• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Congrats on your shinies, you guys =D

Well....Now I can also report that my Masuda hunt finally has prevailed. With my female European Totodile and a male Japanese Froakie paired together, after 371 eggs, I finally got a shiny Totodile X3.

Male, Hardy nature

Though his HP is fantastic, his normal ATK is unfortunately terrible, but I only bred for it to shine, so I have to see how I can still EV train it as good as possible ^___^;;

Last edited:

mellowrush

Congratulations everyone, sparkly and beautiful shiny ^.^
I started again with the MM hoping to achieve my first shiny through this method....the chosen one may be eevee; it may be a classic one, but I've never had it, so wish me luck with that
I'm hatching few eggs right now...it takes some time, but I hope it'll be worth

Pokemon Fire Red BQ:
Still at professor Oak's lab, SRing for a shiny squirtle; today I've added like two hundred tries,but without fortune...patience! (again)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, no birthday shiny for me at this rate, but what can you do?

Sandile is now at 2,193 REs, whilst Magikarp is at 231 REs. Hopefully something shines in the short amount of time left, but it's unlikely.

Congrats on the shinies recently (particularly LullabyVullaby on Fennekin! What a great shiny :p) and good luck to you all!

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I finally reclaimed my Bergmite from about a week ago. I was hoping more for a Snorunt, but oh well. I named her Goldeneyce, and she is Timid with a Mischievous characteristic so she won't be battling any time soon. It probably took around 550 for the first encounter and about 850 for the second encounter.

CH 1/3 complete.

EDIT: Just realized I have no safaris for sunny day...anyone have a friend safari with oddish and petilil?

Last edited:

Creeper

om nom nom
Having not been able to hatch yesterday, when I was going home from school, in a miniscule 17 eggs, I find this beauty.

[img300]http://www.ezimba.com/work/140417C/ezimba11038083742400.jpg[/img300]

Wow.

Male, no IVs, Naughty natured. Not usable in competitive but will stay within my trophy box. ^.^

And this also means... CH 1/3 Complete!

edit: oh and btw, what should I hunt next? i'm not sure what I want to hunt for the CH

Last edited:

Pluski

Yes! At egg number 155, I got my shiny Cleffa! I was worried it would be male due to a surprisingly high amount of the hatched Cleffa being males, but fortunately my shiny one is a female. Finally, I can start my Masuda hunt for Vulpix, which is a shiny I've been wanting for a long time.

Keyblade_Cub

I have been breeding for a shiny Honedge for almost 3 days now with 781 eggs.. Starting to think I'll never get it. The longest one I've had to try and get so far. Been able to get 5 other shinies that I wanted for my Pokemon Y team, but wanted to add Honedge to the team and replace another. Taking longer than expected but hoping to get something soon. *crosses fingers*

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
I have been breeding for a shiny Honedge for almost 3 days now with 781 eggs.. Starting to think I'll never get it. The longest one I've had to try and get so far. Been able to get 5 other shinies that I wanted for my Pokemon Y team, but wanted to add Honedge to the team and replace another. Taking longer than expected but hoping to get something soon. *crosses fingers*

dont' let that tiny number bother you, i spent 6 months breeding for a shiny absol in Black 2 and got nothing for my efforts, and my Zorua took 1800 eggs to shine.

anyways, yesterday i caught a shiny Mime Jr., but i wanted a Roggenrolla, and Mr.Mime still freaks me out, so I'm not impressed

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
I'm done walking around for ever and ever doing nothing but encountering nothing...so...I'll do a Nuzlocke, instead. Yeah. That'll make me feel better. Who knows, I could cause Shiny Clause to activate...HAHAHAHA, that'll happen.

Name myself Eggman, as always...Yeah.

Oh, I missed out on a catch in Route 2. Ah well. No harm done.

Oh, hello you cute little Caterpie, I'll name you Winter Wing. My catch for Santalune Forest. Winter Wing, meet Dextra.......

