• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Last edited:

kayteemae

Hit To Key
This Horsea does not want to shine, it's definitely taking longer than my Eevee hunt :/

I've decided I'm going to create an all purple shiny Pokemon team, so if anyone knows any final evolutions that are purple please let me know. I've got a small list so far but I'd like each one to be a different type, looking at older gen as well as current gen Pokemon as I've got Black, although I'll probably make it to use in Black 2 when I get it next week ^_^

dan2point5

Magcargo is purple when shiny so go for an awesome shiny Slugma!

Nearing 5,300 SR's now. Hoping it appears before the weekend.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Magcargo is purple when shiny so go for an awesome shiny Slugma!

Nearing 5,300 SR's now. Hoping it appears before the weekend.

I wish Magcargo had the same colour as Slugma while being shiny. That would be awesome, purple and pink colours are just to common for a shiny Pokémon.

I might get one anyway though, I want a Shiny Magcargo to be my egg hatcher. (Sorta.)

Zenn of Ascension

After only 2266 encounters I found my 5th shiny on my badge quest a shiny Joltik! Emolga was in front of my party when it graced my screen while I was watching Air Gear. It was a huge surprise (and slightly disappointing since I wasn't Tynamo to shine) since I wasn't really expecting anything so quickly! =)

Encounter

Summary

I know the encounter picture is bad I just couldn't get a good angle...=P It also has a Quiet nature which is great plus it has really good IVs (26 HP, 31 SA, 29 SD) Now I'm off to hunt at Reversal Mountain!

Good luck to everyone else on there hunts as well! =)

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
After only 2266 encounters I found my 5th shiny on my badge quest a shiny Joltik! Emolga was in front of my party when it graced my screen while I was watching Air Gear. It was a huge surprise (and slightly disappointing since I wasn't Tynamo to shine) since I wasn't really expecting anything so quickly!

That's amazing! I'm still doing encounters, and I'm at 4000. Even with the shiny charm. I wish I had your luck sir.

Shiny Lord

Congrats on your fifth badge quest shiny! Hopeful I will get my own chargestone cave shiny soon and catch up to you!

After only 2266 encounters I found my 5th shiny on my badge quest a shiny Joltik! Emolga was in front of my party when it graced my screen while I was watching Air Gear. It was a huge surprise (and slightly disappointing since I wasn't Tynamo to shine) since I wasn't really expecting anything so quickly! =)

Encounter

Summary

I know the encounter picture is bad I just couldn't get a good angle...=P It also has a Quiet nature which is great plus it has really good IVs (26 HP, 31 SA, 29 SD) Now I'm off to hunt at Reversal Mountain!

Zenn of Ascension

Congrats on your fifth badge quest shiny! Hopeful I will get my own chargestone cave shiny soon and catch up to you!

Thanks! ^^ I don't think I ever congratulated you on getting that shiny Yamask, I really wish that I got that for my fourth badge. =P

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Thanks! ^^ I don't think I ever congratulated you on getting that shiny Yamask, I really wish that I got that for my fourth badge. =P

Nice congrats on that awesome shiny to bad it wasnt the tynamo you wanted :( but still congrats on taking the lead :D

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter

Encounter

Summary

Ahh! You're in the lead now, gratz! Cmon Mandibuzz shinee!

StingrayKurt

Wow congrats on ur shiny joltik! very nice luck! please pass some of it my way so i can finish this latios hunt!

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Freaked out when i saw the thread close! i was like "ah"...
lol. i like this thread tho. good luck to shiny hunts!

y wont this stupid marill shine?!?!?!?!
I'm near 8,000 eggs!
I kno im so impatient LOL

EDIT:
not participating in the community hunt. gotta stick with my marill, i'm too deep in! maybe i'll sr that mandibuzz a bit, but prob only 4 a few thousand. gotta stick with my MMING. btw, my bday is comin uuuupp!
:p

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Woo new thread!

This Horsea does not want to shine, it's definitely taking longer than my Eevee hunt :/

I've decided I'm going to create an all purple shiny Pokemon team, so if anyone knows any final evolutions that are purple please let me know. I've got a small list so far but I'd like each one to be a different type, looking at older gen as well as current gen Pokemon as I've got Black, although I'll probably make it to use in Black 2 when I get it next week ^_^

http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/index.php?position=front&color=shiny

Best page out there for picking your shiny targets out. GL on your purple hunt!

3,300 encounters now at Virbank Complex... Hope this isn't as long as Snivy took, albeit timewise this is a shorter hunt...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Wow, I'm loving the new setup for this thread, and I'm saying this knowing how many times it's been previously said. I saw that the last one was locked and thought "Oh, no! Not again!" Glad to see this much more organized, especially with the extra info and tips, and community hunt. Question on the community hunt: will the completed hunts on the first page be including people who only post in the other shiny threads, or only those posted here?

I've decided I can't stay away from Wooper any longer, and I'm starting right away. This will be my first MM hunt that I plan to complete, and I'll be storing an extra large batch of eggs for the All Boxes Filled Medal, so I'll have a lot of Woopers to release. :p

kayteemae

Hit To Key

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter

I almost said that Kingdra is purple (cuz I got one personally) and then I did a *facepalm* because you are currently hunting for Horsea... I had a Slow...poke moment. :p

Well... In Kyogre news, I have officially passed the odds... I did a whooping 1,015 SRs today, bringing my total to 8,265 SRs. This thing is starting to drive me nuts!!! I am hoping that I get it before next week so that I can work on Rayquaza over Thanksgiving break. (Yeah... I know. Us silly Americans and our celebrations. :p)

Well, happy hunting everyone and congrats on all new shinies and I hope that everyone has better luck than I am having!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm curious-how are you guys counting all these SR/REs?

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
I'm curious-how are you guys counting all these SR/REs?

I don't track my SRs but I know most people just use a calculator or write it down on paper. Same thing for RE'ing but I just use the trainer card to keep track of that.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
I've got an idea for the OP of this thread since it seems people are constantly questioning everyone about whether this or that is MM or things such as that. Why don't you add a FAQ to the first post, Dangertrout, to help everyone to figure out any questions they may have. The 5th gen shiny discussion thread has one, so it could be similar to that. I know you've kind of already got a FAQ type thing there but just explaining what can MM with what, and how you SR on the different gen. games etc. could be helpful for beginners.

Last edited:

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I JUST got my shiny charm! Finally I plan to do some MMing. First one on the agenda is snesel. I first want to get the egg move of ice punch of it so when I get her I could really use her well.

Also, if I may participate in the community hunt with Azelf or maybe all the Lake Trio Pokemon. I think their shinnies are okay but Azelf the one I like the most, as a Pokemon and a shiny. I really don't any others that I can SR at this point.