• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

^ You could chain using the pokeradar after defeating the elite 4. And you can use an abra or something with the ability synchronise to help with the nature.
Got a german shellder with my own shellder now so my community mm is now underway! Even better news im 4 whole eggs in! Using w2 with lax everstone, so its all good. Congrats to helio and shiny lord on frillish and zangoose respectively. Gl and congrats to all who needs it!

Charoshi

Charmander is best
At 1446 soft resets for the Johto Starters now, I was hoping for a quick hunt so I could start my badge quest. It is a nice change of pace from those ice types who refuse to shine. I've done over 3000 REs and hatched 678 eggs, and only a shiny Solrock to show for it so far this month.

Edit: For Charizardmaster#1 below me

Hey wanna race for a johto starter? I think it'd be fun for us both and might give us a bit more inspiration. I'm also doing a BQ on my SS so if we both get it we can race for that too.

Around 2700 SRs. Good luck everyone!

I'm down, definitely seems fun. I've done another 459 resets since, so I'm at 1905 SRs. I'm definitely down, since my exams will be over in a week and I can hardcore Pokemon.

Last edited:

aquriomaster

Hyori Hasama
Well this is not working i thought my odds were good
i have now 4 pc boxes filled with tepigs (sigh) This MM thing is hard

Dangertrout

Well this is not working i thought my odds were good
i have now 4 pc boxes filled with tepigs (sigh) This MM thing is hard

hmm... odds of hatching a shiny with all the bells and whistles: 1/1024
4 x 30 = 120 tepigs.
you have a ways to go, my friend :p
Don't give up though, you'll get it eventually =)

*looks at her 1100 non-shiny smoochums*
/sigh. so tired of smoochums. maybe I should switch hunts or something

aquriomaster

Hyori Hasama
This is why i collect events heres my list of shinies
Cloyster-legit
Metagross-legit
solrock-not sure
moltres-legit
pachirisu-not sure
Ditto-not sure
rayquaza-event

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
At 1446 soft resets for the Johto Starters now, I was hoping for a quick hunt so I could start my badge quest. It is a nice change of pace from those ice types who refuse to shine. I've done over 3000 REs and hatched 678 eggs, and only a shiny Solrock to show for it so far this month.

Hey wanna race for a johto starter? I think it'd be fun for us both and might give us a bit more inspiration. I'm also doing a BQ on my SS so if we both get it we can race for that too.

Around 2700 SRs. Good luck everyone!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, a simple update from me today.

1,565 REs in Route 35, whilst a nice 3,650 REs on Route 203. I hope I get to move on to Eterna Forest soon...

Darn, I thought I had caught up to you. :p I'm only at 2000 RE's right now in Route 207 still, planning to get some more in a bit. I've now reached 3000 for Baltoy, so I'm going to take a break there to go to Route 207. Looks like I should ignore the fact that I have the shiny charm, since it obviously isn't helping me anymore. Oh, well. No Articuno yet either, though for now, good luck everyone!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Amazingly, I just got a shiny Cobalion last night. It only took 128 SRs(no, I'm not joking). This makes my search for the black Rayquaza seem like forever

WaterTypesFTW

Shiny Hunter
Wow, it's been a very long time since I posted on a shiny thread.

Congrats to everyone who got their shinies! ^^

A little update on myself: Since March, when I hatched my shiny Feebas, I obtained two shinies. Mr. Mime hatched on my White game after 3373 eggs. And I decided to RE outside Reversal Mountain on Black 2 and raced my sister to see who would get their shiny first, she was MM by the way so I was pretty sure she was going to win. And then a red Skorupi appeared after only 981 encounters last night and I screamed, "I win!" ^^ Now I'm RE encountering in Relic Castle and hoping for either a Yamask or a Sandshrew but I have a feeling I'll run into a Sandile because those things just won't leave me alone! Since March I kept on loosing my motivation to hunt shinies so I hope I don't lose my motivation again for this.

Good luck everone, keep up the good work!

