• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
It's fine! Late night forum reading does that to me sometimes!
And gee, thank you! For whatever reason I never even thought about using Arena Trap/Shadow Tag! I already have a Static Flaaffy to use but it never occurred to me that as long as I switch in a Dugtrio or something that I can stop it Teleporting, though I'll still use a Masterball if Struggle becomes a problem. I'll definitely search on Route 203 now! Just gotta take extra care to inspect it carefully whenever I encounter one!
Good luck on your Badge Quest too btw, your currently searching in the same area as I plan to for your 5th shiny XP

Yep, Arena Trap prevents the use of Teleport, according to bulbapedia. And I succeeded in getting a shiny Starly there, so you should be fine.

I am at 3,702 REs in Eterna Forest. I am slowing down due to schoolwork, but I can get to 3,800 by tonight. Good luck and a blanket CONGRATS to all who got a shiny (and don't worry, I noticed the Golduck =P).

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Hello everyone. Congrats to gustavo on rhyhorn and basculin City 4 shinies in one day(epic.) that awesome golduck(points at the psyduck in my sig)and that random tranquil and shuckle

as for an update on my hunts they are both @ 3000 SRs which isnt to bad i guess i hope dratini gets an ok nature since i cant sync it one lol i just have to hope for a good one and i cant wait to see that yellow sunshine instead of purple tasteless balloon after dratini shines ill be happily returning to my W2 BQ

Last edited:
Hi guys!!!
Schools been a pain with work, but im active again! Congratulations to gustavo on all of his shinies, cocoa on his (torterra <3) and city on 4 shinies in ONE day.
I am hatching the rest of my shellders then im moving onto a secret hunt, which i've been looking for a while.
Paddy out =D gl

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Shiny hunting for a Zorua (through a Ditto I found on the GTS) with the Masuda Method! First time doing so, I've almost got a box full! Can't wait to get my hands on a purple Zoroark and boast to my friends ehehehehe :D It shall be a perilous journey but I won't give up! *crosses fingers for a possibility of getting a good IV'd Timid one to send to Pokémon Y*

ChipperDipper

Shiny Hunter
Okay, just reaching 3000 magnemite (just counting the magnemites) encounters... 2998 to be exact, if I get a shiny before the 3000 mark.... I'll kiss a hamster XD

Last edited:

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I noticed the announcement of the B2W2 wifi event, and since I got my W2 a few weeks ago, I had no chance to even think about getting a keldeo, so this is perfect. If only tepig shines for me so I can move on and get the event xD

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
thanks all :)
rovert is the keldeo a global link event? and good luck hunting everyone!

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
thanks all :)
rovert is the keldeo a global link event? and good luck hunting everyone!

No shiny yet, and nope, just regular old wifi, which is why I'm happy. Got rid of my global link on W2 like a week ago xD

AlmightyOmni

So the only shiny I ever got was a lvl 2 sentret in Pokemon Crystal.... Right now I am SRing for shiny Suicine in SS and I've been at it for 10 hours straight now... Have to be passed 1500 SRs by now.

Anyone care to share their luck with SRing for shiny legendaries? How many SRs/hours did it take?

RussianNiko

I feel bad only coming here when I'm searching for something but anyway if anyone would be awesome to trade me a shiny ralts I would be eternally greatful to you. I'm not having any luck shiny breeding at the momnent despite the lovely odds. If you could help can you PM or something please? thanks ~

Dangertrout

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Well this sucks..... I lost my Jap. Black 2 and Eng. White 2 :/. At least for now they're lost. Hopefully I'll find them but my Black 2 had both my Shiny Magnetons on it and my Shiny Azurill. I will be extremely pissed if I don't find them at some point, especially B2 since it cost me $60 and has three shinies on it. Well wish me luck finding those...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well this sucks..... I lost my Jap. Black 2 and Eng. White 2 :/. At least for now they're lost. Hopefully I'll find them but my Black 2 had both my Shiny Magnetons on it and my Shiny Azurill. I will be extremely pissed if I don't find them at some point, especially B2 since it cost me $60 and has three shinies on it. Well wish me luck finding those...

Yikes, that scares me just thinking about it happening to me. I really hope you find it soon!

Meanwhile, I'm at 2300 RE's in my BQ hunt so far, and I've decided that I'll be going for Feebas right away, since I can pass on Calm nature and get a competitively viable shiny Milotic. Still hoping for a female, but I won't go for a second one if a male one shines. Anyway, good luck on those hunts, especially some of those hunts starting to turn long recently!

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
Sorry to hear about that Larvitar, Mays =\ And hope you find your games again, Charizardmaster >.< That's gotta be really annoying.

I did 250 SRs today, with the occasional Turtwig slip up...Probably around 4-5 of them were Turtwigs. It's not that I don't think Torterra would be a decent shiny, but I'm so set on Empoleon, that it would still be incredibly disappointing if after doing a bunch of SRs, I end up with a shiny Turtwig on accident >.<

So that brings me to 700 SRs total in the 4 days I've been SRing. Doing some quick math, that means to reach 10k SRs, it would take me just days short of two month's time of SRing =\ Hopefully it doesn't take me that many SRs. And hopefully I haven't and don't end up skipping over a shiny Piplup since it's a little hard to tell =.=

I also have work tomorrow, just an normal 5 hour shift though, but then on Friday and Saturday, I'm back on doubles, and out of shiny-hunting-commission from 11 am - 11 pm both of those days :\ Not excited about that, but I'm also not even working 40 hour weeks, so I can't complain too much I guess.

Good luck on all of your hunts and goals!

Last edited:

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
I just got my first shiny by SR and my second in total. I got shiny turtwig that female, my first badge quest pokemon.

Shiny Lord

1,025 Lotad eggs hatched with shiny charm. I'm officially over the odds. I hope it shines soon.