• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

mellowrush

Congrats to: shinyclauncher1234 on Gogoat, nickM on Eevee, TheMaster327 on Murkrow, Navarch on Zigzagoon, maldoror on Karrablast, Cyberra on Electrode, Super Pichu Fan on Fennekin, Greedy Chibi on Ekans, Roseheart95 on Chikorita, Misjie on Eevee, nickM on Cyndaquil, keovix for giratina, zekromaster826 for heracross, ohjeezitskim for ralts and everyone else on your shinies!

I'm hyped too for the new games and can't wait for november to come
But I guess in the meantime I have plenty to play...I'll start a soulsilver BQ pretty soon and that will take a lot
Anyhow, I was looking for a shiny lapras and instead I found him
[IMG139]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l341/mellowrush/_20140507_223256_zpslz6hjx9t.jpg[/IMG139]

He has even nice stats and nature, snow warning and obviously nice blue arms ^.^

LopunnyBunny

: Please Shine
I couldn't really get back into my hunts today after the completely random news earlier. I don't usually do this, but I decided to get out my Pokemon X version and hunt in the Friend Safari tonight. Very relaxing actually and it's nice to actually see sparkles after so long. (Almost a month long drought!)

Phase 1: Male Mild Dunsparce - 63 RE
Phase 2: Female Impish Minccino - 267 RE

The Dunsparce wasn't something I was looking for nor is his nature good. I will probably give him away or release him. I'm very happy about the Minccino though. :) I will take pictures when I find a Shiny Ivysaur. (Decided to use these two for the community hunt instead)

MDS777

The name's Riley
MultiDarkShadow777, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather ): I hope everything gets back to normal as soon as possible!
Thanks. :)

I just hatched egg #660 for Charmander. No shiny yet.

Congrats to everyone else on their recent shinies. I wish you all good luck. :)

Cyberra

pain in the ***
...I did not know pachirisu eggs hatched that quickly. Didn't even have to use Hatching Power S this time.

Round 1 for electric squirrels is over, and as expected, pachirisu did not shine. I'm already into egg collection for round 2.

I didn't have much time today to make much new progress in Y, so I was killing time by hatching some carbink eggs. Am up to 90 eggs hatched over the span of two (very errand- and chore-infested XP) days. I have yet to have that "hatching-a-shiny-in-under-20-eggs" luck that some people have (in short, carbink's not shining either). But meh. It can't hide forever.

I put electrode into pokemon amie for a bit, just to see what it would do, and OMG it was so cute. Normally "cute" and "electrode" are not two words you'd expect to find in the same sentence, but the way it smiles so happily when fed and petted is so darn cute.

Fear the (blurry) blue cute lol
[IMG139]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Random/blurrybluecute_zpsb3c93c70.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

nickM

Zed3

Hi, congrats on all new shinies! I finally have a shiny after over a month! I was in normal FS and after around 40 mins of REs i found shiny female Lillipup!
01.jpg
May Day hunt completed! CH 1/2 completed.
It's not good for competitive play but at least i'll have a cool pick up pokemon!
Good luck on all your hunts!

maldoror

My luck with non-FS RE shinies continues. Yesterday, while hunting for Shelmet I found a pink female Quagsire. Just now, while hunting for Roselia I found a shiny orange flower Flabebe. My first birthday shiny! It's not the Treecko I am MMing for, but I'll take it.

Dangertrout

Hmmm, my luck seems to have been sucked up by the Sentret.
I have two hunts over the odds by now (FS in X and SR in W2)
Plus my Pearl BQ will go over the odds today or tomorrow, if it hasn't already.
I haven't really been counting, but I'm getting near the 80 hour mark there.
I think I may just scrap the Pearl BQ after all

edit - but my game is cursed!

Last edited:

nickM

Hmmm, my luck seems to have been sucked up by the Sentret.

