• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Hatch runs: 11

Egg count: 4,070

Shiny count: 0

Shiny deerling is still proving elusive. It has now officially passed growlithe as my third longest MM hunt. After the next round, it'll pass electrike for second longest (unless it shines before 4,220 eggs, which I highly doubt). Crossing every appendage I have hoping that deerling isn't going to end up challenging roggenrola for my longest MM ever.

CallMyName

OHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH
After 1480 egg i got my shiny carvanha after 1 1/2 week of hatching .I was so scare it gonna have rough skin instead of speed boost because the 4 non shiny be4 it already has speed boost but luckily it speed boost with 5ivs missing sdef which is fine as long as it has atk and speed ivs :D IT father is 5ivs missing speed from jpn and it mother is 5ivs missing spatk .Think i gonna take a little break and train this carvanha be4 moving to my next MM which is sneasel in love ball with assist eggmove.
carvanhashinyXD.jpg

mifune

Congrats all to your new shinies. I was going after a Carvanha too, but I was going about trying to chain fish it. After 7 casts I got a shiny Goldeen, which was nice, but I wanted Carvanha. I continued to fish and broke my chain around 50. I was a little irritated so I decided to change my thinking, I went to the friend safari, the fire one. Fate was a little more kind to me because after about 160 RE's what pops up, a Shiny Charmeleon, yes! I will finally have that Black Charizard. I hatched over 5k eggs in platinum with no luck. I have always wanted a shiny Charizard, and now I do. Is he great, ehh, he is 30 in Atkins and 31 in sp attack. It's ok, but I am definitely happy.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
My mother got a Shiny Beautifly. She turns to me, asking if I wanted it.

After all, I lost my very first shiny, a Wurmple, do to lack of Pokeballs.
But, I chose to have her keep it, as it was a Wurmple I lost, not a Beautifly. I'll be breeding for one or hunting some other way to reclaim the long lost shiny.
As for now...Route 6 continues. To be honest, I feel something coming soon. And I have been hunting for more than a few minutes!! Thank-you Weeding Day on Animal Crossing!!

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
No new shinies for me yet. I'm at 860 HHs( 4300 seen) in Y and 3365 REs for my BQ in HG.

@pokemaster13
Funny you should say that, because before seeing your post I've been thinking of doing a BQ in Platinum. I currently SRing for Chimchar, but when I finish the row I'm on(I count useing pen and paper, and it's lined paper) I plan on hunting for Abra useing Chimchar's Taunt when it learns it.

Congrats to the recent shinies, especially Cpchris on Machoke and Rain Dance on Snorunt. Also good luck to all ongoing hunts especially Cpchris on Growlithe and MarkasDarkas on Misdreavus.

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Congratulations to Shadowkrow on Chatot and Shelmet, AuraChannelerChris on Illumise, NickM on Shinx, Sparky Mc-S on Lotad, kazami on Beldum, Sito on Larvesta and Skarmory, Cpchris on Magnemite and Machoke, IdyllicCritic on Eevee, rovert on Klefki, ohjeezitskim on Sableye, Goedjuh on Inkay, eiger on Froakie, TheMaster327 on Porygon, ElectricBassClef on Amaura, Rotifer on Starly, tonyg44x on Seel, MachoCheeze on Spoink, Romanticide on Eevee, Bolt the Cat on Nidoran, CallMyName on Carvahna, and everyone else on their shinies!

Thank you for the congratulations on my Cyndaquil as well.

You don't by chance think you could rub off some of that Shiny Cyndaquil luck on me do you? I'm currently SR'ing for one.

Haha, feel free to take it all, I need Rattata luck now anyway.

---

Alright, so I beat the crap out of Falkner with Rhys so now I'm back in Sprout Tower with my second attempt at Shiny Rattata. I'm at 1200 REs for this... phase, I guess, with about 17200 REs overall. Hopefully this one shines soon so I can finally move past Violet City.

Laurelai

Congrats to all the shiny catchers, especially nickM on beginning your badge quest!!

