• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys. I managed 845 SRs today, bringing my Kyogre total to 9,110 SRs. This hunt is starting to get very tiresome, but I watched some shiny Kyogre hunts on YouTube today to make me more motivated. I sure hope to get this thing soon. It looks like I will soon be in a 5 digit number hunt... Well good luck everyone and happy hunting! Good night!

Shiny Lord

4,000 RE at Chargestone cave and still no shiny :(! I'm hoping something shows soon.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Wow! Forget what I said earlier. Not even a full box into my huge batch of eggs, Wooper appeared at 335 eggs! Wooper.JPG
This is totally unexpected, even though I already had 310 eggs hatched in Black. Female, Jolly nature and Damp, which isn't really great on Wooper, but at least I've avenged the loss of the first shiny I've ever encountered. My first MM hunt too, so I impressed, though I can say my luck has more than balanced itself out from that nasty Rayquaza hunt. That could be that last of my good luck for the year, though, but that's okay with me. Now I have to hatch over 300 more eggs to clean out my boxes. Good luck on those hunts, everyone!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Wow! Forget what I said earlier. Not even a full box into my huge batch of eggs, Wooper appeared at 335 eggs! View attachment 6829
This is totally unexpected, even though I already had 310 eggs hatched in Black. Female, Jolly nature and Damp, which isn't really great on Wooper, but at least I've avenged the loss of the first shiny I've ever encountered. My first MM hunt too, so I impressed, though I can say my luck has more than balanced itself out from that nasty Rayquaza hunt. That could be that last of my good luck for the year, though, but that's okay with me. Now I have to hatch over 300 more eggs to clean out my boxes. Good luck on those hunts, everyone!

That's great, congrats!

I've done my 15 Eevee encounters for the day...Which brings me to a total of 450 REs in the last 9 days :) This could be a long hunt...Hopefully things will pick up once I get a lot of this school work out of the way next week! On that note...Minimal progress on my paper, but I'm at least at the point of typing it. Will I squeeze 5 pages out of the pathetic amount of info I have? Stay tuned to find out!

I feel like I spend a lot of time working on this paper. But then I realize most of that time has been spent distracted. Then I realize all that distracted time could have just as well been shiny hunting time instead and it's disappointing =\

Now a question for everyone...When you find a shiny, do you opt to evolve it? Do you have any restrictions you set yourself, like not evolving your shiny unless you get a second shiny of it? Or do you not care at all and you just do whatever you feel like with it?

I feel like for the most part, I'll keep any shinies I find randomly as they are. So my Litwick will stay a Litwick...Which is fine, since I don't like Chandelure, and the shiny form of Chandelure is pretty lame IMO. However, while I'd ideally like to keep any shiny I find as it is until I get a second, it just doesn't seem very feasible for something like getting a shiny Umbreon which I want most right now, as it would require 2 shiny Eevees...Unless I have a really quick hunt, it's out of the question to try to get a second =\

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Wow! Forget what I said earlier. Not even a full box into my huge batch of eggs, Wooper appeared at 335 eggs! View attachment 6829

Holy, I'm also doing my first MM. I'm at 400 Eggs.

But atm now doing Random Encounters, got 4k atm and going for 5k!

EDIT:

Holy crap! My first every RE hunted shiny just showed up!

A Piloswine at 4,330 Random Encounters! It has naive nature, not it's best nature. But 31 IV at special defence.

I'm so happy right now, I'm now going to look for a new route to hunt on.

Last edited:

StingrayKurt

Hey everyone congrats you guys on your new shiny wooper and piloswine. I'm now a little over 2600 SR for Latios, I wish I can get some of Gustavos luck right about now!

dan2point5

Congrats on Wooper Gustavo and congrats to Dylz on Piloswine! Both very nice shinies.

Whilst I've been at work this morning I've managed to do 200 SR's. Will hopefully get another. 500 done at some point today. Please shine soon Registeel I wanna get started on the final hunt!

Best of luck everyone today. Let's do this!

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Thanks stingray and dan2, I'm kinda lucky though. Didn't knew that swine had trash. I false swiped it and threw only one luxury ball. :3

Gl both on your SR shiny's, I hope one day I will have the patience to SR.

Time to finish my MM Taillow hunt. Gonna do 100 Eggs daily.

Last edited:

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
Congrats on Wooper and Piloswine.

I've reached a total of 2500 RE's in Virbank Complex for a second shiny there, no idea when something will shine. Needless to say my luck has been drained after getting Kyurem and Magby a couple of nights ago, not complaing though.

I'm gonna do at least another 200 RE's before bed. Good luck everybody :)

Right now I'm at 640 SR for a shiny Turtwig on my BQ. Hope it shines soon! :D

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
So much time spenton getting shiny marill...
UGH

PokemonAdventures149

Hey everyone congrats you guys on your new shiny wooper and piloswine. I'm now a little over 2600 SR for Latios, I wish I can get some of Gustavos luck right about now!

Also SRing for Shiny Latios and no luck so far v.v I am at around 3500 SR. I'll try to get in another 500 today but that may be too much since I have a busy day ahead of me.

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Congrats on the early Wooper!!

I hatched 100 more Spiritomb eggs last night - no luck. Dang.

I'm at 1,100 total eggs now, on my way up!

Bunches

Grass PKM Trainer
I'm on my second ever MM hunt and decided to go for Ponyta because it has one of my favorite shiny sprites. 155 eggs hatched so far. I'm hoping it doesn't take as long as my Zorua hunt (1070 eggs) . Good luck/Congrats to everyone.

Markasdarkas

Shiny Hunter!
I am now up to 900 SR's for Regirock. Now that I am done with class and since I dont have to work tonight I will be SRing the rest of the day ^.^ I have a good feeling that it will shine for me today. Keep up the great work everyone and dont give up on your hunts :D

sunnygowing

Getting there...
If it makes all of you feel better, through thousands of hours (i'd guess 1400 ~ 1500 hours spent through Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black and Black 2), I've NEVER encountered a shiny I could call my own!
I had a shiny salamence through GTS which I traded for a hariyama (WHYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?) and have a shiny gyarados (but who doesn't have one by now?)
Best of luck to everyone!

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
@sunnygowing-ive only had 1! i feel ur pain...
but as u can see in my signature, i encountered another, but my game was on red and shut off.
LIKE, REALLY
:D

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Managed a measly 75 SRs on Lugia, but my total stands at 1,250 SRs. 2,000 by the weekend's end? Possibly, I'd need about 250 per day, starting from tomorrow.

How do some of you do 500 SRs on BW2 in one day? How many hours does it take to do so many?