I think I may just scrap the Pearl BQ after all

Noooo you made me start a 2nd BQ! you better stay in it with me haha :D :p

Rinni

Hero of the Storm
OMG

after almost 4000 soft resets i got a SECOND shiny cyndaquil!
This time on my soul silver!

I'm wondering if i should do a double badge quest hmm...

[IMG300]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y358/serdra17/20140507_211735.jpg[/IMG300]

I hate you lol. I did that once, and only once since I got to almost 13k soft resets and just didn't have it in me anymore. Haha. Knowing my luck, I would have got Chikorita, which would have been the only one I wouldn't have wanted to start with. Theres always that 'doubt' that I skipped over one since I mashed the A button two or three times too far and picked the first pokemon on the screen. Darn TV. :(

I haven't been on the shiny hunt for a long time since giving up X and Y for Diablo III. But The last shiny I did get I was horde encountering for a shiny Taillow. I was into the night thinking it'd never happen after believing the odds of the Taillow horde written on Bulbapedia. Sure enough there it was! It was one of those shinies that you just look at mindlessly and don't realise what has happened. I don't have a pic to upload at the moment sadly :(

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Super excited about the new games also curious what are people's longest shiny hunts in the friend safari so far I'm having real rotten luck I just decided to count my RE this morning and I've reached 500+ (sometimes I get into the grove and forget to keep counting) plus whatever else I got before I actually started counting my guess is around the same since I spent around 4-6 hrs there killing them as I went along. I'm hoping at least something will shine but I'm crossing my fingers for an Ivysaur. Although Sunkern and Gogoat(especially him are equal as cool). Congratulations on everyone's recent shinies.

I did 5K in FS for a Noibat before getting fed up and quitting. I then started a hunt (in the FS still) for a Shiny Bergmite and had done 2k encounters. My brother goes into a random safari to find what it has, and BAM, his first encounter is a Shiny Bergmite. Needless to say, I now hate my FS luck...

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
Well there's my first accidentally MM'd shiny! Lovely Female Harvest Phantump... 3IV missing Att [darn] and SpDef. 0IV in Speed deliberately though :p

I have named her Olive, mainly because that was the first tree I could think of that's also a girls' name! She was the 31st Phantump I've hatched and around 100-105 in total from all the eggs I've been breeding for competitive with the Japanese Ditto.

Last edited:

Nakashima

Hello everyone!

It's been a very, very long time since I last came to these forums, but with the omega ruby and alpha sapphire games announced, I got flared up to play my games again. Not sure why I took a break as long as I did, but dont we all need a break sometimes? ;)

So, now that I'm completely out of the shiny hunting loop.. I decided I'll start back up by doing a Badgequest in White2/Black2. I noted down both games because my first hunt will be a dual hunt in both games. The game that gives me a shiny first will be the game I'll do my badgequest on. I just wanted to hop back in with a dual hunt, as I find those more fun to do personally ^^

I hope you'll all welcome me back into the thread, and happy hunting! \o/

ClipOwl

Fell off a boat
Congratulations to Nerdboyiam on Gulpin, Minun and Hoppip; mellowrush on Torchic; nickM on Eevee and Cyndaquil; TheMaster327 on Murkrow; Navarch on Zigzagoon; Master Leo on Hawlucha, Inkay and the starters; maldoror on Karrablast, Quagsire and Flabebe; Cyberra on Electrode; Bolt the Cat on Stunky; Super Pichu Fan on Delphox; Greedy Chibi on Ekans; Roseheart95 on Chikorita; Misjie on Eevee; Keovix on Giratina; ohjeezitskim on Ralts; AmazingChi on Phantump, and everyone else on your shinies!

Right now, we can only hack-check in Gen VI the way we did in Gen V. You can always look up the OT/ID on PokeCheck for your Elekid. Other than that, you should visit the Hack-Check Thread to get better help with your Elekid.

Thanks for the link, I couldn't for the life of me find the hack check thread when I went looking. Guess it didn't occur to me to check Fifth Gen.