.........Shiny Clause ACTIVATE

...No...f*^%*^...way...Just...no...NO~!
...I didn't even want to HUNT anymore, and then...this...white cutey....During a NUZLOCKE!
[IMG139]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/ShinyMisty/Shiny%20Pokemon/de528d9a-8e58-4a46-9b79-7659d281d449_zpsc4279dab.jpg?t=1397698746[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/ShinyMisty/Shiny%20Pokemon/3ea08afa-89bd-44f7-82e0-92be2541d1be_zpsfb752a90.jpg?t=1397698921[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/ShinyMisty/Shiny%20Pokemon/bbfb140c-6dec-413b-8cb8-8568d8489cca_zps23169400.jpg?t=1397699069[/IMG139]

My sister chose to name her, as my girlfriend kind of stole her right to name my first Shiny Eevee. Her name will be Shiori. I love it.
I find it funny how Supremacy was hunting in Santalune Forest, but didn't get Scatterbug, so he/she (sorry, I cannot tell your gender ^^; ) went to Route 2 and encountered one.
As for me, I was hunting in Route 2, but chose to do a Nuzlocke instead...and encountered a Shiny Scatterbug in Santalune Forest, instead!

...So...I am a little bent between actually GOING for my Badge quest or not. You see, I was originally going to do a badge quest on my Y. I had most of the routes mapped out and everything. However, with my depression growing strong and everything...I chose to forget about it and do what I found fun instead. Nuzlocking.
then BAM Shiori tells me otherwise.
...I guess it isn't yet meant to be...*deep breaths* I am going to Badge Quest Kalos!

Congrats on all the shines...I feel better again. I don't like my mood swings. But...I'll have to live with it, and learn NOT TO LOSE HOPE! Hope would be made at me...

Congratulations on all the recent shinies! But hard luck on another Klefki, Cyberra :/

Anyway, yesterday I was in the car all day and had decided to SR Lugia for the entire journey, because I always hunt on long car journeys. After having done a few SRs, and about half-an-hour into the twelve or so hours I'd been planning to hunt, I found a shiny Lugia! It was after a total of 21,906 SRs, which I know isn't the longest hunt that has been seen around here, but I was so glad to finally get it, as time-wise I had been hunting it since August. When I saw it I had that little feeling of surprise in my stomach... you guys probably know it, being shiny hunters too, but I'd forgotten it xD Anyway, I was very lucky with catching it, which is good because I kind of went into a bit of a panic and wasn't really making good judgements. I forgot to throw a Quick Ball, and then had my Noctowl whittle down its health with Extrasensory. I got it to yellow health, but didn't want to use the move again, because a critical hit would have killed it. I did some juggling to try and send out my Macargo to use Yawn, but it got taken down by Hydro Pump and Aeroblast, at which point I sent out my Feraligatr to have a turn to revive it. But then I just decided to go for it and threw a Dive Ball which it broke out of. Then I threw a Dusk Ball, which caught it. I know I should probably try and be more responsible when SRing legendary shinies, but I've decided not to do that for a while, anyway xD

I called it Mr Bubbles, basically because I didn't have a better name at the time, and partly because I've been playing Bioshock. It has a rash nature, and not-so-great IVs, but that stuff doesn't usually bother me.

So, anyway, my plan had been, after this hunt, to attempt and chain something, which I'd never done before. I decided to try for a Shinx in Platinum. The only problem was, I was in the car, and it'd been a while since I read up on chaining, so I was working vaguely from memory. I couldn't remember where to get the Poketch app for it, and didn't have any way to look it up, and, after I've looked it up now, I realise I didn't know what I was doing at all xD (And I did give up fairly quickly). Didn't help that it was a sunny day, and I couldn't see a lot on my screen. Anyway, I've looked at some guides for chaining now, and plan to chain one as my next hunt.

