• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Zenn of Ascension

If you don't get tynamo in chargestone, you should try again once you get to seaside cave in your BQ

Maybe, there are just so many shinies that I want that it would be hard to fit it in, so hopefully I get it during this hunt. =P Actually Seaside Cave might be the better place to find a Tynamo since it's the only electric type in that area.

Dangertrout

This. In its entirety. I want Kyogre to shine soon! Last night I made it up to 7,250 SRs and now I have done a few hundred today. One of my classes got cancelled, so I am replacing class time with Kyogre time. (Not a smart idea, but it makes me happy :p) Good luck everyone and I hope that y'all are having better luck than I am!

@Dangertrout: I LOVE the new setup by the way! :)

Thanks =) I thought posting those who achieved the goal for the month might in turn encourage more people to participate :p

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Thanks =) I thought posting those who achieved the goal for the month might in turn encourage more people to participate :p

That and it shows actually how many and what was gotten. :) I am praying that my name gets thrown up there at least 2 more times this month (I'm looking at you Kyogre! And then at you Rayquaza!!!) :p Really good job. :3

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Is there a good way to find a Shiny Riolu in Black 2. it has a 5% chance in Floccesy Ranch, and the normal 8192 chances. am i just going with random encounters here :L

Dangertrout

Is there a good way to find a Shiny Riolu in Black 2. it has a 5% chance in Floccesy Ranch, and the normal 8192 chances. am i just going with random encounters here :L

Unfortunately, I think that's your best bet until you defeat the E4 the first time. Once the daycare is unlocked, Masuda Method would be faster and when you complete the National Dex you can get the Shining Charm to improve your odds even further.

Added some announcements to the first post. I think I'll leave it at that for a while and see how the thread goes =)
Now, back to SRing Mesprit :p

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
I've been lurking around the old thread for a few weeks so I guess this is about as good of a time as any to start posting here.
Started a MM + Shiny Charm hunt for Cottonee about 2 days ago, which is my first target in B2. 300 eggs, woo!

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Wow, I was wondering why the old thread was closed, I was like O_O;;;

So far, I'm taking breaks on my shinies, but my MM hunt for Ledyba in my SS got about 1050 eggs, no shiny yet :c

And as for Rayquaza, its 1580 SRs.... and I'm gettin' sick of the theme song XD I always get confused easy coz when ye encounter it, its dark...esp its shiny form is black,,,agh XD nya~

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Nice thread! Best get a tally for each month in 2013, then add them up. It'd be nice.

800 SRs now, hoping for 1,000 by tomorrow's end.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Nice to see a new thread up. I haven't really had much time or motivation to hunt recently, but good luck to everyone and congrats to everyone on your recent shinies!

sunnygowing

Getting there...
I have what could be a really stupid question about MM:
I know you need 2 pokemon from different countries, I get that, however, would MM occur if one parent was American and the other was British? Or does it have to be different language titles?

Dangertrout

Nice thread! Best get a tally for each month in 2013, then add them up. It'd be nice.

800 SRs now, hoping for 1,000 by tomorrow's end.

A tally of 2013, eh? I shall consider this. Just a simple how many successful hunts per month sort of thing

I have what could be a really stupid question about MM:
I know you need 2 pokemon from different countries, I get that, however, would MM occur if one parent was American and the other was British? Or does it have to be different language titles?

From what I was told recently, US and UK should work. US+Canadian apparently get the same country marker. Same goes for UK+Astralia. (in that UK/Australia count as same country)

Skippio

The Upgrade
Sweet, new thread. Going to try to get my name up on the first post sometime, maybe not this month. I'll be alternating weeks on what I hunt, REing on 112 and SRing for Squirtle. Unfortunately, I only have one system that can play Gen 3 games. :c

Once December comes, I will be MMing for a shiny Electrike, since that was the one I wanted but got stuck with a Zigzagoon instead.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Nice! a new thread congrats to everyone who got on the completed community hunts list :)
well done lets hope for alot more to come best of luck to you all
and this thread is awesome dangertrout good job!:D

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Well I've lost count, but I've SR at least three hundred, probably more, to try and find a shiny lugia in SoulSilver : ( Nothing yet

My shiny experiences boil down to the first one in XD: Gale of Darkness with a shiny surskit and a shiny male nidoran in SoulSilver. That's it unfortunately. I'm still trying to MM Zorua, Eevee, and Absol

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Dangertrout, I think your shiny odds are a little bit wrong. Since some of them don't match the ones on serebii self: Klik!

I'm showing the odds precisely:

Base rate in Gen 3 and up: 1/8192
Breeding with MM in Gen 4: 1/1639 Should be: 2048
Breeding with MM in Gen 5: 1/1366 Should be: 1365.3
Encounters with Shining Charm: 1/2730 Should be:2370.6
Breeding with MM + Shining Charm: 1/1024

Not trying to be a *** here, but just saying.

And about my shiny hunting, I reach 4k RE's, and just got myself 50 Taillow eggs.

Got 1 badge at my soulsilver game, getting 4 badges total and then gonna start SRing a shiny Lapras.

GL everyone!

Xionea

Half a centaur
So today I found my Diamond version and played it to see what Pokemon I still had on it (since I'm trying to collect every Pokemon on my White 2) and to my gigantic shock, I found my first caught shiny on there! I thought I accidentally deleted every shiny I had when I restarted my White version (lost my Pupitar, Golduck, Machamp, and Magnezone), but luckily my shiny Meditite was stashed away in the game I hadn't played in 3 years. Just thought I'd share that. Good luck on all of your shiny hunts, everybody!

Snivasel

<- Last shiny
Great, a new thread! I've been reading you all this time to keep me motivated to shiny hunting and is great to participate too :D

Well, I don't know if you remember me, I'm the one who got the shiny Kink in the Chargestone Cave hunt in 99 encounters. Well I was very lucky but I haven't been that lucky in these 3 months (except a shiny Floatztel that I chained a few days later) until now...

Some days ago (when I got the Shining Charm) I planned to get any shiny from Reversal Mountain for my friend's birthday, but tonight I finally got his present: a shiny Skarmory, the one he most liked.

SKARMORY
2352 REs (with Shining Charm) in Reversal Mountain (W2)
Lv38 Male
Hab: Sturdy
Nat: Bashful
IVs: 0-23-15-2-13-3

I don't have any pictures yet as I don't have a camera, but I'll try to add some pictures soon. Now I think that I'll SR for the legendaries of W2 (participating in the community hunt), especially Latias and Cresselia :p.

Congrats to the latest captures and good luck to everybody, especially Cocoa, I hope that you can start your BQ soon.

Dangertrout

Dangertrout, I think your shiny odds are a little bit wrong. Since some of them don't match the ones on serebii self: Klik!

I'm showing the odds precisely:

Base rate in Gen 3 and up: 1/8192
Breeding with MM in Gen 4: 1/1639 Should be: 2048
Breeding with MM in Gen 5: 1/1366 Should be: 1365.3
Encounters with Shining Charm: 1/2730 Should be:2370.6
Breeding with MM + Shining Charm: 1/1024

Not trying to be a *** here, but just saying.

And about my shiny hunting, I reach 4k RE's, and just got myself 50 Taillow eggs.

Got 1 badge at my soulsilver game, getting 4 badges total and then gonna start SRing a shiny Lapras.

GL everyone!

I got my stats from bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Breeding#Breeding_for_Shininess

I'll leave it the way it is until I can figure out which one is right