---

I'm still doing my hunt for Squirtle, but nothing's shone for me yet. I did hatch a flawless 6IV female bulletproof Chespin that I'll be using to MM a shiny one though.
I mostly just posted to congratulate people.

mellowrush

Cyberra, that electrode looks really cute
Congrats to: zed3 for lillipup, maldoror for quagsire and flabebe (lucky indeed), rinni for taillow, amazinchi for Phantump (one I really like).

I think I'll take a break from shiny hunting, cause I need some time to figure things out with my thesis and all those serious stuff around it....That being said I'll soon start a BQ with soul silver, while in pokemon y I'll breed some pokemon for competitive purposes (maybe something will shine whilst doing this :))

Good luck to everyone on your challenges, especially to nakashima on your quest(s) and to Dangertrout, I hope you'll both find sparkles, and soon ^_^

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I'm taking a break on Y version to go back to Soul Silver and try resetting for a shiny Groudon. Before I could do that I had to beat Red and I barely managed. I did it and am now going for Groudon.

tui

moon upon a stick
Congrats to Keovix on Giratina, Zekromaster826 on Heracross, Rain Dance on Corsola, ohjeezitskim on Ralts (shame it hasn't got those IVS though!), mellowrush on Snover, LopunnyBunny on Minccino, Zed3 on Lillipup, maldoror on Quagsire and Flabebe, AmazingChi on Phantump, and anyone else I might have missed!

I'm at 1179 eggs for Igglybuff currently, going at a pace of around 4 boxes collected and hatched per day (of course, with school dumped straight in the middle). I don't particularly mind this hunt being long statistic wise, I just really want it to shine before I go on holiday (24th) so I can start a BQ. Plus the next two weeks I've got GCSEs.... ah, I really don't know. I don't want to stop shiny hunting over this time but it's impossible to multi-task revising and egg collecting/hatching. I can SR and RE when I'm writing stuff though, and therefore will probably do more of my Cranidos hunt, which sits currently at a small 455 SRs.

Also I found out that 2dses are around £90, which is pleasantly surprising because I thought they'd be more. I'm not sure what my parents would think if I brought another DS though.

Good luck everybody!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz to Jessara on Caterpie, maldoror on Bronzong, Karrablast, Flabebe, and Quagsire, Cyberra on Pawniard and Electrode, nickM on Latias, Eevee, and Cyndaquil, StrongBad456 on Tepig, blue8rman on Honedge, Iwanuq on Cyndaquil, pokemaster13 on Metapod, ClipOwl on Carbink, mellowrush on Torchic, TheMaster327 on Murkrow, Navarch on Zigzagoon, Super Pichu Chan on Fennekin, Greedy Chibi on Ekans, Roseheart95 on Chikorita, Misjie on Eevee, sonjamjams on Torchic, Keovix on Giratina, ohjeezitskim on Ralts (can I plz have ur MM luck!?), Amazing Chi on Phantump, and everyone else!

----------------

Dat Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! I will most definitely be doing a BQ for these games (not sure which I'm gonna get just yet.), I'll probably SR for Mudkip, can't wait! So, is anyone else planning to do a BQ for these remakes?

--------

No shinies for me yet. Route 14 for my BQ is at ~2.6k encounters, so still in the early stages here. However, Spritzee is now at 1,955 eggs >.<! I'll probably be in the 2k's by the end of today, but maybe I'll get it before then?? doubt it!

Anyways, good luck everyone; especially Dangertrout on that BQ, don't you dare give up now! I'll never understand why people quit hunts after putting so much effort into it. To me, the longer the hunt, the more determined I get.

TheMaster327

Dat Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! I will most definitely be doing a BQ for these games (not sure which I'm gonna get just yet.), I'll probably SR for Mudkip, can't wait! So, is anyone else planning to do a BQ for these remakes?

Oh, of course. I always BQ new games. I'll be getting Omega Ruby.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Shuppet and Pumpkaboo are really taking their time. I am around 850 REs in, I really hope is doesn't' take much longer. I really want to start hunting for the CH