Good luck to everyone hunting! Especially cpchris on Growlithe! Personally, I just keep shinies in their highest form and don't bother getting duplicates for lower forms, but that's mainly because I don't hunt as intensively, so I like to go for completely new targets a lot of the time.

EDIT: Just managed to chain a shiny Shinx successfully, which I'm evolving right now. I called her Sahara, and she's sassy-natured :)
Seriously, congratulations! You earned that Lugia! And congrats on Chaining, too. I suck at it! :D

I managed to take a photo of my Shiny Shiori during evolving twice before my camera completely died. Now I just hope my sister will let me borrow her camera cord until it is charged. (I do her laundry, after all)
[IMG139]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/ShinyMisty/Shiny%20Pokemon/d55c068f-4cba-4d94-9987-470182d20812_zps72b9c4bd.jpg?t=1397765575[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/ShinyMisty/Shiny%20Pokemon/76eb8eaa-d4a3-487e-8509-6b3580fc0ec9_zpsef8c11a6.jpg?t=1397765627[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Illusione-Tempus

Whoo! Congrats on the new shinies guys! Shine for completing the CH, and especially ShinyMisty on your Scatterbug. Do that BQ ya hear me? xDD

Anyway, so now that my exams are over, I can finally start MMing. I feel bad for all the babies I have to release because of my lack of box space lol.

So there's this person that wants a 5IV HA Female Fennekin in a Heal Ball with four of its only egg moves. So yeah, I started breeding.

I though to use some of the steps for some eggs to check out what's in the safaris I have added the past few weeks.

One of them was a Rock safari.

I was like, "I'll just check it for my database. I don't need more of Rock safaris."

And then, on the VERY FIRST encounter into the Safari:

[IMGSIZE=300]http://i.imgur.com/4JFvqz4.jpg[/IMGSIZE][IMGSIZE=300]http://i.imgur.com/Q6o58Rh.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

(Missed first encounter cause I was in a state of a shock)

I have so many conflicted feelings for this shiny though. It has such a beautiful golden color, but it's a girl. Probopass has such a beautiful shiny color, but it's a girl. IT'S A GIRL! D'x

Also, out of the three Pokemon (with Pupitar and Shuckle), why Nosepass? And a GIRL?! D'x

Brave, perfect in both Defenses. I still have conflicted feelings about this GIRL though. Oh well, she has Magnet Pull though, definitely going to be useful later. P:

Me no like mustached females D'X

btw any nickname suggestions?

maldoror

Earlier this evening, I traded with a passerby and got a new flying FS. First encounter there, shiny Woobat. While dual hunting/EV training, I found a shiny female Tranquill in White2. She is named Amelia and has now been traded up to Y. A good night overall. I love flying type shinies.

Bambo

btw any nickname suggestions?

Here are a couple perhaps; Sundial, North, Aurum (gold), Au don't know but these are just a couple suggestions.

I decided to start a Badge Quest in Soulsilver I've only done 310 resets and do it when I need a break from school work or my 3ds battery is dead.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to pokemaster13 on Articuno, Cutty on Zubat and Fletchling, Sito on Meditite, mellowrush on Skiddo, maldoror on Taillow, Ze DreamGirl on Eevee, Supremacy on Scatterbug, wobbanut on Zangoose, Shadowkrow on Gastly, Sparky Mc-S on Cyndaquil, Manakete-Girl on Gible, Dangertrout on Swinub, avsimone on Riolu, LegionarioHumano on Bulbasaur, Supremacy on Amaura, Eclair~ on Gastly, Manakete-Girl on Eevee, Pluski on Nidoran and CallMyName on both Heracross, AmazingChi on Seedot, LullabyVullaby on Fennekin, CaptainAsherz on Ralts, ohjeezitskim on Frillish and Hawlucha, pokemon trainer mystery on Eevee, tonyg44x on Lapras, Iwanuq on both Feebas, LopunnyBunny on Totodile, Shadowkrow on Unown, LullabyVullaby on Fletchling, AmazingChi on both Lotad, Paraqua on Totodile, Creeper on Amaura, Pluski on Cleffa, ShinyMisty on Scatterbug, maldoror on Tranquill, and everyone else on your shinies!

