• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

got tired of breeding and went to the friend safari a while. decided to do ghost and he had lampent, phantump and spiritomb. I was hoping for phantump but got lampent- but it's fine I don't mind lol. it only took like 5 pokemon for her to come up. might nickname it, but don't have anything in mind yet

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Congrats to the many people who have gotten shinies since my last post. I managed to get the shiny forms of all 3 Kalos starters a few months back and today I chained Hawlucha and Inkay. Going for Eevee next.

Btw, PLEASE watch this youtube vid guys. It has the real shiny versions of Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde. Of course they were obtained through certain means, but yea. IMO, Yveltal has the best shiny sprite I have ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kATPHCGBFko
This is probably old news, but its the first time I've seen them lol.

Last edited:

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Quick question:

Is there a way to hack check in gen VI? I was just wonder traded a shiny Elekid that seems to be from the White Forest in Unova. It's got a less-than-stellar nature and its potential is decent so there's nothing to make it obviously hacked, but at the same time someone did wonder trade it...
Then again I guess it's possible they didn't realise it was shiny? I certainly didn't until I saw the red star.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Still no shiny in friend safari. It's been 5 weeks now. I'm soooo not lucky withe FS. >.<
I'll be breeding and MMing for now. I'm tired of REing. ^^;

maldoror

Found a shiny Karrablast on route 14 tonight. Now, I feel I must catch a shiny Shelmet before training/evolving so I am dual hunting in Y and White 2.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*laughing like a maniac*

LOOK! Looklooklooklooklooklook A NOT-KLEFKI!!!(!!!)

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6299_zps621c4428.jpg[/IMG139]

After 8,229 REs, a blue freaking electrode! Yes!! This is exactly what I originally went into the Lost Hotel looking for, before getting sidetracked by that darn litwick :D I'm so happy I could explode

I'll breed for the litwick later. Now, I am DONE with the Lost Hotel *flees as fast as my feet will take me*

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Man, Hordes are starting to pay off shinies for me too now. After getting that shiny NidoranM a few days ago, I went back to Rt. 11 (because I was still looking for a Reckless Starly), and found another shiny, this time a Stunky. I got two shinies before I got a Reckless Starly, if that's not messed up, IDK what is.

Congrats everyone on your new shinies! :)

I actually got this little guy RIGHT after Vulpix (and only after 6 eggs!) but I never posted it. So here we go, here's my newest shiny: Rowan the Delphox! I don't have any pictures of him as a Fennekin sadly.

Rowan_X_zps07a2f73e.png

He's actually supposed to be male, but I got unlucky (or perhaps way too lucky for my own good) and got a...female shiny Fennekin. Kind of makes me feel bad since I know a lot of people would kill for that luck!

His/her IVs are 31/30/30/30/14/31. Shame about the Sp Def (wish it was swapped with attack) but everything else is fantastic so that's nice. :) Now I have all the fox Pokemon as shinies!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies :)

After 114 eggs I hatched a shiny Ekans but once again I got a shiny that was missing its parents' speed IV. The speed IV it did get is horrible so I'll be continuing this hunt till I get the one I want. At least the first one came quickly. If I'd hatched as many eggs as I did for Mawile and hatched this one I'd be really disappointed and angry. Hopefully this hunt doesn't end up like my Zorua hunt with 3 flawed shinies and no perfect ones.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Hey, all, congratulations on all the recent shinies!