So I was getting sick of hatching Snover eggs, and popped into a ghost FS for a change of pace when this little gem showed up :)
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/pumpkaboo_zps041130b1.jpg
I have wanted one since I first saw the shiny. My sync didn't work, but that's ok, I prefer the pre-evo to the evo :)

Back to my Snover hunt, and during the kid's breakfast this morning, my youngest asked me to get her more milk, so I got up just as an egg began to hatch. When I got back,
THIS!
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/snover_zps5a058db0.jpg

That means COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!!!
04/06 Febass for Rain Dance http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/10153038_769953683029972_169089609_n_zps1fa4e88c.jpg
04/14 Maractus for Sunny Day http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/Maractus_zpsc72117d9.jpg
and today, 04/25, Snover for Snow Warning (hail)

Yay!!!

*edit*
I love how "Owl-ly" Mega Abomasnow looks :D Blue tree owl!
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/Laure1ai/IMG_20140425_155512_zpscaa41244.jpg

Last edited:

KzBreakdown

Tamer of Gyarados
just accidentally ran from a horde containing yet another shiny spinda, my reaction? "oh well, didn't need a 4th"

wow, I just realized this is the first time i've missed out on a catchable shiny pokemon since my very first game of pokemon Silver. still not heartbroken though

does anyone have any tips for finding Scyther hordes? I've tried chaining and i Just can't do it, is there any way to make their hordes more common?

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Sito on Lavesta and Skarmory, Cpchris on Magnemite and Machoke, IdyllicCritic on Eevee, rovert on Klefki, ohjeezitskim on Sableye, eiger on Froakie, TheMaster327 on Porygon, ShadowKrow on Shelmet, ElectricBassClef on Amaura, Rotifer on Starly, tonyg44x on Seel, MachoCheeze on Spoink, Romanticide on Eevee, CallMyName on Carvanha, nickM on Cyndaquil, Laurelai on Snover, and everyone else!

Well, with less than a week of this month left I'm doubting I'll be able to complete the CH. My luck has gotten pretty bad it seems. ~8.1k REs in route 10, 1250 eggs hatched for Spritzee and 1.4k REs at Abundant Shrine. Admittedly, I haven't been putting that much effort into my Abundant Shrine hunt but I can't believe how stubborn my other two hunts are being; both 2x over the odds. I'm gonna do some triple hunting for awhile now, hopefully something comes out of it.

Good luck everyone. :]

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Oh! Forgot to mention, I thought I posted this already- did a little more chain fishing today, only I used a Static Stunfisk instead of Suction Cups Octillery, and sure enough, I hooked a Shiny Chinchou! Modest with Volt Absorb, it's a good one, too! Damn, I really got to update my banner, I still need to add that Remoraid. Well, I'll add it as Octillery, even though I still haven't evolved her yet...

Jessara

Shiny Hunter
Wow, it has been many months since I last posted here, which I believe was in November when I finished my Pokemon X Badge Quest. Even though I haven't been posting, I have been checking posts in this thread nearly every day. A huge congrats to everyone who has obtained shinies recently and since I last posted. I've seen that multiple people are stuck with some really long hunts, your games need a kick to get those shinies appearing!

Anyway this is meant to be a quick post so I'll get to the reason for my post. After weeks of playing Final Fantasy X HD on my PS3, yesterday I took a little break from the game to shiny hunt. I didn't feel like hatching eggs or SRing so I started REing in some Friend Safaris. After a bit I stuck with the one safari, a normal safari. I hunted all afternoon until around 7:30 pm then put the game aside to do other things. Later that night a friend got a shiny, this made me resume my hunt, by this time it was near 2 am.

I went to bed, taking the 3DS with me, thinking to hunt for an extra 20-30 minutes. That 20-30 minutes turned into an extra hour of hunting, by then I was nearly falling asleep. I looked at the clock and it was 3:55 am, I thought 5 more minutes then I better get some sleep. Not even a few REs later, this blue blob appears on the screen, I just stared and laughed. After a short battle I manage to secure it into a dive ball. It's an awesome shiny but I don't think I have much use for a shiny ditto other than being put into daycare. I'll be resuming my hunt in this friend safari shortly to try and get my target and hopefully not end up with another ditto!