And thanks, Supremacy, LullabyVullaby, ClipOwl, and ElectricBassClef!

Also, happy birthday, AquaRegisteel :)

----------------

I’m finding myself more and more interested in having entire evolutionary lines as shiny >.<

Maybe because Virbank has given me most of the pokemon I need to have every evolutionary stage from there (9/12, plus a handful of extras), but over time, it’s become more and more appealing to me to have more than just one pokemon from a family as shiny.

This isn’t necessarily a problem for some. I plan on hunting in places like Route 204 where I can find Shinx, Starly, Bidoof, and Budew, and as long as I’m spared from another Shinx disaster, it shouldn’t be too bad. Same with eventually going back to the Johto starters. But other hunts could be a bit more of a problem to be having these cravings…I’m thinking to when I want to eventually hunt for the other Sinnoh starters. I like my Empoleon, and I certainly don’t regret evolving it, but I also kind of want a shiny Piplup just to leave as Piplup. With SRs that take a minute+ each, and the risk of not being as lucky as others, going after another 5 Sinnoh starters could be pretty time consuming.

And though I’m not as fond of the middle evolutions, what if I want to just complete the entire collection as long as I’m already 2/3 of the way there? That’s another 3!

I just don’t know where this desire came from, but I kind of wish I didn’t care enough to actually be planning to do all this hunting eventually, especially when I have plenty of targets as it is >.<

----------------

So I finally got around to training my Giratina, and I’m really confused about its EVs >.< Luckily there’s really nothing off with them, but Pokecheck is showing that it has 254 Speed…Well, aside from the 3 encounters I did after finding it, it’s been in the PC. I took it out today and battled only Psyduck/Golduck for Sp. Atk., then for Speed, I went to Victory Road where the only pokemon available where I was training were ones with 2 Speed EVs. I had Pokerus, so how is 254 even possible? Either I did the right amount and got 152 (I also used 10 Carbos for the extra 100 EVs), or I KOed one extra, giving me 4 extra EVs which should put me at 255, not 254…I swear my pokemon are just getting magical EVs >.<

I guess I should finally post something >.< I can’t even remember when I typed some of this stuff, it’s just been sitting here :p Anyways, I’ve actually done some hunting again since Giratina and getting the Lucky Egg and all that. Right now I’m at 9,500 REs for Growlithe, 2,000 REs for Scyther, and 3,300 SRs for Ho-Oh.

I’ve been recording Scyther’s appearance rate for the 1.1k REs I’ve done for it so far, and it has an average of ~15%. A little disheartening, despite being better than its normal 5% rate…Though on the other hand, the first 3 shinies I found at Virbank were all 15% rates, and I’ve found two more since those first 3, so it still seems fairly likely. Of course, I expect to find a handful of Machops, Machokes, and Meditites nonetheless.

Good luck, everyone (especially Roseheart95, TheMaster327, Shadokrow)!

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
Omg what? Already!

[IMGsize=300]http://i.imgur.com/QMbIKYq.jpg[/IMGsize]

Badge Quest #2 caught in only 589 random encounters! :) He probably has the worst nature possible (Adamant), but I'm just so excited to be moving on I don't care. XD (As you can see my Croconaw is at lvl 25... on the first route) Falkner and all his flying types are going to love his Ice Fang. (^ v ^) b

Anyways, Badge Quest #3 will begin on Route 32 and I also picked up some old hunts I've had on hold for awhile. Info will be in my signature if anyone is interested?

Thank you, you're welcome, congratulations, and good luck everyone! :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*clears throat*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

>.< Lost Hotel RE hunt round 3 has coughed up a fourth !^#@*#$% shiny klefki. Primus fraggit! Seriously, game, why are you doing this to me?! Give me something else, dammit!

