart95 on Lugia! You deserve it after such a long time, let's be honest.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
I think I am going to take a break from hunting. Everything in me is completely shot. I have no real modivations to hatch 1,000s of eggs or encounter 4k Pokemon for a small chance of getting something.

I'm just...going to curl in bed...and wish I wasn't born...

Pluski

I'm currently Masuda breeding my way through the Kanto dex, and it's going really well!

Yesterday, I got a shiny male Nidoran at 227 eggs, and just now, I got a shiny female at egg number 158! Even though the chance of getting shinies with the Masuda Method is really high this generation, I would have expected to hatch more eggs to get both a male and a female. My next goal is Clefairy (Cleffa)!

CallMyName

Well today pokemon game been especially good to me i got 2 shiny in 300 egg patch ^^ it a shiny heracross 1 5ivs missing spatk the other is 4 is missing spatk and speed both female in moon ball ^^ would been nice if 1 is male.I been wondering for a while is it possible to trade a kurt pokeball from HG and SS over to platinum and catch a pokemon in platinum eg. like evee or snover etc?

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Well. I've just caught up on the thread after a long weekend away and congrats on all the shinies!

I left somewhat despondent that no shiny Seedot had happened for me yet on 600 eggs. (Adding to the almost 900 eggs with various contents prior to that, it was almost 1.5k since the last MM'd shiny egg). So, the holiday allowed some egg collecting to happen. First 150 batch, nothing. 2 quick batches of 50... nothing. Another 150 batch, which was hatched through on our way home yesterday... AND FINALLY... funnily enough, it was only egg #11 of that batch so another 139 eggs had to hatch (no more in that lot). 5IVs (but two 6IVs parents so that's unsurprising...) but missing Att which is what I wanted since I was running Adamant, but I like the shiny Seedot more anyway, so she can stay a trophy :). Oh named her Sequoia and does have the preferable Chlorophyll ability!

And that means Community Hunt 2/3 complete!

Now for the last leg... Lotad (couldn't resist the Seedot & Lotad combo hunt!)

LullabyVullaby

Shiny Collector
OH MY GOD GUYS I JUST WON'T BELIEVE IT ONLY 87 SRS INTO A NEW FILE AND...

This beautiful shiny showed up after only 2287 SRs and it has a hasty nature I still can't believe my eyes this shiny was so unexpected. I want to congratulate Supremacy on his shiny Amaura, a well deserved shiny after all those phases for Scatterbug.

Our badge quest race is just now beginning or me but still good luck on your next badge shiny. I will be hunting Zigzagoon on route 2 next I'm expecting a lot of phases out of this hunt. I wouldn't mind a long RE hunt after that Fennekin hunt was so nice to me, Good luck on your hunts everyone.

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
I got a shiny octillery yesterday when chain fishing, after a 42 chain. :D
it's a bit dissapointing how fast you can get shinies this way though...

I finally got my shiny ralts after a few weeks (maybe even months) of MM'ing. I had just given up as well and decided to get rid of the eggs to start a new MM xD
I'm now starting a gastly MM, hopefully the RNG wont be as cruel to me as before ;D
Good luck with your shiny hunts everyone!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
OH MY GOD GUYS I JUST WON'T BELIEVE IT ONLY 87 SRS INTO A NEW FILE AND...

This beautiful shiny showed up after only 2287 SRs and it has a hasty nature I still can't believe my eyes this shiny was so unexpected. I want to congratulate Supremacy on his shiny Amaura, a well deserved shiny after all those phases for Scatterbug.

Our badge quest race is just now beginning or me but still good luck on your next badge shiny. I will be hunting Zigzagoon on route 2 next I'm expecting a lot of phases out of this hunt. I wouldn't mind a long RE hunt after that Fennekin hunt was so nice to me, Good luck on your hunts everyone.

Major gratz! It's so cool that both our shiny foxes ended up with a Hasty nature. :] Good luck on Zigzagoon.

Well after much thinking, I've decided to hunt on Route 10 for my badge quest. I'd take anything on this route except Emolga (I'm just not really a fan of it) but I'm hoping for Eevee, Snubbull, or Sigilyph the most. There's a possibility I could get another shiny Hawlucha or Golett, but I don't mind. Very curious to find out which one shines.

In other news, I've hatched about 800 eggs for Spritzee, so it seems like it's gonna be stubborn one but I've had worse. I haven't done much hunting in the Abundant Shrine; mainly since I never feel like triple hunting, I might try today though.

Good luck everyone!

Scrufox86

Oh wow.... I got the third pokemon from the safari in shiny form... so I have my shiny Diggersby! and now I can leave this safari as I have all three. Almost done with ground type safaris. I just want to take a break from friend safari hunting for a while so I am currently on route 5 horde hunting. I am aiming for a shiny Gulpin but no doubt it will give me everything else first lol. I will then go back to my MMed eggs and start hatching them before returning to friend safari most likely. Have any of you been doing a shiny horde quest? By that I mean getting at least one shiny of every available horde pokemon?

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post and good luck shiny hunters!

ohjeezitskim

Was doing more trade shop requests and was finishing up my last one of the day!
I was getting 5% of the nature I needed (1 in 20 was curse body..)

So I took that one curse body with IVs of 31/31/31/xx/31/xx and bred it with my flawless Jap ditto
did ten eggs, and the 7th egg hatched as a shiny female :3

With the right ability..
AND the correct IV spread of 31/xx/31/31/31/31 :'D

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Was doing more trade shop requests and was finishing up my last one of the day!
I was getting 5% of the nature I needed (1 in 20 was curse body..)

So I took that one curse body with IVs of 31/31/31/xx/31/xx and bred it with my flawless Jap ditto
did ten eggs, and the 7th egg hatched as a shiny female :3

With the right ability..
AND the correct IV spread of 31/xx/31/31/31/31 :'D

Wow Kim, that's mega-lucky! Congratz! I wanna start hunting again, but homework is too heavy atm...