[IMG139]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/Anakari/My%20Shinies/photo92_zps8e2e6783.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/Anakari/My%20Shinies/photo93_zps540a731f.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/Anakari/My%20Shinies/photo94_zps9258a75d.jpg[/IMG139]

I actually have 8 more shinies to post about but not this time, if anyone is interested I'll post them up. This post has taken me ages to do so... good luck to you all! :)

Last edited:

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
after spending 6 weeks MMing for a shiny scyther, I finally got it and it's now a beautiful 5IV shiny scizor. Never ever ever am I going to intentionally MM again. it's a beautiful rewarding shiny though knowing I spent so much time trying to get it.

congrats everybody else on your shinies too :)

LullabyVullaby

Shiny Collector
Gratz to Sito on Lavesta and Skarmory, Cpchris on Magnemite and Machoke, IdyllicCritic on Eevee, rovert on Klefki, ohjeezitskim on Sableye, eiger on Froakie, TheMaster327 on Porygon, ShadowKrow on Shelmet, ElectricBassClef on Amaura, Rotifer on Starly, tonyg44x on Seel, MachoCheeze on Spoink, Romanticide on Eevee, CallMyName on Carvanha, nickM on Cyndaquil, Laurelai on Snover, and everyone else!

2ND SHINY OF MY BADGE QUEST JUST APPEARED AFTER 6707 REs!

It's not the Zigzagoon I was hoping for but it's the thing I wanted 2nd most and I really don't want to do another phase here. It has a ...................................................................... Modest Nature but the good thing out of this is that it has proud of its power which is an attack stat. This is a pretty amazing shiny that I've wanted for a while so I'm glad I have it now. I know I haven't been posting a lot lately but school has been really chaotic lately lots of tests and work. So I will try my hardest to get posts up when I can.

As for my Chimchar hunt I nearly reached 5k for it and I'm not giving up anytime soon but hopefully no more uncatchable Starly's show up because they are really demotivating. As long as it has a good nature and decent IVs I won't complain about it being a very long hunt. Good Luck with your hunts everyone and congrats again on any shinies I missed!

mellowrush

Great findings for everyone I see :), that pumpkaboo looks awesome, it goes right in my shiny whish list! Abomasnow is pretty cool, although a little frightening...And congrats to lullabyvullaby for the amount of patience in your BQ!

All your achievements made me determined all the more to really accomplish something in my first badge quest...I'm still at a very early stage, let's just say I'm still on the starter phase, with only 300 SRs ....
With that in mind I have a question for all the badge quest trainers out there : if you are trying to get a shiny starter you see the different colour in the selection screen or only after you pick one and start a battle with your rival/friend?
For instance in pokemon black, the one I'm playing with, do you see the shiny form when you open the package and look at snivy, tepig and oshawott or only after you choose one and start battling with Bianca?
Early thanks for the reply ^_^

Keyblade_Cub

Wow I am in shock right now. Well first of all I got my shiny Chespin yesterday after 783 eggs. After that I've been hunting Froakie eggs. I have 11 more boxes of eggs to hatch and the last 5 eggs I hatched I got a Shiny Froakie on the last one and I'm in shock on how fast this one took. Egg 95 and I still have 11 boxes of 30 or so eggs to hatch. Glad it didn't take so long. Next one is Fennekin after I hatch these eggs. YAY!

And of course congrats to all the shinies that everyone's been getting lately!

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
Haven't had much time for my hunts lately, but I plan on working on my SR hunts this weekend as well as my RE hunt. :)

Congratulations on all the new shinies, and good luck to those still hunting.

Cyberra said:
Welcome to the fandom XD *currently wasting time at the Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack On Titan fanfic request meme/kink meme*

Thanks! :) I really don't think I can wait till Season 2 though (2015!?). :( I've been amusing myself with YouTube Parodies and Abridges as well as reading some FanFiction. I think I might just resort to the Manga though. (I really didn't want to, but I can't wait)

With that in mind I have a question for all the badge quest trainers out there : if you are trying to get a shiny starter you see the different colour in the selection screen or only after you pick one and start a battle with your rival/friend?
For instance in pokemon black, the one I'm playing with, do you see the shiny form when you open the package and look at snivy, tepig and oshawott or only after you choose one and start battling with Bianca?
Early thanks for the reply ^_^

The only game that you could actually see the shiny starter on the selection screen is HGSS I believe. All the other games you would have to look at it's summary page or put it into battle. In Pokemon Black's case, you'll know if it's shiny or not when you throw it into battle with Bianca.

mellowrush

The only game that you could actually see the shiny starter on the selection screen is HGSS I believe. All the other games you would have to look at it's summary page or put it into battle. In Pokemon Black's case, you'll know if it's shiny or not when you throw it into battle with Bianca.
Thanks for the heads up, apparently I was doing the long and right way :)
I'll go back soon to rack up few SRs, good luck with your quests!