So, I've obtained the first member of my team for my SoulSilver Badge Quest! I was really hoping for a Chikorita, and, after 2,215 SRs and 6,645 starters seen, I found one! I was really lucky, too, as she's female - and of all the starters, I think female suits the Chikorita line best. Since I recently finished Clannad, I've decided to name all the shinies I catch on this Badge Quest after Clannad characters, so her name is Nagisa. She's jolly-natured, which could be better, but I'm still happy she shone pretty soon. My next plan is, after getting my first badge, of course, probably REs on Route 32.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Congrats to AmazingChi on Fennekin, Shine on Miltank, Kingzard on Abra, mellowrush on Dedenne, Kyle Clarthy on Piloswine, Shine on Volbeat, StrongBad456 on Torchic, Super Pichu Chan on Vulpix, AuraChannelerChris on Slakoth, Supremacy on Bronzong, Ponymon on Froakie, StrongBad456 on Snivy, mellowrush on Dedenne, Storm_Dragoon on Shroomish, Keyblade_Cub on Fennekin, tonyg44x on Mienfoo, Kyle Clarthy on Metang, professorj15 on Karrablast, maskofsanity1998 on Skiddo, Keane on Wurmple, Supremacy on Eevee, Kingzard on Growlithe, Supremacy on Machop, KingSnorlax on Pinsir, ArdhiS on Rotom and Lotad and Chimchar and Tyrunt and Torchic, ShachonianX on Druddigon, eiger on Froakie, Dangertrout on Sentret, Jessara on Caterpie, Cyberra on Pawniard, nickM on Latias, StrongBad456 on Tepig, blue8arman on Honedge, Iwanuq on Cyndaquil, pokemaster13 on Metapod, ClipOwl on Carbink, mellowrush on Torchic, shinyclauncher1234 on Gogoat, nickM on Eevee, TheMaster327 on Murkrow, Navarch on Zigzagoon, maldoror on Karrablast, Cyberra on Electrode, Super Pichu Fan on Fennekin, Greedy Chibi on Ekans, Roseheart95 on Chikorita, and everyone else on your shinies!

Too bad about that annoying uncatchable, Psynergy >.<

Thank you again, Shadowkrow :)

--------------

Phew, I just caught up reading the posts. Glad there weren’t as many new posts as I thought there’d be, so I only had a little over 2 pages to go through…Still haven’t hunted since the 28th, which I think is the longest time I’ve gone since at least October, if not a while before that. In fact, I haven’t even touched the games! But I’m really starting to want to, buuuut I’ve still gotta get organized with stuff, especially since I have a trip at the end of the month. I may try to go through the E4 to level up my Platinum shinies though…

I really just needed to post because the grats list is getting way too long :p

Good luck, everyone (especially markasdarkas, LullabyVullaby, Shadowkrow, and TheMaster327)!

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
Hey guys, I haven't been hunting very much lately but school just ended so I should have more time.

Because of the May Day hunt I picked up my torchic hunt and I'm a bit over 25k I think? I need to find my last total and add everything on to that.

I was also hatching skitty eggs but I realized after a while that it doesn't appeal to me very much.

Did you guys see the announcement trailer for the ruby and sapphire remakes?

I don't think bulbapedia or serebii have confirmed it yet but IGN has and it's from the pokemon YouTube channel.

I can't wait till November though hopefully I'll have my shiny torchic long before then.

Anyway congrats on all the new shinies and good luck guys!

ohjeezitskim

With the announcement to the new hoenn games... I'm not sure what to do with my life xD
Wallow in the news, breed my mons, or MM...

I'm at 180 eggs for eevee atm. So maybe I'll collect a few boxes, breed some pokemon, all while taking in the news.
Eevee eggs drive me nuts, why do they need such long egg steps haha. I know it's not true, but I feel like they
breed slower too lol
I haven't gotten an MM shiny in a while, so I feel like it'll happen soon.. Or not since the last three or four were
random and very early shinies (30, 15, and 18 eggs x.x though I did hatch eggs in the middle of those without keeping count.)

Misjie

Shiny hunter
Major congratz to everyone who got a shiny recently.
I've been non active for a while because I went on a holiday :D Didn't got much time to hunt but after I got back I hatched a long awaited shiny Eevee which hatched with the move helping hand! It hatched somewhere in box #29

Shiny eevee 01.jpg

Which means: Community hunt 1/2 complete! As for the second part of the CH I am trying for a second shiny eevee since I want the whole eeveelution line shiny!

Good luck to those still hunting and have a nice day!

Last edited:

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Congrats on all the shinies and extra congrats to those who have done the CH already! Also thanks for all the thanks on Fennekin! :)

I've been competitive breeding but no random accidental MM shinies to speak of yet.