Chingchar

It's been ages since I've posted here...
Congrats on all your shinies! I just went in my Japanese White game and I found a shiny Thundurus!!! I'm so happy I would put pictures up but I can't unfortunately :/ It's nature (not that I really care because its shiny) is Timid which isn't so bad. It is completely legit before people start saying I hacked or RNGed it, I wasn't even looking for a shiny so I'm pretty happy about it :3 good luck to anyone still looking for shinies!

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Rofl, after 1,950 Random Encounters I came across a Shiny Lunatone. It wasn't easy to catch since I had to use my lvl 65 damp Golduck. It kept using future sight and healing block every time I was very lucky. (Kept me throwing into the red hp zone.) After he tryed to use explosion 4 times, I threw a critical capture. :3 I wasted over 30 Luxury balls. But still, I got it. It's serious nature. But I don't care about natures. It's my 15th Shiny on the date: 12/12/12 :3

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Congrats on the Lunatone, Dylz!

I'm just about to start some REs for Gastly, hopefully I'll get to 1000 today. And tomorrow, I'll be adding an MM hunt to my active hunts, and hatch the eggs while REing Gastly. Not sure what Pokemon I'll do, though.

Dangertrout

I give up! This Smoochum refuses to shine >.<
I think I'm going to quit hunting for a while.
Hope everyone is having better luck than I was!

@Dylz, gratz on Lunatone!!

edit - @Zenn, congrats on Porygon!
@Kitty, congrats on eevee!!

Last edited:

Zenn of Ascension

After 2,872 SRs I found my fourth shiny for my badge quest- Porygon!

Summary

I really glad that this hunt was shorter than my last one so that's good. However it's IV are darn right crappy (4 of them are under 4 and the other 2 are like 20) but I'm definitely not going to be picky since it is a shiny. =P I was SR for a Pinsir but changed my mind since I had a enough coins to get a Porygon anyways and I really like shiny sprite. Plus I've always wanted to hunt this shiny because of it being one of the more rare shinies that you can get it the third gen. ^_^

Now I just need to decide what to hunt for next on my badge quest. Good luck to everyone hunting and congrats on any recent shinies. =)

StingrayKurt

Wow congrats you guys on the sol rock and porygon especially porygon! I've gotta get me one of those! As for me I'm over 900 SR for kyurem. Wishing it will shine soon for me. Wish me luck everyone!

Bramble

Haven't had much time to hunt lately...last night I did have some time for the CH last night. I got up to 413 encounters last night. My trainer card is now up to almost 5000 encounters, and no shiny has appeared at all on my White 2. :(

syrrume

Shiny Hunter
Congrats on the recent shinies!!

especially the Porygon!!

sad to hear about dangertrout giving up on poor smoochum !!

BTW guys ((12 days to go!))

TheMaster327

Thanks for reminding me, syrrume. Not even started my Christmas shopping yet... Probably won't until Monday...

Almost all preparations for 'Operation Shiny Duck Hunt' have been completed. Sandile has evolved into Krokorok, and Magnemite has evolved into a Magneton. All I need to do now is get ChaChi to help me evolve Gurdurr, and I'll be set to go for this, potentially epic, hunt. When (and if) I finish it, I will also provide a list of all the EV wings I've picked up along the way... It's gonna be a large number! Wish me luck!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Aww, I wish you wouldn't give up on Smoochum, Dangertrout. I feel bad since I randomly hatched one while IV breeding, hope you manage to go for it again in the future.

I'm a few encounters away from hitting the 8k mark in Relic Passage and nearly 9k encounters outside of Dragonspiral Tower. I wonder which will shine first... Anyways gratz on the Porygon Zenn and good luck everyone.

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Did like 1k encounters today, got myself a Shiny Lunatone and I'm now at 550 random encounters on route 15. I'm hoping for a shiny Gligar & Pupitar. ( I love their shiny evolutions )

I gave up on the community hunt, just don't want to risk to get another Piloswine, and I hate MM'ing.