If I get one more shiny freaking klefki in there, that is it. I'll breed the litwick, and I can get pawniard and electrode in the friend safaris. I have had it with klefki. The only good thing about duplicates is that they make good trade fodder, but not even that takes away from the sheer annoyance of getting something you've already gotten three of >.<

I just came off a 4,000+ eggs MM for growlithe, and I've hatched over 7,000 for roggenrola. Right now I'm hitting 2,100 eggs for deerling. 781 eggs is a short hunt by my standards; my usual average is 1,500 before I even start expecting something to shine.

Edit: Round 6 for deerling has come up empty. Now at 2,220 eggs hatched. Here we go again...

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

I haven't been able to hunt much over the last couple of days but I have some time today so I'll be resuming my Mawile MM hunt. I'm currently at 240 eggs. Hopefully it shines soon. I haven't gotten a shiny is some time now.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Congratulations on all the recent shinies! But hard luck on another Klefki, Cyberra :/

Anyway, yesterday I was in the car all day and had decided to SR Lugia for the entire journey, because I always hunt on long car journeys. After having done a few SRs, and about half-an-hour into the twelve or so hours I'd been planning to hunt, I found a shiny Lugia! It was after a total of 21,906 SRs, which I know isn't the longest hunt that has been seen around here, but I was so glad to finally get it, as time-wise I had been hunting it since August. When I saw it I had that little feeling of surprise in my stomach... you guys probably know it, being shiny hunters too, but I'd forgotten it xD Anyway, I was very lucky with catching it, which is good because I kind of went into a bit of a panic and wasn't really making good judgements. I forgot to throw a Quick Ball, and then had my Noctowl whittle down its health with Extrasensory. I got it to yellow health, but didn't want to use the move again, because a critical hit would have killed it. I did some juggling to try and send out my Macargo to use Yawn, but it got taken down by Hydro Pump and Aeroblast, at which point I sent out my Feraligatr to have a turn to revive it. But then I just decided to go for it and threw a Dive Ball which it broke out of. Then I threw a Dusk Ball, which caught it. I know I should probably try and be more responsible when SRing legendary shinies, but I've decided not to do that for a while, anyway xD

I called it Mr Bubbles, basically because I didn't have a better name at the time, and partly because I've been playing Bioshock. It has a rash nature, and not-so-great IVs, but that stuff doesn't usually bother me.

So, anyway, my plan had been, after this hunt, to attempt and chain something, which I'd never done before. I decided to try for a Shinx in Platinum. The only problem was, I was in the car, and it'd been a while since I read up on chaining, so I was working vaguely from memory. I couldn't remember where to get the Poketch app for it, and didn't have any way to look it up, and, after I've looked it up now, I realise I didn't know what I was doing at all xD (And I did give up fairly quickly). Didn't help that it was a sunny day, and I couldn't see a lot on my screen. Anyway, I've looked at some guides for chaining now, and plan to chain one as my next hunt.

Good luck to everyone hunting! Especially cpchris on Growlithe! Personally, I just keep shinies in their highest form and don't bother getting duplicates for lower forms, but that's mainly because I don't hunt as intensively, so I like to go for completely new targets a lot of the time.

EDIT: Just managed to chain a shiny Shinx successfully, which I'm evolving right now. I called her Sahara, and she's sassy-natured :)

Last edited:

Diego24

Today i catch a shiny burmy. My first shiny since getting Shiny Charm.

Scrufox86

Congrats to all new shinies since my last post!

I have shiny news! I managed to find a 2nd shiny Gulpin while horde hunting on route 5. I did hope for Scraggy or Plusle/Minun but the game likes giving me the same horde shiny repeatedly lol. At least I have one to evolve and can keep one as it is. Anyway I am going to continue horde hunting on route 5 until a third shiny appears and whatever it is I think I will leave and start hatching eggs for a little while.

Good luck shiny hunters!