Also with the news I realised something, Hoenn and Kalos' breeding routes are somewhat similar. Long route with cave on left, town, short stump of route on right (Hoenn leads to water, Kalos the route goes up). In terms of cycling back and forth it's a very similar path :p. Just a random thought, anyway!

MM rate in XY is not 1/2000....don't know where he got that. The MM rate in XY with the Shiny Charm is 1/512, as shown by Smogon's research. Without the Shiny Charm, the rate is approximately 1/682. The Google Doc is

What's weird is a couple of months ago before they had a troll ruin everything it was at 100kish eggs and the rate was 1:443, it's now saying 1:554 at 155k eggs, so I'm inclined to go with 1:512 since that's an average of the two and MMing does tend to be neat divisions of the standard shiny rate.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies! I haven't posted on this thread in a while, but I've been lurking and seeing everyone's new Pokemon! I have a new shiny to report, as well, but I'll make another post with pictures sometime soon.

Does someone have a link that MMing was tested and the new 6th gen shiny MMing rate? This guy is argueing with me that its 1 in 2000 and said he'll fight me about it

MM rate in XY is not 1/2000....don't know where he got that. The MM rate in XY with the Shiny Charm is 1/512, as shown by Smogon's research. Without the Shiny Charm, the rate is approximately 1/682. The Google Doc is here and the research thread is here.

Quick question:

Is there a way to hack check in gen VI? I was just wonder traded a shiny Elekid that seems to be from the White Forest in Unova. It's got a less-than-stellar nature and its potential is decent so there's nothing to make it obviously hacked, but at the same time someone did wonder trade it...
Then again I guess it's possible they didn't realise it was shiny? I certainly didn't until I saw the red star.

Right now, we can only hack-check in Gen VI the way we did in Gen V. You can always look up the OT/ID on PokeCheck for your Elekid. Other than that, you should visit the Hack-Check Thread to get better help with your Elekid.

ohjeezitskim

MM rate in XY is not 1/2000....don't know where he got that. The MM rate in XY with the Shiny Charm is 1/512, as shown by Smogon's research. Without the Shiny Charm, the rate is approximately 1/682. The Google Doc is here and the research thread is here.

Thanks! He was VERY adamant about it. I told him I was very actively involved in forums, blogs, ect and they have posted many times how it's been lowered further (even last gen MM wasn't 1/2000.. it was 1,365.3... why would they bump the odds so that it's harder?) and he says "Well they [as in THIS forum] are wrong and hasn't been updated." He's MMed two pokemon.. like he'd know the odds just through his experience.

T_T not to mention how he think Talonflame is the greatest pokemon competitively and that no one can beat it because of gale wings. I said, "Rock blast" and he's said who cares gale wings - OHKO. I threw in focus sash and he said oh well I'll quick attack with my absol T_T like dude really?!?

Last edited:

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
Well, I'm glad I've been MMing starters lately because I can use my shiny Gen 3 starters in the new games. Anyway, I'm still trying for a shiny Totodile and am at around 120 eggs. Good luck and congratulations to everyone getting shinies.

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
Part of me doesn't want to MM my Wurmple now do to this new Remake. You know...catch him as close to accurate as I met him.

...I can't focus now with the news. Should I hunt, breed some competitive Pokemon, drive myself up a wall WHY CAN'T IT BE NOVEMBER?!

*laughing like a maniac*

LOOK! Looklooklooklooklooklook A NOT-KLEFKI!!!(!!!)

[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Shiny%20Pokemon/Picture6299_zps621c4428.jpg[/IMG139]

After 8,229 REs, a blue freaking electrode! Yes!! This is exactly what I originally went into the Lost Hotel looking for, before getting sidetracked by that darn litwick :D I'm so happy I could explode

I'll breed for the litwick later. Now, I am DONE with the Lost Hotel *flees as fast as my feet will take me*

Dude, congrats. Your earned it.

nickM

OMG

after almost 4000 soft resets i got a SECOND shiny cyndaquil!
This time on my soul silver!

I'm wondering if i should do a double badge quest hmm...

[IMG300]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y358/serdra17/20140507_211735.jpg[/IMG300]